• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

See how only certain positive posts are immediately being connected to DTL while others aren't? That's racism right there. (wait what)

survivor

Banned
St&rs has been cancelled.

Missed this

So it's finally over. Seems like we are also around 18 chapters behind. Gonna take a long time until we get to see what happens in the end

Even though it was a boring manga, it had a nice idea behind it. Wish other derivative shit like Nisekoi, Kurogane or Pajama was cancelled instead.

Naruto
this guy should have his own manga.
uH47D.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Missed this

So it's finally over. Seems like we are also around 18 chapters behind. Gonna take a long time until we get to see what happens in the end

Even though it was a boring manga, it had a nice idea behind it. Wish other derivative shit like Nisekoi, Kurogane or Pajama was cancelled instead.
:(

upandaway

Missed this

Speaking of which it had one of the lowest first rankings in the recent while, so that's going somewhere.

Naruto

The chapter name is adequate. NOTHING.

Bleach

Yamamoto is pissed. I can´t wait to see him wreck shit up. Sasakibe´s death have really gotten to him.

You have to parody somebody else, not yourself, dummy.
Oh look, a parrot.
Is he trying to emulate DTL? Because as a DTL expert I can say that's entirely wrong.
Yes.
/edit

Wait is he parodying his own Bleach posts? That explains a lot.
I don´t parody Bleach because i genuinely love the manga.

Desmond

one piece

OM Gosh. Just amazing. The way Oda sensei has made the body swap is just amazing.

And this panel

ZtiPF.png

I hear you loud and clear Oda sensei. It´s not about body switching comedic effect. It´s a message about the chauvinistic society and the obsession with women´s bodies instead of their minds and personalities. I love how Oda sensei takes the hard topics of the world and incorporate them into one piece.

And the mysterious DF, OMG, i knew Oda had a great fashion sense, but wow, Oda sensei surprises us once with an inventive ways to were cloths and matches it well with the boring winter´s snow.

I am crying tears of happiness and i have became almost speechless, by this out of this world chapter.

ilbq8vGrDzuQz.gif

See how only certain positive posts are immediately being connected to DTL while others aren't? That's racism right there. (wait what)

No credit for shitty parodies!

Especially because DTL doesn't even like OP that much to begin with. In short, not enough: "Not enough cool poses."

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Clearly he's parodying the rest of you.

Real talk.

Steroyd

No credit for shitty parodies!

Especially because DTL doesn't even like OP that much to begin with. In short, not enough: "Not enough cool poses."

It's not that he doesn't like it, it's that if there's no outright action (whether it makes sense or not) he almsot goes cold on it.

Knowing DTL he was probably crushed that Law vs Luffy didn't happen.

gunbo13

Clearly he's parodying the rest of you.

Real talk.
DTL obviously parodies my Bleach posts.
Sorry man, but between derivative romcom garbage and generic battle shounen manga, I'd much prefer the latter cause it offers something more beside cute moe faces
I can't hear you. All these words are muffled by those Onodera tears. And I'll be damned if you insult moe face. Have you lost it?

It's not that he doesn't like it, it's that if there's no outright action (whether it makes sense or not) he almsot goes cold on it.

Yeah, it's pret-

Wait. Why are we discussing DTL here?

Fuck this shit, I'm reading JoJo.

upandaway

The evilness here is that nobody here knows if DTL is actually parodying them. Think about it.
Truthfully now this is a bit silly because it discourages genuine excited posts and I really like genuine excited posts. They're so excited.

Fortunately we're not yet at the point where anyone is discouraged though (as you can clearly see)!

gunbo13

Wait. Why are we discussing DTL here?
DTL is a diseased troll. But if we embrace the disease (but not the troll), it's like housing a t-virus. Then that leads to zombies, which leads to Sankarea, which leads to zombie moe. You following?
Truthfully now this is a bit silly because it discourages genuine excited posts and I really like genuine excited posts. They're so excited.

Fortunately we're not yet at the point where anyone is discouraged though (as you can clearly see)!
I just like to instill fear.
Because Wednesday is just not feeling right.
Parodies + failed parodies > genuine article (for one week at least)

Yeah you're spot on.

DTL is a complete and utter sucker for anything that's "extremely shonen" with an emphasis on "cool prettyboy characters" being the ones to do it. Next to that he pretty much always "buys" emotional stuff, so a sad flashback or emotional moment, no matter how unfounded, will always work.

Heck, this is why he likes FT so much. It throws rather low-impact emotional scenes into most chapters & relies far more on action & the protagonist owning everyone than most other shonen, and these are exactly the things DTL likes.

There's no way DTL would just start raving about the feminist implications of a chapter, that seems more like something Big One would do.

As much as people think DTL is trolling, he's 100% consistent in his reasons for liking/disliking stuff, that's why it's relatively easy to parody him.

DTL is a diseased troll. But if we embrace the disease (but not the troll), it's like housing a t-virus. Then that leads to zombies, which leads to Sankarea, which leads to zombie moe. You following?

Yes. Yes. Wait. No. *looks up Sankarea* Yes. What.

I lied, I already knew Sankarea

upandaway

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr 10

Three months seems way more than we bargained for. Though I doubt it'll stay quiet for that long.

Also that's probably the biggest amount of pills they'll ever get at one time again (and I'm including the ending here).

I have to say this week translation for OP was really bad .
Any way back to DTL as Neoriceisgood said he is really consistent in what he likes even if it makes no sense in the arc or story .

Yes. Yes. Wait. No. *looks up Sankarea* Yes. What.

I lied, I already knew Sankarea

Was wondering where i saw that name before then i remember a anime start for it this season .

Desmond

I just like to instill fear.

Parodies + failed parodies > genuine article (for one week at least)

Don't be a dick man, leave him be.

Big One

Banned
There's no way DTL would just start raving about the feminist implications of a chapter, that seems more like something Big One would do.
Well not exactly.

Cause I actually have quite a bit of problem with how females are treated in One Piece a lot of the times. I don't like how Nami and Robin's titties are getting bigger every arc. I wish they'd go back to a more non-sexualized designed.

Though with hilarious shit like this more than makes up for it, One Piece is kind of too self aware to really rant and rave about it.

Well not exactly.

Cause I actually have quite a bit of problem with how females are treated in One Piece a lot of the times. I don't like how Nami and Robin's titties are getting bigger every arc. I wish they'd go back to a more non-sexualized designed.

Though with hilarious shit like this more than makes up for it, One Piece is kind of too self aware to really rant and rave about it.

Well that's what I meant. I wasn't saying you'd do it exactly like Beam did, just that you're more prone to bring up more meta stuff like sexism. DTL flat out doesn't mention it at all.

Nobody would say what Beam said, it was absurd and unfunny.

Mr. Fix

Naruto
Itachi got caught in that weaksauce attack? Phh. Another flashback? At this point who gives a shit?

Blech
Wasting half+ a chapter as usual. Thanks for showing more fodder. It would be extremely underwhelming if Ichigo beats this guy in the coming chapters. Tasteless humor too. Yamamoto - the only redeeming part of this chapter.

One Piece
So the sam is a sorcerer? Just make him a Nakama already! This dude just syncs up with the team so well. Great pacing, and gags. I'm not sure we'll be on Punk Island for too much longer though.

Griffith

Banned
Shingeki no Kyojin 32

So good.

Damn, what a punch. Eren/Annie round 2 is going to be great. I just hope they manage to capture her alive because I really want to know about the group she's part of.

Kusagari

Naruto:

Kabuto is the deadest character I've ever seen. Sad flashback AND he insulted the Uchiha? Dudes dead within 3 chapters.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Naruto

I like Kabuto so I enjoyed this chapter. I need a flashback of how he met Orochimaru or has that been done already, I forget.

Huh? Since when?

Since people that know him in real life pegged him as a troll and provided examples of other characters he's had on other forums which are nothing like DTL. Old news by now. Also, his character when he first joined was different and revolved around a gimmick where he used "lol" after every third word. He dropped that act after it got him banned.

Whether you're for real or not is still up for debate, but where DTL is concerned there is no mystery.

Big One

Banned
Since people that know him in real life pegged him as a troll and provided examples of other characters he's had on other forums which are nothing like DTL. Old news by now. Also, his character when he first joined was different and revolved around a gimmick where he used "lol" after every third word. He dropped that act after it got him banned.

Whether you're for real or not is still up for debate, but where DTL is concerned there is no mystery.
I wasn't aware of this.

And I'm not sure why anyone would think I'm not "real." None of my opinions are particularly anything different from anyone else's. It's not abnormal to hate on Naruto and Bleach. Hell, people are doing it in this very thread RIGHT NOW.

I see Wednesday is going well...

Naruto

So Kabuto is gonna die soon then since he just had a flashback of his childhood?

Bleach

*Yawn*

New dude seems interesting but he might just become fodder like that Ivan guy.

One Piece

Everyone's switching all over the place and lets see what this Ceasar guy brings to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom