• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
akb 49

produsah-san ;___;

vS7ou.png

gunbo and Dresden are back? weekend smutgaf is saved!!!!!

Zekes!

Everybody loves an older onee-san. Kono Oneesan wa Fiction would the ultimate male fantasy version of this. In HS, hot older female, lives in your house, mom is oblivious, all over you, etc... Except for some reason she is a virgin...meh.

My real life is tragically devoid of any hot onee-sans

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto Spoilers
This flashback man...this fucking flashback. Ugh :(

Bleach Spoilers
Holy shit son. Vandenreich are ALREADY in Soul Society by the end of the chapter? Quincy on their Angel-Type-Weird Swag mode? Seems like there's 7 of the Sternritter dudes? SS is fucked.

So that form Opie used is the same one we saw Ishida use against Mayuri? Ichigo...you just gonna throw out more Getsuga Tensho's or actually do something this time?
Law-Yaoi BS
Okay DTL. Okay.
978-4-08-870417-3.jpg

How did I not see this earlier? Nice
This volume's contents are pure shit but goddamn this cover is awesome. One of the best Naruto cover's I've seen and I hate the concept itself of all the stupid ass chibi-tails.

Khezu

Naruto spoilers.

Fuck kabuto, fuck itachi, fuck sasuke. This is the worst fight in the manga. Just get back to either naruto or madara, anything is better then this.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto spoilers.

Fuck kabuto, fuck itachi, fuck sasuke. This is the worst fight in the manga. Just get back to either naruto or madara, anything is better then this.
cant be worse than kinkaku ginkaku brothers vs that one black dude

I mean, that was BAD. Like, worse than bad.

Khezu

cant be worse than kinkaku ginkaku brothers vs that one black dude

I mean, that was BAD. Like, worse than bad.

Oh ya, the macguffin brothers, I think I blocked that from my mind.

Those 5 treasured tools of the sage they wielded were pretty awful, not really sure why they were considered the strongest ninja tools ever, itachis sword is better then all 5 of them combined.

Kusagari

Naruto spoilers.

This isn't even a fight. It's a bunch of guys standing around reminiscing about bullshit.

I read it too, i like what this guy does after reading Monster, Pluto and 20th Century Boys.

Now it's all about the
americans never went to the moon, it was all fake conspiracy, now with the BAT"
:lol
Glad to meet other Billy Bat fans!
Director of Godzilla filming the moon landing is a BEAUTIFUL idea. But the bat in chapter 9 was Kevin's cool Billy, not fake-Walt-Disney's Billy that showed up recently. I can't think of how Kevin's Billy could show up on the set, which makes me wonder if a real moon landing happens too.
Don't worry, you're not alone. I liked how "General Scott" is clearly based on George C. Scott.

Thank you! I knew that character had to be a reference to something, but I never would have guessed it'd be General Buck Turgidson.

Ippo 973

PZAEV.png

This page really cemented alot of things. The rest of the issue though? Meh, retirement and the likelihood of it all is pretty obvious. I would like to see a serious Aoki fight but whatever.

Zekes!

I know I'm hella late to the party but I've finally started reading GTO.

Just one of those things you keep putting off y'know?

Detective Conan:
Man, Sera is absolutely shameless in her stalking of Conan, and not the least bit subtle, either. She was also pretty obvious in trying to get Conan's fingerprints/Haibara's phone number, too. It's pretty clear that she has to know his identity. I enjoyed seeing Amuro briefly, even if it doesn't seem like he'll be connected to this case.

The presences of a new antidote makes me think that some major events are just around the corner. There are clearly a lot of balls up in the air for the plot right now.

Bleach Spoilers
Holy shit son. Vandenreich are ALREADY in Soul Society by the end of the chapter? Quincy on their Angel-Type-Weird Swag mode? Seems like there's 7 of the Sternritter dudes? SS is fucked.
Yeah, the pace is amazing in this arc.
So that form Opie used is the same one we saw Ishida use against Mayuri? Ichigo...you just gonna throw out more Getsuga Tensho's or actually do something this time?
Yes, this is the quincy´s final form. But unlike Uryuu, Opie won´t lose his powers. Actualy someone on BA translated it as Quincy Complete Holy Form, or Quincy complete. The technique is called Quincy Kanseitai. "Seitai" actually translates as "The body of Christ."

read Kagami no kuni no harisugawa
Really hate how this mangaka's stuff always get canceled. The hnnng factor is god tier for his art T_T.

I should reread pretty face and Mx0 again.

upandaway

Minamoto

So they say this is the Golden Age, but gold is the reason for the wars we wage!

Really hate how this mangaka's stuff always get canceled. The hnnng factor is god tier for his art T_T.

It wasn't really canceled by outside factors, he ended it because he didn't know where to go with it (he even admitted a grounded MC was a dumb idea).

Minamoto

So they say this is the Golden Age, but gold is the reason for the wars we wage!

It wasn't really canceled by outside factors, he ended it because he didn't know where to go with it (he even admitted a grounded MC was a dumb idea).

lol true I guess... The premise was cool though! Wish he'd get back to finishing up Mx0 someday T_T.

Also read up on (g) edition

kinda bakuman but delicious fanservice. Not too shabby.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Minamoto

You would think mangaka would think at least like you know, 30-50 chapters of plot on a totally general level before getting it serialized :eek:

Zekes!

I read this last week. I thought it was neat, but yeah it was obvious there wasn't much more he could really do.

Reading it made me salty about Mx0 again though; I REALLY liked that manga. It was probably my favourite shonen when it was running, along with Air Gear (up to a certain point...). I kind of want to go back and read it and see what I'd think of it now.

upandaway

Shaman King 287-288

Horohoro's flashback was okay (though more tame than what I expected) until the thing turned out to be the girl.

I mean, come on manga, please be serious about this. You're not serious.

Dresden

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

five chapters in and I really hate this manga like no other. Amazing how the two leads--brother/sister--are huge self-inserts who are ready to fuck each other. That's like the Voltron of Mary Sues.

The thought of there inevitably being an anime nauseates me. My only hope is that this post serves as a warning to my Mangaf brethren, a lighthouse if you will, in the sea of Japanese comics.

mZKAf.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
KIMI NO IRU MACHI

wxSTw.jpg

wow I literally read nonstop 180 chapters of this over the last 2 days. This is the first manga that's really hooked me as deep as I''s I fucking love it. I smiled, I daw'd, I raged, I felt great sadness, cheered at one point. IT'S GOOD

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

five chapters in and I really hate this manga like no other. Amazing how the two leads--brother/sister--are huge self-inserts who are ready to fuck each other. That's like the Voltron of Mary Sues.

The thought of there inevitably being an anime nauseates me. My only hope is that this post serves as a warning to my Mangaf brethren, a lighthouse if you will, in the sea of Japanese comics.

im hoping the plot kicks in eventually. this is going to be a harem series, so i at least need there to be a story before i drop this bitch like a hot skillet.

Qistoptier, what is the manga about?

Hajime no ippo

Fuck, I'm tired of Kimura and Aoki getting shat on....this is like the 3rd or fourth time we've seen this BS. either retire them or quit fucking doing this to them.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
La Mosca 3

yeah, this clearly isnt something i should be reading if im trying to go to bed.

Desmond

Naruto

Grade: S
Before reading I was wondering how the Kikyo Pass thing and Sasori would be addressed. Thankfully Kishi filled in the blanks.

One Piece
So CC keep the kids from running away but making them addicted to drugs and he also experiment on them .
Good stuff from the mad scientist .
Side note i wonder if Oda is going get in trouble with whole drug thing .
I happy that WSJ back him if that what he wanted to do .

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Qistoptier, what is the manga about?

Kimi no Iru Machi Manga
Summary:

Eba Yuzuki has mysteriously decided to go to high school in the countryside. But despite Kirishima Haruto's objections, she is living in his home. Now he has to put up with a freeloading city girl and even worse, make sure Kanzaki Nanami, the girl he likes, doesn't get the wrong idea!

Naruto

its finally explained but at this point i don't really give that much of a fuck.

And it continues to show who really ran the Leaf....

One Piece

Children confirmed as experiments and uses drugs to keep them in line, mad scientist is gonna mad scientist.

Could be a reason why Law is here and the only hope once this shit comes crashing down.

Lets see what these new guys are about.

One Piece

And holy shit at the Zoro team. Did the brothers do that?

Seems like it given the foot prints, but i'm now curious how it happened since zoro doesn't look like he even fought.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: F+

All this chapter did was show us how much better suited Orochimaru is to be the main villain of this manga. Fuck Kabuto.

This chapter gets a "+" because of Orochimaru. An F for everything else. Get this loser a Twitter account. Kabuto is a goddamn clown.

Wiseblade

KIMI NO IRU MACHI

http://i.imgur.com/wxSTw.jpg?1[IMG]

wow I literally read nonstop 180 chapters of this over the last 2 days. This is the first manga that's really hooked me as deep as I''s I fucking love it. I smiled, I daw'd, I raged, I felt great sadness, cheered at one point. IT'S GOOD[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i4vUtOgA1DXC6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom