• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitman Reborn!: F

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? This is like, bad as hell. Like. Really bad...

You didnt like 6996, or for that matter, at least Chromes development? For someone who was just forgotten for quite some time, it was nice to get her to actually take part and extensively go through her thought process.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You didnt like 6996, or for that matter, at least Chromes development? For someone who was just forgotten for quite some time, it was nice to get her to actually take part and extensively go through her thought process.
I don't know what 6996 is. I faintly recall each of the Vongola members having a number associated with their names, so you're probably referring to the Tsuna-Mukuro pairing? -__-

Anyway, I admit that I can give props for Amano finally allowing Chrome to get some screen-time and development; however, it's just so badly executed. THAT, and am I really supposed to believe that Chrome, who was just most recently bed-ridden and missing her organs can suddenly illusion into existence her own organs AS well as be the key to defeating Vindice...sorry, but I'm not buying that for a second. Maybe if the timing was better, it would be passable. But as it is now? Nope.

Not to mention the whole "her illusions are making my heart pure!"...Lame.

Zekes!

Has anyone ever met a half Asian that has blonde hair and blue eyes? I swear to God in manga that's always the case, but I've never once met someone who looked like that IRL

Has anyone ever met a half Asian that has blonde hair and blue eyes? I swear to God in manga that's always the case, but I've never once met someone who looked like that IRL

Have you ever met a full Asian that has natural blonde hair and blue eyes like a lot of Japanese manga characters?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Magellan probably just gave up the position as he viewed himself as failing his duties.

He was always fine with Hannyabal taking over.

Yep. He originally wanted to commit suicide for his failure. The demotion was probably the compromise the marines came up with to keep him there (and alive).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

My nephew is the closest I think you could come to that; he's a blonde blue-eyed thing but he's only a quarter-asian.

Anteater

One Piece

Wonder how Zoro got knocked out, but it seems Brook is the only one with his sword out, there are no swords lying around Zoro. So they're probably still sheathed.

MCD

Beelzebub

oybzS.jpg

Freezing

OMG. Chiffonnnnnnnnnnn. She is a monster.

Toriko

This training path seems endless. The bird is being eaten without the bird noticing.

Beelzebub

Not interesting. I was expecting more.

Air Gear 81 - 94
tumblr_m38w7zPRB41qbxqfpo1_500.png

Hard to remain at the same high point of the behemoth arc. I liked the chapters immediately preceding and including the start of the Kyoto school trip. New first year characters fit in well. Also hope the sand guy, Sano, remains around. Glad Agito is back involved.

Kreed

'No dice, because you're saying a site.'

And if you keep reading Shouta's post...

Shouta said:
Saying "Group XYZ has released Bakuman earlier then the normal group ZYX"

That's fine.

Ignis doing his old "And Redhawk just finished translating The World only God Knows chapter ### <Link to topic on Red Hawk message Board about the release>"
Don't link to the site, announce you finished it, is fine. I do manga too so but I never link to where to get it.

I'll make this clear again, DO NOT LINK TO SITES. You can say who released it and even compare works but do not tell folks where to get it in the thread.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
...or you can learn the rules of the thread and realize he's not breaking any?
It's best to just not mention them at all, since it makes things easier for everyone. Considering that, when there is no linking involved, these "rules" are more about verbal gymnastics than anything. Saying "X was released by SG-Y" is worse than saying "This chapter of X sucked, but thank goodness SG-Y is back."

Ambitious

Liar Game

About 50 chapters in. I found it promising at first (the whole scenario reminded me of Gantz in a way
(being forced into games/missions with possibly very bad consequences together with some other people without knowing the reasons for all of it)
), but the third round with the ATMs dragged far too long. In the end I didn't even bother anymore to think through Akiyamas and Yokoyas actions in detail (when and how and why and which sum of money they transferred). It's getting boring, but I'll keep on reading.

Kreed

I think its just best to not mention it at all, multi day ban versus one post with the name of x subgroup, just doesnt seem worth the risk, in my experience.

It's best to just not mention them at all, since it makes things easier for everyone. Considering that, when there is no linking involved, these "rules" are more about verbal gymnastics than anything. Saying "X was released by SG-Y" is worse than saying "This chapter of X sucked, but thank goodness SG-Y is back."

There's nothing to risk/or verbal gymnastics if you just understand this simple concept:

Scanlation GROUPS = ok

Linking to or name dropping Illegal Online Manga Hosting SITES = not ok.

In other words, I can mention that Mangastream and Redhawk have released scanlations of Jump mangas and it's fine because these are scanlation groups and I am not mentioning or linking to any sites that host their scanlations.

But if I say "I just got the newest chapter of One Piece from madeupmonkeyshit.com" and the site was an online manga site, I'd be in trouble. If you guys want to be extra safe that's fine, but this concept is easy to understand.

Edit:

you're still naming a site, don't get someone else banned because you wanna play chicken with the rules.

Mangastream is a scanlation group! As long as UnblessedSoul wasn't mentioning their website or a site where someone can get their scanlations, no one is "playing chicken" with the rules.

survivor

Banned
Ano Natsu

This is so ugly compared to the anime. Why even bother make a manga adaptation when you can't make any of the girls look as good as the anime?

Zekes!

Eh, I read Kimi no Iru Machi. I think it's decent, though at this point I'm wondering why is it still ongoing? Nothing has really happened since the incident with Yuzuki's dad. Though I guess that was only 15-16 chapters ago. Still, they should just fuck and then wrap it up or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[individual scanlator] sites are [an] interesting example because naming them is basically naming their site. But I digress.

Restrictive rules as to what you can say and can't are fine, I just think that those rules need to be in the OP of every Manga thread and not in "Shouta's post on Page 9 of OT4," particularly if we're going to have a bunch of exceptions.

Esch

Banned
Toriko

This arc feels super rushed for some reason, despite all of the chapters having something of a "treading water" feel. I know that makes no sense.

Zekes!

Magico 54-55

I had wondered why this had been so slow coming out.

Anyways, Shion has a bad case of the jellies. Raven's teaching (?) magic was weird/cool too.

Jojo Part 4 End

It was good but is below the other 3 parts. The setting was pretty tame didnt have the adventure feeling of the other parts.

The main villain was very boring, I didnt hate him nor like him, felt nothing about him.

But all the battles were very good and creative. Gotta love Koichi getting super sayan hair when he uses his stand.

Jojo Part 4 End

It was good but is below the other 3 parts. The setting was pretty tame didnt have the adventure feeling of the other parts.

The main villain was very boring, I didnt hate him nor like him, felt nothing about him.

But all the battles were very good and creative. Gotta love Koichi getting super sayan hair when he uses his stand.

I actually loved how crazy but normal Kira was in part 4. My gripe was how he sorted showed up to justify things later on. Koichi was Gohan and his stand stages were shouts to Cell.

Edit:

Also new Chapters of Steel Ball Run!! Yeah!

BS2Z6.png

Real talk Funny, is one beautiful man that's damn near 50 =p

upandaway

Magico

So Math is basically object manipulation. Like usual I really love the powers but the way they're used in battle.. man, it can be a little bit.. more.

Also I bet he could have destroyed the rabbit if he multiplied (or if you're really crazy, divided) him by 0.

Toriko

So the final challenge is just fasting? I mean, I guess. Okay.

And I like the bird being eaten mid-flight. I was under the impression the bad guys won't know Food Honor (since they're, uh, assholes).

Ninjimbo

One Piece

I'm really digging this arc. Caesar Clown is so badass looking and I'm liking the mixture of goofy humor with really twisted ideas such as the experimenting on kidnapped children. I don't know how Oda does this week after week especially when I'm seeing the lulls the other serialized mangas go through.

Anteater

Shaman King... Flower? Is this a sequel? I think I have to finish SK now...

Yeah, the author had made a few chapters on Flower (child Hana) before he prematurely ended the original Shaman king, then he quit for whatever reason (he hinted that he was under extreme pressure in the last volume of SK, but I read that the series was cancelled due to popularity), he got a chance to finish off the original SK in the "complete edition" (with a restriction on the amount of pages) and also wrote a new chapter on the grown up Hana, Shaman King Flower is the continuation to that.

Yeah, the author had made a few chapters on Flower (Hana) before he prematurely ended the original Shaman king, then he quit for whatever reason (he hinted that he was under extreme pressure in the last volume of SK, but I read that the series was cancelled due to popularity), he got a chance to finish off the original SK in the "complete edition" (with a restriction on the amount of pages) and also wrote a new chapter on the grown up Hana, so this is the continuation to that.

Ah great. But surely you mean "despite", right? Never heard of something getting cancelled because it's too popular. :lol Or was it in Hipster Jump?

Anteater

Ah great. But surely you mean "despite", right? Never heard of something getting cancelled because it's too popular. :lol Or was it in Hipster Jump?

Woops I meant it was cancelled due to the lack of popularity, I think the amount of readers went down so the series was cancelled, I'm not sure if that was true, there wasn't really an official word as far as I know (or I haven't read much on it) but pretty sure the author mentioned he was under a lot of pressure when he stopped.

He still managed the finish the series after a few years though.

Edit: but yeah the original SK was worth reading, I loved that series so much

YES GLORIOUS JOJO'S

OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

STEEL BALL RUN IS REDEEMED

GOD IS IN HIS HEAVEN

ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD

BEST CHAPTER EVER

I knew it, I FUCKING KNEW IT

I told you guys all along, GODDAMN.

AGAGAGAGAHAHAGAGA

YES GLORIOUS JOJO'S

OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

STEEL BALL RUN IS REDEEMED

GOD IS IN HIS HEAVEN

ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD

BEST CHAPTER EVER

I knew it, I FUCKING KNEW IT

I told you guys all along, GODDAMN.

AGAGAGAGAHAHAGAGA

Yeah, man seriously. The whole showdown, the exchange, and the dialogue, just woah. The promise and stuff *sniff*. We near the end.

Esch

Banned
Toriko

So the final challenge is just fasting? I mean, I guess. Okay.

And I like the bird being eaten mid-flight. I was under the impression the bad guys won't know Food Honor (since they're, uh, assholes).

I think its pretty implied that the woman on top of that bird is Chiyo as well

that necro-Toriko tho... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom