• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Yumekui Merry 46

Yumeji breakdown and bounce back in the same chapter. Even when nothing of importance happens, gotta love the facial expressions and enthusiasm.
I feel like Yoshitaka Ushiki is a really underrated mangaka; he's got great art skills and style, really dynamic poses and fight scenes. They need to give this series a second chance at an anime with a competent studio.

Also, that punch and the whole rest of that scene on the rooftop was awesome.

dumbyugi

Code Breaker

Just fucking tell me about December 32 already. Fuck.

Yumekui Merry

Even when nothing exciting happens this is a great series. I love the artstyle and the expressions that the characters make. I just wish it came out more often.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventures part 1

I finally decided to start reading this and holy shit is it good. The begining was a little slow but once the first time skip happened it became fantastic. The only character I didn't care for was Speedwagon and from the little I've read of part 2 he seems to be in that too so that's abit annoying. Dio and Zepelli were easily the best characters though Jojo was pretty cool as well.

I'm not the biggest fan of the artstyle but some of the fashions were pretty damn nice. I love the poses used and I thought that the fights were well drawn and easy to follow which suprised me a bit because I thought the art was a bit messy in some of the non-action scenes.

I've only read the first volume and a bit of volume 2 of part 2 so far but I'm looking foward to reading more. This Jojo seems alot better then the first so far, so I'm looking foward to that.

upandaway

Uh-oh, Jump ToC's out already. It really looks like an early-early leak. Joy.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventures part 1

I finally decided to start reading this and holy shit is it good. The begining was a little slow but once the first time skip happened it became fantastic. The only character I didn't care for was Speedwagon and from the little I've read of part 2 he seems to be in that too so that's abit annoying. Dio and Zepelli were easily the best characters though Jojo was pretty cool as well.

I'm not the biggest fan of the artstyle but some of the fashions were pretty damn nice. I love the poses used and I thought that the fights were well drawn and easy to follow which suprised me a bit because I thought the art was a bit messy in some of the non-action scenes.

I've only read the first volume and a bit of volume 2 of part 2 so far but I'm looking foward to reading more. This Jojo seems alot better then the first so far, so I'm looking foward to that.
The ending of part 1 is so crazy. I think that was the "okay this is a thing" moment I had when I first read Jojo.

The entire thing about Dio finally acknowledging Jojo, man. That was some crazy stuff.

You're gonna love part 2.

scy

I've been reading Yandere Kanojo the last couple days and I've been enjoying it a lot. For some reason I find Manabu's stoicism to be really funny

So good.

But I didn't train in that... The sage of retconning must be elsewhere. I may need 3 weeks this time.

Well, once you train it then you can just change that 3 weeks to any other amount of time you want.

dumbyugi

The ending of part 1 is so crazy. I think that was the "okay this is a thing" moment I had when I first read Jojo.

The entire thing about Dio finally acknowledging Jojo, man. That was some crazy stuff.

You're gonna love part 2.

The ending of part 1 was fantastic. Everything that happened was a suprise for me, for once. Usally when I start a series I read a plot summary or something, but with Jojo the only thing I knew about it was a few character names and that each part had a different Jojo. So even when it's revealed that the stone mask turns people into vampires, something I assume would be mentioned in a summary, I was actually shocked.

upandaway

The edning of part 1 was fantastic. Everything that happened was a suprise for me, for once. Usally when I start a series I read a plot summary or something, but with Jojo the only thing I knew about it was a few character names and that each part had a different Jojo. So even when it's revealed that the stone mask turns people into vampires, something I assume would be mentioned in a summary, I was actually shocked.
Really? You should just ask us instead of doing that summary thing. You don't need that stuff man.

Going into series blind is the best thing ever. Most of the time I don't even know things that are revealed in the first few pages (usually the first sentence of a summary). There are some duds, but whatever, you're gonna find out if it's a dud within the first half of the ch1 anyway.

dumbyugi

Really? You should just ask us instead of doing that summary thing. You don't need that stuff man.

Going into series blind is the best thing ever. Most of the time I don't even know things that are revealed in the first few pages (usually the first sentence of a summary). There are some duds, but whatever, you're gonna find out if it's a dud within the first half of the ch1 anyway.

I've actually started reading quite a few series based on what people in this thread have said about them, I would never have read Biscuit Hammer or Hayate without reading this thread, but it's easier to just read a short summary then ask here. At least for me anyway.

Besides Jojo the only other series I've ever gone into blind was Magi, so this was before mangaf started talking about it.

upandaway

Shaman King (lolend + 285-286)

You'd think I would have remembered it when it was this funny. Suddenly, princess! Dream! No actual ending! And Manta of all people! What the hell, man.

I sure love non-endings. They're my favorite smell.

And then Manta wakes up, Anna gets furiously inappropriate anime eyes, and things basically continue where they left off. I didn't remember the old ending, but I never even read the new one, so this is totally blind now.

gunbo13

Negima (END)

-My reads are retcon. /always-LTTP

Oh shit, I slept for hundreds of years. Plot-hole, gravestones, and flying cars. Fuck, here comes the ass-pull. Time travel. *ZIP*. Back to everyone with hugs. 600 e-mails to Negi with promises of no rape. Daddy's back and a big off-screen epic battle transpired! Negi was <3 on the eternal loli but had no game to grow into a pedo. Time-skip, boobs, fucking hard-boiled magic shit, and a bunch of character paragraphs.

What a piece of shit.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
oh cool gunbo's back.

I need to catch up on manga, been traveling for the last 2 weeks.

I feel like Yoshitaka Ushiki is a really underrated mangaka; he's got great art skills and style, really dynamic poses and fight scenes. They need to give this series a second chance at an anime with a competent studio.

Also, that punch and the whole rest of that scene on the rooftop was awesome.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the anime when it was following the manga, so after the anime jumped the shark I went back and checked out the manga and really liked it, I love the mangaka's art and ability to depict action. It's good to see more appreciation for Yumekui in here. :)

gunbo13

Well, once you train it then you can just change that 3 weeks to any other amount of time you want.
I just pulled a Negima and traveled back after 3 weeks. Sage of retcon retconned our training to already be complete and I never left. But I'm feeling way to Beelzebub with these training arcs so I'm going to shift to flashbacks. So I just read this manga called Minamoto-kun Monogatari...

You reading Sore wa Totsuzen? Moe in the latest chapter will make you keel over.

Big One

Banned
No one heard about the leaked One Piece spoiler?

Trans (part 1):
Zoro, Sanji, and Brook search for the Samurai, who disappeared at some point in search of his torso.
All of a sudden, the particularly large kids are in a lot of pain.
Apparently all the kids were always given "candy" during the tests, and it's suspected that that kept them happy. [correction by Aohige ;D]
Brownbeard criticizes the crew, saying "The kids are in pain because they haven't received treatment today,"
but Chopper flips out and objects, holding a test tube in his hand (with some sort of test results).
He detects a very small amount of stimulant in the kids' bodies.
On top of this, the giant kids seem to go crazy and start rampaging, so with no other option, Usopp uses his Sleep Star to put them down.
The giant kids were all normal size when initially brought to the island.
It seems as though they were turned giant size while on the island. Chopper suspects Master's experiments are to blame.
(to be continued)

Trans (part 2):
Scene change: Zoro's search party
Zoro, Brook, and Nami (really, Sanji) are collapsed on the snow. There are some giant footprints nearby.
Scene change again: The Lab
Law and Caesar are talking
Law has brought Smoker's heart as a gift, and says "What about Strawhat ya?"
"You might say I've overdone it, but I've sent those two." "The Snow Mountain Hitmen- Yeti COOL BROTHERS"
Chapter ends with a shot of these two from behind. They seem to be twin giants, from the size of the footprints, and they've got guns strapped to their backs.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I don't care about children.

I wanted to see more Law-Luffy shit. Law is kind of a douche right now. I want to see what he's really doing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Negima (END)

-My reads are retcon. /always-LTTP

Oh shit, I slept for hundreds of years. Plot-hole, gravestones, and flying cars. Fuck, here comes the ass-pull. Time travel. *ZIP*. Back to everyone with hugs. 600 e-mails to Negi with promises of no rape. Daddy's back and a big off-screen epic battle transpired! Negi was <3 on the eternal loli but had no game to grow into a pedo. Time-skip, boobs, fucking hard-boiled magic shit, and a bunch of character paragraphs.

What a piece of shit.

He's apparently planning to jump ship from Kodansha and write the rest of it somewhere else.

Kongou Banchou 82

Bungaku Banchou is creepy.

Choujin Gakuen 11-12

LOL that villain coming from nowhere.

And next chapter, shout no jutsu to win lol. Also I liked the boob jokes.

Vinland Saga

This chapter has quenched my manga thirst for this week. Amazing chapter. Gardar killed a man with one bite.

Freezing

The cherry on top for this golden week. Chiffon is not human. I still love her. Damn, the Freezing chronicles showed what a monster she is.
Does anybody here read Nurarihyon no Mago?

Yes.

I wanted to see more Law-Luffy shit. .

tumblr_m0vtw2vVHF1qebmgqo1_500.jpg

goddammit dtl

here i was dropping by after a hard day to see what my beloved manga brethren were doing and what do i find

this shit

this fucking shit

upandaway

Haikyuu

"The Windy.. Gale!!" hahaha

I don't even know what a middle blocker is, but oh well.

Regarding the king and his game, what the hell. They really just left the court because they hated him? Couldn't they kick him out instead? In the middle of a match? Holy shit.

Go read the latest chapter of Freezing. NAO. You are going to looooove it.

I read the first chapter of Freezing and stopped right after that. Can't take blatant fan-service like this, regardless of how good it is. Same with Negima. Mashima tricked me, by the time I noticed, I was already in too deep in FT :(

Griffith

Banned
Crimsons 1-5

The water fleas at the beginning of each chapter are great.

Pretty fun so far, though I do wonder if it'll stay interesting once the novelty of it wears off.

survivor

Banned
I read the first chapter of Freezing and stopped right after that. Can't take blatant fan-service like this, regardless of how good it is. Same with Negima. Mashima tricked me, by the time I noticed, I was already in too deep in FT :(

You should have stopped the moment you saw its writer.

I only started reading it because i was looking for a strong female main character. Some of the plot is down right offensive and shit. But i got attached to some of the characters, so i continue reading it. Mashima fooled everyone, well most people.

gunbo13

Go read the latest chapter of Freezing. NAO. You are going to looooove it.
I'm 10 chapters back but should catch up this weekend.
Yea right but I'll try.
You should have known the moment you saw its writer.
I think that works a bit better.

IM Dal-Young actually has two pretty good series with Legend of Maian and Onihime Vs. You guys just aren't reading those. Legend of Maian is especially good as a simple fantasy thrill ride. It plays to IM Dal's strength which is shitty, shallow writing. Though going Star Wars with Fenix's stupid ass brother has me raging right now. *throws PSP*
No, I retired from manga after finishing Usagi Drop.
Just read Anedoki and Kono S o, Mi yo to reverse the tide. It's all good as long as the sexes are flipped. That shota love.

survivor

Banned
Naruto spoilers

fucking flashbacks

Just read Anedoki and Kono S o, Mi yo to reverse the tide. It's all good as long as the sexes are flipped. That shota love.
eewww

Hammer Mermaid!

I was catching up on this and by catching up, I mean fapping, but I think the dude got over his water fears in the last chapter?

gunbo13

Everybody loves an older onee-san. Kono Oneesan wa Fiction would the ultimate male fantasy version of this. In HS, hot older female, lives in your house, mom is oblivious, all over you, etc... Except for some reason she is a virgin...meh.
Hammer Mermaid!

I was catching up on this and by catching up, I mean fapping, but I think the dude got over his water fears in the last chapter?
lol At you reading this. The fear of water was just the opening arc. Now we move on to the MC's fear of animals. He now has to go to the local zoo and sleep with all the hot zoo keepers.

Everybody loves an older onee-san. Kono Oneesan wa Fiction would the ultimate male fantasy version of this. In HS, hot older female, lives in your house, mom is oblivious, all over you, etc... Except for some reason she is a virgin...meh.

lol At you reading this. The fear of water was just the opening arc. Now we move on to the MC's fear of animals. He now has to go to the local zoo and sleep with all the hot zoo keepers.

I think i found something new to read

scy

And Dresden is back? This week keeps getting better and better!

You reading Sore wa Totsuzen? Moe in the latest chapter will make you keel over.

Haven't kept up, looks like I'll get on this later today~

You guys have changed, man

Smut never changes.

Hot older nee-sans can only be virgins. It's a requirement. Don't you know how this shit works?!

Also applies to imoutos, childhood friends, reincarnated goddesses, angels, devils, demons, eldritch abominations, neighbors, teachers, bosses, idols, ...

He now has to go to the local zoo and sleep with all the hot zoo keepers.

Best solutions? Best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom