• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

How's Freezing ? The first chapter gave me a stereotypical feeling...
It is not liked here (even though Beam always tells me to catch up, rightfully so as of late) and has one of the worst manga arcs ever. But...it is so fucking hype right now. So fucking hype. So. Fucking. Hype. Like Bleach when it hits a high note. It unfortunately starts at chapter 80 with previous arcs at times being horrendous but those are the breaks.

Chiffon is a goddess!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It is not liked here (even though Beam always tells me to catch up, rightfully so as of late) and has one of the worst manga arcs ever. But...it is so fucking hype right now. So fucking hype. So. Fucking. Hype. Like Bleach when it hits a high note. It unfortunately starts at chapter 80 with previous arcs at times being horrendous but those are the breaks.

Chiffon is a goddess!

I was getting to that arc, but the influx of annoying characters skyrocketed in the 70's, haven't touched it since.

Chiffon is a goddess!

having seen what i've seen it should be interesting seeing your thoughts on this...

gunbo13

having seen what i've seen it should be interesting seeing your thoughts on this...
Nah dude, I know what you're talking about. That's not a big deal.
She was way too OP. You can't have such a character that is leagues above the rest. But she was shown at her peak badassness, which is all I can ask for. Plus, I'm not THAT Invested into the manga. It is just hype right now and will settle to shit soon. Chiffon is still godlike.

TLDR: Freezing is only going to be interesting if Lana is the new central character. Not necessarily the new main heroine but deeply involved.

gunbo13

I hope [Improper Capture Method of Classmates and Labyrinth] gets translated. [Loose Relation between Wizard and Apprentice] (fuck these names are long) actually had some interesting concepts. But it was rushed and had a cluster-fuck of a narrative. It was all over the place and then some. I would expect the sophomore effort to be a bit better but there is nothing to read yet. :(

survivor

Banned
O/A vol 1

1YE7c.jpg

Fun little manga about an idol doing a late night radio talk show with another girl that has the same voice as her so she keeps taking her role telling a lot of dirty jokes. They went a bit overboard with the drama near the end of the volume but it was still a fun read

survivor

Banned
A Bride's Story vol 1

Amira is the perfect waifu. She cares for you, gets worried when you are sick, and she can hunt rabbits and wolves so you don't need to worry about bringing food home. The best waifu ever

Also dat magnificent art

Zekes!

A Bride's Story vol 1

Amira is the perfect waifu. She cares for you, gets worried when you are sick, and she can hunt rabbits and wolves so you don't need to worry about bringing food home. The best waifu ever

Also dat magnificent art

I keep seeing this in a couple bookstores I visit. I really should pick it up, huh?

flawfuls

Fuck, I honestly can't name many moms, let alone name the best one. Only ones I can name are Fee from Planetes and the mom from Punpun.

I can however name a lot of moms from h-manga

edit: oh yeah the one above is great

But you just did

rd50M.png

Mother of the year material right here.

Azure J

A Bride's Story vol 1

Also dat magnificent art

Did the story continue getting scanlated after
Englishman/adventurer dude had to leave awesome waifu and threw away the dowry for her?

I was fucked up for a bit after that scene. :'(

This page just reminded me I have TWGOK to read and I also should try to go further with Franken Fran.

gunbo13

The new Kenshin manga is out
Is he still a wuss in this one?
Only awesome when he was the manslayer. OVAs FTW...cept the ending...:(
A Bride's Story vol 1

Also dat magnificent art
It also becomes a painstakingly boring read unfortunately. Jumping around all over the place with SoL will do that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
the new kenshin being release was nice. i like the design of the new "manslayer". it feels more intimidating than the last one. there seems to be some differences from the original story. does anyone know how long this one is supposed to last?

Is he still a wuss in this one?
Only awesome when he was the manslayer. OVAs FTW...cept the ending...:(

wait, what? kenshin is a badass through and through. and that ending isnt canon

survivor

Banned
it seems like a revision. things are moving too fast compared to the original.

That's extremely pointless and lame. Whoever is behind this project can fuck themselves for being creatively bankrupt.

Yes you should, it's great. Only read the first 2 books myself but it's really a charming story.
I really hope nothing sad happens to Amira and her family. I don't think I can handle it :(

survivor

Banned
Nisekoi

No, no, no, no, no, no

Why did you ditch Onodera? Fuck you Chitoge. Why must you ruin everything?

Reading Nisekoi is suffering :(

Articalys

Sket Dance 193-194

The figurine chapter, who cares. But 194 was awesome. Shinpei and Kiri are total badasses.

What really got me depressed, though, was the color spread advert in chapter 193 -- reminding us all that these chapters are from last July. I can't blame TB for being slow, since they're apparently understaffed, but since Sket Dance is such a text heavy series there's probably no one else who wants to bother with it... is being a year behind going to be our fate forever? ;_;

scy

Nisekoi 25 - Best girl getting victory moments.

I tried reading the new Kenshin but like five pages in and twenty things happened and my memories of the original series began to cry.

Shouta

This new Kenshin is uh, interesting. I wonder where he'll take it. I don't think it'll be a straight remake of the original. I really hope he makes it different. I did laugh seeing Kenpachi from Bleach in the last panel, lol

survivor

Banned
Thank you kindly.

And read Conveni-N. It's only 8 chapters but it's very smutty from what I've seen....especially chapter 7...jeez.
My god, this exceeded all my expectations. smutgaf, READ THIS, trust me, it's too awesome

:lol. Insert Woody vid here. Seriously though Nisekoi isn't healthy for you.
I must continue the suffering

The Calm After The Rain Is Like Love.
Time for more smut

edit: just read it, Nisekoi should definitely have a scenario like but with Raku and Onodera. Come on doujin artists, get your ass on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom