• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averon

HSDK

I love these master fights but, damn, Hongou's getting his ass kicked.

Naruto

Sasuke continues to be worthless in this fight. He's suppose to give Naruto a challenge? The Orochimaru secret Suigetsu found better be epic or Sasuke vs Naruto will be horribly one-sided.

Naruto
I wonder how strong Sasuke currently is because the way he talks it looks like can just crush Kabuto if he wants to.
"Are you sure I can't kill this guy? He keeps taking the initiative!"

gunbo13

tumblr_lwt1w4gdPP1qkgj66o1_250.jpg
ZAHSr.jpg

I expected somebody from animegaf to post this so I didn't. I'm disappointed.

survivor

Banned
13, *,*45,317 *,*45,317 Nisekoi vol.1

Doesn't deserve a fraction of these sales

And looks like the live action movie gave a decent boost to Thermae Romae

Know what time it is? GODA TIME

Weekly Manga Sales for April 30 - May 6

*1, 2,275,453 2,275,453 One Piece vol.66

15, *,*39,085 1,042,175 Thermae Romae vol.1
17, *,*37,059 *,858,539 Thermae Romae vol.2
21, *,*33,822 *,607,120 Thermae Romae vol.4
22, *,*33,203 *,721,624 Thermae Romae vol.3

25, *,*32,397 3,130,268 One Piece vol.65

It prints money, GODA indeed. Also surprised by Thermae Romae popularity, liked the animated mini series, should give it a read.

*1, 2,275,453 2,275,453 One Piece vol.66
*2, *,847,826 *,847,826 Naruto vol.60
*3, *,333,085 *,333,085 Bakuman vol.18
*8, *,*59,271 *,453,940 Fairy Tail vol.32

They release them OP and Naruto in the same week? Guess neither cannibalizes sales of the other. In 28 more volumes FT will dethrone Naruto sales.

11, *,*55,853 *,108,716 Junjou Romantica vol.15

Writer should drop this series and focus on the superior sekaiichi hatsukoi.

Kreed

One Piece 666:

Those Roger/Luffy/White Beard action figures look pretty nice. Would be cool if Oda did a spread with the three of them dressed like that. Wish Mangastream would put all the Deviant Art at the back of the scanlations though.

As for the chapter:

1) smh @ anyone believing Mr. 2 "died" in any sort of fashion off panel.

2) I hope "Joker" isn't some sort of machine/robot.

3) Any "hype" for the Yeti Cool Brothers just died now that only one of them is fighting the remaining Straw Hats.

4) If all the Yeti Cool Brother's use is those giant guns, then they are definitely lying about taking out Zoro, Sanji and Brooke considering they have no gun/explosion damage.

5) This could be a great time for Ussop to shine if done right.

BLEACH 491

Tres Bestias didn't go out as easily as expected. Makes me happy because I liked them and Harribel. Kirge's vollstandig's name being revealed is neat, as is the revelation of the difference between it and leztz stil.

Kubo's showing he still has amazing character design with all the new wardrobes. Shinigami captains dress like bosses, as did the Arrancar and Espada, and now the Vandenreich. Kirge's release form (or should I say "absorb form"...?) is tacky, though.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: C+

This is like, the first real fight we've gotten since the end of FKT for our protagonist. Strangely enough, this Opie guy's pimp costume is growing on me, it looked really badass in this chapter. When he first changed into it, I thought "Jesus that is ugly"...but now...

Anyways, the fight is going kind of okay. Opie seems pretty strong and we've gotten information about the Quincy powers and another hint about what's going on with the Ishida Family. But outside of that, not too much happened. Oh yeah, Ayon. Who cares? Well, actually, this might mean that Opie will have to show all of his chops since he will have to (?) fight Ichigo as well. That, or we are going to get another intrusion. I think Ayon is gonna get destroyed pretty soon.

Naruto: D+

Hey, someone seriously needs to make Kabuto a Twitter account. This guy is a bitch. Straight up.

Now, Sasuke has been turned into nothing more than...fodder. This is all about Itachi and talking and shit. Too much talking about "feelings" and that kind of stuff. If anyone should be talking, shouldn't it be Sasuke, so that we can see how he has developed...or at least to see how he talks in a normal situation (when he is sane). Itachi has already died. We don't need anymore from him...seriously.

"Yo dawg I heard you like Genjutsu so I'ma put a Genjutsu in your genjutsu while we're trapped in a Genjutsu"...really?

No one cares about Kabuto at this point, right? No one really thinks he just murked Itachi when the dude just said "I am starting Izanami now," right?

Anyways, chapter gets pluses for nice art, length, and actual action. Too bad the content is just bad.

Solune

which pixiv artist drew your avatar?

Full Image

The source is supposed to be from Pixiv but I think the artist removed it? Because it's not in his/her gallery. Anyway here's their pixiv. (Sousou) http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=236775

*7, *,*60,492 *,*60,492 Tegami Bachi vol.14
23, *,*32,600 *,*32,600 Tegami Bachi vol.14 with a booklet

You know it's sickening when the #1 sells nearly 20x of the #4 spot.

Those are pretty good Tegami Bachi Sales as a total!

13, *,*45,317 *,*45,317 Nisekoi vol.1

BoothismanGA.gif.

I wouldn't have held off on that info. Therefore they are factual plot holes.

So you would reveal Law reason to be on the island just when he appears in the arc? Why?

I think theres merit in holding information for some time to spice the reader curiosity and to reveal it in the right moment for impact.

Plot holes for me are events that are never explained once a story is finished.

Zekes!

Back to reading JoJo. Still pushing through part 3; I'm at chapter 175 I think. Hoping this picks up when Dio is in the picture

Lain

How is Saru? Being a dirty English only speaker I can only imagine.

Saru is nice, with a mix of mysticism/religion and some historic characters for an end of the world type of apocalypse. And great art.
My only complaint would have to do with the end, but it's something pretty minor.

Freezing 87

It´s the Chiffon Fairchild´s show. Everyone other character is just for show. I like all these consecutive chapters.

KHR

Reborn preaching Tsuna yet again. I find it funny how the Vindice with the clear pacifier in interested in Reborn. Next chapter should mean a lot to the plot.

Toriko

I knew it was not about walking to the destination. It was about appreciating. Toriko will have his cells evolved yet again, because Toriko used Autophagy or whatever.

Big One

Banned
"ManGAF" implies something way different than MangaGAF does.

Also, since when did Big One get all this character development? He seems to have gained a new obsession with "manliness."
Always been obsessed with manliness, did you not pay attention to my reaction to every chapter of Toriko? I love manly ass manga and characters. There's a reason why I consider Yamamoto to be the best character in Bleach.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Always been obsessed with manliness, did you not pay attention to my reaction to every chapter of Toriko? I love manly ass manga and characters. There's a reason why I consider Yamamoto to be the best character in Bleach.

As far as I can tell you only recently started repeatedly using "manly" as a vague catch-all positive although, no, I didn't read your posts on Toriko, given I don't intend to ever read Toriko. It sounds a lot more like you just visited some archived posts on the Best Page in the Universe recently.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh my.... I always raise one of my eyebrows if I see a poster feels like it is necessary to play a "gimmick" when participating in a forum discussion. Seems... sad.

Plot holes.

I wouldn't have held off on that info. Therefore they are factual plot holes.

If he explains it later it's just an asspull ruining what was a clearly comedic moment.

Damn dude, hahahahah.

Ares was a good manga. Ares vs Mikhael was sad :( .

Hmm, I personally disagree... It is as generic as generic can be, in my opinion, and the art itself can sometimes be... messy.

Flawless victory for blush lines and reaction panels.

Just out of curiosity, at what number in its sales can a manga can be considered "safe"?

Cwarrior

Bleach

ayon is going to get eaten alive to show of quincy powers

reshi Huh? isn't it reiatsu?

Naruto

crossing those genjutsu streams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom