• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Hunter x Hunter

Is that Pariston to the left of Beyond's minions? Looks like him, but the chapter says he's missing...

Plus a new volume will be releasing next month so cash for that time also :p

I really think i going to stop reading HxH until i see Togashi can go 2 years or so without a break .
I don't think he wants to end it anytime soon but man i feel he just fucking with us with all these breaks since he knows his fan base loyal .

It is a stretch. Kishimoto can't make up his mind on what he wants to do with Sasuke. One chapter he's straight up, "DUN DUN DUN DUN" evil, another he's a just a whiny brat, and now he's an ally of justice. There has been no character development that has caused this change; it just happens, just because. Naruto has always been this way because Kishimoto doesn't know how to write character development.

given his current options i see him helping his bro against Oro 2 as the best one right now. Kinda like an uneasy alliance to get rid of a greater treat and maybe with Itachi's "excuse" being dealt with the Sauce may can get some answers (since Itachi's actions was the one of the reasons the Sauce started to go apeshit anyways).

I really think i going to stop reading HxH until i see Togashi can go 2 years or so without a break .
I don't think he wants to end it anytime soon but man i feel he just fucking with us with all these breaks since he knows his fan base loyal .

Good luck with that. lol, might as well wait until its over.

Seriously though i actually wonder what are his reasons for his hiatuses (nothing too detailed but something at least)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
BABY STEPS

OOOOOO YEAHHHHH this is what I'm talking about! Good manga about tennis that shows the author really knows about what he's talking about!

Awesome, awesome stuff. This manga shows the intricacies of the tennis game well. The techniques, the analysis, the hardwork.... niiiiice.

Now get the fuck out Prince of Tennis.

*Kicks Ryoma off a cliff*

Steroyd

It's Wednesday. Our first wednesday of OT5. Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yay!

Hunter x Hunter spoilers

Good news is that we're seeing Kurapika next week and the manga isn't ending.

Bad news is that we're going on another hiatus. Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-14/hunter-x-hunter-manga-longest-uninterrupted-run-to-end

My body was semi ready for this, but thefirst time still hurts. T_T

Naruto

"Madara realizes that Tsunade can revive herself without using any seals, the same ability that Hashirama had."

"Madara insists that all jutsu are useless against him."

"Sasuke and Itachi team up to stop Kabuto."

http://i.imgur.com/vqAED.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh lordy lord that's going to be a painful read, oh wait [b]new Naruto chapter is out.[/b]

Well naruto is out

EDIT
Naruto
The first page was awesome chibi art .
So Madara troll the 5 Kages by making the fight 5 vs 1 against them .
Then we have some brotherly love o well it could be worst .

Steroyd

Naruto

I knew the first hokage's dna would provide more bullshit. And lol at the 5 kages fighting the Madara clones.

Naruto:

ROFL, Kabuto's about to get murdered. XD And I did laugh at Madara trolling the fuck out of them by sending in five KBs for one Kage.

Naruto

Tsunade can now heal without using justsu..? Guess shes not gonna die then, Sasuke licking the ground Itachi walks on, doesn't he understand once they stop Edo tensei he will disappear and wont be able to talk anymore

Sasuke

Y'know what? This was a pretty decent Naruto chapter from my point of view!

The chibi page it started with looked fun to me, I enjoyed that.
And it's genuinly nice to see Sasuke not be an angsty little brat for once,
his complete emotion-driven "I do what I want" mentality works a lot better
when he does stuff like switching sides on a whim just to talk to his brother.

Final panel of Kabuto is also strangely badass, I can't remember the last time
I looked at Kabuto thinking he could be sort of competent.

Or as Sakura would say it: "Good Kabuto, you look kind of cool!"

Anyway, my expectations for Naruto are generally low, but this is the first chapter in a while
to make me feel like it didn't bore me or piss me off.

side note

I'm not a huge Sasuke fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the prospect of him and Itachi fighting side-by-side after all this time is unexpected and almost sort of exciting.
It's a pretty epic team up I wouldn't have seen coming, so I can approve of it despite my general dislike for Sharingans.

/edit 2

By the way, doesn't Edo Tensei stop when the revived person is struck in a very emotionally heavy way/and or feels like their goals on earth are complete?

Because I feel like Sasuke might accidentally end Itachi's Edo Tensei before Kabuto does if he has any sort of significant development.

smurfx

get some go again
Naruto

Tsunade can now heal without using justsu..? Guess shes not gonna die then, Sasuke licking the ground Itachi walks on, doesn't he understand once they stop Edo tensei he will disappear and wont be able to talk anymore
maybe he wants to kill kabuto so itachi doesn't go away?

One Piece
Law Room size has become huge in the last 2 years .
Things are coming together nicely , Nami group almost escape will have see what happens next and what Luffy group is up to .
Can't wait for next week chapter to see Law and Smoker go at it even if it's going to be a short fight .

smurfx

get some go again
holy crap could law be strong enough to take out smoker? wonder what the hell is going to happen now.

the strawhats. if he didn't really want to help them then he would have let smoker take them. he said he wasn't going to let smoker leave the island.

I think it's not the straw hats that caused the problem, it's the fact that they saw all the kids and surely want to check inside the lab now.

After all, Law himself wasn't previously aware of the Straw Hats either.

One Piece

Did I miss something...Who is Law helping?

I really don't think he is helping anyone , he thought the SH were not there and he did not want smoker to enter the lab .
Now that smoker saw the SH he going to go after them and it looks like law has something to hide from the marines so he going to stop them from leaving the island .

Anteater

One Piece

Shit just got real, I like how silent Law got when everyone just started showing up at his "vacation" house singing and dancing.

His power got really powerful as well, looking forward to how they will fight using their power.

Also if you look at the people froze in that room it look like they got on prison outfits \ or they were prisoners that could be the reason law don't want the marines to enter .

smurfx

get some go again
Also if you look at the people froze in that room it look like they got on prison out fits that could be reason law don't want the marines to enter .
could those guys be the level 6 prisoners that escaped from impel down? when i saw them that is the first thing i thought of. then again they could have been frozen by aokiji and since that part of the island is freezing they never got defrosted. wonder if law is planning on defrosting them and making them join his crew.

could those guys be the level 6 prisoners that escaped from impel down? when i saw them that is the first thing i thought of. then again they could have been frozen by aokiji and since that part of the island is freezing they never got defrosted. wonder if law is planning on defrosting them and making them join his crew.

One of those could be the reason or maybe something else guess we will have to wait and see if they matter at all.

I wonder how exactly the size of a Devil Fruit like Law's is determined? Or how "improving" a DF in general works.

With Luffy we tend to get ideas on how he progresses and discovers new tricks. but something like the size of Law's "Room" seems so ingrained within the actual power.

Maybe Devil Fruits generally get stronger/more impressive as a person's general power increases?

/minor modification

It also seems fairly obvious to me that Law's somehow joined up with the villains. The samurai was running around cutting up the mythological guys, ended up running into law who easily defeated him with his DF.
His body parts ran away but his head was left behind. Law took his head and let the gasmask guys stick him in the prison with the strawhats.

A few of the bigger questions are:

1. Why is law with the lab guys? He's not from the New World, so something must've happened to put him here. (is it perhaps world government business?)

2. Law doesn't want marines in the lab and clearly doesn't want them to leave to tell the story that stuff is going on there. Why? Is it the world government doing stuff they don't want the marines to know?
Or is it a faction seperate from the WG entirely?

3. Some of the enemy designs remind me a lot of Thriller Bark's chimera zombies. We've had a dragon, a harpy, several centaur and several satyr now. However unlike Thriller Bark they seem like the real thing.
Obviously all of these weird guys look fully willing to do their job, so they don't seem like victims of some horrible experiment. This makes me wonder why they're all mythological creatures.
Is it a crazy DF or perhaps one of the experiments conducted on the island?

4. The kids & the giant frozen prisoners are really fascinating. The fact that many of them are giants and the only non-giant we've heard of is the son of some very competent samurai makes me feel like these aren't
just "random" kids. Considering the weird lab setting and the general theme of this arc I could imagine both the kids & frozen prisoners potentially being used for experiments of some sort, but it's hard to speculate
without at least a bit more information.

5. Law's Devil Fruit & medical skills would make him an ideal tool for mad medical science. If the group is WG related I could easily imagine Law was positioned here to aid in whatever crazy things they do.

Either way, lots of questions so far. Curious when we'll start getting more revealing answers to some of them.

One Piece

So good. Law vs Smoker will be awesome. And wow at Law power up.
Those frozen convicts can be them the ones that Law took the heart out?

smurfx

get some go again
remember there is still that gas guy and the guy they call boss. so there is still other forces at play here. for all we know some other big name new world pirate might also be involved.

Bakuman

This is my first Manga that I bought a few weeks ago because I'm a fan of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's work on Death Note (I've only seen the films thus far). I am honestly quite surprised with how I have taken to it and I am glad I went with Bakuman over Death Note since it's nice reading a completely new story. I've only read the first two volumes so far and I think I am going to order the remaining volumes that have been released here in one go.

Great thread and I look forward to finding new stuff to read from it. Subscribed :)

Ive been following Bakuman anime (past where I am in the manga) but all of the early volumes of the manga (have up to 9) have been pretty good and addicting. The cast is for the most part pretty great, Saiko.

Oh their first serialization is still their best one.

scy

The problem is, I don't really like the characters (they are too 'perfect' for my taste). Honest question: is Prince of Tennis actually shoujo manga? Because usually these types of characters I usually associate with shoujo mangas (plus the way Sakuno went oooh aaaah towards Ryoma)

I don't think they mention recent pros by name but they definitely reference a few in the earlier chapters for the basic special shots/skills. You know, back when Prince of Tennis was sort of legitimate.

I think when Tezuka started to actually play is when things went stupid.

Naruto 578
tumblr_m0vkgdJ79A1qcrnx8o1_500.jpg

This chapter oozed epicness. Its like Kishimoto dug deep into the recesses of my dreams, accessed one of them, and realized it in an enhanced and glorious way. Sasuke/Itachi get along so great and their team up will be utterly splendid. Verily, the year for waiting for this moment was definitely worth it. What makes it even better is that, for a time, they are getting over their differences and actually tackling a competent and worthy opponent, Kabuto, the best antagonist in the series. I cant wait to see how the fight goes down. Without a doubt Sasuke has definitely become even more lovable and cool.

On a slightly other note, Tsunade was supposed to be dead, mindblown that she survived that, its like my tears were wasted like that for her to come back. The kage may actually stand a chance!

Articalys

Naruto 578

Enjoyable enough chapter. Madara trolling the Gokage and Itachi's line "this jutsu's weak point is me" were pretty good.
Is it really just these three fights left? I wonder how long we'll ping-pong between them in subsequent chapters. I think Naruto's fight is independent of the rest, but the Uchiha-Kabuto outcome could be used to end the Madara fight via Edo Tensei disabling. We'll see.

One Piece 660

What do Law and the other Straw Hats know about each other? They just ran into each other once at the auction house, right?
Hopefully we'll finally get some real explanation about Room and Law's ability in general.

survivor

Banned
I wonder how exactly the size of a Devil Fruit like Law's is determined? Or how "improving" a DF in general works.

With Luffy we tend to get ideas on how he progresses and discovers new tricks. but something like the size of Law's "Room" seems so ingrained within the actual power.

Maybe Devil Fruits generally get stronger/more impressive as a person's general power increases?

It's like an RPG. The more you use it, the better you get it.

In Law's case, you can also speculate that maybe the room takes a toll on his body so if he improves his stamina, he can expand it more.

Naruto

This fight would be so much more interesting if the stupid flaming skeleton jutsu didn't exist. That ability easily killed all interest I got with Uchiha. Slow, defensive, armor is not what I want out of a ninja manga. Sasuke vs Danzo was easily one of the most boring fights in the manga (with the ending being a bit interesting).

One Piece

Wait... when did Chopper become fat?

Ippo

Gahhh our genius needs to build some umph. His fight is taking forever =O. Would love to watch this animated.

Guesong

Naruto

So like...what possible explanation will Sasuke have to keep on rampaging, when Kabutomaru just revealed Sasuke's body was his prize if he helped Madara, and that Itachi will (hopefully) explains his wishes properly this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom