• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

Grimace
DTL
Stat

405-naruto-cries.jpg

Not like this. ._.

ShinNL

Hayate no Gotoku
Sket Dance
Bamboo Blade
Minami-ke(4-koma, 4-koma rule is to check out the anime instead)
GTO
Angel Densetsu
Kyou Kara ore Wa

Because they are comedies and for the most part episodic they don't have pacing issues really. It's either you enjoy them or you don't.

Shoujo/Josei you may enjoy.

Kare Kano
Lovely Complex
Nodame Cantabile
Aishiteruze Baby
Reading Angel Densetsu right now, first 15 pages in, already loving it. Thank you so much :D

Zetsuen no Tempest

Woo, first chapter in almost a year! I'm surprised how much I remember what was going on (though I still forgot all the names). This stall tactic is confusing as hell when you don't remember stuff.

Indeed. Even now my mind is still blown when i realize it was from the same author.

One-trick gag manga to an incomprehensible battle shonen with one face for every character. I don't know how the dude stays serialized. Sometimes I think that the people that get into magazines are just whoever shows up and is willing to put up with the hours.

One-trick gag manga to an incomprehensible battle shonen with one face for every character. I don't know how the dude stays serialized. Sometimes I think that the people that get into magazines are just whoever shows up and is willing to put up with the hours.

It was like going from one side of the spectrum to the other. lol

and Squall ASF is on the list as well :(

*pours another 40*

I just read the first chapter of Battle Royale II: Blitz Royale for the very first time.

The fuck is up with the art?!

I think I need to continue JoJo to cleanse my soul.

Azure J

Choujin Gakuen

I remember starting this but then leaving it on pause midway through the first chapter. Boy did I do myself a disservice. It's fun and like others have said more eloquently, it has some really funky art. I'm a sucker for this kind of abstract design, but it also helps that the story is kinda charming. Oska is awesome by the way. :lol

The image that keeps on giving. :lol

gunbo13

Sora no Otoshimono(ch59)

-What the flying fuck.

So like those birds right...and then that scene with the birds under...with the little sister...

...it's original at least.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hmmm...

It's been a while since I last come here and Stat Flow, Angry Grimace, and Dedication to Light got banned?

My what's going on O__________________O

Lain

Just licensed by Yen Press:

-Alice in the Country of Hearts
-Blood Lad
-Thermae Romae
-Anything and Something (Shuuishuu)
-When they Cry (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-The Misfortune of Kyon & Koizumi (Kyon & Koizumi no Sainan)
-Triage X

I'll be getting Anything and Something (because I've come to like Kaoru Mori after I started reading A Bride's Story) and Umineko.

Kreed

Sket Dance 189:

Roman needs to be upgraded from gag character status.

Gamaran 134-136:

This manga is much more entertaining when the "trainees" aren't the focus, but the plot armor needs to be removed from some of the good guys.

Magi 91-92:

I really like how this dungeon is turning out so far. There's enough mystery and discovery to make the dungeon exploration feel fresh even though we've dealt with one previously. I hope those three "evil" characters show up in this dungeon as well vs them getting saved for another point in the story.

Big One

Banned
One Piece spoilers

Cover is Saldeath and Sadie. They're now lovers. Saldeath has gotten really big.

Luffy expresses his thanks to Law; Law says it was a debt of gratitude. Luffy thanks him anyway.
Tashigi returns to normal, notices Smoker's condition and rushes to him. She sees his body and attacks Law. I think Smoker and Tashigi's bodies change places.
Law tells Luffy to turn to the back of the laboratory. What you're looking for is there. We'll probably meet again. There's something to be recovered, reciprocally (between two people. not sure which two he's talking about)." he says before vanishing into the castle.
Luffy's group runs from the Marines.
Sanji, in Nami's body, has his eyes turn into hearts. "Isn't there a camera somewhere? I've got to take a picture or something before switching back!"
Nami retorts from within Franky's body. Franky's aloha (hawaiian shirt?) is closed (buttoned up, I guess).
Franky complains about her buttoning the shirt, from within Chopper's body.
Everyone, including the children, complain about the cold. The severed head says to put a rock or a leaf or something on his head. He chants "Doron!" and coats and shoes for everyone pop out of nowhere.

The head is an ability user. He had been quiet about it until now because he liked looking at Nami's body.
The crew reunites.
Sanji, in Nami's body, peeks at himself (that is...her body). Nami, in Franky's body, punches him from behind. Luffy is surprised.
Sanji's group explains the situation.
While the explanation is going on, Sanji starts to strip.
Luffy's group laughs uproariously.
The head adheres to his lower half.
It's explained to Luffy that Law is a Shichibukai.

Smoker wakes up in Tashigi's body.
He starts smoking a cigar.
Smoker realizes that he recognized the CC mark. He's somehow living even with his heart gone.
He realizes it's the mark of Vegapunk's former colleague, the bounty-bearing Mass Slaughter Weapons Expert, scientist Caesar Crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom