• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Fairy Tail

This chapter... was actually kind of good. I mean the beginning portion was cliched shit (goddamn it lady, just give her the 2 keys so she can complete the set GOSH. I'm 99% sure Mashima wil have her join FT and be Lucy's partner or something.) but I actually liked the ending bit.

Shonen heroes are crazy by default, but its not every day where they bust into the big bads own room and demand a showdown. There's a 99% chance Natsu will get his ass kicked, but it'll be a treat to watch all the same. Been looking forward to him getting an actual fight.

PS: The Gray / Erza scene was good too.

Fairy Tail

This chapter... was actually kind of good. I mean the beginning portion was cliched shit (goddamn it lady, just give her the 2 keys so she can complete the set GOSH. I'm 99% sure Mashima wil have her join FT and be Lucy's partner or something.) but I actually liked the ending bit.

Two stellar spirit mages in the main four of Fairy Tail would be odd I think, considering she would only be able to use two of the spirits.

Sundome Vol. 1

This comic is pretty interesting, it reminds me of Onani Master Kurosawa for it's really blunt and honest portrayal of a desperate sexually frustrated teenager. It's mostly played for laughs, but there's a dark honesty to how far the main character is willing to go for the tiniest bit of action and how excited he'll get at the slightest provocation. I knew/ still know some dudes who weren't that far off, lol.

The odd sex acts
(dude masturbating with a nail in his urethra)
didn't gross me out since it was (almost) all off panel. The artist has a problem with his faces at times, though. Like he's not sure of where to place eyes or other features. It can cause some awkward moments where a character is supposed to be the object desire, but instead just ends up looking pretty weird.

Funny comic though, there's a lot of super exaggerated expressions, but I laughed at a bunch of them even with how often they're used. This one in particular got me good.

Shouta

School of Water Business 2 Vol. 1

It has returned! 10 years later, but lots of old faces and new ones. Oda Mari is back as a teacher and she's so hot. Thankfully, it hasn't lost the raunchiness and life lesson-ness of the original run either. Only in this manga would you get a 3 girl lesbian orgy that's actually a method to study for school tests. Can't wait for more, so much fun.

Crossblade + Cross Vol 3

Picks up where the story left out and almost all action this time around. Some key information about Haru happens and explains why Kazunari is so crazy right now. Kuushiro vs Haru as well and the apperance of the Knights. I just wish the volumes were longer or they came faster but the manga is as good as always.

survivor

Banned
Sundome Vol. 1

The odd sex acts
(dude masturbating with a nail in his urethra)
didn't gross me out since it was (almost) all off panel. The artist has a problem with his faces at times, though. Like he's not sure of where to place eyes or other features. It can cause some awkward moments where a character is supposed to be the object desire, but instead just ends up looking pretty weird.

That part was really freaking painful. And I didn't even think he would go with it but he fucking did. Dude is crazy.

That part was really freaking painful. And I didn't even think he would go with it but he fucking did. Dude is crazy.

Yeah it was pretty nuts how immediately down for it he was. I heard some story before, though, about a guy doing the same thing with a burning stick of incense. At least the nail wasn't on fire.

Cwarrior

Gyo 14

there sure is a lot of buttcheeks

Gyo ch15

the circus.....am so high right now..I think somone may have spiked my orange juice.

edit: thanks forgot about that

Yeah it was pretty nuts how immediately down for it he was. I heard some story before, though, about a guy doing the same thing with a burning stick of incense. At least the nail wasn't on fire.

It's quite frightening, to read this kind of thing when one doesn't exactly know what you're talking about...

Cwarrior

I've never seen the original HxH anime. But like a lot of things fans of the old one sometimes see things with shittinted glasses.

The new series is actually really good. The second season got a noticeable budget boost as well.

The new series is really great but old series is even better with extra filler that you would have no clue there filler, cause of how they fit into the canon and they actually add a lot to the canon material to make it even better, for example when gon finds out his father is alive and he decide to leave is home to set off to follow in the footsteps of his father that abounded him there scenes further developing his adopted mother(aunt mito) and why she decide to hide the truth from him(there in the manga and new series but not much time spent to flesh it out).

This the first time it's not all just fans wearing there shittytinted glasses, there just over exaggerated difference this time.

Sundome 1

Wait what ? Did he really went for the
nail in the urethra masturbation technique ? I felt my weewee shrinking when I read this ಠ_ಠ

survivor

Banned
I thought Code: Breaker was a manga about hackers and stuff from the name. Then I read the description and some random chapter and realized its another battle shounen shit with bad art

Sundome 1

Wait what ? Did he really went for the
nail in the urethra masturbation technique ? I felt my weewee shrinking when I read this ಠ_ಠ

There is even a worse scene later on and they actually don't hide it. My little guy was crying

Helen ESP 1-END

2986279lcati.png

Unexpectedly heartwarming coming from the Franken Fran author. It was a cute little read, but I prefer Fran's morbidness. Also the crossover was awesome.

flawfuls

Q.ko-chan the Earth Invader Girl

Well that was pretty cool. It's a weird cutesy mecha manga where they ride weird cutesy mecha, but it actually has this dark evangelion like story and really disturbed characters. The art is also very stylish.

But wow that was incredibly hard to follow. The pacing was way too fast, there were like 20 characters in 2 volumes, very few things were explained and it just cut back and forth from scene to scene far too often. It's a same really because the actual content of the story was pretty interesting and I sure would have liked to understand what was going on!

Zekes!

Q.ko-chan the Earth Invader Girl

Well that was pretty cool. It's a weird cutesy mecha manga where they ride weird cutesy mecha, but it actually has this dark evangelion like story and really disturbed characters. The art is also very stylish.

But wow that was incredibly hard to follow. The pacing was way too fast, there were like 20 characters in 2 volumes, very few things were explained and it just cut back and forth from scene to scene far too often. It's a same really because the actual content of the story was pretty interesting and I sure would have liked to understand what was going on!

I always meant to read this 'cause he also did the FLCL manga. Apparently, both this and the FLCL manga are all he's ever done, at least according to MU

Air Gear chps 206 - 228
tumblr_m2gck5YAPc1qa7ubto1_500.gif

That great moment when the Fang King Agito shows up! Virtual arc was pretty fun even if the ending was just baffling because of Obamas/Omoha's plotline, writer must really liked our presidential candidate back in the day. Stilll consistently surprised by the top three's development and skills (Ikki, Kazu, Agito).

The joke panels are hilarious, poor Adachi and the other girl.

flawfuls

I always meant to read this 'cause he also did the FLCL manga. Apparently, both this and the FLCL manga are all he's ever done, at least according to MU

Yeah I'm probably going to read he FLCL manga soon. This guy is clearly very talented it's a shame those are the only 2 things he has done.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well that Gyo manga was rather... creepy and very short.

But mostly very creepy, holy shit. Does it really end like that? Feels like a lot is missing to properly end it.

survivor

Banned
Helen ESP 1-END

Unexpectedly heartwarming coming from the Franken Fran author. It was a cute little read, but I prefer Fran's morbidness. Also the crossover was awesome.

Just finished reading it. Really loved all of Helen's little adventures and the last extra chapter was funny. Good manga

Zekes!

KNIM

This should really end

Another a note, I really like Part 4 of JoJo. I think it's my favourite part so far.

Retcon: This is an intense battle of Rock, Paper, Scissors

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
TWGOK

Ayumi <3. That is all.

Fairy Tail

Love how Natsu just broke in like he doesn't care. Too bad it'll probably end up in regular Shonen fashion with him getting his ass kicked there and winning in the tournament.

KNIM

Not much happening again. Nagoshi makes me laugh a little though.

K-On So I guess this is ending again? Says next chapter is the last one. The first time it ended I wasn't happy, but I understood why it ended where it did. I don't understand why it's just suddenly stopping now. I guess I didn't realize the concert was that big a deal.

dumbyugi

K-On So I guess this is ending again? Says next chapter is the last one. The first time it ended I wasn't happy, but I understood why it ended where it did. I don't understand why it's just suddenly stopping now. I guess I didn't realize the concert was that big a deal.

I'm pretty sure only the college part is ending, Azusa and friends is still going to keep going. At least that's what I've heard.

2San

Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! 1-4

I...err...like it
379.gif

EDIT : Wait it's a multiple manga project and there's even a freaking timeline ?!
It's based on one line of novels though. You have the main series and rest are pretty much fluff, but the fluff is pretty good imo, except for the Shoujo manga one(Miu-sama is right, if I remember correctly).

Franken Fran 61.5 [END-EXTRA]

Never thought I'd want to use the words 'heartwarming' and 'Franken Fran' in the same sentence again, let alone on the same page.

Well, I guess that's the last piece of new Fran material I'll ever read. It'd take surgery to fix my sadface right now.

gunbo13

Freezing (current)

All the haters are missing out. Shit is mad hype right now.

Chiffon opened them eyes and she looks even better. And is she basically a test tube baby created from Maria Lancelot? They were supposed to have failed in doing so where they need the pandora instead. Chiffon also looks even better with her eyes opened and she seems to be human, though way closer to nova type. Cool idea that accel turn was also designed for these nova type forms and not just for pandora use. If Amelia doesn't calm her shit, then Chiffon is going to need some help. Maybe the worthless MC will use his god-freeze, which seems to happen totally at random with different power levels each time...

gunbo13

The street observation club version is cool, but I also like the other ones.
You mean the uncomfortable lolicon, shoujo of a 10yr old, school life SoL of a 14yr old, boring school life summary, and another shoujo of a 3yr old versions?

You sir, have earned my contempt once again.
Or for the first time? I don't remember.

survivor

Banned
since it's Mother's Day, who's the best mom in manga? I'm sure you could make a case for all the mom's in h-manga...

Fuck, I honestly can't name many moms, let alone name the best one. Only ones I can name are Fee from Planetes and the mom from Punpun.

I can however name a lot of moms from h-manga

edit: oh yeah the one above is great

You mean the uncomfortable lolicon, shoujo of a 10yr old, school life SoL of a 14yr old, boring school life summary, and another shoujo of a 3yr old versions?

You sir, have earned my contempt once again.
Or for the first time? I don't remember.
All of them !
Am I doing this right ?

I like the version where the chara design changes between each chapter.

How's Freezing ? The first chapter gave me a stereotypical feeling...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
All of them !
Am I doing this right ?

I like the version where the chara design changes between each chapter.

How's Freezing ? The first chapter gave me a stereotypical feeling...

It's one of Im Dal Young's better series (which obviously isn't saying much), if you like boobs and gore and some infuriating plot arcs and too many annoying characters this manga is just right for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom