• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

Banned
One Piece

What the fuck, that really sucks that Magellan was demoted to Vice Warden. He should be out hunting down all the escaped prisoners, not serving under Hannyabal.

gunbo13

Bleach (ch489-490)

Mayuri just doesn't give a fuck. Total boss and Yamamoto's true master. Also, for some reason I now like when the VC's talk and not the captains. There's no good back and forth with the captains right now.

Kubo also has been watching too much Hellsing Ultimate. Nazis, German, and air ship invasions. I think the entire direction for the quincy is terrible. I had such a better impression of them before and now they seem like just a bunch of misguided tyrants. Before, they were a group with differing ideals to ss and a collision was the result. You could say that this is probably a rogue sect and Ishida is like a true blood. Yet, since these are the quincy getting screen time, then that's how they will get labeled. And they are pretty awful. Don't care, should have went with a straight royal guard / soul king arc and not this.

Wiseblade

One Piece

zzzz boring medicine shit

iftBpXe7TYQh9.gif

I swear, between this and liking reburst...

Bleach 490
tumblr_m37073VHX61rpccmgo1_500.jpg

Sternenritter moving forward to Soul Society, which happened to fortunately last chapter mobilize is keeping things intense over there.

I am enjoying the fight with Kirge. Ichigo blocked those heirich pfeil with perfect accuracy as well as using my favorite getsuga tenshou. My favorite panel in it. Kirge with the letzt stil and then forstendich will be so good to see defeated next chapter. One minor thing, I wonder if this means Ishida will finally get some powerup this arc.

Bleach

I do like how base ichigo is barehanding attacks from a guy who easily defeated three fraccion.

I don't think Kirge really has much of a chance of putting up a strong fight even in final form since Ichigo can still put his zanpaktou to use, and there is bankai.

Yo Gotti

Banned
One Piece

WTF. There's no way both Zoro and Brook lost to 2 giants with goddamn wooden clubs. They area didn't look like a Zoro battle took place at all either.

Something's up.

Kusagari

Naruto:

Fuck this fight, fuck this flashback, fuck Kabuto, fuck this manga. This shit is horrid.

One Piece:

Kind of a blah chapter. I hope things start to get rolling next chapter.

Bleach:

Opie's new form looks dumb. As for the Ishida comment, I'm wondering about it. I don't necessarily think that Opie was implying Ishida was on their side. I'm guessing that Ishida is actually Quincy royalty, and Opie doesn't believe he could be stronger than a royal.

Bleach (ch489-490)

Mayuri just doesn't give a fuck. Total boss and Yamamoto's true master. Also, for some reason I now like when the VC's talk and not the captains. There's no good back and forth with the captains right now.

Kubo also has been watching too much Hellsing Ultimate. Nazis, German, and air ship invasions. I think the entire direction for the quincy is terrible. I had such a better impression of them before and now they seem like just a bunch of misguided tyrants. Before, they were a group with differing ideals to ss and a collision was the result. You could say that this is probably a rogue sect and Ishida is like a true blood. Yet, since these are the quincy getting screen time, then that's how they will get labeled. And they are pretty awful. Don't care, should have went with a straight royal guard / soul king arc and not this.

Actually the war will have a huge on the SS, that´s when the RG will interfere. That´s the only way for the RG to interfere. They did not with Aizen. So the consequence of this war has cost a life and will be much higher.

gunbo13

Actually the war will have a huge on the SS, that´s when the RG will interfere. That´s the only way for the RG to interfere. They did not with Aizen. So the consequence of this war has cost a life and will be much higher.
Maybe. But I would have preferred an uprising from the true quincies and not some tyrannical idiot. Aizen was a good antagonist due to his calculating and waste-not nature. He was power lust but it was all about his methods. This shit is just stale in comparison. It makes sense to not retread for Aizen3.0 but there are better archetypes out there. I would have loved to see the quincy true blood stage a calculated attack for whatever reasons that can be hacked in. Ishida is called to arms in conflict with his friendship, a cool-headed leader of the quincy (along with Ishida's father) who is pushing ideals and not power lust. It would have been a breath of fresh air. But no, instead we get a "oh shit, a guy I forgot to kill" Nazi overlord who adds a shit stigma to an interesting set of people in the Bleach-verse.

It's just not a good setup even if you bring out all the mysteries of ss.

Tizoc

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, Vol. 35 (now with less DUWANG)
uxFB2.png

Decided to go back and reread the JoJo series starting from Part 4 onwards. I personally think Araki's 'body' designs for characters were MUCH better in 3, but his art is still astounding.
Just finishing up the encounter with Kishibe Rohan, looking forward to seeing Kira and the epic
Jan-ken-pon battle

Air Gear 49 - 81
tumblr_m37ajpl7dY1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Behemoth arc was pretty good. Only thing I disliked was the defeat of Kazu there in the cube fights but easily forgiven based on the overall outcome. Agito development and some backstory with the tag team up and defeat was nice. Hopefully he and Ikki can team up more in the future. Writer sure likes random Gundam (turn a, some zazu) and Hajime Ippo references. Enthusiastic tv box announcer guy must return, and the G wind people need to be defeated eventually. Ought to have started this series much earlier.

PK Gaming

iftBpXe7TYQh9.gif

I swear, between this and liking reburst...

Haha, survivor's taste in manga has always been pedestrian, he's just good at pretending that he isn't. Still, not liking this One Piece chapter (especially considering how fucking sad it was in the long haul) deserves a "wtf is wrong with you slap"

One Piece:
I'm glad to see Chopper's resolve showing. It looks like this should be a very good arc for him. He's needed some serious development for awhile, so I'm glad that it seems like Oda is going in that direction.

Naruto:
More Kabuto is always a good thing. I've really enjoyed these last few chapters, and it's nice to see a lot of Orochimaru, too.

Hajime no Ippo:
Fuck you Morikawa you fucking piece of shit. We spend like an entire goddamn year on fucking Itagaki's fight while you fap into the pages, and Kimura loses off screen? What the fuck is this shit? Mashiba's appearance was the only good part of this chapter.

upandaway

One Piece:
I'm glad to see Chopper's resolve showing. It looks like this should be a very good arc for him. He's needed some serious development for awhile, so I'm glad that it seems like Oda is going in that direction.
I thought this way in Thriller Bark but it ended up not being a big deal, so hopefully this time will be different

Haha, survivor's taste in manga has always been pedestrian, he's just good at pretending that he isn't. Still, not liking this One Piece chapter (especially considering how fucking sad it was in the long haul) deserves a "wtf is wrong with you slap"
Wut? The pace is very slow, and most of these info are useless. It reminds me of the current explanation in FI arc. Long and mostly useless.

Lain

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

five chapters in and I really hate this manga like no other. Amazing how the two leads--brother/sister--are huge self-inserts who are ready to fuck each other. That's like the Voltron of Mary Sues.

The thought of there inevitably being an anime nauseates me. My only hope is that this post serves as a warning to my Mangaf brethren, a lighthouse if you will, in the sea of Japanese comics.

mZKAf.png

So I should get to reading it? Thanks for the suggestion bro!

KHR 382/383
tumblr_m3783bXKBo1qckh5uo1_500.jpg

The ultimate 6996 chapter. Probably a week late to the surprising arrival of chrome last chapter to this nice chapter on her emotional and personality driven character development. Actually I can barely add anything further to the chapters for they were rather well done. Akira Amano's best for Chrome.

Mr. Fix

One Piece

What the fuck, that really sucks that Magellan was demoted to Vice Warden. He should be out hunting down all the escaped prisoners, not serving under Hannyabal.

After what happened at Impel Down, I think it makes sense. Obviously Hannyabal's weaker, but he really fought for the title. Great to know that Magellan isn't an admiral though. Hopefully the 2 new ones go with a similar "legendary trio" theme.

Ippo
boo. why even bother doing chapters about these guys if they are just gonna lose?

one piece
fun enough chapter, even though it's pretty straightforward.

naruto

Still not selling me on kabuto. Did he just pull an Anakin?

bleach

Is it just me, or is it really fucking hard trying to follow the action? At the very least, all quincies should have cool forms, you'd hope.

Ippo

bleach

Is it just me, or is it really fucking hard trying to follow the action? At the very least, all quincies should have cool forms, you'd hope.

It's not that hard to follow. Kirge fired his arrows. Ichigo dropped his sword and stopped kirge's attack barehanded. ichigo threw nel to orihime so he didnt have to worry about protecting nel. Kirge fired more arrows. Ichigo repeled them with his barehand, picked up his sword, and went towards kirge. Then, kirge went into complete holy form.

Tizoc

The fucking things talk!

JZNMp.png

Retcon:
And they have meetings as well apparently...

KHR 382/383
tumblr_m3783bXKBo1qckh5uo1_500.jpg

The ultimate 6996 chapter. Probably a week late to the surprising arrival of chrome last chapter to this nice chapter on her emotional and personality driven character development. Actually I can barely add anything further to the chapters for they were rather well done. Akira Amano's best for Chrome.

What mangas are these 2 images from?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm still not exactly sure how Kabuto wormed back into Konoha, Kishi just hand waved it.

Typical.

Shouta

I'm still not exactly sure how Kabuto wormed back into Konoha, Kishi just hand waved it.

Typical.

Great skill at infiltration, confusion about his identity. and it's likely only a handful of people knew of him from the incident probably allowed him to get back with Konoha for his smarmy stuff.

Hajime no Ippo

Sick and tired of this boring shit. Takamura fight. Now.

Naruto

Thanks for nothing, Kishi. What an anti-climatic flashback. Let Orochimaru explain everything and throw in some random panels. Garbage.

Bleach

More Germanese. Aw yeah. "Letzt Stil" is probably my favourite :lol Funny how none of the scanlations got everything right.

Chapter was decent enough, a bit on the short side though. Not hating this arc so far. Quincy Vollständig :)lol) reminded me of Devil may Cry 4.

One Piece

Poor Magellan. Is that a scar on his face?

Chopper was boss in this chapter. I hope this continues and helps develop his character. And then do the same thing with Robin.

Naruto

Typical, this will obviously lead to Kabuto's death. (minus 5 stars)

One Piece

Not bad, although the giant kids and drug segments were annoying. The Cool Brothers
look like two yetis with guns or swords

Bleach

It was good, the pacing was fast and it led to a interesting cliffhanger. I am thinking that the Ishida Family is of great importance to the Vandenreich. Uryuu's arrows being more powerful than Opie's isn't that much of a surprise to me as Uryuu has some undiscovered potential. The other 4 Great War Potentials should be interesting once they are revealed.

Hajime no Ippo 973

It's almost close to ch 1000, and there needs to be some type of mini timeskip. I am mentioning of course of Takamura in particular, since his goal is to go all the way to Heavyweight, and he is still Jr. Middleweight. I think that Aoki and Kimura need to go, Itagaki has to fight Miyata in an eliminator to fight Ipoo and Ippo is in some serious need of character development. He can't stay a National Champ forever. I really hate to see this series go past 1000 chapters...

survivor

Banned
I don't like these forced sad emotions moments

Wut? The pace is very slow, and most of these info are useless. It reminds me of the current explanation in FI arc. Long and mostly useless.
lol useless information

Say you don't like Naruto or Bleach: Thumbs Up

Don't like One Piece/ Enjoy Naruto or Bleach: Crucifixion.
poor Naruto and Bleach fans living under the oppression of OP fans, what a sad life

I read a handful of chapters of Kimi no Iru Machi and the MC seems hella unlikable
He is a pretty generic and plain MC

Epcott

Naruto

I'm getting tired of this Kabuto backstory. If Kabuto was wanted dead by Danzo all those years, how is it be entered the chunan exam in the first place? Just kill him and move the story forward already.

One Piece

Pretty straight forward chapter. I had to laugh the two killers going by the name "The Eighty Cool Brothers". Reminds me of the robot boss for Ninja Gaiden II, Funky Dynamite.

Bleach

Decided not to read until the end of this arc. I guess I'll be out for a year or two.

Community

Looked for the manga thread everywhere, didn't realize it was moved here until today. Community Forum is such a dismal idea.

DarkMehm

I want to buy the new iPad, but have a question. What happens when a manga page of roughly 1200*800 pixels gets on the much higher resolution screen of the new iPad? Does it look bad because it scales up? An iPad 2 would suffice too if it does look better on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom