• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto 581
tumblr_m1yg8eoV5E1qckh5uo1_500.jpg

Kishimoto actually had me on the edge just for the next moment that he ended so suddenly. Although I feel he would just say "Im sorry" or something along those lines, I cant help but think it would be so much more. I kind of hope he makes this entire segment last much longer as it is pretty good.

The balance between Rasengan techniques and Sharigan techniques implied that it was time to get yet another sharigan move since we were just introduced to another rasengan a few chapters ago. So claims of shock and disinterest are definitely unwarranted folks. We have to keep the uchiha's at least caught up with the uzumaki.

Gazzawa

Naruto 581
tumblr_m1yg8eoV5E1qckh5uo1_500.jpg

Kishimoto actually had me on the edge just for the next moment that he ended so suddenly. Although I feel he would just say "Im sorry" or something along those lines, I cant help but think it would be so much more. I kind of hope he makes this entire segment last much longer as it is pretty good.

The balance between Rasengan techniques and Sharigan techniques implied that it was time to get yet another sharigan move since we were just introduced to another rasengan a few chapters ago. So claims of shock and disinterest are definitely unwarranted folks. We have to keep the uchiha's at least caught up with the uzumaki.

this man knows his stuff.

Desmond

Naruto 581

Anyone could have predicted Izanami, Kishi loves his mythology, so it should come as no surprise.

scy

Anyone could have predicted Izanami, Kishi loves his mythology, so it should come as no surprise.

"Izanami" as a technique is really no surprise. Really though, it's amazing that any other family even tries to pretend at being a ninja when Sharingan h4x has everything else in the world.

Naruto
Man Kishi really does not give a fuck anymore , sharingan hax here we go again .
Still i with this train to the end no matter how it turns out .

Bleach
Nothing much happen but still good chapter .
I like what Kubo is doing , this is last arc bring back everyone in some form or the other .
So far things are going good.

Mr. Fix

Naruto

Hot garbage. We're basically where we started again except that the new ass pull Izanami is supposed to somehow make up for the rest of the chapter. Also, yet another retconned flashback we're supposed to care about. We get it, Itachi went down as a patriot seen as a traitor- move on with it. Also Kabuto's attempt at swaying Sasuke over was just weak-sauce. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up working later, given the terrible writing.

Bleach

It's bad enough that each chapter's the size of a peanut, but Kubo manages to spread a short gag into several panels. Looks like Ginjo's back (lol) on page 11. And Orohime speaks! Hopefully Grimmjow shows up soon, the tag-team between him and Ichigo is inevitable, I hope.

One Piece!

th_cryingluffy2.gif

Bleach

It's bad enough that each chapter's the size of a peanut, but Kubo manages to spread a short gag into several panels. Looks like Ginjo's back (lol) on page 11. And Orohime speaks! Hopefully Grimmjow shows up soon, the tag-team between him and Ichigo is inevitable, I hope.

One more Grimmjow fan at a time. Thats the very core of my excitement for this return to Hueco Mundo.

Naruto
FwUxc.png

delicious. ridiculusly delicious. Art was kinda shitty in a few panels though

Bleach
i like the that officer/general's design but i hope kubo just didn't bring back these character who I don't give a fuck about to just kill them or have them on the brink of death and let ichigo save them, he could've got it over with in this chapter.

Naruto

I should have known that Kishi will give Sasuke another sharingan power. Kishi is in to much of Japanese mythology.

Bleach

How dare that Opie to insult Aizen.

Yeah, Kubo is bringing back a lot of character. That´s nice. I can´t wait for him to show up

Beam
Slow on the Uptake
(Today, 09:48 AM)

Give me a break bro.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: C+

Not too much happened. I can see that Kubo is putting getting some minor comedy in before the war starts. Not a bad tactic and it's not too overdone. Anyways, neither great nor bad chapter here. Just okay. It's nice to see that Kubo hasn't forgotten about some of the more prominent characters from prior arcs like many thought he did.

Pacing kind of dropped off here too. Lame. I expected a big move from one of the players or to see some more SS action (mystery that Ikkaku and Yumichisomething were investigating), but I guess he's bringing everyone back into it to prepare for what's coming.

Bleach: C

Not too much happened. I can see that Kubo is putting getting some minor comedy in before the war starts. Not a bad tactic and it's not too overdone. Anyways, neither great nor bad chapter here. Just okay. It's nice to see that Kubo hasn't forgotten about some of the more prominent characters from prior arcs like many thought he did.

Pacing kind of dropped off here too. Lame. I expected a big move from one of the players or to see some more SS action (mystery that Ikkaku and Yumichisomething were investigating), but I guess he's bringing everyone back into it to prepare for what's coming.

How did pacing drop off? They litrally just hopped skipped and jumped right from Ichigo's bed to the deep combat of the Iacto Arme's assault and then the main rebellion forces stronghold, pacing is swift.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
How did pacing drop off? They litrally just hopped skipped and jumped right from Ichigo's bed to the deep combat of the Iacto Arme's assault and then the main rebellion forces stronghold, pacing is swift.
That happened last chapter, or rather, it was insinuated. The pacing in this arc has been very very swift so far. But that's only been like 6 chapters.

This chapter in particular had slower pacing than previous ones. Not as many events happened.

Overall though, things are moving quick. I will admit, they got to Hueco Mundo quickly as shit. Before, there would've been bs of them getting to Hueco Mundo, explanations and stuff. At the beginning of this chapter they were right at the door and in the thick of it. But that's off screen stuff. The events in the actual chapter...they got there, we learn of what's happening in HM, new baddie (who has an awesome design)...but I just felt like not much happened.

Zekes!

Dear smutgaf: I was reading Nana to Kaoru last night. Didn't think I'd be in to it as much as I was. Another case of the leads just not spitting out their feelings though. How many anime/manga romances would be over in a couple chapters if someone just manned up and said "I like/love you"?

All of them

Steroyd

I'm just going to throw out some crazy ramblings but instead of countering a hax move with another hax move that requires an even more hax move to counter a more hax move couldn't someone like Sasuske whose labelled a "genius" do something like, oh I don't know... exploit a weakness in someones technique like he did Deidara, crazy I know.

Hell the Uchiha's don't have to look anyone in the eye anymore it's escalated that much.

PK Gaming

Naruto

(sigh) let's get this over with. The chapter sucked, no way around that, but it wasn't you run of your mill bad chapter, ohohoho no. This was a bad chapter, after weeks of bad chapters which ultimately culminated into the grand zamboa of bad chapters. Oh my god, Kishi is chocking so hard during this war arc. This chapter was worse than Bleach even on its worst days. We have the players, (Itachi / Sasuke / Kabuto) we have the game (beat Kabuto) but the way it was presented was so fucking lame. Why spend more than 10 panels talking about things we already KNOW. WHY. There was no action, no plot progression other than the announcement of ANOTHER eye technique. Listen, guys you know me; I'm a Naruto fanboy at heart, and I rarely cry "Ass pull." IZANAMI IS A HUGE ASS PULL. Man, this is so fucked up.

This chapter may mean nothing to you guys, but to me its like a STAB in the back...I trusted Kishi. I trusted him to deliver his best damn arc yet in part II. I stuck by him when we went through that god awful fucking Sai / Sasuke arc. I stuck by him when he gave us the immortals arc (which was admittedly not bad for Team 10 fans, but it was a huge slap to the face for Naruto fans). I stuck by him when he butchered Nagato's character by giving him the 7 mystical dragon ball Z. But this... 5+ bad chapters since Naruto's fight with Tobi? Fuck. Fuck Sasuke. Fuck Itachi and Fuck Kabuto. I legitimately thought he'd give the Uchiha dicks a good fight, but its clear that Kishi plans on trashing him in the next chapter. What the fuck was even the point of introducing Sage mode then? If he doesn't have a trump card, then i'm DONE with his character for good. Only highlight of this chapter was Tobi and Sasuke hanging out in the Konoha bar and the fodder basically insulting Itachi. Fucking hilarious, there's no reason for Sasuke / Tobi to hang out in the Konoha bar, and I can't even fucking think of a time when they would even have the time to do so. (Sasuke fully joins Tobi when's blinded > gets Itachi's eyes during the war arc > eyes are completely normal during this flash back)

PS: Loved how fucking Sage mode Kabuto couldn't break Itachi's sword. So much for super strength -_- (yes I am considering the fact that Kabuto's sage mode = / = Naruto's... but its still stupid how he didn't crush his sword into pieces)

Looking at DTL's post right now, I now know without a doubt he's a grade A troll. Or stone cold fucking crazy, either way, his description for this chapter is repugnant.

This chapter may mean nothing to you guys, but to me its like a STAB in the back...I trusted Kishi.
lololololololol this is hilarious. C'mon.
PS: Loved how fucking Sage mode Kabuto couldn't break Itachi's sword. So much for super strength -_- (yes I am considering the fact that Kabuto's sage mode = / = Naruto's... but its still stupid how he didn't crush his sword into pieces)
well it's sasuke's sword an it's supposed to be made out of the strongest shit ever.

PK Gaming

lololololololol this is hilarious. C'mon.

well it's sasuke's sword an it's supposed to be made out of the strongest shit ever.

Hahaha you think? If it's coming from you then I definitely think I went overboard. It's actually NOT made of the same material of Oro's sword; they share the same name but Sasuke has a regular sword.

Bleach

Wow, fuck I didn't expect Bleach to be more interesting than Naruto. First time that's EVER happened in recent memory. The color pages were nice, and Urahara was surprisingly straightforward. The pacing of the chapter was quick... for the first half. Seriously, if the chapter was entirely about Ichigo and co sneaking into Hueco Mundo the chapter would have been amazing. Unfortunately, Kubo decided to waste time on the villain torturing Arrancars (which was pretty good) and Aizen's flunkies (awful)... and Harribel's flunkies (noooooooooo0

Hopefully sparks fly during the next chapter, and Ichigo and co do something.

One Piece

:(

No One Piece is like going to a fast food restaurant and only getting fries (Naruto) and a drink (Bleach) without the burger (One Piece).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
No One Piece is like going to a fast food restaurant and only getting fries (Naruto) and a drink (Bleach) without the burger (One Piece).
And I'm guessing those fries are complete shit. The drink is a small size, and diet to boot. And the burger has tons and tons of shit on it that I have to pick through and take off to get to what I want to actually fucking eat.

I like that.

Naruto
\ Only highlight of this chapter was Tobi and Sasuke hanging out in the Konoha bar and the fodder basically insulting Itachi. Fucking hilarious, there's no reason for Sasuke / Tobi to hang out in the Konoha bar, and I can't even fucking think of a time when they would even have the time to do so. (Sasuke fully joins Tobi when's blinded > gets Itachi's eyes during the war arc > eyes are completely normal during this flash back).
I don't necessarily think they were at a konoha bar, just that Konoha ninjas were present.
Prolly during the time after he told sasuke the partial truth and when he started heading out towards konoha.*shrug*

And how is his sword not the same even though they share the same material?

PK Gaming

Right

I'm like one guy in the world who actually liked those fries, but today they turned up burnt, and the store owner said that from now on said fries would remain that way until further notice.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wait a minute. I just realized...Sauce and Tobi were in konoha? WHAT? How does that make any sense? Were they just kind of strolling?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
There were Konoha ninjas present, doesn't mean they were in the village.
Oh. Okay. Well, I still don't see why they would just be in a bar in any village...but okay. Fine.

Like really, how out of place is that. Sasuke and Tobi in a goddamn bar? Where is the Sauce that basically destroyed Karin with no regard for anything?

Oh. Okay. Well, I still don't see why they would just be in a bar in any village...but okay. Fine.
on a mission? resting?

Like really, how out of place is that. Sasuke and Tobi in a goddamn bar? Where is the Sauce that basically destroyed Karin with no regard for anything?
[/QUOTE]
where else is he supposed to get his apple martinis?

gunbo13

Give me a break bro.
I'm out of breaks.

I'm teasing.
Dear smutgaf: I was reading Nana to Kaoru last night. Didn't think I'd be in to it as much as I was. Another case of the leads just not spitting out their feelings though. How many anime/manga romances would be over in a couple chapters if someone just manned up and said "I like/love you"?

All of them
Kaoru's "like/love" is a bit unique. And he would be so rejected in the first couple chapters leading to bad end. I actually like Kaoru's hesitation. It almost makes sense within the crazy context of the manga. As I said before though along with others, Arashi is the plague of the series. Fuck that shit.

PK Gaming

I don't know... there's some pretty damning evidence that states otherwise.

At last the traitor died.

-He is a traitor to leaf ninja, Cloud or Sand ninja's would not say this (they might, but it's not likely)

He's the most atrocious villain in the village's history.
-Ninja's from other countries would certainly not say "the village" if they were talking about konoha.

The country and the village (blah blah blah)
-Again, I don't think ninja's from another village would be "that vague."

Stop it... even if they blah blah blah the top brass of the village will just deny it. Not even the current hokage knows about it.

It had to be konoha. I think Kishi just fucked up.

Desmond

I don't know... there's some pretty damning evidence that states otherwise.

At last the traitor died.

-He is a traitor to leaf ninja, Cloud or Sand ninja's would not say this (they might, but it's not likely)

He's the most atrocious villain in the village's history.
-Ninja's from other countries would certainly not say "the village" if they were talking about konoha.

The country and the village (blah blah blah)
-Again, I don't think ninja's from another village would be "that vague."

Stop it... even if they blah blah blah the top brass of the village will just deny it. Not even the current hokage knows about it.

It had to be konoha. I think Kishi just fucked up.

They were Konoha ninja, but not in Konoha. How is that hard to grasp?

It's not like they go outside the country on missions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom