• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Medaka Box 142 - Wedding arc. No Zenkichi. What the fuck guys.

At least it looks like we'll get right into the action.

Yamada-kun Witches etc. etc. 8 - ... your solution is to just force a kiss on the girl, switch spots (thus revealing the secret) and then go around clearing things up? Sounds legit.

Watashi ni xx Shinasai

Oh god this is getting so stupid

Getting? It's alw...

Getting? That manga was born stupid.

Goddamnit.

Kusagari

Medaka Box:

I actually love that Zenkichi isn't in this arc. It's the perfect response to how bad Ajimu failed in the last arc. For all her attempts at doing so, she couldn't replace Medaka as the main character with Zenkichi. That was her ultimate failure.

Anyway, how can Medaka possibly lose when she has Ajimu on her team? Main character powers and Ajimu's hax working in tandem? Everybody else is fucked.

neoanarch

medaka box

Whoa everything is moving so fast. i a't wait for the wiplash inducing twist.

Zen kinda fucked himself over with Devil Style. This isn't some slice of life manga..unless Nisio decides he wants to write one.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Getting? That manga was born stupid.
Yeah, I should have said getting stupider.
Medaka Box:

I actually love that Zenkichi isn't in this arc. It's the perfect response to how bad Ajimu failed in the last arc. For all her attempts at doing so, she couldn't replace Medaka as the main character with Zenkichi. That was her ultimate failure.

Anyway, how can Medaka possibly lose when she has Ajimu on her team? Main character powers and Ajimu's hax working in tandem? Everybody else is fucked.

COnsidering this is Nisio, I'm not taking anything for granted in this arc.

Lain

Smut loving MangaGAF, have you put in your preorder for Velvet Kiss?!
And I've read another work of Harumi Chihiro has been licensed in America.

Westlo

Smut loving MangaGAF, have you put in your preorder for Velvet Kiss?!
And I've read another work of Harumi Chihiro has been licensed in America.

Is Velvet Kiss about to end? I saw it on a certain site and they said 1 chapter to go and I'm like wtf? (note I haven't read the last few chapters.. last one was "dat" smile @ the baseball game for kids)

Lain

Is Velvet Kiss about to end? I saw it on a certain site and they said 1 chapter to go and I'm like wtf? (note I haven't read the last few chapters.. last one was "dat" smile @ the baseball game for kids)

Mangaupdates has it complete with 4 volumes, so if that's right I guess yeah.

Westlo

Mangaupdates has it complete with 4 volumes, so if that's right I guess yeah.

Man.. I didn't even check how long the manga was when I first started reading it.. did like 1-23 straight.. than read looked @ raws for the next 5 or so chapters.

What smut manga will take its place in my heart!

upandaway

Medaka Box

Shiranui?! Holy shit.

That's so weird. It's so weird. Shiranui? Both of them? It's true that they'll never die, but even if they fight we'll never see or understand anything they did.

I really don't see any way for the perverts to win this. Nisio better start some shit because they're nothing like the villains we've had for the past ~100 or so chapters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Medaka Box

Shiranui?! Holy shit.

That's so weird. It's so weird. Shiranui? Both of them? It's true that they'll never die, but even if they fight we'll never see or understand anything they did.

I really don't see any way for the perverts to win this. Nisio better start some shit because they're nothing like the villains we've had for the past ~100 or so chapters.

Well he hasn't actually establish anything about the villians yet except that they are perverts. Who knows what bullshit nisio will think of this time.

upandaway

Toriko

And there we go again. 1/20th the calorie consumption? I'm fine with Toriko being utterly destroyed as that happens every 20 chapters, but that's just silly!

I'll miss the 8-digit calorie calculations. They were the best thing in the Pyramid.

Well he hasn't actually establish anything about the villians yet except that they are perverts. Who knows what bullshit nisio will think of this time.
Oh yeah something will definitely happen. I'm just saying, look at the first couple pages of Kumagawa (nail massacre) or Anshin'in, those were pretty crazy.

neoanarch

Medaka

The entire Kurokami clan is nothing but perverts. The battle will be a full on pervert off.

Naruto and Bleach
haven't read them in weeks.

One Piece

Is beginning to be a chore to decipher the awful translations.

Advance of the Giants

Love the latest chapter. I hope we get some background on the giants from Annies pov at some point.

Beelzebub
Kind of a boring pointless chapter. Toujo continues to be Kuwabaraed , he just wants a hot blooded shounen battle.

upandaway

Belief & Sex

I'm sort of amazed that S&M was ever brought as a concept near this guy at all. These people are all nuts.

I also don't see any relation between smothering him with boobs to S&M at all, which makes this even better.

Beelze

Last page was so good.

Kreed

Medaka Box 142:

Gone forever hppefully.

Zenkichi needs to stay far away from this arc as possible. Excluding Medaka, this battle arc now has the best/most entertaining characters in it all once.

Beelzebub 152:

This chapter was disappointing in comparison to the last couple of weeks. The comedy was average IMO and even with the Oga clone showing off some strength, without a demon of some sort you can't even consider him a real threat (if we're going into the battle manga direction again).

Mr. Fix

You're being too kind.

sneaky%20face.gif.jpg

Whoops.

upandaway

Buyuden

Dang Isamu looks really badass. What the hell is that.

Figures that the black guy was a boxer. What is it with boxing manga and using skills illegally in street fights.

What, gunbo banned? Scary stuff is happening.
I don't know what's going on anymore. My brain and all related organs are confused.

scy

I guess Gunbou got the kick for emu talk in the DMC thread, sad times indeed.

Only emulator mention I saw was pretty tame, especially considering there's an entire thread for that very emulator. Really hope it's not for the recent "You don't say" comment. That shit is minor compared to some of the real heated exchanges we get around here.

Big One

Banned
Gunbo...Angry Grimace...DTL, and also mysticwhip a while back. Why is it that everyone who considers me their enemy getting banned?

Justice being served right there.
:p

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I don't think its that since there is a thread for it plus IIRC DMC1 was one of the screenshots that would popup in that thread.

Well, that's just what seemed most likely from a quick skim of his post history, but I had forgotten about the emu thread, so I guess that wouldn't be it.

Azure J

Medaka Box

I didn't know so many people were down on Zen having a role of prominence in this manga (not main lead, but better than "oh, that one guy who was around from the start"). Thread depresses me.

That being said, holy shit team Medaka is OP.

scy

Medaka Box

I didn't know so many people were down on Zen having a role of prominence in this manga (not main lead, but better than "oh, that one guy who was around from the start"). Thread depresses me.

Right? Especially after the whole confession and everything, him being here just kind of seems relevant. Or at least some comment on him besides "oh right the childhood friend."

Kusagari

Right? Especially after the whole confession and everything, him being here just kind of seems relevant. Or at least some comment on him besides "oh right the childhood friend."

I'd just wait and see. This is Medaka Box, after all. Zenkichi very well could get involved later on.

scy

I'd just wait and see. This is Medaka Box, after all. Zenkichi very well could get involved later on.

But where's the fun in waiting and seeing? Yeah, I figure it'll probably happen eventually so it's not really a big deal that he's missing early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom