• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally forgot Elsie existed in TWOGK too

It is plausible that Haqua will eventually officially have been the sidekick for longer than Elsie. Elsie's tenure ended at Chapter 118, so we'll see if Haqua can continue to dominate the spotlight until 236.

Has any other manga switched the female lead halfway through?

Nope, don't care either.

I watched the animu's first episode and while it was all funny fun, I just don't see myself flowing a harem mango for years.

The anime adaptation is terrible and misses the entire point. The series is also much more than a harem manga in the traditional sense. If you have the time I urge you to give the series a try until the conclusion of the Tenri arc in Chapter 65. If you don't like the series by that point, then it's just not for you.

Yeah, I don't really like the art style either.

Well I wasn't a fan of the early art style, but since then it's developed into something very appropriate in my opinion.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Art style is a huuuuge factor for me when I chose to read a manga. There's been a few exceptions, but for the most part I have a hard time getting into series with artwork I don't really care for.

Art style is a huuuuge factor for me when I chose to read a manga. There's been a few exceptions, but for the most part I have a hard time getting into series with artwork I don't really care for.

Take a peek at some of the recent chapters and if you still don't like the art then unfortunately it's just not your thing.

Here's the thing about TWGOK fans: If you like the series, then you're happy pretty much all the time because it delivers on its appealing points very consistently. I can only remember one arc that ever earned widespread condemnation, and even that one isn't too bad when you don't have to wait a week for a new chapter. So the fans are a bunch of happy campers and if you don't like the series then you usually just don't follow it.

I like where its at right now. Its a good springboard for Nisio to go anywhere with it. On a boat in the middle of an ocean with a murderer on the lose? Mystery Manga time.

I do too. I think most people who are disappointed are Zen fans who for some reason still think he's gonna take over as main character or something. Medaka proved last arc that no matter what happens you can't take the mantle from her, she's the lead and that's the end of it.

It'd be awesome if it became a whodunit mystery type of thing during this arc, but I think we're about to see some more fighting.

Agreed. I can't get into One Piece no matter what I do because I can't stand the art direction. It's just not for me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nope, I've been offput by it for a while. The fanbase isn't bad, which makes it tolerable on a larger scale.

Just be glad that DTL isnt reading it, or else we would have tons of "very emotional and tears all over my eyes" posts.

survivor

Banned
was this posted?

The May issue of Kodansha's Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine began serializing a comedy spinoff manga inspired by Hajime Isayama's horror fantasy series Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin). Saki Nakagawa launched Shingeki! Kyojin Chūgakkou (Attack! Titan Junior High) in the magazine on Monday.

9L2rI.jpg

what the fuck?

scy

I stayed away from TWGOK for awhile since I just thought "lol harem" and figured I'd get into it later. It's quite a bit more than that (now).

I do too. I think most people who are disappointed are Zen fans who for some reason still think he's gonna take over as main character or something. Medaka proved last arc that no matter what happens you can't take the mantle from her, she's the lead and that's the end of it.

It's not that I expected him to take over as main character, just that I figured he'd be prominent in the arc about Medaka's eventual marriage. Just kind of seemed like an obvious thing for him to take part in.

It's really early into the arc so complaining about it is jumping the gun quite a bit here though :x

I stayed away from TWGOK for awhile since I just thought "lol harem" and figured I'd get into it later. It's quite a bit more than that (now).

Yeah that's the most common misconception and it's a shame. The series takes an enormous dump on typical structure and genre conventions. There's really nothing else like it.

By the way, on the subject of Bakuman, I'm pretty sure it's ending next week. Center color and the plot is screaming conclusion. Will be nice to see it finally end.

upandaway

was this posted?

9L2rI.jpg

what the fuck?
No I won't, and you can't force me to!

The Lunatic Taker

Hahahahaha I lost it when she tried to seduce him. This is just comedy gold.

Fairy Tail

The fight was funny at first but if you were gonna beat her with strength, that just nulls everything.

Basically she could never have won because even if she got the lead, Mira would have just beat her on the spot, because it wasn't a real rule. So what's the point.

Ambitious

Started reading Blade of the Immortal. Dropped after two and a half chapters.
Samurai settings just aren't for me. So I won't even try Vagabond, I guess.

But I also started reading Shingeki no Kyojin (last read chapter: #26) and so far I like it, although I think it lacks depth, compared to some other manga.
Too bad there currently are just 37 or so chapters available. Curious about the basement of Erens house.

flawfuls

Started reading Blade of the Immortal. Dropped after two and a half chapters.
Samurai settings just aren't for me. So I won't even try Vagabond, I guess.

To be fair I also found Blade of the Immortal to be very hard to get into and even when I did eventually get into it I found it pretty mediocre beyond the artwork. Vagabond on the other hand is very easy to get into and much better overall.

Tokyo Ghoul

Yeah, this is good. Kind of a cliche premise, but I like it. Love the setup with how the dude becomes a ghoul through the kidney transplant.

Karate Minoru 138

Awesome fight is awesome.

Lunatic Taker 24

Oh my God she lost it, that seduction scene was awkward as hell. And Reiji is still a dumbass.

Fairy Tail

Yummy fanservice.

Kreed

was this posted?

http://i.imgur.com/9L2rI.jpg[img]

what the fuck?[/QUOTE]

I like this parody series "trend". I'd love to see someone do this for Berserk or Hunter X Hunter.

[quote="Tizoc, post: 36936134"]My mind exploded when I learned of this-
CAPTAIN COMMANDO MANGA by Kenkou Tabuchi & Kotomi Tobashi, with Vol. 1 releasing this May. Have they produced any mangas worth noting?
[/QUOTE]

[quote="God's Beard, post: 36936234"]Yeah, a Captain Commando manga.[/QUOTE]

smh @ your avatars.

Am I the only one that doesn't care for TWGOK?

Nope don't care about either .
I have no problem with the art style it's just that i don't feel like reading it .

HSDK
I love how crazy master fights are .

Fairy Tail
Fan service battle lol .
Also lets see what going to happen to lucy .

vareon

By the way, on the subject of Bakuman, I'm pretty sure it's ending next week. Center color and the plot is screaming conclusion. Will be nice to see it finally end.

Are there any Jump series that ende without prior notice? Like, OK guys, that was the last chapter thanks!

I really want it to have a nice end right now, but if the plot is screaming conclusion they can simply continue the story with some bullshit like Mashiro's child or something :/

scy

One would think I'd be more invested in Fairy Tail.

Anyway, Nisekoi 22 - dat color page, don't even care which girl it is.

frmHT.png

best pairing in this manga

Oh, right, lol no development on the scar/lock/key/etc. :| But everyone being adorable so I guess it works out in the end. Somehow.

upandaway

Are there any Jump series that ende without prior notice? Like, OK guys, that was the last chapter thanks!

I really want it to have a nice end right now, but if the plot is screaming conclusion they can simply continue the story with some bullshit like Mashiro's child or something :/
I've seen a few natural-ending series announce the last chapter from the preview of the previous issue (I think Psyren did this), so basically a week of a headsup. But I don't know if that's commonplace for every long series.

I've never seen short cancelled series give a headsup though, they usually just end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom