• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even read Medaka Box and I could tell you this is probably true.

Medaka Box has this one guy that on one of the first chapters was painted as the worst psycho ever that ripped some girl's face. Dozens of chapters later and due of one of the protagonist motto's :"reforming bad guys" none of her enemies can be truly evil, so the guy isn't really a psycho and he neither really killed that girl, he was just sealing her powers, you see.

So you choose one of the worst mangas to do such a statement, since Medaka Box, dosn't make sense and isn't cohesive at all. And sure as hell that whatever it does is not foreshadowing is just trolling.

Wiseblade

Medaka Box has this one guy that on one of the first chapters was painted as the worst psycho ever that ripped some girl's face. Dozens of chapters later and due of one of the protagonist motto's :"reforming bad guys" none of her enemies can be truly evil, so the guy isn't really a psycho and he neither really killed that girl, he was just sealing her powers, you see.

So you choose one of the worst mangas to do such a statement, since Medaka Box, dosn't make sense and isn't cohesive at all. And sure as hell that whatever it does is not foreshadowing is just trolling.

Yes, Medaka box is dumb. But taking Stat's cheap potshots seriously is dumber.

Big One

Banned
Toriko D

These training arcs are wearing on me. Getting tired of seeing Toriko and Komatsu doing nothing.

Beelzebub B

Oh lawd a love triangle between Beel and the two loli girls. Toujo is so goddamn manly. Good things are to come.

gunbo13

Bleach (ch486-487)

-Such a beautiful funeral...for a man no one gave to two shits about.

UOQoN.jpg

So I apparently read 3 pages last week, forgot, and then tried to read 487. I was like Urahara is the best in Bleach and it's great to see him...yet then I figured out the error of my ways. So the first chapter was like the funeral and then friends meeting up. Chad all of a sudden won't shut the fuck up now all the way into 487. Urahara, who is definitely a voyeur of some sort, decides to truck them over. A bunch of genocide BS and then the setup of the most uninteresting fight in Bleach I could think of. Stupid ass quincy militant vs. forgotten scrub level arrancar. Joy.

upandaway

Ippo

Yeah Miyata and Itagaki definitely look like they'll fight.

Can't believe Itagaki really beat Ippo's time. Ippo's fight wasn't the most ideal thing ever, but still. And an OPBF rank, whoa.

Nise
key

GASP!!

GASP!!!!

I repeat!! GASP!!!!!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nisekoi
Switching back to Ruri.

DAT CENTRIFUGAL FORCE.

What if... THERE WAS ANOTHER GUY???

gunbo13

Nisekoi (ch21)

-Frankly, I'm shocked.

Anybody else notice that Chitoge just started narrating out loud for no explicit reason?

mxbr5.png

Ugh

Kusagari

That was too serious of a post for Medaka Box.

Kreed

Hajime No Ippo 972:

Miyata vs Itagaki? Finally, a super long boxing match I'll actually want to see/read. These two already pull out crazy beyond human moves in all their boxing matches. I can only imagine the kind of super human samurai powers that will happen when they fight against each other.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

If there is a manga god, then glasses girl will somehow get into this harem and win.

scy

Nisekoi 21 - I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS IS DEVELOPING SOMEWHERE.

I can't believe I'm responding to this but ... not one of the first chapters.

Alright, that's all I wanted to say.

I don't even read Medaka Box and I could tell you this is probably true.

jTNJA.png

I just saw the latest One Piece episode, and I realized that Luffy is eventually going to return to Fishman Island. Then he'll destroy it so the Ryuuga Kingdom is forced to relocate to land using Noah. I'm just wondering when we'll he have the time to return to FI and for what reason. Mariejois?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Miyata vs Itagaki? Sounds like it could be a fun fight.

Better yet, it'd totally troll Ippo. Perhaps that'd get him fired up to go for the higher ranks.

Or Itagaki could get to Roberto and get demolished making Ippo feel compelled to step up. Something... ANYTHING to get Ippo to move forward.

I just saw the latest One Piece episode, and I realized that Luffy is eventually going to return to Fishman Island. Then he'll destroy it so the Ryuuga Kingdom is forced to relocate to land using Noah. I'm just wondering when we'll he have the time to return to FI and for what reason. Mariejois?
He'll probably end up with an airship and fire the laser for fun one day.

He won't even know he vaporized the island.

neoanarch

Zen can do paperwork for the rest of the manga for all I care, after this Medaka arc we better get some more Kumagawa.

Next arc will definitely be a time skip. Post high school and about the seven suitors and the Kurokami group. Kumagawa might get his Vegeta cameo. But I doubt it.

Femme Fatale 6

I'm reading this really slow because its a wrecking ball to my emotions. I still can't shake the Genshiken vibe from it though.

gunbo13

Nisekoi should just destroy typical romcom and just have Onodera seduce Raku. Like no joke, do the real deal. Then he sticks with her cause she puts out unlike the other eyesores who just super blush. I would be so proud.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What?! There's no new chapter!

By the way uh the anime adaption is really good. Why did everyone freak out at the studio, it was fine.
No I started it last night and I caught up.

Now doing Tasogare, also pretty good.

Trashy smut manga with a little bit of drama and romance are the best.

Caught up with Until Death Do Us Part

This went from mediocre to pretty damn exciting in these last few volumes.

Don't be mistaken, it's not a god-tier manga by all means. The art is rather boring at times albeit technically proficient and the minor human drama stuff is pretty unappealing. I'm not a fan of the conspiracy stuff either. Not even sure what happened to the clones.
Luckily it doesn't get in the way of the most important part of this manga...

The fights. The mangaka really knows how to make some great and well-paced fights. Everything from the strategies, techniques, fighting choreography is top-notch. This is where the manga shines and the author seems to have realized it since he put like 100 new characters with some ridiculous skill and their various personalities in it. Gunbo wasn't kidding when he said it has amazing fights in it.

Also black muscles.

All things considered it's been a fun ride until now and even though it lacks that certain "something" I'm gonna definitely follow this further. Thanks, gunbo, now onto Mushishi.

Westlo

What?! There's no new chapter!

By the way uh the anime adaption is really good. Why did everyone freak out at the studio, it was fine.

Because DEEN have sucked hardcore for the last couple of years and in addition to cheap and average animation, they tend to do terrible jobs @ adaptions. So you can see how Sankarea was quite the surprise...

upandaway

Dunno West-man I still don't really get the whole studio thing. There are so many people involved in anime to not judge case by case. To me this is sort of... natural behavior.

No I started it last night and I caught up.
Oh congrats, it's still hard to keep track of who reads what.

Sucks that I can't get to Tasogare before the anime (or before anything ever this year) but eh.

Steroyd

Dunno West-man I still don't really get the whole studio thing. There are so many people involved in anime to not judge case by case. To me this is sort of... natural behavior.

When the best thing they've done in the past 3 to 4 years is either Vampire Knight or Seitokai no Ichizon, you know you've got issues.

Yes, Medaka box is dumb. But taking Stat's cheap potshots seriously is dumber.

lol you just took Stat bait.

Oh, I see.

*Writes note for next time*

Nisekoi 21 - I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS IS DEVELOPING SOMEWHERE.

I can't believe I'm responding to this but ... not one of the first chapters.

Alright, that's all I wanted to say.

Chapter 20.

Not really one of the first, but it was pretty early in the manga.

Claymore

Well, finally the stupid fight it's over, maybe we can get back to Clare (Thanks that her name was on the chapter, I didn't remember it anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom