• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

can somebody recommend me a finished manga similar to kimi ni todoke? is bokura ga ita done yet?

Yes, but it only finished in February.

You might like Sunadokei (Sand Chronicles in the VIZ release I think). Or KareKano, which has been finished for years.

upandaway

Medaka Box (speaking as an adult)

So I guess there will be a Kurokami family arc and then a Shiranui family arc and then done, unless there's still something to go into with a Kumagawa vs Anshin'in flashback. But as it is Shiranui seems like they can supply an arc.

The way Medaka talked about arranged marriage could mean that she changed her mind and now wants to marry Zenkichi. That will also keep him relevant in this arc.

There's something really awkward about Medaka Box being so... formulaic. Something will definitely screw with this setup. Aside from Anshin'in, Tsurubame also talked pretty meta. Plus, he was on the Zenkichi/Anshin'in side.

Right now, there's also ZERO threat in this arc because it's already established that Medaka can win this. The only one who can win against her is Zenkichi.

Yeah, so I was reading Freezing and the way they handled and wrapped up Satella's brother Louis was the first time I've ever felt insulted by something

I don't want to get too personal, but the way they resolved it was fucking retarded

It was the only time i ever punched my screen. What a shitty way to resolve that shit.

Lain

Yes, but it only finished in February.

You might like Sunadokei (Sand Chronicles in the VIZ release I think). Or KareKano, which has been finished for years.

Nice to see someone suggesting Sand Chronicles, which I support 100%, since it's quite good.

Air Gear 1-5
tumblr_m2439l1yOP1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Well Ikki is really cool and Ku (hope the birds stay around). Started out pretty shocking when he was defeated and had a firecracker or two stuck in him, but amazing recovery and pretty hilarious. Fanservicy at times was really odd, I mean shower scene and then pulling down the skirt. I like the Air Gear stuff and Sleeping Forest.

survivor

Banned
Bakuman

Guys, is this it? I'm scared, I don't want to have false hopes of the mange being over.

Also I laughed when they mentioned PCP. I totally forgot about the manga existing.

Tobe

dammit i was looking for this thread in the OT, didnt noticed it got moved to community.

qq: is baby steps on break this week?

Kokou no Hito is the first manga I've liked in a long time. You guys should read it. The structure is really simple in the beginning, but then starts to get serious a few dozen chapters in.

Scum

A bit OT but I'm now enjoying Kenpachi's epic trolling. Two hands? Sure, why not. :lol

To Love Darkness
Dat Mayo. :3

PK Gaming

Fairy Tail

I'm a little late to the party, but I actually enjoyed this chapter. Color pages are always nice, but I like the opening to much. Elfman's skirmish vs that dude was pretty neat. Cliched as hell, but I've gotta admit, Elfman has some cool powers.
Also loved the rampant boob shots ♪
Dat Erza

Also, laptops broken so my activity is basically dead until further notice. See ya around bros.

Kokou No Hito 19
Art reminds of Wolf Guy(not a good thing) but it;s interesting so far. The main character's loneliness gets a bit annoying at times as well as his friend's aggressive behavior. I'll stop right here for now because I have a feeling that I won't like this reporter/newspaper subplot. I might pick it back up next week or something.

No. 6 chp 15
tumblr_m24cn5biZU1rnipnbo1_500.png

Shion is the better negotiator confirmed, Nezumi got no info. I forgot how mysterious they made all the stuff surrounding the correctional facility as well as the actually parasitic bees, etc. Compelling ending moment, dont remember it in the anime like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I promised myself I'd never click on your links to TvTropes and still did! Now I've only just got back from there! Damn you, Angry! >:-(

I think I'm selling Tite Kubo's dedication to I Am Not Left Handed short, too. Every single character in the entire series does it to the point that the loser of any given fight is the person who releases his "true power" first.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Whoa, a new chapter of Vagabond came out recently. Just found out by mistake.

survivor

Banned
Yen Press are fucking heroes

The North American manga publisher Yen Press announced at its Sakura-Con panel on Saturday that it has licensed the following manga titles: Thermae Romae, Anything and Something, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Blood Lad, Triage X, The Misfortune of Kyon & Koizumi, and Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit. Yen Press will also release Cassandra Jean's graphic novel Beautiful Creatures inspired by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's original novel.

Scum

I think I'm selling Tite Kubo's dedication to I Am Not Left Handed short, too. Every single character in the entire series does it to the point that the loser of any given fight is the person who releases his "true power" first.

You're making this battle between Starrk and Shunsui difficult to watch. :lol

iavi

The Breaker: New Waves

That fight panel. That's exactly why I read this manwha; to see dude getting his Billie Jean on, while on a dude's face, in mid-air. Other than that, lots of exposition, leading up to fights, definitely, but still.

Nozoki Ana

Just break up with Ma--whatever her name is, do the horizontal hoolah, and end this manga already. How many times have these two basically spilled their hearts to each other? There is no life left in this. I shouldn't still be reading, but I feel so close to the end, I want to see how it closes.

Kokou no Hito is the first manga I've liked in a long time. You guys should read it. The structure is really simple in the beginning, but then starts to get serious a few dozen chapters in.

I've actually come across the mangaupdates page for this manga a few times. And every time I see the tag "Deliberate Loner Guilt," I turn away.

Zekes!

Nozoki Ana

Just break up with Ma--whatever her name is, do the horizontal hoolah, and end this manga already. How many times have these two basically spilled their hearts to each other? There is no life left in this. I shouldn't still be reading, but I feel so close to the end, I want to see how it closes.

Yeah it's dumb as fuck

MCD

Eh, just look ar Sakurakouji's face. She is supposed to look all bitchy and annoying.

She looks deprived of any personality in the animu picture.

Solune

Eh, just look ar Sakurakouji's face. She is supposed to look all bitchy and annoying.

She looks deprived of any personality in the animu picture.

I actually wouldn't mind that since I hate the characters. Only thing I'm worried about is if and how much censorship there is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom