• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Bleach

Man, I hope to God Urahara's presence means we get to see him being awesome again. I won't lie, he's my favorite character in this series. Must be that and pimp ass cane sword. :lol

Motion seconded though on all of these fem arrancars surviving the shit that went down in HM. Seeing the Hallibel trio though just seems like too much of a stretch though. Yamamoto fucking vaporized them in every interpretation of their attempted attack on him and you're telling me they survived and got better? Wat?

Kusagari

Bleach

Man, I hope to God Urahara's presence means we get to see him being awesome again. I won't lie, he's my favorite character in this series. Must be that and pimp ass cane sword. :lol

Motion seconded though on all of these fem arrancars surviving the shit that went down in HM. Seeing the Hallibel trio though just seems like too much of a stretch though. Yamamoto fucking vaporized them in every interpretation of their attempted attack on him and you're telling me they survived and got better? Wat?

Yamamoto flat out said he spared them when he did his attack.

Didn't Kakashi say the Sharingan is believed to have come from the Byakugan? He was probably misinformed. Kakashi thought the Sage was a myth afterall

Yep something like that , it's been so long ago people really should not use what Kakashi said all those chapters ago since he was wrong when it comes to Sharingan stuff.

Bleach
Bleach
Wtf is going on?! They're hollows! Why are you saving them?! Who gives a shit?!
Well, Ichigo is an empathetic guy, and he got the report from soul society about what these guys are capable of doing. Ichigo noticed that they have quincy powers which destroys the soul entirely. That a huge crime since zampaktos cleans the hollows and send them to either soul society or hell. It depends if people were criminals or not criminals. Besides quincies destroying the hollows threaten the real world and every other world.
To be fair, arrancars are intelligent beings and no longer a threat + Ichigo is friends with a few of them, and you know he is when it comes to helping friends...

That´s wrong. Hollows have shown to be intelligent beings. We have seen how the Grand Fisher used a bait to lure shinigami and women. The one who killed Kaien by using his wife against him, etc.... Hollows are all intelligent except gillians because gillians are formed of many hollows and it loses its mind and identity, unless it gains the ability to maintain their minds and identities in that case they will devour other gillians and evolve into adjucas and then very few adjucas evolve into vasta lorde.

Mr. Fix

Just realised, if Amaterasu+Tsukyomi (however you spell it) = Susano'o

What does Izanagi+Izanami equal?

You don't need to say anything more...

Sasuke_cry_GIF_by_MiniFru.gif

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Holy shit, just reading up on Shinto mythology, really interesting.

We have the above three, but not this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto
Seriously, that's cool shit. The mythology is so much cooler without it being tainted with terribly written Uchiha bs. As I mentioned earlier, this would all be much more tolerable to us readers if Kishimoto had given us an explanation of just how deep the Sharingan goes early on...or at least some kind of hint. All we were lead to believe was that it was just another ocular jutsu.

It was farfetched when we first learned about the whole Mangekyou Sharingan thing.

Then we learned that switching out eyes result in an eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

Then, we find out about a technique that can alter one's own existence in relation to reality, not to mention the other big tech that comes with MS: Susano'o.

THEN, we find out that the Sharingan evolves into the rinnegan (this is such a retcon).

THEN, there is this other reality altering shit that can apparently alter the reality of others. Oh, and let me not forget Shisui's random ass hax eye jutsu that can put someone under total control and they won't even know it, yet it can only be used at 10 year intervals...

To think that it started off as being the ocular jutsu that prided itself on analyzing and copying techniques/jutsu's (Copy ninja Kakashi...was it? How is that "rampage" of yours going?) along with being able to accurately/precisely predict movements and see chakra flow. At that point, it was great. This shit? LOL.

Kusagari

The most surprising thing to me is that EMS seems like it really is nothing more than just an unlimited MS. Itachi can basically do everything with a regular MS.

It's funny because the Kishi is pretty consistent with the mythology despite his ass pulls. Amaterasu causes the user to bleed from their left eye.
I just wish the powers were cooler, amaterasu and Susanoo make uchiha fights boring. He should've designed the powers better.

Also, it would've been cool if Kishi just presented all these sharingan powers as a myth earlier in the series and have sasuke try to decipher them and attain the powers. I think it would've been cool and it wouldn't look like an ass pull or hax or whatever.

edit:ficking stat

The most surprising thing to me is that EMS seems like it really is nothing more than just an unlimited MS. Itachi can basically do everything with a regular MS.
don't worry, Sasuke has you covered. some shit will happen soon.

Big One

Banned
which problems exactly? the only problems involving villages in Naruto were:

-sand and sound attacking Konoha. The only reason why this even happened was because Orochimaru manipulated their lord and impersonated their Kazekage.Konoha and the sand are allies now.

-Most villages were threatened by AKatuki which lead to the Akatsuki meetup

-The only village that has been constantly assholes is the Raikage's village who tried to kidnap Hinata.When Hinata's dad killed the ninja, the village was threatening war against Konoha but gave them Neji's dad instead.(death=war)

No village would openly kill another village's ninja because they know what the repercussions would be.
The village isn't the problem, it's the country they're in. Naruto takes place in a setting where warlords rule each country and train a whole group of people from childhood into these powerful soldiers of war. When Naruto and crew were travelling the world looking for Sasuke, they disguised themselves until they went into the Lightning village cause they knew they would be (at least) safe there. Sending ninjas into a neighboring country is like sending a Russian spy to America, which sometimes even happens in the Naruto world in it's own terms to even more extremes. Naruto is a setting also controlled by businessman who hire ninja to kill anyone they want and do dirty work.

Ninja by design and concept are covert and secret. To sit on your lazy ass and talk openly about matters that say, "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M FROM KOHONA." in another country will just get you killed. If Sasuke could eavesdrop on them, anyone can.

I remember Itachi saying that after Madara got EMS he got a new jutsu with it. I am sure that there are things that EMS can normal MS can't.

Desmond

I just wish the powers were cooler, amaterasu and Susanoo make uchiha fights boring. He should've designed the powers better.

Also, it would've been cool if Kishi just presented all these sharingan powers as a myth earlier in the series and have sasuke try to decipher them and attain the powers. I think it would've been cool and it wouldn't look like an ass pull or hax or whatever.

He can just say they were written on that Uchiha tablet the whole time :/

The village isn't the problem, it's the country they're in. Naruto takes place in a setting where warlords rule each country and train a whole group of people from childhood into these powerful soldiers of war. When Naruto and crew were travelling the world looking for Sasuke, they disguised themselves until they went into the Lightning village cause they knew they would be (at least) safe there. Sending ninjas into a neighboring country is like sending a Russian spy to America, which sometimes even happens in the Naruto world in it's own terms to even more extremes. Naruto is a setting also controlled by businessman who hire ninja to kill anyone they want and do dirty work.

Ninja by design and concept are covert and secret. To sit on your lazy ass and talk openly about matters that say, "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M FROM KOHONA." in another country will just get you killed. If Sasuke could eavesdrop on them, anyone can.
I understand your point but I don't think we can assume much about the land surrounding the village as Kishi hasn't developed that area of the lore/story.

but it's the fact the the info the Konoha nin were talking about couldn't really benefit anyone. what is an enemy of konoha gonna do with info on a dead traitor from an organization(mostly comprised of dead people) who has no allies gonna do? chuckle in the dark?

He can just say they were written on that Uchiha tablet the whole time :/
i was thinking that but I hate plot devices like that.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Don't forget guys, Suigetsu and Juugo found a scroll for Sasuke that will "change the war"...I'm praying it's how to evolve the sharingan into a rinnegan. Ultimate Eye Hax.

Also, why couldn't Pain use Izanami/Izanagi? What are the requirements?

Don't forget guys, Suigetsu and Juugo found a scroll for Sasuke that will "change the war"...I'm praying it's how to evolve the sharingan into a rinnegan. Ultimate Eye Hax.

If sharingan evoles into rinnegan, why would pain devolve to using sharingan technique?

For some reason, Naruto won't load for me. I am sad. =(
Google bro

edit: speaking of the madara fight, im pretty sure that the kages are gonna be saved by sasuke/itachi ending the justsu. which might lead to them forgiving sasuke, which will happy when sasuke becomes a full blown good guy again.

Desmond

Google bro

edit: speaking of the madara fight, im pretty sure that the kages are gonna be saved by sasuke/itachi ending the justsu. which might lead to them forgiving sasuke, which will happy when sasuke becomes a full blown good guy again.

Nah, Yamato will beat Zombie Madara.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh yeah...Yamato. Wait, didn't he get yolked up by Kabuto? So where is he now?
If sharingan evoles into rinnegan, why would pain devolve to using sharingan technique?
Ask Madara why he's using Sharingan techniques. Also, because Izanami and Izanagi have to be the most powerful techniques in the entire NarutoVerse we've seen up until (except MAYBE the death god seal/contract).

Wait a minute, speaking of Pain, didn't he (Nagato) go straight from regular eyes to Rinnegan eyes in that Jiraiya flashback? Did he hop Sharingan?

Mr. Fix

Who knows. His Rinnegan was always on like Kakashi's Sharingan right? If it really isn't his eye I doubt he would know about it, or anyone outside the Uchiha's with Danzo and Izanagi being the exception.

Wait a minute, speaking of Pain, didn't he (Nagato) go straight from regular eyes to Rinnegan eyes in that Jiraiya flashback? Did he hop Sharingan?

On second thought, nvm. I don't know anymore. ._.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Bleach
Its so bizarre seeing Kubo go back to completely abandoned characters all at once one after the other. Its really jarring. Not entirely sure why he's stretching out the THEY'RE FUCKING QUINCYS reveal either. Can't wait for the Ishida shocked eyes panel. Hopefully someone disappears and reappears right behind him just to deliver it like a dick up his arse.

You know, this is the perfect troll setup.

Urahara: Time for bankai!
*sealed*
Kubo: See? I totally had Urahara do bankai.

Gazzawa

Naruto

Ok now I understand the eye hax. But i think it only adds to my overall theory that Sasuke will die before this manga finishes. The Uchiha are just too powerful and the way of the ninja has to come to an end for lasting peace.

Bleach
Didn't expect Aizens hos to be still alive I thought they were crushed by the 0 espada dude.I think we'll be getting some Grimmjoww soon. He's not gonna sit around when theres armies tearing up the place.

Can anyone explain to me why ishida didnt go? I didnt quite get that last chapter?

Desmond

Ask Madara why he's using Sharingan techniques. Also, because Izanami and Izanagi have to be the most powerful techniques in the entire NarutoVerse we've seen up until (except MAYBE the death god seal/contract).

Uzumaki dojutsu, the Sage of the Six Paths was an Uzumaki. Believe It!

Yamato's getting suped up by the First's cells

Kusagari

Who knows. Don't forget that it's been suggested by Tobi that ether he or actual Madara gave Nagato the eyes to begin with. There's got to be something more to how Nagato unlocked Rinnegan, which we'll probably see in another retcon flashback eventually.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Who knows. Don't forget that it's been suggested by Tobi that ether he or actual Madara gave Nagato the eyes to begin with. There's got to be something more to how Nagato unlocked Rinnegan, which we'll probably see in another retcon flashback eventually.
Oh yeah. That's right...

But man, the idea of that really seems so far off that I don't see how the motives of that could make any kind of sense in the context of the story.

Naruto

This is just ridiculously stupid. For all the while readers, especially myself, were led to believe that Rinnengan is the ultimate ocular power. Nope. It takes a damned backseat to the Sharingan. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised that as many gods that are in JP mythology, there will be a new Sharingan technique.

Bleach

I liked how this turned out. The reference to Aizen makes me think that there could be:

A:
Could be an alliance with the emperor and Aizen
B:
The emperor takes Aizen's powers

Also,
I hope to see adult Nel make an appearance

well he had it before he met Jiraiya because during nagato's talk with naruto, the flash back we saw had him killing some Konoha nin that just accidentally murdered his parents so I don't when tobi had the chance to give him the eyes but you can bet your ass that we'll get a fucking flash back about it.

aslo, during the jiraiya lfash back we never saw his eyes until the rinnegan reveal.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
well he had it before he met Jiraiya because during nagato's talk with naruto, the flash back we saw had him killing some Konoha nin that just accidentally murdered his parents so I don't when tobi had the chance to give him the eyes but you can bet your ass that we'll get a fucking flash back about it.

aslo, during the jiraiya lfash back we never saw his eyes until the rinnegan reveal.
Okay. Well this makes sense then... but I guess a lot of what we know (or think we know) is based on what may or may not be lies from fucking Tobi. That's wack.

Desmond

Oh yeah. That's right...

But man, the idea of that really seems so far off that I don't see how the motives of that could make any kind of sense in the context of the story.

• Madara was dying, needed someone who could use the Rinnegan to resurrect him, found an Uzumaki kid capable of using the eyes without drawbacks.
  • Creates Tobi as a Zetsu clone/tells Izuna to manipulate Nagato into forming Akatsuki etc.... eventually resurrecting Madara himself.

Kusagari

It all really does come down to what the hell Madara was doing. Once we find out his relation to Tobi and Nagato and what his revival plan was, everything should be explained.

Madara was dying, needed someone who could use the Rinnegan to resurrect him, found an Uzumaki kid capable of using the eyes without drawbacks. Creates Tobi as a Zetsu clone/tells Izuna to manipulate Nagato into forming Akatsuki etc.... eventually resurrecting Madara himself.
probably maybe

I still think that there's gonna be some connection with izuna. tobi, obito and kakashi. It's clear that tobi's body isn;t made out of flesh and half of Obito's body was crushed.

maybe izuna is using a combination of obito's leftovers plus zetsu clone.

-Obito's body because he doesn't want to be a = bitch like kakashi and tire too fast.

-Zetsu body matter because half of obito's body is missing.

• Madara was dying, needed someone who could use the Rinnegan to resurrect him, found an Uzumaki kid capable of using the eyes without drawbacks.
  • Creates Tobi as a Zetsu clone/tells Izuna to manipulate Nagato into forming Akatsuki etc.... eventually resurrecting Madara himself.

That seems the most questionable part of the theory, he seems pretty advanced, knowledgeable, and philosophical to be just a clone.

Solune

Actually long before I started the manga, I thought Amaterasu was incredibly cool and Tsukuyomi as well. It's hard to develop an extremely dangerous power without making it completely broken or all-encompassing and then having to create a work-around for the power you just created that is supposed to be unstoppable (in reference to Itachi vs Sasuke) and then having to balance it (Hey, Just like in a fighting game!).

Susanoo is where I draw the line, it was really an ass-pull, though still consistent with the mythology. I think Kishi could've went the path you suggested, but that would have required him to make Sasuke take a different path in the story or extend it further than what he had intended.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Naruto is horrible. It's like Kishi doesn't know what to do with the Sasuke storyline. Any direction he takes will suck.

upandaway

Magi

Oh man oh man, those 3 people look like trouble. I really, really loved how competition influenced the last dungeon capture, so I hope they'll go in too. Hell, I hope every dungeon will have competition. It's so good.

And about Ahbmad: CALLED IT. FUCKING CALLED IT. I'm so proud of myself.

Yup, you guys were on point. Naruto was pretty terrible. Doesn't help that the translation has been suffering for quite some time. Oh well...

Bleach on the other hand was actually good albeit short. Gimme some more Urahara and Pesche!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom