• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirlond

RnX2L.jpg

Man this manga.

Zekes!

Pluto: Sorry, did not like it, although I liked 20 Century Boys and Monster. I've got no specific problem with it, I just found everything - story, setting, characters - unexciting.

If you have a love of Astro Boy and are familiar with the "Strongest Robot in the World" arc, Pluto is awesome, even if you know what's going to happen

Kamitoki no Resist 2
tumblr_m26fbxgwMw1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Jin finally using some sort of powers was cool. Hopefully he can become more adept at them, though then he wont need to rely on Hayato, which led to many funny scenes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A Town Where You Rage A Little

"It would reflect poorly on you if one of your students stopped showing up, right?"

Not as poorly as if she was caught pimping out her "boyfriend" to her students...

That's said it's nice to finally see a chapter that bore me to sleep.

EDIT: And then he TAKES HER HOME?!

There's nothing to even rage about anymore other than the insanely unrealistic portrayal of their sex life.

Air Gear 6 - 11
tumblr_m26itfXCTd1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Wow that was actually a pretty stunning arc of sorts, especially with the page spreads for action and intensity. Loved the wing road. Inuyama and the dogs with the Jacob's Ladder on the train followed by the electricity to power up to speed to the bird was mindblowing. Team pride is serious, leading to teams breaking up.

But the real reward... :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
have they even kissed? By this point I'm sure they're both asexual and afraid of being alone.

I figured they do, I don't even recall, I've skipped a lot of this series for rage avoidance purposes. I'm just saying, men of Haruto's age are generally interested in sex enough to make some kind of move.

(Yes, I'm aware of that hilarious study where Japanese males claimed to be uninterested in sex. That's about as likely as Japanese males claiming to be uninterested in food.)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I figured they do, I don't even recall, I've skipped a lot of this series for rage avoidance purposes. I'm just saying, men of Haruto's age are generally interested in sex enough to make some kind of move.

(Yes, I'm aware of that hilarious study where Japanese males claimed to be uninterested in sex. That's about as likely as Japanese males claiming to be uninterested in food.)

They kissed right before Eba zipped off to Tokyo to NTR him.

Wiseblade

Magi

iwKQkRRaXmf4G.gif

So. Much. ADVENTURE!!

I realise now that I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to manga. All you have to do is present a door and say "What's behind it? Nobody knows!" and I'll be giddy.

gunbo13

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Female Knight has no shame

Is this old dude being part of the Hero party a new thing? I don't remember it being mentioned before
It was mentioned a few times. He was part of the old hero team. And female knight certainly has no chest. One of the boys so I guess that makes it semi-OK.
Fuck the manga bet, I have to get up early in the morning and still have 30 Chapters to go...
That's the spirit. I don't even remember what series I'm supposed to be reading.

Lain

Maken-ki 1-5

Well, this is better than the anime adaption, no censored fanservice and the flow of events/pacing makes for a more interesting experience, though I have to facepalm here and there when I see shit like this:

Angry Grimace

I'm confused why Reversi ended but Bakuman didn't.

Cage of Eden

Whoa! Double whammy of plot development. Hades shows up for the first time in like 120 chapters and Kouhei returns. Hope this means Saji is alive as well.

Kettch

Cage of Eden

Whoa! Double whammy of plot development. Hades shows up for the first time in like 120 chapters and Kouhei returns. Hope this means Saji is alive as well.

I don't think so. Kouhei had a pretty clear setup to return when we last saw him, while Zaji had a pretty clear death scene. He's gone.

Stage On

Aren't they just tying up the last few loses ends. I mean they still need to have the actual wedding first before it can end.

Heck they could even drag things out by showing how they ajust to a post wedding life and try to live up to and surpass Reversi with a new manga or something.

survivor

Banned
Aren't they just tying up the last few loses ends. I mean they still need to have the actual wedding first before it can end.

Heck they could even drag things out by showing how they ajust to a post wedding life and try to live up to and surpass Reversi with a new manga or something.

Noooo, don't give them ideas

Angry Grimace

Well, I mean why do they need to show that? That's just a totally unnecessary detail. The only logical answer is that they're still planning to do another arc, which is probably also unnecessary.

Even dumber than that is the fact they literally have nothing to do right now since PCP is monthly, so they're probably just sitting around doing nothing of relevance.

Zekes!

Good Ending

decent chapter. Def looks like Oonuma is going to get resolved, though the way the chapter ended it feels like it might switch back to Utsumi. We'll see I suppose.

A Town Where You Rage A Little

i4vUtOgA1DXC6.gif

Still using those terrible fake anime gifs, huh?

The anime made this fight even more epic. What was even better was how he fucked up Ishida with no regards either. lol

The turnaround from him stumbling and fumbling his way around that shitty ass fullbring arc (he couldn't even give us a conclusion to the shit?) to what he's doing now is pretty awesome. He must have smoked some good shit during that 3 week break because more has happened in the 7 or so chapters of this arc than the entire Fullbring arc.

Given your last post, I'm not sure if THIS is serious or not either. But it's at least believable.

I'm not even sure if I was serious or not. :lol I really liked the beginning of the fullbring arc. It seemed refreshing and kinda different. I was a bit bummed when I found out that the current arc is just more SS BS no one ever asked for. The king is probably not even the real king and the only positive thing about the return of the Arrancar is the obvious Ichigo x Grimmjow team-up. Other than that it's just more Bankai, boobs and ... I don't even know if there's more to Bleach than that.

GE 122

Very sad chapter, what we learn about Yuki's older cousin... :(

Majikoi 15-16 - "Can I Get 100 Friends?" parts 1 and 2

This story focuses on Mayu, and her usually unsuccessful efforts to make friends. I know it's hard, when you're shy and weird (in her case, with her comically failed attempts at smiles and of course with her ventriloquism), but she doesn't give up, and by the end of thie story, she has one more friend! So yeah, it's quite successful. Good story, this is good Majikoi stuff (quite unlike, most notably, the last third of the anime, which wasn't very good at all). Mayu's probably the best character, but also the manga has been all good so far, more consistently good than the anime overall even if it hasn't had a moment quite as crazy-good as anime ep. 6. (And yes, it continues to be entirely different stories from those in the anime.)

Fairy Tail

Elfman actually won? Impressive! But now Lucy is in trouble... and the others in Fairy Tail know it, but not the actual victims. Well, we'll see what happens next. Decently good chapter.

Trinity Seven 13-13.5

I do like this series for its genre (harem action), but it is frustrating when it ends just before the action, and then you have to wait quite a while to see what happens... I'm sure the good guys will win, but how? The MC's out, for the moment, and the others are outmatched compared to villain girl's powers... how do you beat someone with the powers of at least 3-4 people, including multiple levels of magic king powers? Tune in next time to see! (Ninja girl did a good job in taking so little damage from that attack, though... she took the least damage of any of them, I think. Best character indeed!)

As for 13.5, it mostly exists for bath-scene fanservice, but it has a decent point too, about the tragedy of all the magic-school students lost in, or killed because of, breakdown phenomenons. The series hasn't dwelled on it too much, apart from here, but it's clearly something they're all having to deal with.

I wish there was a harem where every girl was a tsundere
Infinite Stratos arguably is this, depending on how you classify France.

Ooops.

Fairy Tail

Winning with a good strategy in Fairy Tail? I am shocked.
I guess it has to happen one time in a million...

Woah, Thermae Romae? Pretty cool!

Helmet is the best
Yeah, the two friends, helmet and blonde girl, are awesome and probably the best characters in the series. :)

Trinity Seven

It's time they told us what exactly are the qualifications to be a candidate. Seems a bit asspully right now.

But yeah those are nice legs.
Yeah, there definitely are things that the series isn't telling us. As far as I can tell, normally people have to work hard to get that kind of power, except for the MC, who has MC powers of ridiculous power just naturally within him. It's kind of stupid, and these action-harem MCs usually have something like it and it's usually dumb, but that's how it is, here and in most other cases.

Beyond that though, yes, descriptions of how you get the qualifications are certainly lacking.

upandaway

Minamoto

So now finally the two big problems with the setup will come up. He should really get it with her before going there though

At first glance it's a bit crazy that she did this (considering) but when you think about how she acted that night I guess it isn't really..

Hayate

Kids, please don't try this at home.

Lain

The World God Only Knows vol 1
7f494cbafca1d65d34db40aa17b835682d5486ed.jpg

I can finally check the manga guilt-free. I had only looked at a chapter of the older scanlations for this and stopped because those were bad, but really liked the anime adaption so it was mostly a blind purchase on faith alone.
I really like the various facial expression Keima makes and the way he's able to take all kinds of beatings and still be more concerned about saving his game than anything else.

Genius Family company vol 2 (bunko edition)
f7b0b1372714f14094217a555d495505af9ec8b4.jpeg

The start with the look at a bit of the past of Katsuyuki, when he was a kid and already in love with money felt a bit boring, but I admit that helped making what came after even better. The quarrel with Nagasawa in the infirmary had me laughing because the feelings of each other are so plain to see, yet they both act like morons to each other... then again, a lot of stuff in this volume had me laughing, even throughout the more serious moment like Katsuyuki's mom telling everyone about why she resigned from her job after her hospitalization.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hentai Ouji

8 pages on a monthly? The fuck.

Yamada and the seven Witches

Wow, they actually did it and it worked, awesome.

gunbo13

There is no God.
Oh great, 100 chapters of blushing since Mashiro has never touched a girl. And another Eiji battle over volume sales and then merchandising. Just kill me now if that is coming.
Hajimete no Aku 39-46

I see this is now a harem series.
Then onto a battle series! Hajimete no Aku knows no bounds. It pleases me when it is read...excellent.
Hentai Ouji

8 pages on a monthly? The fuck.
Worse then Iris Zero pull.

I can't remember who recommended Ashita no Ousama to me, but thanks. It's basically a sane Skip Beat so far! (Or maybe it's better to say this is the drama and Skip Beat is the latin drama adaptation?)

Genius Family company vol 2 (bunko edition)

Dammit Lain. I need Ninomiya's collected works in english, stat!

Psyren 1-END

The more I think about it, the more I realise I don't have anything positive to say about this other than "it started well." So moving onto more important things:

Minamoto 28

Hm. This is going to screw with the Grand Plan a bit. Unless the MC plans on two fourteen-timing her, his only real options are either 1) breaking up after they fuck (which doesn't really fit his personality) or 2) ditch the plan (which actually isn't an option because then the series ends).

Have you read Melo Holic?
I tried reading it a while back and we didn't get on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SJ Alpha

The "Dr. Snakes" line was intended to be "Snake Expert"
Also, Alexis Kirsch is a shithead troll. The "Zoro" was Usopp's frozen mouth saying "Zorwo"

Scum

You know, sometimes, it's quite nice to hoard anime and manga, let the chapters and episodes pileup and than have a marathon of it all. I'm seriously enjoying Aizen OP trolling all over again.

Aizen01.jpg

Bitch, please!

You know, sometimes, it's quite nice to hoard anime and manga, let the chapters and episodes pileup and than have a marathon of it all. I'm seriously enjoying Aizen OP trolling all over again.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Scummyer/Aizen01.jpg[/IM]

Bitch, please![/QUOTE]

Oh that was the most memorable moment for Hitsugaya. He needs to earn his redemption from that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom