• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need some help.

Back in the late 90's, early 00's, I used to watch this manga as a youngster, but I don't remember its name. I think pretty much everyone who is into manga will know what I am talking about, so here goes:

Bunch of school-children, go on a cruise, their ship is sucked into a time vortex and just like Chrono, they end up in the prehistoric era where there's a war going on between a despotic empire and separatist factions, they join the resistance (which comprises of dinos and men, I remember a T-Rex with red hair shot to pieces and dying standing and a crucified Pterodactyl) and are going through all sorts of adventures. I only remember one of the kids' names, Boss, a badass guy with dark brown hair, about whom I do not remember much else.

Damn, writing all of this, it sure sounds like a... weird scenario and setting.

Griffith

Banned
Star Children 15 (end)

Well that ending sucked. I suppose it's to be expected when a series is cancelled after only 15 chapters.

survivor

Banned
Guys, I need some help.

Back in the late 90's, early 00's, I used to watch this manga as a youngster, but I don't remember its name. I think pretty much everyone who is into manga will know what I am talking about, so here goes:

Bunch of school-children, go on a cruise, their ship is sucked into a time vortex and just like Chrono, they end up in the prehistoric era where there's a war going on between a despotic empire and separatist factions, they join the resistance (which comprises of dinos and men, I remember a T-Rex with red hair shot to pieces and dying standing and a crucified Pterodactyl) and are going through all sorts of adventures. I only remember one of the kids' names, Boss, a badass guy with dark brown hair, about whom I do not remember much else.

Damn, writing all of this, it sure sounds like a... weird scenario and setting.

Could it be Jurassic Tripper?

scy

Ah yes, last page of posts brings a tear to my eye. Yup, it's Mangaf!

Also, good to hear gunbo will be back soon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think I am only one that like Bakuman's ending. Yeah, I agreed with people that they should double the issue pages and show us the wedding but at same time, they left it with simple ending is great. It helped me to imagine what would happens after the chapter ended, since the author simply left the ending to us to imagine.

I think I am only one that like Bakuman's ending. Yeah, I agreed with people that they should double the issue pages and show us the wedding but at same time, they left it with simple ending is great. It helped me to imagine what would happens after the chapter ended, since the author simply left the ending to us to imagine.

Maybe they can show that in the anime, if they keep it up.

upandaway

Fairy Tail

In this week's Fairy Tail, the word "sheath" is on vacation, mermaids are revealed to eat tigers (only sometimes) in the lamest finishing quote ever, and the fight was pretty neat. I like the mermaid a lot.

I guess she'd use the life wager to make her join her guild or something. Or maybe not do anything.

Kreed

Fairy Tail 280:

A female fight in Fairy Tail and absolutely no one had their clothes ripped off/cleavage exposed?!? I am geuinely surprised!

Chapter itself was "eh".

Wiseblade

Sorry, I'll retcon it

imkwAkK59jNOP.gif

Bentles

Silver Spoon

Every single chapter of this is good. Every time I get a laugh out of it. How does a manga about agriculture school get to be this funny and interesting? I don't know but it IS.

Zekes!

Prison School

Wonder what's gonna happen with our hero and pee-master Hana???

Sankarea

Zombies are all fun and games, until one decides to eat your flesh duh

Steroyd

Fairy Tail

Female on female fight and their clothes didn't blow off?

What's this manga, and what did it do to the real Fairy Tail?

Zekes!

The original Lupin III manga is a little confusing to read; doesn't help that I had to start with vol. 3. I think it's mostly a problem with the artwork and paneling though, as most stories seem to be vignettes so far.

upandaway

Sankarea

Rea's reactions are always the best thing.

About Babu, the little thing was a lost cause. No sense in being like that man, it happens. At least he went out like a real zombie!

It's not my fault that I'm not popular

Oh man, I hate when that happens. I've definitely plugged my headphones into the mic jack before.
You're telling me man. My audio jacks are in a place where I can't look, so I always jam it in without looking. I had to block off the mic jack with duct tape. It's crazy.

Fairy Tail
tumblr_m2six2c3EE1rtgfvho1_500.jpg

Now this is what I signed up for with Fairy Tail. Mashima more than made up for last weeks disappointing showcase of unappealing characters I didnt care for by having this fight with a, well unforeseen outcome. Sabertooth needs definitely needs to get it together on the next day as they are losing their touch. Sting needs to make up for his loss. To actually lose even with a golden zodiac key and the 13th summon, makes me feel as if Yukino wasnt at her strongest, or either Kagura's long swordsmanship is just that good?

Finally read back on the thread for the week or so I was gone. Kind of shocked and dejected over it. I mean, I thought I was just a nice guy posting just what I felt about stuff on here. Dont think I ever offended anyone or deserved to be given the troll title just for being cordial. Anyway, will do like I do always and file it away and just continue to be myself.

Guesong

TWGOK

Meh...here's hoping the ending is really worth it cause I find this development kind of meh.

Still, I believe in Wakaki!

survivor

Banned
TWGOK

Meh...here's hoping the ending is really worth it cause I find this development kind of meh.

Still, I believe in Wakaki!

Pretty much how I feel about this chapter.

Finally read back on the thread for the week or so I was gone. Kind of shocked and dejected over it. I mean, I thought I was just a nice guy posting just what I felt about stuff on here. Dont think I ever offended anyone or deserved to be given the troll title just for being cordial. Anyway, will do like I do always and file it away and just continue to be myself.
We still love you DTL

This thread isnt the same without you <3

Prison school 34

Why is she wearing pants? XD
And yes Kyoshi the power of boobs is a wondeful things.

TWGOK

BOOM! I see a ship sinking...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Fairy Tail
tumblr_m2six2c3EE1rtgfvho1_500.jpg

Now this is what I signed up for with Fairy Tail. Mashima more than made up for last weeks disappointing showcase of unappealing characters I didnt care for by having this fight with a, well unforeseen outcome. Sabertooth needs definitely needs to get it together on the next day as they are losing their touch. Sting needs to make up for his loss. To actually lose even with a golden zodiac key and the 13th summon, makes me feel as if Yukino wasnt at her strongest, or either Kagura's long swordsmanship is just that good?

DTL they just hating breh. You cool peoples.

Desmond

Fairy Tail

I didn't say anything bad brah, don't forget it :)

W8G2L.jpg

scy

TWGOK 186 - This is ... the love of a gamer! Also, lol at Haqua randomly in two panels.

Countrouble 29 -
7m6FG.png

But of course! And everyone in this manga is such a troll it's glorious.

...also, adult Sasara. wut.

Sankarea 27 - ohgodshe'sadorable. And plot happened, I guess.

Articalys

TWGOK 186

Going from "I don't love you" to "I adore you", huh? Guess he's got some kind of crazy plan as usual...

Also, I'm bad at remembering details, so what's the most likely thing Tenri said to Diana?

I guess it has been a while. But she's back which means....

there's gonna be some peeing???

Pay back time, Kyoshi is fucked (well he always is)

Kokou no Hito 149-150

Thats some ninja skills to survive the avalanche. And lol at the guy Buntaro finds after that.

Kongou Banchou 80-81

Gouriki Banchou one shoting the Mujun brothers was awesome. Sasori Banchou <3

Kreed

Claymore 125 Extra:

Best Claymore anything in a long time (but that's not saying much). Too bad it was so damn short and not a full chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom