• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Punpun eventually discovers there's more to life than wallowing in his emoness.

No he doesn't.

upandaway

When the best thing they've done in the past 3 to 4 years is either Vampire Knight or Seitokai no Ichizon, you know you've got issues.
But still I would never say anything about a show before I watched it, no matter which big name is behind it, that's all I'm saying

The circumstances (if you know how silly Israel is right now) make it really awkward for me to get a good quiet couple hours and marathon something. I'd rather just wait it out.

Though I think I might be able to finish my March plans over this weekend

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The circumstances (if you know how silly Israel is right now) make it really awkward for me to get a good quiet couple hours and marathon something. I'd rather just wait it out.

Though I think I might be able to finish my March plans over this weekend
Ah okay.

Hope you find some time soon then :3

Averon

Air Gear is ending in five more chapters. I think there were a few people here still reading this, right?

Yeah, the manga is in the middle of the final showdown. I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. When Air Gear was focused on its comedic aspect, it was a pretty fun read, but far too often when it tried to advance the plot, it bogged down into an incomprehensible mess. Not as messy as Tenjou Tenge (really, that series was a goddamn train wreck). Really, Oh! Great could be a good author for a comedy if he keeps the plot simple and neat.

Reknoc

RLtYWl.jpg

:I

gunbo13

Now doing Tasogare, also pretty good.
Tasogare

If only it didn't play episodic and stop revisiting the main plot fresh. Tasogare is turning into a ton of one shots slammed together.
This went from mediocre to pretty damn exciting in these last few volumes.
Yep. I was really losing interest (motorcycle bullshit, etc...) until the battle royal was setup. Some of the stuff is ridiculous like the bouncy ball weapon (lol) but its just amp shit. Like you turn a corner and there is an assassin.
Oh congrats, it's still hard to keep track of who reads what.
That's Haly's fault. He should have been reading it already.

TWGOK

(Pre-Release Blather)

Was hoping that Wakaki would finish it off but I can see why he wants it to play out this way. More dramatic.
Haqua versus Lune let's go!

Cwarrior

Nisekoi

If there is a manga god, then glasses girl will somehow get into this harem and win.

why are people reading this?(it's so predictable and uninteresting) and why on earth do people make teams when it's clear, bland male lead gets with *gasp* the female lead(if you don't know who that is,it's the blonde tsundere).

Westlo

why are people reading this?(it's so predictable and uninteresting) and why on earth do people make teams when it's clear, bland male lead gets with *gasp* the female lead(if you don't know it's the blonde tsundere).

Ichigo 100% says hi. (lol @ the anime OP)

Never give up!!! (Except for 99% of the time :( )

survivor

Banned
why are people reading this?(it's so predictable and uninteresting) and why on earth do people make teams when it's clear, bland male lead gets with *gasp* the female lead(if you don't know it's the blonde tsundere).

I'm reading it for the plot. I'm very fascinated by the history and the mystery surrounding the key.

Soul Cartel 0-2
tumblr_m22f31u7Q31qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well the coloring and plot is nice as well as the character design for the spirits, the main character, mephistoles, and even nuna really. Hope it continues, almost wish it were an anime, and the battle effects, skills, and spells are cool. Nice find.

upandaway

TWGOK

Does he even know what they're talking about? If he could do it at the ocean he could have done it on the rooftop. I think he's pretty lost.

If Ayumi can really see through him no matter what then I dunno. He obviously doesn't love her (or any real girl yet).

Maybe he can just imagine he's saying it to Yokkyun or something.

Kusagari

Since Air Gear's ending...

What the hell happened with Obama?

I stopped reading it a while ago when he was still in the girls body.

Zekes!

TWGOK 184

dat Ayumi

I'm getting the vibe Keima will not quite conquer her but manage to unleash her goddess anyways

Hope I'm wrong!!!

TWGOK

Does he even know what they're talking about? If he could do it at the ocean he could have done it on the rooftop. I think he's pretty lost.

If Ayumi can really see through him no matter what then I dunno. He obviously doesn't love her (or any real girl yet).

Maybe he can just imagine he's saying it to Yokkyun or something.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that this will be a major turning point for Keima's character. Until now we've been given tons of hints that Keima really does care about his harem, he just hasn't had the time or the inclination to come to terms with those feelings. This situation seems calculated to force him outside of his comfort zone. He's going to have to dig deep and pull out some genuine emotion for once.

It also means that Ayumi is the best girl. Hoo rah.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding what Ayumi's problem is. I'm not entirely certain if she's just upset that he's not being sincere in some girl-way or whether it's just one of those things that doesn't translate; i.e. suki desu vs. aishiteru, aishiteru being a significantly more dramatic way of saying "I love you." (note I have almost no knowledge of Japanese language) But I really doubt that since Red Hawk wouldn't leave the confusion untranslated while translating everything else perfectly.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
TWGOK

I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding what Ayumi's problem is. I'm not entirely certain if she's just upset that he's not being sincere in some girl-way or whether it's just one of those things that doesn't translate; i.e. suki desu vs. aishiteru, aishiteru being a significantly more dramatic way of saying "I love you." (note I have almost no knowledge of Japanese language) But I really doubt that since Red Hawk wouldn't leave the confusion untranslated while translating everything else perfectly.

Ayumi is unhappy that he's not really being sincere. He still just views it as the choice he needs to click on to progress in the goddess capture.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ayumi is unhappy that he's not really being sincere. He still just views it as the choice he needs to click on to progress in the goddess capture.

So she needs him to derail his character? =/

TWGOK

I could give the long explanation but just trust me when I say it's not a translation issue. I don't see it as a derailment of his character but rather a natural progression that had to happen sooner or later, assuming it continues to play out this way.

Angry Grimace

She wants the person who claims to love her to be sincere; why is that a bad thing?

Because none of the other girls over the last 180 chapters have had a problem with the way he takes care of his business and if he actually means it, then his character is totally different than the way he's been presented since Ch. 1.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Because none of the other girls over the last 180 chapters have had a problem with the way he takes care of his business and if he actually means it, then his character is totally different than the way he's been presented since Ch. 1.

None of the other girls asked Keima to marry them, or knew that he views this all as a game. You can't apply the same reasoning here.

None of the other girls asked Keima to marry them, or knew that he views this all as a game. You can't apply the same reasoning here.

None of the girls are as awesome as Ayumi so there is also that.

Let's not forget that Ayumi was his first kiss (no, parents do not count) and according to all trope precedent, this gives her an advantage.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
None of the girls are as awesome as Ayumi so there is also that.

Let's not forget that Ayumi was his first kiss (no, parents do not count) and according to all trope precedent, this gives her an advantage.

Ayumi is the best character after Haqua
and Chihiro
, I'm ok with her winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom