• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWish

Man, if what you are saying is true, then I just...

I don't know. That just sound very pathetic for the guy behind the DTL handle. Inventing different personas on various forums just to get "noticed"? Damn that's just sad.

Well, maybe he's doing it for "fun" but still, that's just downright pathetic.

I remember his LOL shtick by the way. When he used that Natsu's laughing face as his avatar.
Just popping in here since I think I should clarify this. It sounds like some things got a bit mixed in communication.

DTL doesn't invent various personas on different forums. Yes, he is definitely a troll, but I think he's consistent in his trolling. He'll hate on Nintendo no matter where he posts, and so on. Why does he troll? I have no idea, maybe it is to get noticed, seems like that sometimes. I just wanted to clarify that I think he is actually trying to be serious about some things, like I think he might actually be serious about some of his opinions on manga and anime... though the way he tends to present those opinions is often designed to elicit a response from others it seems. I just felt the need to clarify since I think I've seen someone mention a while back something about a mental illness or something... things are getting exaggerated a bit I think. He doesn't have a mental illness.

From living with him, he annoyed the hell out of me a lot and is a master troll and I often didn't know whether to take him seriously or not... but seems people are ragging on the guy a lot more than needed. I don't usually frequent this thread much though, so maybe I'm just seeing things out of context. Just thought I'd offer some clarity on things.

Just popping in here since I think I should clarify this. It sounds like some things got a bit mixed in communication.

DTL doesn't invent various personas on different forums. Yes, he is definitely a troll, but I think he's consistent in his trolling. He'll hate on Nintendo no matter where he posts, and so on. Why does he troll? I have no idea, maybe it is to get noticed, seems like that sometimes. I just wanted to clarify that I think he is actually trying to be serious about some things, like I think he might actually be serious about some of his opinions on manga and anime... though the way he tends to present those opinions is often designed to elicit a response from others it seems. I just felt the need to clarify since I think I've seen someone mention a while back something about a mental illness or something... things are getting exaggerated a bit I think. He doesn't have a mental illness.

From living with him, he annoyed the hell out of me a lot and is a master troll and I often didn't know whether to take him seriously or not... but seems people are ragging on the guy a lot more than needed. I don't usually frequent this thread much though, so maybe I'm just seeing things out of context. Just thought I'd offer some clarity on things.

The solution is simple, dont feed the troll.

PK Gaming

Holy shit

just caught with all of this DTL talk. Damn I think I gained some serious respect points for the guy, since his trolling is pretty fucking top notch. Only problem is that now that his secret is revealed, his posts will lose substance.

I wonder what the real DTL is like lmao

DarkWish

Holy shit

just caught with all of this DTL talk. Damn I think I gained some serious respect points for the guy, since his trolling is pretty fucking top notch. Only problem is that now that his secret is revealed, his posts will lose substance.

I wonder what the real DTL is like lmao
The real DTL? He trolls this much in real life as well, which is why I say he's very consistent in his trolling. Not sure how I survived living with him for two years... you can ignore the trolling online, but in person, can't really avoid that.

PK Gaming

The real DTL? He trolls this much in real life as well, which is why I say he's very consistent in his trolling. Not sure how I survived living with him for two years... you can ignore the trolling online, but in person, can't really avoid that.

No I mean, whats he like when he's NOT trolling. A giddy little kid? Arrogant troll? Dude who's bored out of his mind?

Or a cold an emotionless machine that just wants attention?

Haha it sucks to be you :|

Esch

Banned
Toriko

Honestly I'm looking forward more to seeing Komatsu get to legendary chef status than any toriko calorie bullshit

DarkWish

No I mean, whats he like when he's NOT trolling. A giddy little kid? Arrogant troll? Dude who's bored out of his mind?

Or a cold an emotionless machine that just wants attention?

Haha it sucks to be you :|
When he wasn't trolling, he was just quiet and did his own thing. We sometimes had a normal conversation and he was a nice guy, but those conversations were a rarity. If we talked, it usually ended up in arguments more often than not.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Hmmmm. Well, I remember the times when, as Ignis said, he used the "lol" shtick that he used on his every post. He's banned for it, and from that point forward he "changed tactic", so to speak, like acting all yaoi-sh all of a sudden. I get the "different personas" thing from that fact only, but since I don't know him from other forums I guess I'll take your word for it.

In any event, to be fair, his posts on other threads on GAF that I've seen are mostly just fine though, in that I don't 'sense' any trollish behavior nor intent from them. It is just his posts in the manga threads that I guess for some reason he feels the need to produce exaggerated trolling posts and such.

Anyways, I personally don't find him annoying most of the time. He's like, more amusing to me than annoying, actually. He--or at least his trolling persona--seems like an overexcited child sometimes, and sometimes seeing other people's reactions to his posts are actually fun, hahaha.

For what its worth, DTL, if you are reading this, manga threads are definitely not going to be the same without you, hahaha.

Bokura no Hikari Club

Whelp, that's the end. Was nice to get an origin story on Zera. I remember being pretty confused with Litchi Club, but this was rather straightforward and would probably have the sequel actually make sense if I reread it. I should probably do that.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yamada and the Seven Witches 8

Now it's getting more interesting... :) I didn't like ch. 7 so much, but this chapter makes up for it. More body switching and silliness... good stuff. :)

So yeah, apparently the MC can switch bodies with anyone he kisses, not just that one girl. Hilarity ensues indeed.

-_o

Lain

Karneval vol 1
0deda9f2d3c93b4f328684c76f2441b743fda3c0.png

This was a spur of the moment type of purchase. I saw the cover and thought it was interesting-looking so grabbed it. I don't exactly regret getting it, but I also am not completely happy about it.
The characters have some niceties about them. While Nai can be a bit offputting with his ignorance and innocent naivety (though the way he is able to get himself in trouble is somewhat hilarious), I kind of liked Yogi with his seemingly happy go lucky attitude. Even though Gareki has had as much space as Nai, I don't have a good idea about him yet, all I could say about him is that I don't dislike him so far. Tsukumo and Hirato haven't had enough exposure so can't say much about them as well.
The mystery angle is somewhat interesting, but I found the storytelling to be a bit too disjointed in how it links together the various scene-changes.
At least the art, which is the main reason I bought it, as I shallowly let covers dictate some of my purchases, is nice, so on that front I can be satisfied.

survivor

Banned
Yamada and the Seven Witches

dumb shit happening cause of dumb misunderstandings.

this manga is running out of steam by chapter 8 , pretty impressive.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Holy shit

You can't divide by zero.

Medaka Box

ROFL at Team Medaka, she just went and got the most OP people she could think of. I also laughed at that the fact that "normal" Medaka now doesn't believe everyone is good and says it's a far-fetched notion, like she just swapped personalities at the drop of a hat. I still don't like side-ponytail Medaka though (her outfit is cool but the hair sucks).

Ajimu should technically be able to solo the whole opposing team, but Zenkichi isn't there meaning no Devil Style so the good old Plot no Jutsu could rear its head.

Man people dropping in this thread like crazy pours another glass for gunbo .
DTL does troll but i really do believe sometimes he is serious about some of his post but some of his comments make it hard to tell when he serious .

Beelzebub
Just read the the last 2 chapters not bad at all.
Think i going to start reading this after waiting every few weeks.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man people dropping in this thread like crazy pours another glass for gunbo

It's actually very easy not getting banned here. Just don't discuss forbidden stuff and you'll be pretty much set!

Which is why for myself it is pretty surprising to see people get banned due this thread... especially the veterans like DTL or Angry Grimace.

It's actually very easy not getting banned here. Just don't discuss forbidden stuff and you'll be pretty much set!

Which is why for myself it is pretty surprising to see people get banned due this thread... especially the veterans like DTL or Angry Grimace.

Yep i could understand a new guy but the people that got banned are long time guys .

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I feel like this thread has had the spleen taken out of it.

It's like MangaGAF can't really decide whether to love or hate DTL, hahaha.

Regardless, he has been here from the very beginning so yeah, manga threads are just not the same without him.

In any event, damn for Shingeki no Kyojin 32. That's a mean looking Hadouken there. And Gamaran continues to be awesome.

And Beelzebub: Damn Kunieda is so goddamn adorable.

AKB 49: D'awwwwwwwwwwwww. Don't know why I like reading this stuff.

Hajimete no Aku 127-133

Whoa, actual progress in the relationship!? The hell is this?

I hope this goes back to battle series soon, but I'm running out of chapters :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Medaka Box 142

Not really liking where this new arc is going... actually, the end of the last one was disappointing in a way. Was hoping for more Zenkichi action than there actually was. TROLLED AGAIN.

neoanarch

She's bound by the laws of shonen manga.

She's Majin Buu.

Medaka Box 142

Not really liking where this new arc is going... actually, the end of the last one was disappointing in a way. Was hoping for more Zenkichi action than there actually was. TROLLED AGAIN.

I like where its at right now. Its a good springboard for Nisio to go anywhere with it. On a boat in the middle of an ocean with a murderer on the lose? Mystery Manga time.

So, K-On.

Is this a manga that actually gets somewhere in terms of plot or is it just moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe every chapter?
The plot takes off in volume 3 when Mio gets pregnant and Ritsu finds out she isn't the father.

Alternatively, it "gets somewhere" in the same way that Azumanga does, i.e. with the girls going through school events and eventually graduating. Although there's a post-graduation continuation as well.

Solune

So, K-On.

Is this a manga that actually gets somewhere in terms of plot or is it just moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe every chapter?

You'd like the anime better, listen to me! 4-koma anime adaptations are better than their manga counterparts. Also the recent K-ON Community thread opened...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You'd like the anime better, listen to me! 4-koma anime adaptations are better than their manga counterparts. Also the recent K-ON Community thread opened...

I don't watch anime. I don't know why--I really like to read manga but generally I just can't stand watching anime.

Also, am I the only person who often had to do a double take between Kusagari and Kagari? Damn it why both of you have to have such similar user name anyways! At least your avatars are vastly different though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom