• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

Naruto
Kabuto: That's impossible!!
Itachi: It's Izanami. /manga

Oh, Kishi.

Bleach
I thought y'all knew Kubo uses the same handful of faces, only he mixes it up with hair and clothing. So bland. Meh chapter.

One Piece
Where is it!?
tumblr_m1ye4dANJL1qgxqujo1_500.gif

Naruto: F-

This was a long, 22 page chapter of utter SHIT.

Naruto: F-

This was a long, 22 page chapter of utter SHIT.
more like 17, there was a bunch of fan colorings at the beginning man but yea this chaoter suked. I liked seeing Itachi patting Kabuto on the head though.

Bleach
boring and Kubo can't come up with good character designs, everyone has the same face. I think I'll wait for the manga to end before I pick it back up again.

Mr. Fix

Is that when he reads the news thing while training? what's with the eyes reaction?

He's trying to figure out what the point was for Luffy going back to Marineford. It didn't take long for the others to figure out what 3D2Y meant. But being Zoro and all... hah!

Kubo can't come up with good character designs, everyone has the same face.

It's like mix and matching! See Ichigo? Remove the hair, add Ishida's hair and who do you get? Ishida! Swap in Aizen's hair instead and make the face grin/smug and you get Aizen too.

Erigu

Bleach
Let's stand here for the entire chapter and talk about things you already knew!
Now, now... There was that great bit about the current conflict being a tragic war between two goods: those who try to maintain balance, and those who don't give a shit about ultimately triggering the end of the world (<- maybe they just forgot to mention that little detail, during those failed negotiations?).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: D+

Thanks for the refresher course Kubo. But we already knew...What WILL be interesting will be to see what the Quincy side of this is...but that's in the near future. Otherwise nothing happened.

This gets a "+" for two things. New Aizen, and Opie being a fucking boss snapping his neck back and NOT GIVING ANY FUCKS.

Where's One Piece when you need it...

Now, now... There was that great bit about the current conflict being a tragic war between two goods: those who try to maintain balance, and those who don't give a shit about ultimately triggering the end of the world (<- maybe they just forgot to mention that little detail, during those failed negotiations?).

"MY STORY ISN'T BLACK AND WHITE WHEN I HAVE MY CHARACTERS SAY IT ISN'T AFTER EXPLANINING IT IS LOLOLOLOLOLOLO"

Maybe Beam has some insight regarding that bit of dialogue?

Something something... bleach is a bore, naruto is a bore.

Speaking of which, we always hear from shinigami prospective why quincies are bad. What about from quincy prospective?

Ichida and his pops seem like smart logical fellas, it can't be that simple.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
New Aizen, right?
Oh. New Aizen...what was wrong with what he said at the end? He was just saying that both sides are just. Nothing about "good." This is similar to what Doflamingo said during the Marineford War.

In other words... "just" depends on who is speaking of it. Winners are justice. Nothing absurd about that really. This is why I brought up the Quincy perspective earlier. It will be interesting to hear their version of "justice" when it will apparently destroy the world.

While discussing about One Piece at the bar yesterday (yes that's the kind of chatter we get into between us, when we're all alone at a bar), I realized my memories of the whole series where blurry at best, and often I didn't remember a lot of story events and details.

Thus, and with my finals on the way, I decided to undertake a One Piece marathon, in order to refresh things. I won't read anything else until I'll catch up with the latest chapter released. Wish me luck, for I will only read awesome shounen action for the next week !

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
What's "just" about triggering the end of the world?
It's not "just" from the Shinigami's perspective, but it is "just" from the Quincy's perspective. That makes it "just" in at least one aspect. The side whose justice will prevail will be the side who is stronger (or wins).

Not only that, but we don't know if it's as simple as triggering the end of the world, which is why hearing the Quincy side of things is important too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Literally a stupid enough development I would stop reading the entire series if it weren't for the fact I already read like 500 chapters of this. It's not fucking clever to just invent completely fucking broken powers out of the blue.

Naruto

This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends.........

Bleach

Let's stand here for the entire chapter and talk about things you already knew!

It's been over 400+ chapters since when we last heard about the Quincy War. Most readers have forgotten who the Quincy's were.

Naruto
tumblr_m44cwmQPKo1rsyhlto1_500.jpg

Affecting and altering destiny, Kabuto's in particular, made for an emotional chapter. After that flashback which finally led to me, understanding him, to see him meet such a fate was distressing. As an Uchiha fan, conflicting emotions emerged. Part of me wanted Kabuto to win while another one wanted Sasuke to destroy him. Unfortunately neither case was the outcome as Itachi bested Sasuke and all yet again. Sasuke ought to have done more than just stand there but I guess with Kabuto trapped in that mental state, what could he do? It is, what it is. I have faith Sasuke will do some pretty epic stuff soon.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh, I found the quote from Doglamingo.

Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

Same principle. Just replace Pirates with Quincy and Marines with Shinigami. Then have someone neutral commenting on it (like Kisuke) and that's basically that, but with new Aizen saying it to a Shinigami instead.

Oh, I found the quote from Doglamingo.

Same principle. Just replace Pirates with Quincy and Marines with Shinigami. Then have someone neutral commenting on it (like Kisuke) and that's basically that, but with new Aizen saying it to a Shinigami instead.

But if the Quincy would win it'd destroy the world and there'd be nobody left to call "just" ...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
But if the Quincy would win it'd destroy the world and there'd be nobody left to call "just" ...
We don't know that as a fact. That's the Shinigami side of the story. We know that there exists a realm above Soul Society and The Real World (Royal Guard/Wherever the Soul King is). We don't really know what would happen if the balance of souls got fucked up.

789shadow

Banned
We don't know that as a fact. That's the Shinigami side of the story. We know that there exists a realm above Soul Society and The Real World (Royal Guard/Wherever the Soul King is). We don't really know what would happen if the balance of souls got fucked up.
The giant monstrous blob that is the Soul King eats a lot of dudes.

But the guy saying this "Yeah if they win that is their justice" thing is also saying it'd be the end of the world...

Those two stories told side-by-side by the same bloke make it feel out of place, not the general concept behind it.

Bleach

Opie's still alive so that means these other quincys should be as powerful

New Aizen looks like a quincy to me for some reason lol

Naruto

Hey an infinite loop, the programmers reading must be proud..

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Bleach
the fact that Ayon can do anything at all is disheartening.
in the war all he could do was take out weak vice captains and die instantly. he shouldn't be able to touch opie if the Quincy's are a credible threat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto
tumblr_m44cwmQPKo1rsyhlto1_500.jpg

Affecting and altering destiny, Kabuto's in particular, made for an emotional chapter. After that flashback which finally led to me, understanding him, to see him meet such a fate was distressing. As an Uchiha fan, conflicting emotions emerged. Part of me wanted Kabuto to win while another one wanted Sasuke to destroy him. Unfortunately neither case was the outcome as Itachi bested Sasuke and all yet again. Sasuke ought to have done more than just stand there but I guess with Kabuto trapped in that mental state, what could he do? It is, what it is. I have faith Sasuke will do some pretty epic stuff soon.

yeah a chapter with all action and no text beyond unleashing a utterly moronic broken superpower was a super emotional chapter

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
But the guy saying this "Yeah if they win that is their justice" thing is also saying it'd be the end of the world...
But he's right in what he's saying though. It isn't really out of place, because the reality of it is that they are planning to wage war on SS for a reason. Their reasons are that they believe what they're fighting for is justice. It doesn't really matter what the outcome of it is. It would be different if he was telling the story in times of peace just for the fuck of it.

Zeppu

Damn, every time I manage to control myself into not reading OP spoilers the whole day, the chapter doesn't come out :(

Bleach
the fact that Ayon can do anything at all is disheartening.
in the war all he could do was take out weak vice captains and die instantly. he shouldn't be able to touch opie if the Quincy's are a credible threat.

Ummm, he survived multiple hits from General Kill'em all. He was at least captain level. the VCs were all instantly defeated by him.

Aphorism

I'm not sure how Rokudou is going to win against Hakua and Sekia without changing into the other guy. I mean unless of course they're actually weaker than they've been hyped up to be.

And of course Yama is probably just playing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom