• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach

ayon is going to get eaten alive to show of quincy powers

reshi Huh? isn't it reiatsu?
Reishi are spiritual particles. It's what all things in Soul Society/Hueco Mundo are made of, and Quincy collect them to fight.

Reiatsu is simply when shinigami/people with spiritual energy release their inner willpower/spiritual energy (reiryoku) into the air/physical space.

Air Gear 185 - 204
tumblr_m3szp053w11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Agito development arc. I loved it he finally admitted to calling the others as friends. Agito > Lind > Akito. Fang King has the best skills, and though lacking in power, still looked cool and just enough to save them. Hilarious scene when he gave the girl CPR through a bamboo stick instead of on her lips. Kazu arc is fun, need more Kazu v Ikki, he is so emotional of Kagarasumaru, teary eyed of joy in that one and actually used flame king skills. Oh and he looked cool in many panels.

Air Gear is fun and always taking things to the extreme.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I finally caught up on Silver Spoon!

Hachiken really does need to focus more on himself, though, and not just do everything for everyone else.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Meh, I don't like fights that go on forever with bullshit explanations. I want epic fights and curb-stomp battles.

AIKI 85-90
That's what I'm talking about !

One Piece 662 - 666
Well, it was fun, but it lacks that certain sparks that makes me go "ONE PIECE IS AWESOME".
I should drop it for a while, I enjoy reading several chapters in a row.

Everyone Looks Like Everyone Else 5 - 10
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
I like how the gimmick was used. If it's done correctly it could become a nice little series.

Organized Cousin Rape 26 -31

Naruto 575 - 585
FlaaaAAaAAAshbaaaAAaacKs
Actually I liked that part, even if Kabuto is a little too emo for my tastes, his motivations are understable.
I think he's one of the grossest manga villain ever though

Bleach

Probably the first down chapter of this arc for me, just kind of meh and a step back in pacing compared to the rest of the arc.

Naruto

I'd rather have the flashback still going on. :/ Can't believe I was actually looking forward to this fight. At least the art is looking great lately.

One Piece

Yeti Cool Brothers seem like they could be cool, but a pretty meh chapter overall. Wish there was a little more with the Law and Ceasar flashback, other than that there was too many scene changes made it seem kind of confusing. Thinking the brothers have guns that have different effects. It seemed important to point out which brother shot brownbeard, and Zoro and co. had no signs of getting shot by the same one. Or they didn't get attacked by the brothers and they just took credit for something else that happened to them.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach

Probably the first down chapter of this arc for me, just kind of meh and a step back in pacing compared to the rest of the arc.

Naruto

Can't believe I was actually looking forward to this fight. At least the art is looking great lately.

One Piece

Yeti Cool Brothers seem like they could be cool, but a pretty meh chapter overall.
I basically feel the exact same for all of these. Kubo needs to be more creative with Ichigo's fights or go back to Soul Society. Kishimoto needs to nuke this entire side of the battlefield. Oda needs to pick up the pace or start revealing some shit little by little.

I basically feel the exact same for all of these. Kubo needs to be more creative with Ichigo's fights or go back to Soul Society. Kishimoto needs to nuke this entire side of the battlefield. Oda needs to pick up the pace or start revealing some shit little by little.

I think Kubo needs to just get to the point with this fight. It seems like it's just there to reveal some back story for the group to the readers and to Ichigo, but it's dragging it out on something that was pretty much known right away. He needs to get to the point and move on like he had been doing the rest of the arc.

I think Oda is revealing little bits at a time, I just think the spread out nature of this chapter made it seem slower paced and less full. That's why I wish he just went with a little more with Law and Ceasar and maybe drop a little hint at Joker. At least it showed Law was there by choice and can get rid of the theory that he is there to save his crew. I guess he still could be, but it seems Ceasar doesn't have anything to do with it and it's just a mutual agreement to live on the island.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bring back Hichigo trying to take control of Ichigo in battle or diving into zangetsu to meet zangetsu again.
This is actually true. This is a way that Kubo could easily and instantly turn Ichigo's fights from boring to swag-mode. Fuck what people say, Hichigo is a boss. That, or a Zangetsu visitation like you said.

I'm hoping that the VR's ability to steal Bankai...or whatever the nature of that ability is, leads to the return of Zangetsu or Hichigo.

Air Gear 204-206
tumblr_lnb8i974uM1qdahp5o1_400.jpg

Pretty impressive that Air Trek is even big enough to get politicians involved internationally. Guess I can add him to the list of presidents in manga (I think Ive seen Reagan, Clinton) in some and now Obama (before he was a president at that)...Though he feels OOC.

I think Kubo needs to just get to the point with this fight. It seems like it's just there to reveal some back story for the group to the readers and to Ichigo, but it's dragging it out on something that was pretty much known right away. He needs to get to the point and move on like he had been doing the rest of the arc.

He did though. By saying that the Ishidas don´t follow the same ideology with regards to quincy powers. I thought that was big. I thought for a while that Ichigo vs. Ishida will happen but it seems like it won´t.

I hope Zangetsu shows up. I have been hoping for that since Ichigo got his shinigami powers back.

He did though. By saying that the Ishidas don´t follow the same ideology with regards to quincy powers. I thought that was big. I thought for a while that Ichigo vs. Ishida will happen but it seems like it won´t.

I hope Zangetsu shows up. I have been hoping for that since Ichigo got his shinigami powers back.

I agree with you it can be pretty big, but I think the encounter as a whole is dragging on for little reason. It just doesn't seem like there is much more info to get across other than they're more advanced quincies(quinci? quincys?) and the Ishidas are against their ideology. But this is just my gripe with this chapter, if the rest of the arc moved in typical Bleach fashion I probably wouldn't have thought the same way when it got to this chapter.

survivor

Banned
AKB49 vol 1

I would like this more if Akimoto wasn't a douche that you see in all these battle shounen exam arcs where they act so random and every nonsensical action is apparently the correct answer.

upandaway

Bub, your beelze is showing

Futaba's horse, man. Also the only way everyone managed to get Oga in a group picture is by gathering around his seat :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just out of curiosity, at what number in its sales can a manga can be considered "safe"?

GE is one of the worst sellers in WSM and hasn't gotten cancelled. WSM doesn't go Donald Trump all the time like SJ does though.

Dresden

goda
After this week's sales, Oricon has calculated that over 100 million copies of One Piece have been sold in four years — making it the first series in any book category to break 100 million in sales since the company began publishing its ranking charts in April 2008.
koda
36th Annual Kodansha Award said:
Best Children's Manga
Ema Toyama
Watashi ni xx Shinasai! (Missions of Love)
Serialized in Nakayoshi (Kodansha)

Best Shōnen Manga
Marimo Ragawa
Mashiro no Oto
Serialized in Monthly Shōnen Magazine (Kodansha)

Best Shōjo Manga
Setona Mizushiro
Shitsuren Chocolatier (Un chocolatier de l'amour perdu)
Serialized in Monthly flowers (Shogakukan)

Best General Manga
Makoto Yukimura
Vinland Saga
Serialized in Afternoon (Kodansha)

scy

From what I've read of it it's tame (and also kinda bad). Maybe it changes as it goes.

I actually keep up with it. Just confused as to why it's in the "Children's Manga" category.

Guess it winning this removes my hopes and dreams of the childhood friend of the guy going full yandere and murdering everyone.

gunbo13

lol said:
Watashi ni xx Shinasai! (Missions of Love)
Well, an adult kindergarten teacher wants to bang a high school girl. There are forced hickies performed to "mark" a girl. Two kids like to perform sexual acts in the classroom when nobody is around.

Somebody is thinking about the children. Bless their heart.

Solune

I didn't know Children like derpy faces. It's a shame because I'd be all for it if the art wasn't bad.
Well, an adult kindergarten teacher wants to bang a high school girl. There are forced hickies performed to "mark" a girl. Two kids like to perform sexual acts in the classroom when nobody is around.

Somebody is thinking about the children. Bless their heart.

Well at least the premise is ever so slightly better than Kodomo no Jikan

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I didn't know Children like derpy faces. It's a shame because I'd be all for it if the art wasn't bad.

Well at least the premise is ever so slightly better than Kodomo no Jikan

I haven't read KnJ

But I'm sure it has better execution than Watashi wa blah blah xx

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still have no idea why Kishimoto thought it was a good idea to just randomly switch to Dr. Snakes and abandon every other battle. I suppose it's possible Sasuke's fight could result in Edo Tensei ending, which would invalidate one of the other fights, but dropping the Madara-Kage fight would be a *huge copout*

I'm already pretty suspect at the fact that all 5 fucking Kages at the same time can't fight Madara. It's ridiculous. Madara is basically Goku level for no apparent reason.

I still have no idea why Kishimoto thought it was a good idea to just randomly switch to Dr. Snakes and abandon every other battle. I suppose it's possible Sasuke's fight could result in Edo Tensei ending, which would invalidate one of the other fights, but dropping the Madara-Kage fight would be a *huge copout*

I'm already pretty suspect at the fact that all 5 fucking Kages at the same time can't fight Madara. It's ridiculous. Madara is basically Goku level for no apparent reason.

How many of the Kages have eye magic?

Angry Grimace

How many of the Kages have eye magic?

The worst part is that we're clearly about to launch into three straight chapters detailing how another fucking Eye Magic™ technique works and why it invalidates the entire fight we just spend 8 chapters on.

Maron

GE is one of the worst sellers in WSM and hasn't gotten cancelled. WSM doesn't go Donald Trump all the time like SJ does though.

Ah, so that's why there's never been talk of an anime after all this time. Latest chapters look like it's leading more to an end anyway so I guess the author's hoping to wrap this up and create a more popular panty-flashing manga next time.

Big One

Banned
As far as I can tell you only recently started repeatedly using "manly" as a vague catch-all positive although, no, I didn't read your posts on Toriko, given I don't intend to ever read Toriko. It sounds a lot more like you just visited some archived posts on the Best Page in the Universe recently.
Considering I don't like Maddox, especially after seeing him on Penn and Teller's Bullshit, that is highly doubtful. If you pay attention to my posts at all then you'd know that I love manly ass shit and some of my first manga reads were FotNS and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

survivor

Banned
Giant Killing vol 6

They need to have another fully focused match like the one against Nagoya. The focus on Sera was cool and unexpected and the new forward, Natsuki is an awesome guy. Thought he will have a bitchy attitude but he hit it off with the coach very fast.

-----

Where is my smut manga recommendations? I need to satisfy my hunger

upandaway

Toriko

Oh nice. I didn't expect that. I started to get it when the dude first said "it'll surely appear", but it only really clicked a bit before the reveal.

Regarding Food Immersion... what. Huh? That's not how metabolism works, battery man!

Picked up.
:lol be sure to report back

No. 6 16
tumblr_m3tw3xwhog1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Surprised that they added in material that wasnt from the anime, that is, Fennec was never mentioned in the anime last summer nor the fate of that politician if I recall. Crazy. Otherwise the other stuff was great to see mangalized. Still remember this dance scene as well as their pre-bed conversation following his recovery. Next chapter will be good, though now Im curious if we get more of the non anime material in and no more Safu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom