• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal B

One Piece
Hmm... Law vs. Smoker. Smoker could have a big advantage over Law. I dont see Law's power having much of an influnce on him as a Logia users, who already can split his body in another element.

good idea although why would they have prison outfits?
Since the event at Imperal Down many prisoners escaped. This could mean that those are some of those prisoners Law hunted down and take the heart from. An other dark posibilty is that those people were used for the experiments on the island. Since the big prison break they need to use childs ...

gunbo13

Aoi Hana 43:
LESBIAN.

SEX.

Almost.
It's good to have you back.
Bakuman

This is my first Manga that I bought a few weeks ago because I'm a fan of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's work on Death Note (I've only seen the films thus far). I am honestly quite surprised with how I have taken to it and I am glad I went with Bakuman over Death Note since it's nice reading a completely new story.
Oh man, if we could only go back to those days...

Read Death Note as well.

scy

On the subject of Prince of Tennis, any other sports/competition power trip fantasies of the same type? I want to see lol ridiculousness.

its going to be a wonderful troll when itagaki beats miyata and ippo never fights him.

This would be epic.

Man DTL is going to love this i can already see him talking about brotherly love .

You know me so well.

Final panel of Kabuto is also strangely badass, I can't remember the last time
I looked at Kabuto thinking he could be sort of competent.

Doesnt he always though, not even Tobi had an upper hand over him in their first meeting, his sly skill of using the clones, catching Anko, and well, I think he always has been since his fight with Naruto way back when.

Lain

Genius Family Company vol 1 [bunko edition]
4b76363afdfa5dbbcf319b325c279c6957b66382.jpg

Same author as Nodame Cantabile and, just like Nodame Cantabile, i find this work of hers great. The art is just serviceable, but the characters, interactions and everything are just insane, hilariously insane, starting from the Katsuyuki and hid mom continuing to Haru and his dad, and even Katsuyuki's classmates aren't left out of it.
Katsuyuki is basically a genius and an asshole, and it's great to see him make a girl cry over something as simple as the strength of the yen impacting the future prospects of finding a job.
So far volume 1 focused on the way Katsuyuki's life is turned upside down by the Tanaka's (Haru and his father Sosuke) intermission in his life, though there seems to be some relevant plot regarding Katsuyuki's mother job.
Ninomiya might not be a great artist when it comes to drawing, but her stories do have that special something.

2th

Banned
One Piece
Kungu fu point is hilarious. Franky tank is comedy gold. Oh and Law is a boss. Period. Good chapter.

Naruto
What the fuck kind of OP hacks will Kishi give Madara next? You don't like Susanoo, Here are 25 wood clones that you can't tell are different from the original. Kishi has just taken this too far. He is going to have to give the 5 kage some ridiculous group technique or one of them just the most retardedly powerful move that just makes no sense.

Big One

Banned
On a side note: I realised I was positive about the Naruto chapter mostly cause I flat out ignored the Madara fight.

That fight annoys me.
And you're ignoring that we don't have a real explanation to Sasuke's character change. Yeah I know him being like, completely retarded sucks and all. But him making this shift all of a sudden makes no sense.

Bossun

Sket Dance

Damn lately Bossun is almost like a side character. I want him to be the hero, he needs to have his awesome moment and conquer Hime (And show kiri who's the best)

Steroyd

And you're ignoring that we don't have a real explanation to Sasuke's character change. Yeah I know him being like, completely retarded sucks and all. But him making this shift all of a sudden makes no sense.

If I distort it enough it can make an inkling of sense when you consider that Sauske started to go on his retarded rampage after he killed Itachi, and then discovered a "truth" afterwards which lead him to start targeting konoha for the sake of his brother.

That sounded stupider when laid out like that.

One Piece

Well this is an interesting turn of events.

Big One

Banned
If I distort it enough it can make an inkling of sense when you consider that Sauske started to go on his retarded rampage after he killed Itachi, and then discovered a "truth" afterwards which lead him to start targeting konoha for the sake of his brother.

That sounded stupider when laid out like that.
So uh...why exactly would he be reasonable now after his whole fiasco with Danzo afterwards? At that point, it's implied he's off to a point of no return. We just spent an entire year without him so he can get a power up that'll allow him to DESTROY KONOHA, yet NOW he's being reasonable?!

survivor

Banned
GTdjh.jpg

This is so badass.

"Bitches with the flick of my finger, I will fuck your shit up"

So uh...why exactly would he be reasonable now after his whole fiasco with Danzo afterwards? At that point, it's implied he's off to a point of no return. We just spent an entire year without him so he can get a power up that'll allow him to DESTROY KONOHA, yet NOW he's being reasonable?!
Cause he met his brother

Steroyd

Well yeah, he was doing it all for his brother who was betrayed by Konoha, who is now standing there right in front of him with all the answers.

I will admit it is less dumb than Naruto talk no jutsu'ing him out of revenge, but it's still stupid.

I think it's perfectly logical, actually.

His reasons for turning into a whiny emo were completely and utterly idiotic, so wouldn't it take something equally idiotic to make him snap out of it?

Naruto's plot is homeopathic.

Mr. Fix

Naruto

Good to see the war entering its peak. There's no way Sasuke is just turning over a new leaf, especially if helping Itachi will end himself as well. Looking forward to Kabuto finally going in for a legit fight, Madara with the weekly hacks. I'd be fine if Kishi just alternated between the 3 fights. Also lol@ Kakashi and Guy; we all know it's Naruto vs Tobi.

One Piece

Awesome chapter. Great to see Law improved on his DF powers. Law vs Smoker? Hnnnnngggg. If Law can imbue that ship, or whatever he uses his powers on with Haki, then I can see it being a fair fight.

Makes me wonder about how Kidd has improved. If it's anything like Magneto, he'll be able to control the metal in people's bodies.

Back to the chapter, it'd make even more sense to make him a Shichibukai if the hearts he gave were of the escapees from Impel Down. Of course, the rest of the world wouldn't know that bit. So it makes sense to keep it a secret in that regard.

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Talk about a great chapter! God, Law is sooooo boss, he makes every panel he's in amazing. Now we get Law vs. Smoker, I can't contain the excitement. Even though Smoker is a logia, I'm sure at this point Law has to know Haki, otherwise he'd know he'd be committing suicide fighting a logia without it. And even though it may look like it right now, I still don't think Law is the "real "villain" here, it just seems so out of character after all the things he's done so far. There has to be some positive motive for him taking these kids away from there homes, Law just doesn't strike me as a random kidnapper.

Cookie18

Oh man, if we could only go back to those days...

Read Death Note as well.

After following more of this thread I think I am going to order all of Death Note next week.

Currently not sure what else I'm going to start but possibly Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist and Battle Royale.

PK Gaming

Naruto

The cartoonish cover spread was interesting, albeit a bit misleading (I was hoping he'd show us some more of Naruto's fight, though I can wait.) Anyway, I enjoyed this chapter, but the god awful grammar really ruined the experience. So much so, that I did a double take. The 5 kages vs Madara is finally coming to an end, and overall its been a so-so. Madara is strong, but he really should have shown more of his Sharingan techniques instead of spamming Mokuton. The dude is seriously contemplating whether or not each of his clones use Susanoo... -_0-Tsunade's new form gives her instant healing without handseals... not bad at all. 2 things about the second half of the chapter annoyed me. Itachi is a fucking douche. No seriously he's an asshat of a brother. He could take 1-2 minutes to talk to Sasuke (while on the move) instead of relying on Naruto reprogram him. I want to argue that if Itachi sat Sasuke down and explained to him the entire situation (including that part about Tobin being a fucking liar) then Sasuke might be inclined to listen. Oh well... The other thing that annoyed me was Kabuto's attempt to manipulate Sasuke. Talk about half-assed, I really hope he sticks around instead of being taken about by the Uchiha bros. All in all, it was a decent chapter.

One Piece

Sexy cover. love it when Oda draws the strawhats in fancy suits / dresses. Though it doesn't look arbitrary, I wonder what its for. Anyway, the chapter was awesome but I honestly doubt I needed to say that since everyone thought this. Despite Luffy's group not making an appearance, I still thoroughly enjoyed this chapter, mostly due to the interactions with Law and the marines. Nami's group seems to have directly come into contact with the marines + Law, which is something I didn't think Oda would so. Law's powers seem to have a leveled up since his room range is HUGE. Eager to see his scuffle with Smoker, though there's good chance we won't get a good fight. Awesome chapter, and I wouldn't be so quick to discount Law being evil, he's clearly helping the SH for a reason that benefits him alone. (he definitely doesn't want the marines to enter his "vacation" home)

its going to be a wonderful troll when itagaki beats miyata and ippo never fights him.

lol itagaki is pretty much what everyone thought that miyata was gonna be at the beginning imo. Except now miyata is pretty much the 'cool guy with hands in pockets' during ippo matches, but then gets the shit kicked out of him in his own matches, but wins with some spirited ultra counter at the last second =/

Griffith

Banned
One Piece

I love the panel of the guy freaking out about all the weird shit that he's seeing.

The Law and Smoker fight will get interrupted but it'll be good to see them go at it no matter how long the fight lasts.

CoolS

One Piece

Man I lost it at Sanji's and the head guys expression while riding Franky Tank. And everyone doing Franky's 'Super!!' move in the next panel. I love this manga.

Naruto
The translations are so god awful now :( but I would like to see Naruto at God tier Madara level this manga is really Dragon Ball Z hax right now

why can't I download current mangas from the app store? I am willing to pay please

genjiZERO

Super inexperienced manga question:

I want to read Ghost in the Shell (all three volumes). Can I get it uncensored and unflipped? Hardback? If so where? Cheers

Kusagari

Naruto:

Yay more Madara hax! Couldn't he technically have all his clones summon meteors and nuke the planet? God, he's so overpowered at this point. I'm interested to see how strong Kabuto's gotten fighting on his own. He has to be broken as hell to fight Itachi and Sasuke at once. As for Sasuke's character shift...it makes no sense. I have no problem with him wanting to talk to Itachi, but he's acting exactly like his old aloof self. A couple chapters ago he was acting psycho killing Zetsu's, that should still be noticeable. It isn't.

One Piece:
Law is a badass. I can't wait to see how he fights Smoker. I also wonder why exactly he's so adamant against letting the Marines inside.

So...am I the only one who thought it was completely retarded of Itachi to lay his plan of attack RIGHT IN FRONT OF KABUTO!? Are you shitting me right now?

survivor

Banned
Super inexperienced manga question:

I want to read Ghost in the Shell (all three volumes). Can I get it uncensored and unflipped? Hardback? If so where? Cheers

From the quick search I did, you should stay away from the Kodansha releases cause they are censored. You need to look for the Dark Horse version and make sure it's the 2nd edition cause that's the one that is uncensored.

However they seem to be out of print so getting them used is probably the only way left.

Kusagari

So...am I the only one who thought it was completely retarded of Itachi to lay his plan of attack RIGHT IN FRONT OF KABUTO!? Are you shitting me right now?

Not any worse than Shinji explaining how his shikai works to Aizen and going "lol no way you can fight back even if you know how this works."

DTL I'm curious but are you in the yaoi fandom in any possible way?

My posts give off that type of vibe?

Naruto

Itachi is a fucking douche. No seriously he's an asshat of a brother. He could take 1-2 minutes to talk to Sasuke (while on the move) instead of relying on Naruto reprogram him. I want to argue that if Itachi sat Sasuke down and explained to him the entire situation (including that part about Tobin being a fucking liar) then Sasuke might be inclined to listen. Oh well... The other thing that annoyed me was Kabuto's attempt to manipulate Sasuke. Talk about half-assed, I really hope he sticks around instead of being taken about by the Uchiha bros. All in all, it was a decent chapter.

I thought that was kind of expected but Sasuke never really ever listened to Kabuto even when they were in league with one another, it was nice to see they retained that bit of amicableness.

This is the same Itachi that would call Sasuke over to poke him even though Sasuke didnt like it, odd to have expected that he would just sit down and spell it out for Sasuke.

Naruto:
As for Sasuke's character shift...it makes no sense. I have no problem with him wanting to talk to Itachi, but he's acting exactly like his old aloof self. A couple chapters ago he was acting psycho killing Zetsu's, that should still be noticeable. It isn't..

Why would he act that way to someone who isnt his enemy? It isnt like he was ever friends with the Akatsuki members and even Zetsu. I think it makes sense to act that way around people he knows, it was enjoyable.

Kusagari

Why would he act that way to someone who isnt his enemy? It isnt like he was ever friends with the Akatsuki members and even Zetsu. I think it makes sense to act that way around people he knows, it was enjoyable.

Because Kishimoto made it clear previously that Sasuke has lost his fucking mind? The slasher smile when he stabbed Karin and Danzo, the psycho laughter and talk of how Konoha all laughed at him to Kakashi, the way he arrived in the war killing Zetsu's like a madman.

There were actually even hints last chapter that Sasuke was still deranged, as he was following and talking to Itachi like he had reverted back to his childhood. And yet here he is in this chapter acting like an aloof badass again.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Good stuff. Still kind of crazy that Law became a Warlord after being associated with the whole punching a World Noble thing.

PK Gaming

Lucifer and the Biscuit hammer (the story so far)

So out of my backlog, I decided to get this one out of the way. So far so good though! I absolutely hated Yuuhi's obsession with the princess, and I didn't like how Yuuhi couldn't fight for shit. Fortunately, the author slowly rectifies this by fleshing out his character with a tragic backstory. Otherwise, I like his laid back personality, and the scenes involving the Princess's sister are hilarious (risking to peep on her... what a BOSS) His first "official" fight was awesome too. The princess is a good character too; she seems to have super strength, which is unlike most princesses and she wants to destroy the earth. She's clearly crazy, but i'll have to wait her backstory is fleshed out.

PS: Is Koi the only character with a fucking conscious? I met the dog knight dude, and he's like the only who cares that he might die.

Because Kishimoto made it clear previously that Sasuke has lost his fucking mind? The slasher smile when he stabbed Karin and Danzo, the psycho laughter and talk of how Konoha all laughed at him to Kakashi, the way he arrived in the war killing Zetsu's like a madman.

There were actually even hints last chapter that Sasuke was still deranged, as he was following and talking to Itachi like he had reverted back to his childhood. And yet here he is in this chapter acting like an aloof badass again.

Deranged? those were all his enemies, why wouldnt he attack and act with killer intent, he had a pretty down to earth conversation to Naruto that chapter with meeting with Kakashi and co, and then not to mention his thoughts and such of Naruto two or three chapters ago. Im struggling to see the Sasuke that you are seeing.

scy

Lucifer and the Biscuit hammer (the story so far)

So out of my backlog, I decided to get this one out of the way. So far so good though! I absolutely hated Yuuhi's obsession with the princess, and I didn't like how Yuuhi couldn't fight for shit. Fortunately, the author slowly rectifies this by fleshing out his character with a tragic backstory. Otherwise, I like his laid back personality, and the scenes involving the Princess's sister are hilarious (risking to peep on her... what a BOSS) His first "official" fight was awesome too. The princess is a good character too; she seems to have super strength, which is unlike most princesses and she wants to destroy the earth. She's clearly crazy, but i'll have to wait her backstory is fleshed out.

PS: Is Koi the only character with a fucking conscious? I met the dog knight dude, and he's like the only who cares that he might die.

Without getting too deep yet, I'd say that you're getting to the point where it starts to get a bit more serious. I think the way the story develops is done fairly well. Well, for the most part anyway. Yuuhi's obsession with the princess is pretty bad at times, though. I just treated it as something done for laughs and it made me feel better about it. Probably didn't help that I don't quite like the princess (as a romantic interest option), however.

Torraz

Naruto:

Yay more Madara hax! Couldn't he technically have all his clones summon meteors and nuke the planet? God, he's so overpowered at this point. I'm interested to see how strong Kabuto's gotten fighting on his own. He has to be broken as hell to fight Itachi and Sasuke at once. As for Sasuke's character shift...it makes no sense. I have no problem with him wanting to talk to Itachi, but he's acting exactly like his old aloof self. A couple chapters ago he was acting psycho killing Zetsu's, that should still be noticeable. It isn't.

Wasn't there the point that the users chakra gets split between all the clones? Or can we assume that the hax wood clones don't have this weakness?

Desmond

It's Itachi, Sasuke jusy wuvs his nii-san.

RagnarokX

Naruto

Itachi: "I'm about to end the jutsu."
Kabuto: "If he ends the jutsu he will die forever."
Sasuke: "I am stupid, so I will betray Itachi to save him and cause him to "die" anyway and then I'll kill Kabuto and blame my stupidity on Konoha!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom