• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Nisekoi

This chapter supplied me with 1 more picture I can use when I choose to kill everyone in this thread with one post.

I now possess 3 of these, although one is a gif. My arsenal is slowly growing.

upandaway

Hayate

Is it really that bad to have a circle on the side? I guess she's been a bit too loose with keeping her identity hidden, but aside from that, the manager is just being a whore with that nonsense.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

This chapter supplied me with 1 more picture I can use when I choose to kill everyone in this thread with one post.

I now possess 3 of these, although one is a gif. My arsenal is slowly growing.

Chitoge's totally winning. It's gonna be hilarious.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Although i don't read this at all I can see the meltdowns from some posters already lol

Still persists, still believes, still unyielding.

kosaki_onodera_by_the_rov_d4tw5rw.jpg

Gave this one a read simply due to the Kodansha award, and now I see why it won. Really enjoyed this one.

The protagonist is an entertaining mix of talent, delusion and depression, to the point where I'm not really sure if the villain is
the fairy
or simply himself. Either way, there is this interesting sense that "revenge is coming", but it's hard to say when.

There's also a bit of chocolate construction info spouted at times but it's nowhere near the level of Yakitate!! Japan or the various cooking manga out there, if you're concerned.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still like the fact that being "half-american" in Japanese comics means you are free to be a blue-eyed blonde who speaks Japanese; generally also a tsundere.

survivor

Banned
A Bride's Story vol 2

A new waifu was introduced this volume. She is good at making bread so that's a plus but she seems a bit too tsundere. Hope we see more of her in the future volumes.

The trouble with Amira and her old family hit its conclusion. I really had no idea what they were thinking going up against an entire village when they were only 10 guys. They must have though their horses will scare them or something.

Art is still too good and the pacing is awesome. Even if I hit a part where it's not interesting, I can always just look at the pretty art.

Angry Grimace

Dear KNIM: Please stop continuing to exist.

Regards,

The Management

Cwarrior

Chitoge's totally winning. It's gonna be hilarious.

In other news water is wet, team rocket blast off yet again, the powerpuff girls save townsvillel and clark kent may actually be superman *gasp*

Although i don't read this at all I can see the meltdowns from some posters already lol

When the entire premise of the manga is about main guy and main girl who dislike each other slowly falling in wove and hocking with each other, then the big mystery here is why does a team even exist.

But you just did

rd50M.png

Mother of the year material right here.

I don't know what am looking at....looks like wolfguy

Angry Grimace

In other news water is wet, team rocket blast off yet again, the powerpuff girls save townsvillel and clark kent may actually be superman *gasp*

When the entire premise of the manga is about main guy and main girl who dislike each other slowly falling in wove and hocking with each other, then the big mystery here is why does a team even exist.

The entire purpose of Nisekoi is cute girls doing cute things. The actual story is irrelevant. It's not like say, Tsugumi and Ruri are there for anything other than cutesy fanservice or that they could do anything but be in the harem.

In TWGOK news, as much as this is going to pain the Wakaki fan club, i.e. MangaGAF, I don't really see what the fuck was the purpose of the Ayumi in a wedding dress thing or the whole part where he went to her house. It was all very strange and made no sense.

Air Gear 228 - 263
tumblr_m411qfM77b1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Still continues to be one of the series where Im reading and often have no clue whats happening, but the way the events happen and how epic characters get makes me enjoy the ride quite a bit. For example, the mecha fights in one arc, the basis of fighting on moving airplanes, characters seemingly spouting black holes and tornados, is shocking and baffling but kind of cool. Akito Kazu had the best moment so far, and Aeon Clock.

Konna Nekomimi, Suki desu ka? 1
Would have actually renewed my interest in the cat people type stories because of at least there being magic and a magic school, but the swift pace of getting the characters to confess their love and then ending it was awkward and odd. Should have at least had it last over a few chapters.

survivor

Banned
Hayate no Gotoku vol 1

This is not that bad. Gets a little wordy at times but the humour is still there. The art is kinda meh but it will probably improve later on so it's not a big problem.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kimi no Iru Machi.

I don't get it.

What is it about Seo's work that makes it connecting so much with so many people? I assume this since his series are successful... but I personally just can't see how a series with so many rage inducing scenes can be as successful as his...... Maybe it's his art or something? That can't be just it.

One Outs

Hmmm, I wonder who's gonna end up buying the team. I doubt Tokuchi cares enough, but he'll probably at least play a role in preventing it from being dissolved.

survivor

Banned
I only read the newest chapter of Aku no Hana and I saw a girl asking some dude to have sex. Should I assume the rest of the series is like this?

Defuser

Nisekoi
What's so good about Chitoge? Dammit Raku, should have ignore her and continue with Onodera.

I'm staying on the Onodera ship even if it's a sinking ship.

flawfuls

Ready the comments from people starting Aku no Hana is funny.

They know not of the great journey that awaits them.

I only read the newest chapter of Aku no Hana and I saw a girl asking some dude to have sex. Should I assume the rest of the series is like this?

Not really. It's not a harem manga. The best way to describe it would be Masturbation Master Kurosawa in reverse.

Kusagari

I just caught up on Aku no Hana.

It being compared to Kurosawa in reverse is actually pretty apt.

And just like Kurosawa had a good end, I'm sensing a bad end is coming here.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rex Fabula 5

Homare's ability was unexpected... especially the final "wish." He's a total boss though :0 Can't wait to read more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom