• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just wanted to let you know I loved reading you guys read TLR/TLRD.

Go read Eden! It's an Endless World next.

survivor

Banned
I threw Minamoto-kun in there too for no good reason.

nTA0E.gif

Wiseblade

Now that TLR was such a success for me, time to look for something else to read at ch/d (something episodic and fun if anyone has any suggestions). And anyone (including Wiseblade
if you haven't had enough
) may feel free to join again!

Of course! You can't get rid of me that easily.

upandaway

Go read Eden! It's an Endless World next.
Haly you're a cool dude too but you already know that.

That manga seems heavier than a kilo of feathers though. Not sure I wanna daily it.

Aside from the next ch/d thing I don't think I'll marathon anything for a while either. I'm starting to feel a movement in my gaming-anime-manga obsession cycle (the gaming part of it). I'm good with keeping up with what I have + the March Rainbow Fest till after E3

gunbo13

This sentence just sounds awesome.
Now that TLR was such a success for me, time to look for something else to read at ch/d (something episodic and fun if anyone has any suggestions). And anyone (including Wiseblade
if you haven't had enough) may feel free to join again!
Read Ichigo 100%.

EDIT:
Or Love Collage, DearS, Change 123, Love Hina.

upandaway

This sentence just sounds awesome.

Read Ichigo 100%.

EDIT:
Or Love Collage (ending), DearS, Change 123, Love Hina.
Already did aside from the bolded, some years ago. And I remember Change 123 being in my wishlist at some point, and it isn't now, so I guess I did something and gave up on it (maybe?).

I surprisingly remember a lot about DearS and Love Hina where I basically remember nothing about Yakitate Japan and other stuff. I feel violated by my memory.

A Town Where You Laugh At The Other's Expense 9

Aaaah even Kanzaki is infected !

It's starting to become funny. Like in each chapter Koji Seo has a self-imposed challenge to top himself in this idiocy but without going too much overboard, in order to prolong the...pleasure ?

scy

Hajimete no Aku, volumes 1-4 - None of it seemed familiar so maybe I had this on my planned to read list but never actually got around to it. It's cute and enough meta humor for me. Apparently it drifts away from this romcom structure though. Sad day.

A town where you agonise 14

Taken directly from the scanlation :
pO51X.png

Yeah, right.

Edit : chapter 17
Nope, not dumped, friendzoned, get your vocabulary right !

flawfuls

This is a picture of two manga legends chilling together
Qla3H.jpg

Is Five Star Stories one of these manga that I will never see its ending in my lifetime?
That is very possible. I have no idea what is happening with it. There was some reboot thing for it recently, but I'm not sure what that actually is (a reprint?) Hopefully Nagano starts working on it full time once he is done with his anime.

Dynedom

I think there's a good chance Shonan 14 Days anime will be greenlit sometime in the future.

I haven't read Shonan 14 Days yet. I should work on that.

I'm also starting to lose my patience with stuff like Claymore. It's like month after month of build up and it will all be over in one page half a year later. Maybe I don't have patience or something...

Maybe if they cut out half of the god damn useless banter and explanations. This isn't a weekly shounen for god's sake. >.<

gunbo13

A Town Where You Laugh At The Other's Expense 9

It's starting to become funny. Like in each chapter Koji Seo has a self-imposed challenge to top himself in this idiocy but without going too much overboard, in order to prolong the...pleasure ?
It's not fucking funny. The manga isn't even hilariously bad as that would imply humor. It's just agony and ink.
Hajimete no Aku, volumes 1-4 - None of it seemed familiar so maybe I had this on my planned to read list but never actually got around to it. It's cute and enough meta humor for me. Apparently it drifts away from this romcom structure though. Sad day.
It goes back and forth in pleasant ways. And the humor really kicks up with cast changes. I didn't recommend it on a whim, keep reading.

Yukiji is the best BTW. Her and Momo would make the best team ever.

survivor

Banned
Hanaotoko vol 3 END

Last couple of chapters have been amazing. All these chapters just building up to that moment.

One thing I still never got is why Hanao never joined early on. It said he made unreasonable demands but I must have missed something else.

It's not fucking funny. The manga isn't even hilariously bad as that would imply humor. It's just agony and ink.
Let me enjoy my alternate reading of this work please, it makes it a lot easier.

A Town Where Everyone Looks The Same 20

Well well well the protagonist already met when they were kids ! What's next ? A promise to marry each other when they'll exchange their sacred keys once they see the necklace they both offered to each other after finally getting into Tokyo University ?

And LOL @ Kanzaki. That's some serious trolling right here.

Scum

I haven't read Shonan 14 Days yet. I should work on that.

I'm also starting to lose my patience with stuff like Claymore. It's like month after month of build up and it will all be over in one page half a year later. Maybe I don't have patience or something...

Maybe if they cut out half of the god damn useless banter and explanations. This isn't a weekly shounen for god's sake. >.<

Just do what I do. Let it build up, and then read 'em in batches. Works better that way.

Lain

Lost Seven vol 1
44aceac713957ac7d542edd9e4c7c29cf9418bb2.png

It's basically a weird twist on the Snow White story. Snow White asks the help of 7 guys from the Blai tribe to get her castle back from the evil witch that killed her family and to stop her from using the mirror to summon demons into the world.
It's interesting that this initial plot point gets resolved rather quickly, while what the story focuses on is what happens after because of the actions of the 7 warriors, plus hinting about Snow White having mislead them, though she dies right at the end of the battle...
I've liked the art, though Red Rose looks too much like Snow White imo. I mean, I thought the girl on the cover was Snow White, only to later find out she's Red Rose.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
PRINCE OF TENNIS

I can't... Holy shit, I can't read this.

At first I thought since I like tennis I should probably try reading one of the (apparently) more well known manga series about it... but right now, it is precisely because I like Tennis I just cannot afford to continue reading it.

What the fuck? With these kind of Ninja skills these guys can spank even Federer or Nadal with their hands tied behind their back! Ridiculous.

scy

Medaka Box - 2

f3z3R.png

I thought they would try to make me hate her, but instead she's soooooo hnnnnghhh

And then
you never see her again...well, almost.

PRINCE OF TENNIS

At first I thought since I like tennis I should probably try reading one of the (apparently) more well known manga series about it... but right now, it is precisely because I like Tennis I just cannot afford to continue reading it.

What the fuck? With these kind of Ninja skills these guys can spank even Federer or Nadal with their hands tied behind their back! Ridiculous.

Once you let it go, it's a fun ride just to see the extent of ridiculousness. 10 balls at once? lol np. SHAPESHIFTING! ILLUSIONS!

Guesong

PRINCE OF TENNIS

Psh, if Federer can't do a Federer Zone, it's only because Tezuka is better than him, not because it's not doable!

PRINCE OF TENNIS

Man that is one of the reason i enjoy the show .
I watch and read a fair amount of sports stuff and while it's cool to see it in a realistic setting sometimes .
There are times where i want to see them go crazy will all sort of special skills where impossible shit happens.

survivor

Banned
I have finished compiling a list of manga that I will read once they are over, finish their translations, or I get too weak

Vagabond
Blade of the Immortal (I checked few chapters of this and it has amazing art. Very impressed by it)
Vinland Saga
I am a Hero
Boys on the Run
Kidou Ryodan Hachifukujin
Historie
Dorohedoro
Bartender
March Comes in Like a Lion
Zetman

I started to realize these days that outside of few exceptions, I really don't care much for monthly releases of new manga. I forget what happened last chapter and just stop caring for the whole plot. I will probably just work off the backlog of completed manga and hope by then some of the manga on the list above end.

Also tomorrow marks our first Wednesday of OT5. Happy big 3.

Ahhhh negima finish.

Shame that they didn't have time to get around to the 'save dad' thing.

Still... was a fun ride. Awesome manga with a shitty anime.

ahhh... reading Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

Having only watched the anime a bit... I find the art to be a lot better/consistent here. And Sakura is cute as a button =(

The whole plot is a bit tragic though >.>"

Deadly

ahhh... reading Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

Having only watched the anime a bit... I find the art to be a lot better/consistent here. And Sakura is cute as a button =(

The whole plot is a bit tragic though >.>"
It's probably the most confusing story ever too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom