• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the Tanuki shapeshifting technique from japanese folklore, where a Tanuki would put a leaf on its head to disguise as other stuff, except the samurai could his power on other people:

Wow, nice find, in the Mario games when you get a leaf you get the Tanuki suit.

rouken

I think it's the Tanuki shapeshifting technique from japanese folklore, where a Tanuki would put a leaf on its head to disguise as other stuff, except the samurai could his power on other people:

yeah, this was what i was thinking too, pretty useful in punk hazard imo.

on another note, i miss bepo. :(

survivor

Banned
Naruto

Kabuto for nakama

That is some lame attempt to make Kabuto look like a human. Hey, kid you are not the only one without parents, suck it up and move on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Ha! A Tanuki devil fruit, that's awesome.
Sounds like Ceasar Crown will be our villain for this arc. Law is a troll god though.
I think the anime is going to have a ton of fun with Sanji in Nami's body. Especially that one part.

EDIT: According to translators at AP, it's Crown not Clown. That makes more sense, the translation for this chapter was awful.

Blackhead

Redarse
One Piece

Personality flips are the best.

Sanji was crazy. And Smoker was great too. I guess the cigarette seals the deal.

Still not sure I understand the samurai's power. Can he turn anything into clothing/disguise? That's so... well.. not DF-ish? Like, way more than Law's. Plus, he said it was an "unusual DF", and then all the scientists and Vegapunk nods...
This might be out there but I think we might get some DF info this arc.

I wonder if he can make everyone wear the suits that those lab guys wore. It would be a pretty handy ability.

I'm confused. Who is responsible for the personality shifts? What happened to Smoker and his lieutenant?

survivor

Banned
I'm confused. Who is responsible for the personality shifts? What happened to Smoker and his lieutenant?

Law has an attack to switch personalities.

One Piece

meh stuff, art was confusing entire time had no idea what was happening

Funny seeing Luffy not giving that much of a shit about Smoker

One Piece

yeah... did I miss something? sanji nami is the best. Breast bands...

Bleach

Shit, why did we even waste time arguing about the 3 fraccion ladies being saved or what not when they were gonna get killed by the nazi dude anyways? Ichigo really should have gave the captains a call before heading out... but isn't his shinigami pass a spirit gps unit anyways?

Naruto

meh. Remember when people cared about Kabuto... like 5+ years ago?

Anteater

Law was responsible for all the switching, I don't understand how Tashigi could move around without a heart though

Law's power seems awfully overpowered, it almost seems like Moria's shadow power but with its own twists

Desmond

Naruto
Kabuto had such a hard life.
An exhilarating audio visual tour de force. I didn't know such a thing was possible in this medium. Thank you Kishimoto sensei.

Big One

Banned
Bleach F

Do I need to say more?

Just kidding dawg

Bleach C

Okay chapter, I wish Kubo would turn the pace up even more though. Did we really need a whole page to show us that the three stooges got owned? Could've been told in a single panel. But yeah, BLEACH.

Steroyd

One Piece

Sanji realised who he is...

One Piece

ZtiPF.png

Me gusta

... and this is where I lost my shit. :lol

Big One

Banned
Naruto A+++

IYb4I.jpg

Kishimoto not only continues to amaze me in the way he handles fights every week, but he continues to amaze me story-wise too. When I saw Itachi tell Kabuto that they're the same, I burst into tears. Never have I felt such an overflow of emotion, and to see Sasuke's reaction to Itachi saying this...man. Kishi knows how to hit pretty hard when it comes to emotional jabs. I haven't been this emotionally attached to a character since the final battle between Yusei and Z-ONE in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rereading Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan on a whim, heavy stuff.

Desmond

Naruto A+++

IYb4I.jpg

Kishimoto not only continues to amaze me in the way he handles fights every week, but he continues to amaze me story-wise too. When I saw Itachi tell Kabuto that they're the same, I burst into tears. Never have I felt such an overflow of emotion, and to see Sasuke's reaction to Itachi saying this...man. Kishi knows how to hit pretty hard when it comes to emotional jabs. I haven't been this emotionally attached to a character since the final battle between Yusei and Z-ONE in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's.

1327921147451.gif

Naruto A+++

IYb4I.jpg

We have a winner. How does it feel to be like DTL?

PK Gaming

One Piece

That. Was. Awesome.

Man oh man, am I glad Oda took a break, it really shows when he plans his chapter in advance. This chapter had EVERYTHING. Tons of content AND plot progression. It's hard to move along without rushing, but Oda manages to pull it off in spades. Ok, so I was afraid Luffy would fight Law due to some unforseen circumstance, but instead, he's thoughtful enough to thank the man who saved his life. Really, I enjoyed the banter between Luffy and Law, and even though Tashigi and Smoker lie on the ground defeated, Luffy doesn't really bat an eye. It's not that he's out of character, he just never interferes in someone's fight (plus they're marines).

The body switching shenanigans in this chapter were absolutely hilarious. Sanji is one lucky man, and I loved how even the strawhats exaggerated facial expressions change upon switching bodies. Anyway, the crew is back together, and they met up with 2/3rds of the Samurai. His powers are... really unexpected lmao. Smoker and Tashigi switched bodies too... is Law a troll or does he do this mess his opponents up? To reveal of Vegapunk killed me. FINALLY, we get to see this bastard once and for all. Anyway to sum it up, this chapter was basically flawless.

I love you One Piece.

Guesong

Bleach

So fodder got trashed by enemy team fodder, which in turn will get trashed by Ichigo in 2 chapters.

I have never seen this development in Bleach before!

shame, Kubo was on a roll

Bleach
exactly what I predicted would happen. Boring as fuck.

Naruto
c'mon Kishi just kill Kabuto and power up Sasuke already. This is boring.

Diablos54

Naruto: Boring. And Kabuto's gonna be killed by Sasuke next chapter, yay!

Bleach: Boring. Qunicy dude's gonna be beat by Ichigo in the next few chapters in a quick fight. Yay!

One Piece: Fucking awesome. Sanji bringing the laughs, and it looks like Caesar Crown is the big bad this arc. Interesting...

upandaway

So um, it seems like Bakuman's color next week (as in, the chapter after the next chapter) is due to THE proposal. Gonna stick to what I said before. (edit: no wait, I'm chickening out. They might stretch with a final Eiji arc)

Since when?
We're sophisticated and gentle.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Oh God, this body swapping stuff is hilarious. I almost lost my shit with Sanji's peeking and Nami beating the hell out of herself. The Headless guy's got a pretty interesting Devil Fruit. I always wondered if there would be some form of magic in One Piece, but I never thought it would come in the form of a DF. And I'm so glad to see that it's looking like Law's not the real bad guy here after all, it just would have been very out of character for him.

That just makes me all the more curious now about this Ceaser character. Something tells me that he's the real brains behind the more deadly creations of the marines (Namely the Pascifista's), since everything we've heard about Vegapunk up to think point makes him out to be more of a pacifist. Hopefully we'll find out more about Vegapunk and the government through Ceaser in this arc.

Bleach
Nothing happen other than we saw some fodder get taken out .

Naruto
Well i don't really care about Kabuto so i hope this fight don't last much longer .

One Piece
Seem that Law has something else plan , also good chapter .

one piece

OM Gosh. Just amazing. The way Oda sensei has made the body swap is just amazing.

And this panel

ZtiPF.png

I hear you loud and clear Oda sensei. It´s not about body switching comedic effect. It´s a message about the chauvinistic society and the obsession with women´s bodies instead of their minds and personalities. I love how Oda sensei takes the hard topics of the world and incorporate them into one piece.

And the mysterious DF, OMG, i knew Oda had a great fashion sense, but wow, Oda sensei surprises us once with an inventive ways to were cloths and matches it well with the boring winter´s snow.

I am crying tears of happiness and i have became almost speechless, by this out of this world chapter.

Is he trying to emulate DTL? Because as a DTL expert I can say that's entirely wrong.

/edit

Wait is he parodying his own Bleach posts? That explains a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom