• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guesong

That thing has appeared before in fake Karakura town. It tore out Matsumoto's stomach and beat Hisagi near to death until Yamamoto one shotted it.

That doesn't ring anything in my memory but I'll take your word on it. :)

So we can safely assume Fodder will also oneshot it in the next chapter, perhaps in an even more convincing manner that Yamamoto did, before the surprise Ichigo takedown (complete with a panel depicting Fodder being caught off-guard by Ichigo who shunpo-ed behind him).

I thought the fact this was the final act would push Kubo into going balls-out with a good rhythm...:(

upandaway

One Piece

I love Bon Clay. He's so silly! I can't hate someone that silly.

Also, the nature of the way he's revealed to be alive means we won't know the details on how he survived. Those hoping for it should eat a lot of chocolate and not hope for it.

Maybe in an SBS, but Oda just goes full ___ there.

About the bigfoots, dang. I dunno what trick they pulled on Zoro but it looks like they really got him. Whatever it was, he looks completely unharmed, so it can't be the gun or anything resembling a real fight.
A name like "Cool Brothers" makes you think they're all wacky and fun times schoolgirl holiday, but they were so serious. Man, they were really serious.
For now I'm imagining their faces as similar to those of Monster Point Chopper. I hope they're not wacky faces. It's possible they're hiding their faces due to shame but I dunno, I hope not.

And finally, what's up with so many people immediately assuming these guys are fodder? We're not in timeskip mode anymore, FI is over. They may not have the sharpest fingernails in the world, but I'm still expecting them to give some of the hardest fights on the island.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra was some plot armor bullshit too so don't even Stat. His hollow powers basically give him the edge to win some.
It was plot armor, I never would say it wasn't. BUT... it made sense in the context of the story and didn't really make a character previously built up to be great look like a sudden idiot for no reason. So I don't see what you're trying to say here.

But none of that conversation had anything to do with Bleach anyway so...
Don't even try it. You're obviously trying to save Kubo-face by reading into something not there, or by twisting things to make sense for you.
Or maybe we can wait and see what a direct explanation is from Uryu/Ryuuken's mouth. Speculation about what is the reason for something never hurts. Calling it bullshit before we get explanations is jumping the gun, though.

gunbo13

Goddamnit, lack of Big 3 releases recently lulled me in a false sense of security. So many posts to go through :(
I never have a clue what any of you guys are talking about on Wednesdays. Just a lot of name dropping and somehow nobody ever agrees on anything.

Bleach
tumblr_m3rmv1NaGo1qa6vgoo1_400.jpg

Feels like its been awhile since weve seen Getsuga Tenshou, nice to have it back in the plot again. Kirge Opie looks like he is having fun and even Ichigo too, he laughed and even smiled. This made it almost as fun as the Ichigo Grimmjow fight.

scy

I never have a clue what any of you guys are talking about on Wednesdays. Just a lot of name dropping and somehow nobody ever agrees on anything.

I'm like two or three chapters behind on the Big 3 and I'm not sure about half the posts.

Then again, I didn't read the posts so who knows!

Mr. Fix

WTF is this shit? Like you are trying to justify how Bon Clay is alive? SMFH.

My assumption. Hence the bolded. And here you are claiming like what you said was a fact.

bleach
god why is kubo wasting my time with fodder monster and fodder arrancar girls shit?

Godlike pacing indeed!

@stat
animated-gifs-28-08.gif

Bleach
Kirge Opie looks like he is having fun and even Ichigo too, he laughed and even smiled.

New avi incoming?

MCD

The bigger insult is throwing Bon Clay in that prison area IMO. Pretty much telling us not to expect to see him for years to come.

Fuck this.

Big One

Banned
My assumption. Hence the bolded. And here you are claiming like what you said was a fact.
Yeah I don't see the fuss. You have to understand that Bon Clay "died" before his appearance in Impel Down too. In Alabasta his crew sacrificed itself to save the Strawhats from the Marines and it was manly tears (first encounter with the "Okama Way"). Then he does it again in Impel Down. In both situations, we never see what happens to really know for sure and are meant to be manly tear moments. To top it all off, Bon Clay has been confirmed to be "captured" for weeks now, which I've even brought into this thread a while back.

I'm glad Bon Clay is alive because he's an awesome character who is destined to have an important role in the series someday. And when he actually does die it'll be the saddest shit you've ever experience in your LYFE.

I definitely didn't the Bon was dead...and am very pleased he isnt...he is hardly a minor character. Easily one of my fave's outside the SHs

Solune

Is this the part where ManGAF leads each other into a whole bunch of misunderstandings and people are tsun for each other but everybody makes up again and Bros gonna bro?

survivor

Banned
I need more smut manga to read. Something as funny and dirty as Chronicles of Street Observation Research

Is this the part where ManGAF leads each other into a whole bunch of misunderstandings and people are tsun for each other but everybody makes up again and Bros gonna bro?
which pixiv artist drew your avatar?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

"ManGAF" implies something way different than MangaGAF does.

Also, since when did Big One get all this character development? He seems to have gained a new obsession with "manliness."

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
E's

So much wasted potential on part of the author... I really didn't feel like much at all was accomplished in 16 volumes. Better than the anime adaptation, but still. Disappointing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Medaka Box 145

Spoilers time...
Zenkichi finally gets his own mode :0 the glasses come off and he gets fully black hair... must see rest of chapter :00

Mr. Fix

It is a fact. Or did you not understand this chapter?

So does that mean you didn't understand the situation with Magellan and Bon Clay at Impel Down then(Blackbeard running around)?

Quincy being alive is dumb as shit. It totally ruins the moment that we thought that the quincy died and being blatantly told that Ryuken/Ishida were the last Quincies. Dumb as shit, but whatever.

Try to be more consistent. If you're gonna claim that the quincy thing was planned, you can't be shitting on the OP(specifically the Bon Clay situation) for same reasons. At least Oda's allusions/foreshadowing are obvious. We don't need to be reaching so hard. That's the difference.

But hey, even a single panel/cover page is enough to spark this much discussion. Quality panels/images are worth a thousand words. :lol

So does that mean you didn't understand the situation with Magellan and Bon Clay at Impel Down then(Blackbeard running around)?

What the hell are you talking about? You really don´t understand anything, do you? The fact is that this chapter clearly states that there are ideological difference between the Ishidas and the VR. It´s not the first time that someone deny another´s affiliation with them because of different ideology. Apparently you don´t follow politics. But it´s ok. You continue making a fool out of yourself.

Try to be more consistent. If you're gonna claim that the quincy thing was planned, you can't be shitting on OP for same reasons. At least Oda's allusions/foreshadowing are obvious. We don't need to be reaching so hard. That's the difference.
Hurr durr. Soken hinted way back that he did not want another war. Ryuuken is not interested in being a quincy. He definitely did not mean that Uryuu can declare war on Soul Society. I already mentioned this, you not acknowledging it does not mean that it did not happen.
But hey, even a single panel/cover page is enough to spark this much discussion. Quality panels/images are worth a thousand words.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_picture_is_worth_a_thousand_words. I guess i have to teach you some culture.
Indeed.

Mr. Fix

And you can continue reaching, and making assumptions. I'm just saying that it's really dumb for you to be so surprised that Bon Clay survived, yet you're perfectly fine with the Quincy situation. Maybe you just got excited some people were discussing the situation, and hopped on to shit on it just because the majority usually praises OP. But whatever, hurr durr right?

It´s not assumptions one bit. It was mentioned before and it was not directed at Uryuu. I don´t care what people like or praise. I am not a sheep, and i have my own opinion. Yes, Bon Clay surviving is dumb shit, especially after the heart felt goodbye that he was saying to Luffy. It was a high stake situation, and it´s unbelievable that Magelan did not gas his ass. Especially when he was very pissed since there were a lot of escapees. He killed many prisoners without a second thought, yet he did not kill the one who helped the prisoners escape by taking the the personality of the warden. But you keep getting butthurt over people not liking your precious manga.

Mr. Fix

You seem to keep forgetting that Blackbeard was in Impel Down at the same time.

But keep getting butthurt over people not liking your precious manga.

This coming from you? Proper criticism is fine. Yours just feels biased and reaks of bitterness. Especially in this situation, as Bon Clay surviving shouldn't be surprising at all.

One Piece
tumblr_m3rardFEhz1rtxvdio1_500.png

I didnt like the chapter that much. Too many location changes made it hard to follow and diluted any of the meaning in them. Zoro and co's part was just baffling and disappointing if Oda actually did allow them to be defeated by these creatures. Im not buying they were killed though, as in no world would Zoro be on a character to be offed in the straw hats crew list. Law managed to salvage the chapter with the epic last panel, if only his attacks were shown on panel. I hope we get more of these in the future, if Oda is going to keep key straw hats separated.

Why are the character designs this arc so ugly, the girl (Monet) has the worst glasses imaginable (actually reminds me of that girl in Yugioh 5D's, Carly Carmine)
tumblr_lwt1w4gdPP1qkgj66o1_250.jpg

gunbo13

Bleach (ch491)

What to say really. Those are some mighty fine giant elf shoes that Nazi's got. Quincy gives you wings. Uh...why didn't those three fodder die? So that we get a disruption for the holy Nazi so he can show off his super powers I guess. Then Ichigo, who is slow-playing hardcore right now as usual, is going to bonk him on the head.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Ha! That's what I thought when I saw Monet's glasses. Funny since this is an arc about mad scientists.

I wish they'd get around to giving a reason for any of this shit happening.

1) Why the hell is Law there? Why does he need/want such an island?
2) Why does Dr Steampunk need to be there? What is he supposed to be doing?
3) Why are there yetis with rifles?

I wish they'd get around to giving a reason for any of this shit happening.

1) Why the hell is Law there? Why does he need/want such an island?
2) Why does Dr Steampunk need to be there? What is he supposed to be doing?
3) Why are there yetis with rifles?

All of this will be answered in future chapters.

All of this will be answered in future chapters.

The only thing left to be answer is about Law .
The yeti bros are most likely just some new enemy like usual .
If he talking about CC we know he there to do experiments while supervising the guys he mess up years ago and prove he is number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom