• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Deranged? those were all his enemies, why wouldnt he attack and act with killer intent, he had a pretty down to earth conversation to Naruto that chapter with meeting with Kakashi and co, and then not to mention his thoughts and such of Naruto two or three chapters ago. Im struggling to see the Sasuke that you are seeing.

Killer intent does not = acting like a raging psycho.

This is not someone who was in a normal state of mind:
sasuke-crazy-face.jpg

sasuke-laugh.png

Wasn't there the point that the users chakra gets split between all the clones? Or can we assume that the hax wood clones don't have this weakness?

Madara basically seems to have limitless chakra at this point, so I doubt it will bother him any. I mean he implied this chapter he can make every single clone use Susanoo.

One Piece
tumblr_m0vnwqwrAE1r4e5ge.jpg

Boring or slow start to the chapter that quickly became massively compelling. Law is definitely one of Oda's top designs and he looked really cool in action. If Oda manages to deliver an epic Law v Smoker fight in the midst of this island and ON panel, then I will be shocked and amazed. It would be the third best moment this arc.

Though I hope Law isnt actually an antagonist, I guess his lack of affected the Straw hats, at least indicates he may not be.

Bentles

So...am I the only one who thought it was completely retarded of Itachi to lay his plan of attack RIGHT IN FRONT OF KABUTO!? Are you shitting me right now?

Yeah I noticed that too. I think that was a little too obvious. I'd like to think he has some other (better) plan hiding behind that one. Underneath the underneath. Or maybe he's just super confident.

Naruto

More OP shit and as expected The Sauce is siding with his brother since its the best option for him right now (he wants a fucking explanantion). Lets see if Kabuto has some bite to go with his bark

One Piece

Whats Law hiding and there are so many groups all over the place.

Law got a massive level up and his fight should be interesting (unless it gets interrupted)

Is Bleach off this week?

Seems the rumor was true

Yes, Kubo's tweets indicate he's been having health problems including coughing up blood.

Yikes :(

I hope he's feeling better

Apparently, it's a case of influenza. He was hospitalized but now recovering.

Well thats good to hear and never fuck with the flu

Shouta

HxH

Awesome idea for new arc. Unfortunately, Togashi is taking a break. Blargh. Hunting Netero's kid though? Well, hot damn.

Kreed

Magi 81:

Damn it Magi, stop giving me things to complain about. The "Dark Continent" wasn't a bad enough title? Now you've divided the continent up into the "Savage Lands" and the "more civilized" Northern tip? Well at least this confirms the Finalists clan as being Egyptian since I doubt they are supposed to be "savages".

But excluding that one panel, this chapter was a good cool down/comedy chapter to set up the next events.

Apparently, it's a case of influenza. He was hospitalized but now recovering.

Magi 81:

Damn it Magi, stop giving me things to complain about. The "Dark Continent" wasn't a bad enough title? Now you've divided the continent up into the "Savage Lands" and the "more civilized" Northern tip? Well at least this confirms the Finalists clan as being Egyptian since I doubt they are supposed to be "savages".

But excluding that one panel, this chapter was a good cool down/comedy chapter to set up the next events.

from the sounds of it all it needs now is the whole savages: Dark skin, more civilized: Light skin stuff

Dartastic

ROFL at One Piece.

"Oh, nobody's here."

BAM. Out jump Chopper, Franky, Nami, and Sanji. Bahahahha

Also. Law is a badass. Holy shit at that last panel.

upandaway

One Piece

Law's power seems really broken. He has total control over everything in his room (plus the room got WAY bigger than in Sabaody).

Dunno why the SHs didn't just leave the kids and run away though. Sure the marines aren't that reliable/trustworthy but that's SMOKER there.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Law's power seems really broken. He has total control over everything in his room (plus the room got WAY bigger than in Sabaody).

Dunno why the SHs didn't just leave the kids and run away though. Sure the marines aren't that reliable/trustworthy but that's SMOKER there.

*puts on devil's advocate hat*

There's no way on knowing how Smoker has changed over the past two years. Not to mention that Luffy was the only one who ever really though anything of him. Remember Zoro only saved him because Luffy asked him to.

PK Gaming

One Piece

That seems out of character, no? Also keep in mind Nami deeply sympathises with those kids.

I think Smoker will end up fighting Law, and the SH (+kids) will find time to escape during their scuffle.

survivor

Banned
One Piece

Wanna see if he can actually do anything to a logia user. I mean Smoker can just rush him forcing Law to cancel the room to counter with his sword.

Wanna see if he can actually do anything to a logia user. I mean Smoker can just rush him forcing Law to cancel the room to counter with his sword.

If you pay attention, not only he caught the ship but the water surrounding it. He could use the salty water to nulify Smoker ability.

One Piece

Smoker will bitch slap Kid and make him his bitch. Kid is not match for Smoker. Smoker has been set up for a long time to be one of Luffy´s main enemies. Kid will barely be able to touch him.

upandaway

To begin with Law and Smoker are fighting just because of tension + Law provoking him. I think the SHs could have done something there (even if it was really really amusing to see them just run away again).

And yeah Smoker might be able to handle Law but that's as much as any other Paramecia vs Logia fight. If Law can harm Smoker then his ability is really really good even in this fight.
Usually with certain high-potential powers, they get nerfed due to the character not using it that well (see Robin pre-skip and Foxy). The equivalent would have been to give Law a smaller room or something, but his room is really big, and he doesn't even have to be the center of the room.

gunbo13

I have a serious question and for once am not trolling the big 3. How often are the X vs Y predictions for fights right? This is shounen battle manga so isn't crow being served each week?

survivor

Banned
I have a serious question and for once am not trolling the big 3. How often are the X vs Y predictions for fights right? This is shounen battle manga so isn't crow being served each week?

Predicting the winner is easy 99% of the times. Predicting the way the fight flow is wrong 99% of the times.

scy

Win
Lose
LOL

So I guess 33% of the time they're right.

Wiseblade

Who wins any given fight is usually painfully obvious, the entertaining part is seeing it unfold. Even in cases where somebody did guess wrong, fights that people actually care about take long enough that most people would forget who placed bets on who.

I actually think that Law would take Smoker in a fight. There's nothing to suggest that Law doesn't have some form of Haki and he's received a ton of hype since his introduction. He definitely won't be getting one-shotted.

Mr. Fix

Smoker will bitch slap Kid and make him his bitch. Kid is not match for Smoker. Smoker has been set up for a long time to be one of Luffy´s main enemies. Kid will barely be able to touch him.

Wat?

Well we dunno if Law actually has Haki. If vice-admirals have it, I'm sure Law could too.

If you pay attention, not only he caught the ship but the water surrounding it. He could use the salty water to nulify Smoker ability.

*Smacks self*
How did I not notice this! I thought him grabbing the water was just because it looked cool...but this makes perfect sense

<3 Tanuki-Chopper

Sanji-Samurai-interaction is hilarious as well. Also, did Franky just get his own theme-song? :lol (Sanji holding the head in-pose). Next chapter gonna be awesome.

Anteater

One Piece

Because the marines under Smoker doesn't look like good guys, in the dialogues they mentioned they look like a bunch of crooks

upandaway

Medaka Box - 1-4

I think I'm going to enjoy this manga.
Among Medaka Box readers there must be about 1 million different feelings while reading this post

Because the marines under Smoker doesn't look like good guys, in the dialogues they mentioned they look like a bunch of crooks
I get what you're saying but still there's some sort of standard with marines. Standard not to hurt abducted sick children, or something.

The crooks are all pretty silly but I doubt they'd hurt a fly if it was a good fly (they'd beat the shit out of a pirate fly though)

edit: going to sleep, but don't worry dynedom, you'll love it

Khezu

Naruto

I wish they would go back to tobi vs naruto already, tobi is the only interesting character left in this thing, even if his reveal will probably be anti climatic, like it will probably be that one uchiha dude that showed up for one chapter with danzo and monkey hokage and then disappeared forever.

Uchiha fights are just boring since all they do is spam susan constantly now, and the madara fight is even worst because all the kages straight up suck, narutos shadow clone would have probably done better at this point.

I do however think kabuto is going to do awesome this fight, if it requires both brothers, kabuto is gonna pull some seriously bullshit out of his ass. Hopefully orochimaru shows up in this fight, takes control of kabuto when hes on the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom