• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

Who wins any given fight is usually painfully obvious, the entertaining part is seeing it unfold. Even in cases where somebody did guess wrong, fights that people actually care about take long enough that most people would forget who placed bets on who.
I guess I'm not cool enough then. I just wait until the next chapter.

Combine

Banned
Naruto:

I'm no longer surprised at what Madara can do. I'm actually glad Kishi is going all out on a super overpowered guy when he normally finds a way to weaken them or not make them go all out. It's clear though now that winning the battle is unattainable by the Kages as he is clearly close to the level of The Sage of Six Paths (according to Tobi, he is likely the second Sage of Six Paths, as that's what Tobi referred to himself when he was masquerading as Madara) with all his power.

Loved the last panel with Kabuto. Guy is clearly not afraid or even the slightest bit alarmed at being cornered by both Itachi and Sasuke. Can't wait to see what he's going to bring out.
kabutoe.jpg

Naruto:

It's clear though now that winning the battle is unattainable by the Kages as he is clearly close to the level of The Sage of Six Paths (according to Tobi, he is likely the second Sage of Six Paths, as that's what Tobi referred to himself when he was masquerading as Madara) with all his power.

Loved the last panel with Kabuto. Guy is clearly not afraid or even the slightest bit alarmed at being cornered by both Itachi and Sasuke. Can't wait to see what he's going to bring out.
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/418/kabutoe.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Although the Lady Tsunade comeback was surprising, I think I still must believe that there is no way for the Kage to win. The only solution would be for the Resurrection jutsu to be taken out.

Only issue with the Kabuto fight is if somehow Orochimaru has some resurgence, otherwise he should put up a good fight, one of the highlights of that meeting.

Desmond

Although the Lady Tsunade comeback was surprising, I think I still must believe that there is no way for the Kage to win. The only solution would be for the Resurrection jutsu to be taken out.

Only issue with the Kabuto fight is if somehow Orochimaru has some resurgence, otherwise he should put up a good fight, one of the highlights of that meeting.

Kabuto will move Madara to the Itachi/Sasuke fight

Khezu

Kabuto is not fighting evenly against those too unless he summones someone stronger than Madara. Jiraiya and Shisui maybe? I assume he has their DNA even though he denied it

Shisui would be interesting for more Uchiha exposition, but toad dude would be weird, and honestly I wouldn't want him to show up unless he fought naruto.

I don't think kabuto is going to summon anything, everyone seems to forgot how powerful orochimaru was, sure magic eyes and genjutsu owned him free, but after all the time fucking around with madaras corpse, I think he found some anti eye tech, similar with that bullshit he pulled with yamato.

I'm still confused as to why he can't unsummon itachi, I mean at worst he has to desummon all of them, but then he can just resummon madara a couple seconds later, and maybe even itachi again since it might reset the crow thing.

Subprime

Shisui would be interesting for more Uchiha exposition, but toad dude would be weird, and honestly I wouldn't want him to show up unless he fought naruto.

I don't think kabuto is going to summon anything, everyone seems to forgot how powerful orochimaru was, sure magic eyes and genjutsu owned him free, but after all the time fucking around with madaras corpse, I think he found some anti eye tech, similar with that bullshit he pulled with yamato.

I'm still confused as to why he can't unsummon itachi, I mean at worst he has to desummon all of them, but then he can just resummon madara a couple seconds later, and maybe even itachi again since it might reset the crow thing.

Didn't he say he couldn't unsummon them? Maybe he isn't lying.

Kabuto

Naruto

good chapter. I agree with you guys, Madara is wayyyy too OP. 26 Susanoo's? c'mon now.

Does anyone know what Tsunade was trying to do? Was she trying to throw Susanoo's finger at Madara?

One Piece

Holy crap, those prisoners are huge. I wonder if the World Government is going to use those hearts for something.

Articalys

Cheese is delicious.

KNIM 25
You seem to have a rather impulsive character, Haruto-kun.
You know what's a fun drinking game to play with KNIM? Take a shot every time a character says "Heh?" or similar interjections of surprise, twice if it's Haruto.
Just don't expect to live very long.

You know what's a fun drinking game to play with KNIM? Take a shot every time a character says "Heh?" or similar interjections of surprise, twice if it's Haruto.
Just don't expect to live very long.
Sorry, the last time I did a drinking game with something media-related was with friends and we watched Twilight 1 and decided to take a shot each time we would rage/laugh at something. We finally decide to take sips instead as we say we were depleting our vodka/martini stock quite fast
We still emptied everything before the fucking movie finished - cue some memory loss, strange stains on my wall and embarrassing photos.

So I don't think I'll do another thing like that anytime soon
Well, except for the Smurf game when you have to take a shot each time you hear "smurf". We wanted to get wasted really fast
Is that the "fine, I'll get no the train with you!" chapter? Probably the first real sign of things to come.
Yeees, this one.

Until now, I've blamed all the discrepancies and stupid things Eba did on the account of ♥ love ♥*, after all, we can all do stupid things because of ♥ love ♥...but if she really did come back because of what was shown in the previous chapter (aka a 7-years-old boy telling to your 7-years-old self that if you have problems, you can come)...well, there better be a better explanation

* Hey I just remembered the chapter where Haruto received a sms from what's-her-name with a "♥" and he was like "Huh ? What is this strange symbol which appear to not be based on hiragana, katakana or kanji ?" DUDE IT'S A FREAKING HEART. GET. A. CLUE.

"every jutsu has a weakness. this jutsus weakness and risk is the existence of me"

okay, that was pretty boss. i like how sasuke just suddenly stopped being a pyscho too

gunbo13

Until now, I've blamed all the discrepancies and stupid things Eba did on the account of ♥ love ♥*, after all, we can all do stupid things because of ♥ love ♥...but if she really did come back because of what was shown in the previous chapter (aka a 7-years-old boy telling to your 7-years-old self that if you have problems, you can come)...well, there better be a better explanation
lol

Wiseblade

Yeees, this one.

A future of anger and disappointment awaits you.

I just prefer to imagine that this series ends with every single named character getting hit by a bus.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sorry, the last time I did a drinking game with something media-related was with friends and we watched Twilight 1 and decided to take a shot each time we would rage/laugh at something. We finally decide to take sips instead as we say we were depleting our vodka/martini stock quite fast
We still emptied everything before the fucking movie finished - cue some memory loss, strange stains on my wall and embarrassing photos.

So I don't think I'll do another thing like that anytime soon
Well, except for the Smurf game when you have to take a shot each time you hear "smurf". We wanted to get wasted really fast

Yeees, this one.

* Hey I just remembered the chapter where Haruto received a sms from what's-her-name with a "♥" and he was like "Huh ? What is this strange symbol which appear to not be based on hiragana, katakana or kanji ?" DUDE IT'S A FREAKING HEART. GET. A. CLUE.

Do I begin to see the rage slowly forming?

Azure J

We need a badge for Manga GAF members that make it through all of KNIM's trolling/rage. I remember just how much rage was going on around OT2 regarding the series and man, I just had to give it a shot. Is it funny that the rage part didn't get to me (that shit was stupid hilarious) as much as
the mehness going on post Eba and Haruto living together?

It only gets worse in that town. There should be some alternate endings/multiple routes or some crap like Amagami where Akari is the main love interest and they just do perverted shit.

Akari, Asuka, Kiyomi... Shit at this point it'd probably have been hilarious to see how things developed if Haruto got with the the crazy manga-ka chick. :lol

Wiseblade

We need a badge for Manga GAF members that make it through all of KNIM's trolling/rage. I remember just how much rage was going on around OT2 regarding the series and man, I just had to give it a shot. Is it funny that the rage part didn't get to me (that shit was stupid hilarious) as much as
the mehness going on post Eba and Haruto living together?

Akari, Asuka, Kiyomi... Shit at this point it'd probably have been hilarious to see how things developed if Haruto got with the the crazy manga-ka chick. :lol

I did rage, but I definitely enjoyed the rage far more than what's going on now.

Bossun

"every jutsu has a weakness. this jutsus weakness and risk is the existence of me"

okay, that was pretty boss. i like how sasuke just suddenly stopped being a pyscho too

That was the most awesome sentence in all naruto. That's how all characters should act instead of "please stop I know there's good deep down inside of everyone".

KNIM 28

So the town is in Hiroshima...that could explain things...

Well believe it or not my interested is a little piqued as to why Eba's patents lied...also does Haruto have psychics powers ? How did he know that ? In fact, scratch the romance, make this a manga about Haruto as a nuclear-genetically-enhanced-detective-psychic who resolves people's problems ! I'd read that !

Edit : damn auto correct -_-

Articalys

It's that time of week again. Nothing super-exciting to see here; no major new releases for a while, I guess.

*1, 204,333 *,474,084 Bleach vol.54
*2, 172,847 *,393,284 Bakuman vol.17
*3, 142,458 *,284,046 One Piece Blue Deep Characters World
*4, 124,335 *,289,653 To LOVE-Ru Darkness vol.4
*5, *87,695 *,179,540 SKET Dance vol.23
*6, *84,265 *,175,035 Beelzebub vol.15
*7, *82,199 *,*82,789 Akagami no Shirayuki Hime vol.7
*8, *80,490 *,165,677 Kuroko no Basket vol.16
*9, *79,302 *,*80,076 Ookami-heika no Hanayome vol.6
10, *78,807 *,*79,152 Gakuen Babysitters vol.5

11, *67,085 *,*68,548 Hana Yori mo Hana no Gotoku vol.10
12, *63,889 *,*63,889 Usagi Drop: Bangaihen vol.1
13, *59,900 *,*59,900 Hana no Zubora Meshi vol.2
14, *57,886 *,337,248 Glass Mask vol.48
15, *56,962 *,*56,962 Shinjuku Swan vol.31
16, *55,550 *,124,572 Medaka Box vol.14
17, *52,484 *,275,051 Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu vol.14
18, *49,009 *,*49,298 Vaglia no Hanayome
19, *45,538 2,940,201 One Piece vol.65
20, *45,043 *,*45,043 Amanchu! vol.4

21, *44,826 *,*44,826 World Embryo vol.9
22, *42,878 *,*42,878 Yume no Shizuku Kin no Kago vol.2
23, *42,288 *,*93,620 Kure-nai vol.9
24, *41,074 *,*41,074 Chugoku Yome Nikki vol.2
25, *36,245 *,118,615 Gaku - Minna no Yama vol.16
26, *35,950 *,*35,950 Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji: Kazuya-hen vol.8
27, *32,892 *,*32,892 Five Star Stories vol.7 Reboot
28, *32,656 *,*32,656 Triage X vol.4
29, *32,578 *,*32,578 Drop OG vol.2
30, *32,191 *,*32,191 Wangan Midnight vol.9

Combine

Banned
The 4th Hokage's sealing Jutsu could be a wild card here.
It would be fitting for Madara to meet his end by The Death God. But I don't think anyone else knew that technique outside of Minato and Hiruzen.

I don't believe the Kage's can win mainly because of the fact that they already tagged-teamed to bring him down and all they managed to do was seal his clone. And well, now with the 5 on 1 thing, it's pretty much done unless something happens to Madara outside of the Kages.

I guess Kishi is referring to Tobi just as "The Masked Man" now, at least in that first page.

Combine

Banned

Enjoyed that line, even though it pretty much was fanservice. As for Sasuke, I am interested in seeing how Kishi will write him back to being a "bad guy" so that he can battle Naruto. I mean, they eventually have to fight, right? (can't imagine Kishi deciding not to do that).

That was the most awesome sentence in all naruto. That's how all characters should act instead of "please stop I know there's good deep down inside of everyone".

whole heartedly agree. less huggy kissy friendship and more badassery

Enjoyed that line, even though it pretty much was fanservice. As for Sasuke, I am interested in seeing how Kishi will write him back to being a "bad guy" so that he can battle Naruto. I mean, they eventually have to fight, right? (can't imagine Kishi deciding not to do that).

yeah thats the funniest part. 2 chapters ago, sasuke looked like some murderous psycho and now that big brother itachi is back, hes like "brother youre such a l-l-liar! you b-better keep your promise this time, o-okaaayyy????"

maybe hell betray itachi? *shrug*

Apath

Naruto
I thought this chapter was awesome. Seems like this is the last of the setup, and it's actually interesting.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It would be fitting for Madara to meet his end by The Death God. But I don't think anyone else knew that technique outside of Minato and Hiruzen.
They have a whole library of forbidden scrolls. If the 5th wanted to, she could've looked it up at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom