• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Naruto: F+

All this chapter did was show us how much better suited Orochimaru is to be the main villain of this manga. Fuck Kabuto.

This chapter gets a "+" because of Orochimaru. An F for everything else. Get this loser a Twitter account. Kabuto is a goddamn clown.

Boo Fucking Hoo :)

It automatically gets a C for no Sasuke

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Except Stat actually like The Sauce because "at least he gets things done".
Yeah. Exactly.

Although lately (ever since Itachi showed up) he's been a straight up bitch.

But just think about it. On screen, we've seen Sasuke kill more shit than ANYONE else has in the war. A Black Zetsu. That's one on the kill list, and Sasuke has been in like 1% of the war total? Everyone else? Either talking or "sealing". Gtfo. Sasuke doesn't "seal". He kills bitch.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Naruto: F+

All this chapter did was show us how much better suited Orochimaru is to be the main villain of this manga. Fuck Kabuto.

This chapter gets a "+" because of Orochimaru. An F for everything else. Get this loser a Twitter account. Kabuto is a goddamn clown.

I'm fucking dying man

Desmond

Yeah. Exactly.

Although lately (ever since Itachi showed up) he's been a straight up bitch.

But just think about it. On screen, we've seen Sasuke kill more shit than ANYONE else has in the war. A Black Zetsu. That's one on the kill list, and Sasuke has been in like 1% of the war total? Everyone else? Either talking or "sealing". Gtfo. Sasuke doesn't "seal". He kills bitch.
Sasuke is a knob.
The seals are needed. How can you kill something that's already dead, bucko?

Technically, it does have a Sasuke.

Yeah but he doesn't do anything.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Sasuke is a knob.
I agree. Sasuke is a knob and he still gets more shit done than the MC. Naruto is so SOFT. He makes me think of flowers and shit yo

Like forreal. This dude is talking bout sunshine and shit to the Raikage while the dude is talking about how they're killing machines. He's giving daps to the kings of evil while in the Kyuubi's HEART. This dude is like the epitome of soft yo. I know waifus harder than this guy. Serious yo.

The seals are needed. How can you kill something that's already dead, bucko?
Izanagi. Who can do that shit? SASUKE.

Izanami. Who can do that shit? ITACHI.

WHO can stop Edo Tensei? That's right. UCHIHAS.

Well if i remember right you can't kill the Edo Tensei guys so Sasuke would have to be doing the same thing everyone else is doing.
Plus most of Sasuke kills were bitch kills anyway :)

EDIT wait were was it said that Izanagi and Izanami can kill them.

Articalys

Naruto 584

The best thing about this chapter was revealing that Orochimaru had a goddamn secret island fortress, or at least something similar. Or did we know that before?

Desmond

I agree. Sasuke is a knob and he still gets more shit done than the MC. Naruto is so SOFT. He makes me think of flowers and shit yo

Like forreal. This dude is talking bout sunshine and shit to the Raikage while the dude is talking about how they're killing machines. He's giving daps to the kings of evil while in the Kyuubi's HEART. This dude is like the epitome of soft yo. I know waifus harder than this guy. Serious yo.

Izanami. Who can do that shit? ITACHI.

WHO can stop Edo Tensei? That's right. UCHIHAS.

I don't mind Naruto being Soft. It always irks me to see MCs killing etc. Doesn't sit well with me.

wtf are 'daps' ? Yankee slang? lol

I can't breathe

Don't hyperventilate HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Steroyd

I don't mind Naruto being Soft. It always irks me to see MCs killing etc. Doesn't sit well with me.

I don't mind protagonists with the live and let live mentality, but Naruto's on another level he's strong enough to destroy the planet with his finger, and he wants to sit down sip some tea and chat his opponents into submission.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ichigo (and Luffy, to that extent) haven't killed a soul (minus Ginjou, but he isn't really a character anyway)...do you see them pouring their hearts out to their enemies? That shit be killing ME son.

Why the dude have to know about his enemies hearts and shit? I mean, I know Ichigo be reflecting on dudes with his "oh why was his sword so lonely" bullshit but I mean, he did that shit after ol' boy was locked and sealed away. He wasn't crying to Aizen about homeboys solitude when he still had to kill the dude you know?

And this, you won't get, but at some point in One Piece Luffy had to confront the Top Dawg (warden) of the biggest prison during a prison break Luffy was doing. But we ain't see the dude asking the warden "DAMN MAN, you be locking up hella dudes DAILY! How does that make you feel though! SHIT!" nah man he just was trying to fuck dude up.

Naruto on the other hand be emotional and shit. That ain't cool man. Since when do dudes have to know the names of their enemies thats already dead and shit?

Soft.

K5vZW.jpg

Naruto 584

The best thing about this chapter was revealing that Orochimaru had a goddamn secret island fortress, or at least something similar. Or did we know that before?

maybe not the island fortress itself but it was shown and said that he always had places all over to do his shit.

One piece

So Magellan got a downgrade then (yikes at his face)

Well most big shonen stars don't really kill much to tell the truth if we not counting fodder.
I not counting DB since getting kill in that not really a big deal lol .

One Piece

Man Magellan got messed up during the escape, I really wonder what or who injured him like that.

Chapter was okay, sort of feels like a transition chapter. Wonder what those two giant blokes are.

Tobe

Bleach

so the vandenreich decide to go in a big ass spaceship to SS? that aint smart, but then again its good to do a grand entrance.

oh the and 4 eyes has a crap "holy form", def looked like a half assed drag queen.

Face? The whole left side of him is fucked, look at his wings and horns.

Yea i saw that but his face was what grabbed me first.

Bleach

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT KUBO with your page use and now to wait until next week.

Is this guy implying that Ishida might be not honest/a traitor to Ichigo and crew? I guess it would go with that pic when the arc just started.

plus interesting form given the Angel motif its attempting to pull off.

Bleach
Looking forward to seeing Ishida going bankai lol , seem like he may have something to do with all of this even if he not know it yet .
Arc is going good so far .

Jexemad

Bleach.

That guy's super saiyan mode is fucking swag!

And what did he meant saying it's impossible for Ishida's bow to be weaker than his?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: C+

Why the fuck was this chapter so goddamn short? LAME.

Anyway, other than minimal action, we learn just a couple of important things:

Ichigo is just one of five "special war potentials"...wtf?

Opie (and the "Vandenreich"?) know about Ishida. This is goddamn interesting, even more interesting is that Opie says that "it's impossible" that Uryu's Arrow's could be weaker than his. It's important that Ichigo said "But then again I haven't fought him in a while..."

Just these things are major implications for Ishida's character going forward. Also, that fucking Angel mode is like "I JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK"

Dem hooker boots yo.

And then, the VR are already in SS. Awesome that that's not taking long, but it doesn't make up for the length.

Tobe

Bleach
Looking forward to seeing Ishida going bankai lol , seem like he may have something to do with all of this even if he not know it yet .
Arc is going good so far .

im betting vandenreich had some kind of bugs inside ishida since the beginning, im pretty impressed that mayuri did find the connection sooner. considering that he must have seen the fight with his father, why wouldnt he look more into it?

ishida may not know the whole big picture but im sure his father knew about it.

im betting vandenreich had some kind of bugs inside ishida since the beginning, im pretty impressed that mayuri did find the connection sooner. considering that he must have seen the fight with his father, why wouldnt he look more into it?

ishida may not know the whole big picture but im sure his father knew about it.

Yeah i expect his father to have a better idea about what going on than him unless he part of the group .

@Stat it really has been a good while since Ichigo fought with Ishida counting just the time skip it would be a year and a half and since the fight happen at start of the manga it must be over 2 years since the fought .

Wiseblade

One Piece

iFDtR2b5yUl0t.gif

What happened to Magellan? And he's taking orders from hanyabal? Maybe they fought for leadership and Magellan somehow lost.

More "Sanji in Nami's body" shenanigans are always welcome. Robin telling Franky to never talk in Chopper's body was hilarious too.

Chopper getting so worked up over something is really interesting to see. This is the second arc in a row to feature drug and dependency upon them as a plot point. Maybe there's a trend developing here...

Khezu

Uh pretty sure he can't since he doesn't have wood dudes face attached to his junk. Also that's a defensive jutsu that helps you not die, it wouldn't stop a edo.

Naruto
With the amount of useless flashbacks kabuto is getting hes pretty much fucked, probably be one paneled the second hes back on screen, then itachi will disappear with out saying anything to sasuke and then he will cry about it for 5 chapters and decide to take it out on naruto.

Naruto

I liked this chapter. It answered a lot of questions. Goodbye Kabuto.

Bleach

Very good and short chapter. The implication that Uryuu is powerful means that he might have learned how to be a full quincy. The other 3 special targets must be Ryuuken, Isshin and Uryuu. That leaves one obscure. I would bet on Urahara or Aizen.

Ichigo grabbing the holly arrow like a boss and throwing it back at him reminds me when Hollow Ichigo ripped Ulquiorra´s arm and threw it at him.

Big One

Banned
Naruto G

Ugh I just woke up and the first thing I did this morning (BEFORE I took a shit) was read Narutu. So I just read the entire chapter, in a slow and sleepy process, and this shit...fucking sucks. This is abysmal. You may think that I'm saying, "Yo Oro is a G." but nope it's a G, LOWER than an F. This is the lowest score I've given YET.

Seeing Kabuto in this chapter makes you wish for more scenes where Sasuke is jacking it off with Naruto. His entire story is crap as is the whole TWEEST that it turned out it was his mom (or some shit) was trying to kill him this entire time is even worse than crap; it's putrid donkey shit. Any amount of small amount of care I had for Kabuto in previous chapters went completely down the drain this chapter. Fuck Oro, fuck Sasuke, fuck Danzo, fuck Kabuto's mom, FUCK KABUTO.

I'm dropping this...

till the next chapter is released.

smurfx

get some go again
One Piece

iFDtR2b5yUl0t.gif

What happened to Magellan? And he's taking orders from hanyabal? Maybe they fought for leadership and Magellan somehow lost.
naw magellan probably stepped down as warden because he failed. he wanted to die because he failed so him stepping down isn't surprising.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wow, MS's translation of the latest Bleach chapter makes things a lot more clear.

"Ishida's bows are weaker than mine? That's strange. It shouldn't be."

"What?"

"Oops. I spoke too much."

Ishida...what the fuck did you do bro. I'm thinking Buckbeard's name hasn't been revealed yet because it'll be Ishida _____....

Big One

Banned
One Piece C+

Good chapter, though I wish more happened in it (very slow paced compared to the last few chapters). I'm curious to what direction Oda going to take the drug addiction thing.

Bleach C

Wtf @ transformation? So weird. Solid chapter, though I'm curious what exactly he meant when he was talking about Ishida. Ishida becoming aware of the fact that there were other Quincies this entire time would be freaking terrible as a retcon.

One Piece

Mad scientist is mad. I think he wants to produce artificial giants through drugs, poor kids.

I liked Franky in Chopper body. I hope those brothers are really cool.

Bleach

Nice action packed chapter, lots of german words. Shit will get real soon.

Kabuto

Yay, the flashback is over.

Aunt Tits

I would love to have that training.

What's that ''Bleach Missing Link'' thing?
From another forum:

Finally some new information about the upcoming Bleach novels by Narita, the person behind Durarara and Baccano among others.

"It is Shounen Jump's release date and information on the Bleach novel is contained in it, but let me supplement it.

The story of the '8th generation Kenpachi', and the 'story in connection to Mayuri' are contents which are in my novel, as for Matsubara san's (although I cannot reveal the details of which from my own mouth) it seems to be a story with a different content. I am also excited about Matsubara san's writing for the 17 unknown months!

Incidentally, I have revealed some various keywords but it is not a collection of short stories, but rather about one big incident. The stage I was able to write, adding the few paged scenes include: All of Karakura chou, Seireitei, 8th underground prison (eternal -Aizen prison-), Rukongai, HM desert, Las Nochces, Dangai (Senkaimon and Garganta).

And of course, the main character is Don Kanonji! For the other appearing characters aside from 8th Gen Kenpachi and Mayuri, I will be happy if you wait for further report. When I asked the person-in-charge, he/she said that what I can reveal is only up to this point. 'Isn't it weird that the 8th Gen is alive?' For the answer to these kinds of questions, please read the book!

Also, it was put as an announcement in Jump but what I wrote is also part of the '17 months, from when Kurosaki Ichigo lost his powers to before he meets Ginjou'. I will be happy if you will imagine this to be what happened between volume 48 and volume 49."
Narita san tweeted new info regarding his novel.
It is going to be called "Spirits are Forever with You", and it seems that there's going to be two volumes for it consisting of 700 to 800 pages all in all. He hopes it will be a worthy read according to the size of the book and he will report again once the release date is settled
That arrancar that was supposed to be dead revives from Hell!?

The publisher's summary also says it's a male Espada.

gunbo13

It wasn't really canceled by outside factors, he ended it because he didn't know where to go with it (he even admitted a grounded MC was a dumb idea).
bywFw.png

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

five chapters in and I really hate this manga like no other. Amazing how the two leads--brother/sister--are huge self-inserts who are ready to fuck each other. That's like the Voltron of Mary Sues.

The thought of there inevitably being an anime nauseates me. My only hope is that this post serves as a warning to my Mangaf brethren, a lighthouse if you will, in the sea of Japanese comics.
It's working, the lighthouse is guiding me. Just not in the desired way.
KIMI NO IRU MACHI

wow I literally read nonstop 180 chapters of this over the last 2 days. This is the first manga that's really hooked me as deep as I''s I fucking love it. I smiled, I daw'd, I raged, I felt great sadness, cheered at one point. IT'S GOOD
I don't get it.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece

Can Luffy punch Crown in the face now? Because fuck that guy.

Zoro once again getting owned to demonstrate the power of a villain.

Franky Chopper is hysterical.

Bleach

Damn this arc is moving FAST.

It'll still take years though.

Naruto

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
One Piece: C

Ugh. This was kind of a chore to read. Also, as much as I love Law, this is starting to make me like him less.

Bah, whatever, I'm sure things are gonna get rolling soon.

Wtf happened to Zoro though? And this Ceasar guy? Fuck this loser.

Bleach

When Opie talks about Ishida it makes me believe that Buckbeard is an Ishida, because Uryuu should not be weaker than Opie. At least that´s how i interpreted it.

one piece

Magellan probably got demoted for failing in his duties.

Sai

I wish Tsugomomo was gettin' more love. I remember lookin' through the raw mag scans of it years ago, and it's still up to only chapter 13?... ._.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

five chapters in and I really hate this manga like no other. Amazing how the two leads--brother/sister--are huge self-inserts who are ready to fuck each other. That's like the Voltron of Mary Sues.

The thought of there inevitably being an anime nauseates me. My only hope is that this post serves as a warning to my Mangaf brethren, a lighthouse if you will, in the sea of Japanese comics.

mZKAf.png
But it was a joke, of course. :p

I'm still interested in it. I like the magic 'n technology medley(even if other manga do a better job of it), and I don't completely dislike the protagonist. I'm just hoping it doesn't stray too far into romcom/harem territory, which is why I asked if anybody's read any summaries of the light novels released thus far.

Speakin' of light novels, I read a summary of the BokuTomo volume that hasn't been translated yet, and Rika is mah hero~

upandaway

One Piece

Mad scientist is mad. I think he wants to produce artificial giants through drugs, poor kids
There's also that thing about the kid potentially being stronger than a real giant kid. They weren't really sure if he was supposed to be that strong.

So yeah I think you're onto something there.

Yotsuba&

Man I wish we had those kinds of bird formations around here. Even in the ideal time of year all I get is those nonsensical heap of hundreds of them flying together like dumbasses.

And Azuma is a meanie (*ahem* excuse my profane language there, I was getting emotional) for this amount of content

Naruto
tumblr_m370lqaOjb1rnbh24o1_500.png

Kishimoto delivered what I was looking for out of the flashback. The deceit of the ninja world even affects the antagonists. Although it seemed to waste one of Lord Orochimaru's bodies during that tense moment, filling in that role for Kabuto seemed to develop him well. Seeing Suigetsu and that glimpse of Sasuke was a nice touch to that montage.

Back to the present, hopefully he manages to survive the onslaught from Sasuke/Itachi and returns another day. The flashback really makes one want to hope that Kabuto can find himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom