• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

usually tumblr if I dont feel like making them or someone did make a scene I wanted
jcKKv.gif

Thanks

Solune

I read one of Nisio light novels, Kizumonogatari, I think

And like the first chapter was about a guy obsessing about seeing a girl's panties

So yeah... he is better than the shounen shit authors

That's the prequel novel with GROWN HOTASS Shinobu. Can't wait till it's animated.

survivor

Banned
That's the prequel novel with GROWN HOTASS Shinobu. Can't wait till it's animated.

Reading the LN just made me lower my expectations for Bake/Nise from a show with great writing/cute girls to just an animu with cute girls. Oh and I guess I can always look forward to Hanazawa

Articalys

I read one of Nisio light novels, Kizumonogatari, I think

And like the first chapter was about a guy obsessing about seeing a girl's panties

So yeah... he is better than the shounen shit authors
It's not really the entire chapter, but here's a translated except from what survivor is talking about.
That was the situation when her skirt was flipped up.
Everything under it became completely visible.
It was by no means something flashy -- however it was such elegant underwear that it was as if you couldn't turn your attention away from its charm.
It was a clean pure white.
It wasn't suggestive at all, the coverage area was actually quite large. It was the full coverage kind with thick fabric -- absolutely nothing lascivious, and in that regard one could say it lacked sexiness.
However, I could feel the dazzling radiance of that extreme whiteness.
And it was not plain at all.
A complex design made with white thread over a white background was embroidered in the center part of it -- for all I know there were flowers on it. That pattern, symmetric on the left and right sides, exquisitely made up the balance of the whole underwear. And the central top part of the embroidery was decorated with a small ribbon.
That ribbon further intensifies the impression of it all.
Furthermore, right above that small ribbon, her abdomen and quite a lovely belly button was visible. The skirt was so boldly flipped up that even such parts became unbecomingly exposed. You could even see the blouse's hem clearly showing tucked inside the skirt. I never thought the hem of a blouse could be so seductive until now.
Well, the skirt's lining for me was a new thing. Despite me happening to see them, often, they were an inviolable unknown entity. For the first time I think I've understood the structure of the clothing you call a skirt.
And best of all, it was just beautiful that only the front part of a skirt was flipped up.
The pure white of the underwear, and, as if boasting a competition with that whiteness, her plump thighs, were emphasized by the contrast with the deep blue of the skirt in the background, and stood out. The skirt, quite long compared to that of an ordinary girl’s, in this situation was like a curtain that highlighted an elegant work of art. The pleats in the pleated skirt also seemed as if they were velvet.
That's about it for the description, then there's another page or so of his reaction ending with the somewhat self-aware line "How long will I go on describing an honors student's underwear?" before they start talking.

Dresden

Not as bad as Franzen going on for a full page about a random cum stain on a character's chair.

You have to appreciate nisio's work for what they are--funny meta bullshit--which is of course why he also gets hated so much.

Dresden

Also, guys, plz get your gifs from some place other than tumblr, those horribly stuttery low-frame gifs are hurting my eyes.

scy

oh god the gifs

It's not really the entire chapter, but here's a translated except from what survivor is talking about.

That's about it for the description, then there's another page or so of his reaction ending with the somewhat self-aware line "How long will I go on describing an honors student's underwear?" before they start talking.

I can't help but read those as if they're flashing by in fraction of second intervals.

Reknoc

Blood-C Vol. 1

Not very good. The art has its moments of being cute, but the story is way to rushed and the dialogue seems weird and unnecessary at times. The twins are even more moe though.

Blood-C Vol. 1

Not very good. The art has its moments of being cute, but the story is way to rushed and the dialogue seems weird and unnecessary at times. The twins are even more moe though.

Wow I didnt even know they made a manga for it, maybe I will check it out since I couldnt even make it to ep 2, pretty uninteresting main in the anime so maybe the brisker pace of the manga will be better to my liking .

upandaway

Toriko

It's so weird having a big arc where every the progression/challenge is entirely man made. All other big ingredients were natural in natural (or artificially natural) environments.

Beelzebub

Really dunno where this will go, but if they do fight, Toujou should be enough to pull out a secret or two from him regarding the demon business

upandaway

Yotsuba&

Yotsuba's humming never fails to fill me with strawberries. It's so good.

The ocean is blue and~
Hmm-hmm-hmm hmmm free~
Ships sink on it~
And the sun hmm-hmm~

I need to prepare myself before reading Yotsuba because at the end my cheeks always really really hurt.

upandaway

So how far ahead is the japanese publication of Magi? I want to know when I'll have to wait a week between releases..
At this pace, we'll catch up when Magi will be somewhere close to chapter 130 (*I think)

EDIT: vvv I thought it was 120 but if you say so I'll count on it

Reborn

When the hell is the writer going to tell us what the Vindici are?

Toriko

Toriko will be training and acquiring spoon technique. It should be interesting.

Beelzebub

Great love triangle and Oda does not have a clue haha. Mother fucking Tojooooooooooo. Yeah.

D Gray-Man

A transitional chapter. Nice but slow development.

Zekes!

Yeah...I wanna read this now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom