• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

One of the things that attracted it to me was the art. It's like after Tezuka decided to copy Disney while adding his own style, Disney decided to copy Tezuka while adding their own style and then some other guy decided to copy that while combining it with Betty Boop. I don't know if that really makes sense, but it's the feel I get and I love it.
*Looks up*

...yea, I thought the same.

survivor

Banned
Minamoto

Go for the aunt damn it. Your cousin is old news now.

Also

Blood Lad - 98d ago
Deadman Wonderland - 72d ago

God damn it.

Superior Cross

Finished it and was alright.

Was kinda hilarious seeing certain people getting redeemed like that plus sheila having another version of her has struck again.

Also glad to see Angelica and The Hero's friend relationship working out (for the most part anyway lulz) and Sheila returning. i'm surprised the Hero was still shy about talking his feelings for her even though they had that moment where their feelings were clear.

Think I got you beat.

Kamunagara - 1291d ago

YOOOO DAMMMNNNN

gunbo13

Aunt Fantasy(ch28)

-When does the aunt not have her drill hair up?

So...when you are dating your cousin and fantasizing about your aunt when you...

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

Superior Cross

Finished it and was alright.
I had hopes for this one...oh well, seems like a decent finish as I don't see rage.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
OG who could probably not do shit if they wanted and maybe do:
Yamamoto, Shunsui, Ukitake

Given how training focused Yamamoto is, (harping after Kenpachi to use two hands etc) I can't believe he doesn't keep at it constantly. That's likely why he's the strongest of the squad captains.

Noblesse

Beast chapter. I love how Sierra destroyed that loud mouth with one strike. Frankenstein destroying the Rodin like nothing is badass. Amazing chapter, and one of the best chapters in Noblesse.

Bleach

Captains train a lot. They need to in order to control their bankai. IT requires them 10 years to control it. Let´s say they fully control it when they become captains they still train. All of them except Yamamoto, Shunsui and Ukitake were training for the winter war with Aizen.
Aizen's irrelevant now. The SS captains have had 15 months to train up to his level.
There´s no way in hell this is true. The only shinigami in SS who is a match for Aizen has only been Yamamoto.

Aizen showed them the bar they had to hit. Once they knew it was possible attaining it was easy.

Even if they train from now to eternity every shingami has their limits, and Aizen´s shinigami limits were above all of SS except Yamamoto. You can say Shunsui and Ukitake hit their limits, and they are in no way at Aizen´s level. Some things are people just born with,like Aizen having twice as much riatsu as the captains, except Yamamoto. No one can get over that barrier especially since a battle between captains is a battle of riatsu.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Even if they train from now to eternity every shingami has their limits, and Aizen´s shinigami limits were above all of SS except Yamamoto. You can say Shunsui and Ukitake hit their limits, and they are in no way at Aizen´s level. Some things are people just born with,like Aizen having twice as much riatsu as the captains, except Yamamoto. No one can get over that barrier especially since a battle between captains is a battle of riatsu.
No. Aizen actively trained every single facet of shinigami power he could to the max. Then he found out that he wasn't at the pinnacle and started delving into hollowfication etc to move beyond his limits.

No reason to assume that others were maxxed out.

No. Aizen actively trained every single facet of shinigami power he could to the max. Then he found out that he wasn't at the pinnacle and started delving into hollowfication etc to move beyond his limits.

No reason to assume that others were maxxed out.

They can´t attain double captain riatsu. That´s something they are born with and as such they can never reach Aizen´s level.

Superior Cross end

And so the tale of a dude falling in love with his parent's murderer finally comes to a close. Was alright.

Holy shit, I read this a long time ago. Pretty much everything that had been released in one sitting, but completely forgot about it until now. Definitely need to get back and finish reading now that it's done.

neoanarch

Yamada and the Seven Witches chapter 7(spanish)

Me encanto el nuevo capitulo. La chica nueva, que ya se me a olvidado su nombre; me encanto. Es hiperactiva y agresiva y va servir para avanzar la historia. Ya podemos predecir que va ver conflicto entre ella y Shiraishi. Quizás unos celos entra ambas. Pero mejor un poco de yuri fanservice.

Kusagari

Didn't Kubo say in the datebook that the entire reason Aizen turned evil to begin with was because he was always stronger than everyone?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Didn't Kubo say in the datebook that the entire reason Aizen turned evil to begin with was because he was always stronger than everyone?

Ugh. That's right up there with The Green Goblin.

"I'm stronger and smarter than anyone else. I'll become the greatest costumed criminal of all time!"

Kusagari

Ugh. That's right up there with The Green Goblin.

"I'm stronger and smarter than anyone else. I'll become the greatest costumed criminal of all time!"

The reasoning that Kubo gave, if I remember right, was nobody ever got close to Aizen because they were scared of his power. So, Aizen never formed any bonds with people and became the crazy trolling sociopath we all know and love.

Do we even know what Aizen's bankai was?

And yeah, you're not gonna sit here and tell me that ANY of them have gotten to his level in a year of training.

dosh

Hey, hi manga-Gaf, I'm sorry to go a little bit OT with this but as a junior member I can't make new threads, and I guess that could interest some of you.
There's a HUGE Otomo/Akira exhibition starting today in Tokyo and Crunchyroll has some awesome pictures of what's inside. If you've ever been into Akira, it's really worth taking a look: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/04/09/a-look-inside-the-katsuhiro-otomo-genga-exhibition
Sorry if already posted.

Edit: didn't really know where to post this; this thread seemed the best place to do it.

Articalys

Silver Spoon 36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dMQ7m9oQ0#t=13s

dRkmn.png

I love how crazy awesome all the Yezo High students are.

upandaway

Gamaran

I like how he dealt with the attack (cutting his hand) but fights have been a lot of "I can't believe he's so fast" lately. I expected some crazy combination of Gama's techniques or something.

Talk of certain websites.
Do we know for how long?

And Grimace too? 2012 sure is 2012, lemme tell you.

Griffith

Banned
Ultra Heaven vol. 1

Damn, that drug sure does provide one hell of a trip.

I love how crazy and surreal everything gets whenever the guy gets high.

gunbo13

Wait, Grimace down again? And no DTL? Stat Flow too?!

I have no idea how to react tomorrow.
Do we know for how long?

And Grimace too? 2012 sure is 2012, lemme tell you.
I was in the middle of arguing with Stat about Bleach as well. I was completely right of course but he must be salty on the sidelines. ;)

IDK how you can still get caught doing this stuff. Well DTL I understand.

survivor

Banned
Yamada

Let the blonde dude take the girl outside for something and then the MC and other girl can kiss. It ain't rocket science

Blood Lad - 98d ago
Deadman Wonderland - 72d ago

God damn it.

Just licensed by Yen Press:

-Alice in the Country of Hearts
-Blood Lad
-Thermae Romae
-Anything and Something (Shuuishuu)
-When they Cry (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-The Misfortune of Kyon & Koizumi (Kyon & Koizumi no Sainan)
-Triage X

scy

Yamada-kun Witches Seven etc. - Still waiting for the rest of these witches and more passionate make out sessions with random people.

And:
WFShk.png

Yup.

Gamaran 136

Jinsuke is a beast.

Girls of the Wild 34

It seems the MC is maning up. And the red headed idiot sold himself lol.

Magi 91-92

Better translations are better.

Lol Zagan is total jerk. And lol at Amon what the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom