• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
A Bride's Story

Come on, Dr. Smith, someone like Tarasu is asking to be your waifu and you are hesitant about it? Just say yes.

Air Gear 263 - 331
tumblr_m43k95Q7q81qbxqfpo1_500.png

That was one of the most memorable moments in the third best AT battle in the series, Kaito + Akito/Lind/Agito and him, above. Enjoyed that backstory the most and actually that revelation on Kaito. Kazu sama had the best though, actually opening that door, accessing skills and St. Elmo's Crossfire...Ikki cant compare anymore.

So awkward seeing Gundam's
AT Armor
, as the characters called them. Though with everything else in the series, it didnt feel out of place anymore. This needs an anime.

One Piece
A Law and Luffy team up would be awesome ,also luffy way of fighting has gotten better .
Since the Yonko crews are so big a team up is not a bad idea but with Luffy you never know what he going to do .

upandaway

One Piece

What.. so they were fodder after all? Dammit! They looked pretty good last chapter, too. :(

And what the hell was that thing Law did after cutting the dude? The shock. Are you kidding me, why does he have more powers? It doesn't even look like he even used the damn Room.

Lastly, that is the best alliance. It looks like Law might sit down and explain everything now.

One Piece 667

Oda has done it again. That chapter was so epic, essentially one of the best since Marineford. So many destructive skills from Luffy, Thank you Fire ftw, and even his strongest move, and then to top it off, T. Law is gonna get involved and team up. This needs to be animated right now!

Cwarrior

Bleach

AIIIZEEEN!!

lol Aizen pulling a clark kent, his new disguise is he dyed his hair or is he using kyoka suigetsu to fool everyone *smirk*.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Trafalgar Law said:
I have a plan to take down one of the four emperors!

is8QPhsTNHZlW.gif

Interesting to that Franky couldn't control monster point, I guess that Means Chopper's ability to do so is more mental than a change to the rumble ball formula.

Zeppu

One Piece
Interesting to that Franky couldn't control monster point, I guess that Means Chopper's ability to do so is more mental than a change to the rumble ball formula.

I'm certain that that's the case since he can get to 7 points without even taking any rumble balls.

Law+Luffy Alliance should be awesome though :D :D

One Piece

Law and Luffy tag team? Do want.

The fight was awesome, Thank you Fire was funny and Law last technique (I think he did teleport) was crazy.

smh @ Franky, poor Chopper.

upandaway

One Piece

is8QPhsTNHZlW.gif

It's probably mostly mental but consider that he can change without taking anything. Whatever allowed him to do that (which definitely isn't mental) could also have helped with taming Monster Point.

I mean, even with Franky fooling around, it didn't look as bad as Enies Lobby. He was basically dying there.

One Piece

That definitely was a lot better than Naruto and Bleach & Last week's OP chapter!

Nggh, I want next week's OP chapter badly now. I wanna see what happens next. :(

Also lol @ Franky being sooo impatient with Chopper's fruit powers lol. He'd be the worst chopper to have around for a long time.

Mr. Fix

One Piece
Fuggin awesome. No way Luffy could take on an emperor with just the crew. Zoro and co. being hit with that kyp gas bullet. Law goin' to work yet again. This "Shock" power makes sense considering he's a surgeon. Hope we get that info drop in the next chapter.

@Whitebeard crew pic: So good.
FUCK! I had a similar concept in my head.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At the risk of sounding like a Kubo defender, this seems like one of those times when mangakas review some "facts" for the sake of new readers.

You must remember that this is serialized weekly, not every reader of SJ (who are mostly kids) knows, *ahem*, how to access all the past chapters of a manga without buying the actual volumes.

Mr. Fix

At the risk of sounding like a Kubo defender, this seems like one of those times when mangakas review some "facts" for the sake of new readers.

You must remember that this is serialized weekly, not every reader of SJ (who are mostly kids) knows, *ahem*, how to access all the past chapters of a manga without buying the actual volumes.

Absolutely agree. Still kinda stale for everyone else though, but it is necessary. It isn't Naruto-flashback degrees of bad at least.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
One Piece: A-

FUCKKKKKKKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

THis is what we've been waiting for. A Law + Luffy official Alliance. This is going to be fucking EPIC. Also, Law is a badass. I was waiting for him to stop acting like a weirdo, and here it is. Also, we got some new PTS-Luffy moves, very nice! This arc just got a lot better. I really like how Law talked about how he knows whats going on in the New World and how it is almost like pirates have to either constantly defend/fight against the 4 Emperors or go under their wing. Very nice.

"-" only because there was some messy art there...having to stare at panels for minutes is not very nice...

Why I give it a D instead of an F. It really seems boring to us, but I'm sure that to most readers, it's a refresher or even new information, since Kubo only really talked about this in the first couple of arcs which was years and years ago.

upandaway

Those guys in Impel Down.

Though I didn't think Chopper counted.
Oh, that thing. Yeah I don't think Chopper is one of those. They're supposed to be super tough and have insane recovery.

I was under the impression all awakened Zoans are dumb and stuck in their hybrid form. I just sort of assumed this, I guess.

Bleach

The chapter was actually pretty good until my eyes fell out from all the rolling when Aizen #3 said "Wars happen because both sides are just." Fucking really, Kubo? Shut your uneductated whore mouth and read some history books. Take that away and I enjoyed this chapter. New arc is best arc
since Soul Society

One Piece

rofl stupid Franky-in-Chopper. I love Luffy's attack names "Gomu Gomu no Thank You Fire" :lol

Law seems to have some electro-based attacks so I'm really looking forward how he will work together with Luffy in the future. Big Mom is so fucked.

One Piece

rofl stupid Franky-in-Chopper. I love Luffy's attack names "Gomu Gomu no Thank You Fire" :lol

Law seems to have some electro-based attacks so I'm really looking forward how he will work together with Luffy in the future. Big Mom is so fucked.

I thought they'd go after Shanks, Luffy could prove his worth. Big Mom is just Luffy's own issue for another future arc.

Mr. Fix

Well it depends on what's actually on the island. I don't see Big Mom being involved with anything happening at Punk Island. If it is Shanks, then wouldn't that leave little hope for an alliance?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ohhhh maybe it's Kaidou? I always thought that Luffy's solo declaration of a "FUCK YOU" to Big Mom meant he would take her on later without an alliance from other pirates.

I doubt it's Shanks. Luffy + Law still couldn't take him yet.

Bleach

The chapter was actually pretty good until my eyes fell out from all the rolling when Aizen #3 said "Wars happen because both sides are just."
Really, there's nothing wrong with this concept. Two forces fight because of what they believe in...

Mr. Fix

Some have suggested it being Big Mom. And a super alliance with Kid too. Possibly involving those candies to use on her.

*Oh yeah, Jinbe and his crew too! Gat dayum.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach:

Really? Everyone is having anyone with glasses be Aizen now? Come on. Unless you're willing to admit that Uryu has been Aizen the whole time.

Really, there's nothing wrong with this concept. Two forces fight because of what they believe in...

Take the whole quote: "If one side was just, it would be called a defense or suppression. But this is war and wars happen because both sides are just."

Unless the definition of war has changed since I checked last time this is like... completely throwing out the last 100 years of human history out of the window. If "believing in what you fight for" makes you just, there would be no need for these two sentences at all.

789shadow

Banned
Law and Luffy are going to team up against Kaido. lol at the thought of them teaming up against fucking Shanks, and Big Mom probably has nothing to do with anything on the island.

Mr. Fix

Law and Luffy are going to team up against Kaido. lol at the thought of them teaming up against fucking Shanks, and Big Mom probably has nothing to do with anything on the island.

What I'm hoping for. We still haven't been told why Drake sought him out. Drake seems to have issues with the government being corrupt, and this Joker dude seems to be able to cover up stuff (assuming he's not a new Shichibukai/Admiral).

Averon

Naruto

Literally a stupid enough development I would stop reading the entire series if it weren't for the fact I already read like 500 chapters of this. It's not fucking clever to just invent completely fucking broken powers out of the blue.

Makes you wonder how the Senju were even able to compete with the Uchiha given all these broken techniques they have.

789shadow

Banned
What I'm hoping for. We still haven't been told why Drake sought him out. Drake seems to have issues with the government being corrupt, and this Joker dude seems to be able to cover up stuff (assuming he's not a new Shichibukai/Admiral).
I also think it's likely Joker could be Doflamingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom