• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
FZNTY.jpg

Animu better not look like this.

Edit: Mango art for comparison:

PJwUn.jpg

The hybrid chick has standard anime heroine eyes...that doesn't bode well.

Saki 95

Gah... 16 pages. And six of those are two-page spreads, two of those of a single image blown up huge. So, so short... almost nothing happens, AGAIN. The game literally moves forward one move. Come back next time to see the next move, I guess. This chapter is about the (somewhat excessively, as the three two-page spreads of her in this chapter show) large-breasted girl from the miko team unveil her special power, which seems to be some other personality sealed inside her who maybe is even better at mahjong. Then she wins a hand, and then the chapter ends. I know that this match is important, it's just frustrating when the chapters are so short and often delayed too!

Fujimura-kun Mates

Very short chapter (~8 pgs.), but hilarious. :lol

Megalomania 1-6 (all so far)

The story is often depressing, and the art is somewhat odd, but I like this... the characters are good and the plot is interesting and somewhat different. It's about a future world with artificially created lifeforms which are persecuted by normal humans called Ajin. The main character, a girl called Canon, is a half-ajin police officer who investigates crimes often involving either Ajin or anti-Ajin events; it's a realistic series, so just because they're persecuted doesn't mean all the Ajin are good people, by a long shot. And despite being persecuted herself for being half-Ajin, Canon doesn't hate humans... just like how the humans in her precinct don't hate Ajin, unlike most other humans. They're few against many, though.

Naruto 577-581

Oh wow, this is really fun and exciting to read. I always wanted to know Kabuto's story and see the real last ultimate eye jutsu.

upandaway

Nononono

Okay wait a second let me do a reality check on myself. Guys be honest with me.

I know I'm colorblind, so I want to make sure. Air is normally supposed to be invisible, right? Normally. Therefore, you shouldn't be able to see wind, right?

Unless I'm missing something here.

Westlo

Is Code Breaker even any good? I think I read the first 4 or so chapters a long time ago and didn't think much of it.. but shounen stuff usually picks up after the start...

Scum

It seems you are enjoying this.

Can you tell? :lol
It's just that I stopped following the anime for such a long, long, long time that I decided to pick up where I left off a few days ago and it's actually been really good fun. Merciless IchiHollow was awesome, though. Battle's great animated as well.

Should have tossed Ulq chopped off arm to Ishida. :p

It's just that I stopped following the anime for such a long, long, long time that I decided to pick up where I left off a few days ago and it's actually been really good fun. Merciless IchiHollow was awesome, though. Battle's great animated as well.

I really like the current arc. It's impressive how much Kubo has improved. It got everything right, imo. King, Nel and boobs. Can't go wrong with that.

How did you feel about Ichigo reviving?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

The anime made this fight even more epic. What was even better was how he fucked up Ishida with no regards either. lol
I really like the current arc. It's impressive how much Kubo has improved. It got everything right, imo. King, Nel and boobs. Can't go wrong with that.
The turnaround from him stumbling and fumbling his way around that shitty ass fullbring arc (he couldn't even give us a conclusion to the shit?) to what he's doing now is pretty awesome. He must have smoked some good shit during that 3 week break because more has happened in the 7 or so chapters of this arc than the entire Fullbring arc.

Given your last post, I'm not sure if THIS is serious or not either. But it's at least believable.

Scum

How did you feel about Ichigo reviving?

It was pretty absurd and somewhat silly really. I'm sure Angry & TvTropes will have something to say about that. But then again, I'm sure I'm not the only one who knew what was coming when we all read the chapter right after Ulq had blasted a whole through Ichigo chest.
"Hmmm...a hole right there?! Now where have I seen that from..?" :lol

It was pretty absurd and somewhat silly really. I'm sure Angry & TvTropes will have something to say about that. But then again, I'm sure I'm not the only one who knew what was coming when we all read the chapter right after Ulq had blasted a whole through Ichigo chest.

Yeah, hole in the chest = unlocking the hollow power. Silly.

Drifters 28

With guns and black powder Nobunaga will make a bloody party.

survivor

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Female Knight has no shame

Is this old dude being part of the Hero party a new thing? I don't remember it being mentioned before

I will wait for the HQ releases of Magi, fuck this crap.

Cage of Eden 150

WTF, two faces I dont see for a while wonder how they did get there. Also its explained how the girl wasnt eaten

The masked dude and Akira friend who had mental problems now have superpowers. It also means Haji could be alive, no body no death.

Ambitious

After getting them recommended here, I read Pluto and Übel Blatt a few weeks ago.

Pluto: Sorry, did not like it, although I liked 20 Century Boys and Monster. I've got no specific problem with it, I just found everything - story, setting, characters - unexciting.

Übel Blatt: Not bad, but far away from being totally awesome. Looking forward to new chapters though.

Up next: Blade of the Immortal.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It is fortunate that nobody else (Other than Ichigo that one time and that weapons master guy) gets their soul reaper powers damaged by having their chest obliterated.

Seemed to me that Ishida and Byakuya both were targeting within that area.

MCD

Is Code Breaker even any good? I think I read the first 4 or so chapters a long time ago and didn't think much of it.. but shounen stuff usually picks up after the start...

It was good for a time. Now it's power ups after power ups after powers ups and a new character in every chapter.

I am still reading it because the troll characters amuse me plus, I must finish what I started. And not like I have anything better to do anyway.

Solune

Why would there be any censoring?

Because they can either go all out, especially when he "burns them to ashes" and they can be awesomely gruesome, or halfassed fluttery flower bullshit. But based on the designs/art style of the anime it seems it will be the latter.

survivor

Banned
Trinity Seven

I will never understand the magic system of this manga and it's not even worth wasting my time to get it. The entire point is abut that awesome harem

upandaway

Trinity Seven

It's time they told us what exactly are the qualifications to be a candidate. Seems a bit asspully right now.

But yeah those are nice legs.

Cage of Eden

His limiter is off, huh? That sure gets thrown around a lot these days. That monster's tackle has to be worth a ton or two.

Dunno, guess I'm just not really into this fight. Oh well.

Wiseblade

A Town Where You Rage A Little

"It would reflect poorly on you if one of your students stopped showing up, right?"

Not as poorly as if she was caught pimping out her "boyfriend" to her students...

That's said it's nice to finally see a chapter that bore me to sleep.

EDIT: And then he TAKES HER HOME?!

i4vUtOgA1DXC6.gif

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
A Town Where You Rage A Little

"It would reflect poorly on you if one of your students stopped showing up, right?"

Not as poorly as if she was caught pimping out her "boyfriend" to yher students...

That's said it's nice to finally see a chapter that bore me to sleep.

The best part was where he decided to skip out on his job for her.

Trinity 7
I have no idea what's going on, and several fundamental problems have yet to be adressed, at least the girls are still cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom