• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

I'm getting tired of this Kabuto backstory. If Kabuto was wanted dead by Danzo all those years, how is it be entered the chunan exam in the first place? Just kill him and move the story forward already.

I think its the last backstory chapter. I guess the backstory change on Kabuto cause no one to be able to trace him back to his past, deceiving Danzo and the foundation? Then again he was there for the exams for such a short period of time.

Naruto
so i wonder if oro knew that him turning into a snake would be the result of all the the self experimenting.
Cool chapter but the artwork was the best part, really cool panels this chapter. I liked the blood dripping in different places stuff too.
Z1pBp.png

yXFg0.png

they all look like they could have been volume covers.
bleach
wewhj.png

lololololol. bleach was bleach,boring.

survivor

Banned
Medaka Box (end of enforcers arc)

I don't get it. When you keep hyping the MC as the best character alive, the perfect person that is so awesome and amazing and strong and smart, what's the point of having them fight? You are not even pretending they are struggling to add any tension or anything.

upandaway

I don't get it. When you keep hyping the MC as the best character alive, the perfect person that is so awesome and amazing and strong and smart, what's the point of having them fight? You are not even pretending they are struggling to add any tension or anything.
Excellent observation survivor, you sound ready for the next arc

Zoro team must have been gassed or some such...would be ridiculous if Zoro was actually beaten by a couple of people who would inevitably been crushed beyond reason by the guy he was training with.... its a cheap narrative trick though....

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece
-I never thought I'd see a plotline where kids are being drugged with methamphetamine. I'm shocked the editors allowed it. Very intriguing though.

Kusagari

That becomes a major plot point of the series. Keep reading.

It's not that hard to follow. Kirge fired his arrows. Ichigo dropped his sword and stopped kirge's attack barehanded. ichigo threw nel to orihime so he didnt have to worry about protecting nel. Kirge fired more arrows. Ichigo repeled them with his barehand, picked up his sword, and went towards kirge. Then, kirge went into complete holy form.

I think he repelled them with his sword the 2nd time.

I really do wish attacks aren't just blobs of white or black in bleach =/

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
La Mosca-End

everything wrapped up in one way or another. and series have definetely had worse endings. but there seems to be something missing......

upandaway

Magi 98's out

Aww and the tiny little Zagan was so cute.

Zagan seems to have agreed to terms for now so I guess this is the final battle. I'm willing to bet that it will be cut short just like most other Al Sarmen fights, they seem way too strong.

And plus, it all comes down to who Zagan finds appropriate, so there's always that.

Detective Conan
Axe murderer? wooden cabins/doors?

This scenario sounds so familiar...

They really need to start getting down to the story bits instead of adding more characters that all have 'secrets'...

Kreed

One Piece 665:

No way Zoro, Sanji, and Brooke were beaten like unless the the enemy used knock out gas again. It's more likely something "stupid/comical" happened to knock them out.

I'm kind of curious if the swapped body characters will actually get fights or if they will get their bodies back before any fighting happens. Especially Chopper, who is pretty much useless in Sanji's body.

Pretty straight forward chapter. I had to laugh the two killers going by the name "The Eighty Cool Brothers". Reminds me of the robot boss for Ninja Gaiden II, Funky Dynamite.

MS's translation and Arlong Park calls them the Yeti Cool Brothers. Always double check those manga "zone/reader/panda" chapters.

One Piece

I like how Franky (in Chopper's body) is really creeping out Robin, haha.

Robin and Franky always play well off of each other comedy wise.

Just noticed Kuroko on the cover of the Jump. Nice.

One Piece

The chapter had potential, Zoro and Sanji teamed up which was great, but failed to meet it. It was pretty terrible overall (on account of them splitting up again, the group was only litrally together for just two pages or less) and worst there ought to be no way for Zoro and Sanji to be defeated out there...off panel.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That kind of threw me off, as I also wanted the Straw Hats to be together for a bit longer. Just a tad bit, at least.

Zekes!

Magi 98

I'm looking forward to Aladdin throwing down oldschool

Nana to Kaoru 73

Aw good dog :3

It's hard to be interested in what happens in this series because of the time skip in Black Label, where both Nana and Kaoru haven't progressed (much) in their character development. That is unless the main series eventually overtakes Black Label, or Black Label ends up becoming an alternate/non-canon story.

Wiseblade

Coulda been Blackbeard, much like how he gave Shanks a similar scar.
New theory!

Magellan, seeking to redeem himself after the breakout, leaves Impel Down to hunt the people responsible. With Luffy disappearing off the face of the earth, he decides to hunt down Blackbeard first, Tracking him down before long. However, Magellan can't keep up with two devil fruit powers and suffers a brutal defeat. Just to make things worse, his poison power is sucked out too. Defeated and shamed, Magellan returns to Impel Down where he is forced to take a lesser position due to his weakened state.

New theory!

Magellan, seeking to redeem himself after the breakout, leaves Impel Down to hunt the people responsible. With Luffy disappearing off the face of the earth, he decides to hunt down Blackbeard first, Tracking him down before long. However, Magellan can't keep up with two devil fruit powers and suffers a brutal defeat. Just to make things worse, his poison power is sucked out too. Defeated and shamed, Magellan returns to Impel Down where he is forced to take a lesser position due to his weakened state.

That would make sense. Magellan under Hanibal is something very underwhelming. Hanibal got owned by Luffy without haki.

I would love to see a rematch against Magellan dude is a boss.

Zekes!

why do translators always refer to it as "being dumped" when a confession gets rejected? They weren't dating prior, so using "rejected" instead of "dumped" makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Just a little pet peeve.

That would make sense. Magellan under Hanibal is something very underwhelming. Hanibal got owned by Luffy without haki.

I would love to see a rematch against Magellan dude is a boss.

To be fair Magellan did acknowledge Hannibal as his successor after the latter kept standing during his fight where he was being massacred due to his belief of Impel's Down's Justice.

I guess that plus Magellan's failure (in stopping the outbreak and losing the fight) was enough to accept a demotion.

And either he mellowed out somehow or Sadi-chan is attracted to scars :p

Kusagari

Magellan probably just gave up the position as he viewed himself as failing his duties.

He was always fine with Hannyabal taking over.

Lain

Code:Breaker 1-176

Always wanted to check this out but never got around to it. With you guys talking about it lately I finally decided to get to read it and I'm conflicted on it.
On one hand, the whole power thing is nice, on the other hand the story seems to be convoluted for no real good reason. I really like Sakura, especially the various faces she makes, but she seem way too stupid.
The twists in the story would be nice if only characters weren't switching sides back and forth with it making little sense. I don't know what to think of L joining the cast.

Zoe

Okay, Kubo's proportions have gotten ridiculous. Ichigo absolutely dwarfs Rukia now :lol

<3 IchiRuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom