• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

She was talking about her mom. Whether or not she was a pirate I can't remember. But the "Big Mom is Lola's mother" thing is nothing more than speculation that for some reason a crap ton of people take as fact. She's not Lola's mom.

All Lola said is her mom was a famous pirate captain in the New World. Everyone instantly jumped on it being Big Mom for no reason.

After actually seeing Big Mom, I really doubt it's her.

gunbo13

So much wrong in this post

And I thought you would appreciate the manga with the best waifus
There's one entertaining waifu and we already saw her tits. But seriously, the manga has to stop floating so much. Even episodic SoL like Mushishi is very centered. Doc glasses is our closest shot and he is floating just as much as the narrative. So I'm supposed to tune in each chapter to "How I Met My Waifu" starring, that new guy?

Needs more foundation:
l7acw.png

That was a great arc and chapter.
i don't know you but you're dead to me!
You'd probably say the same if you did know me.
All that smut has finally gotten to you. :(
I typically like pieces like this. And if you dig into OT4, I bet there are posts of me praising it early on. It just has gone nowhere interesting after the arc for the above image, which was very well done might I add.

Big One

Banned
One Piece

Does anyone else think that Big Mom is supplying Ceasar Clown with candy? "Candy" might be some type of drug Big Mom is addicted too and is selling across the world.

survivor

Banned
There's one entertaining waifu and we already saw her tits. But seriously, the manga has to stop floating so much. Even episodic SoL like Mushishi is very centered. Doc glasses is our closest shot and he is floating just as much as the narrative. So I'm supposed to tune in each chapter to "How I Met My Waifu" starring, that new guy?

Needs more foundation:
l7acw.png

That was a great arc and chapter.

So the only arc you like is the one that is battle focused? Your shounen roots are showing

Tarasu arc was better, plus Tarasu, Pariya and the twins are great waifus

Mr. Fix

One Piece

Does anyone else think that Big Mom is supplying Ceasar Clown with candy? "Candy" might be some type of drug Big Mom is addicted too and is selling across the world.

New theory! I like it actually. It'd be nice if the other 2 yonkou are more than just simple obstacles and play a role in the story.

Also where the hell's beam? The day's almost finished.

Ezalc

Enigma vol 1

Great concept for a manga. This reminds me a lot of 999 except it's shounen so probably not as dark and more asspulls. I'm just concerned if they will drag out the school settings for the rest of the manga or if they will move somewhere else.

Enigma is a cool manga though it gets kind of confusing later on. Kind of wish it had an anime I think it'd be interesting to see.

Big One

Banned
New theory! I like it actually. It'd be nice if the other 2 yonkou are more than just simple obstacles and play a role in the story.

Also where the hell's beam? The day's almost finished.
It makes sense to me cause Big Mom is gigantic for no real reason, as are the kids. The more you eat the "candy" the bigger you grow, evidently. Luffy was probably immune because he can change the shape of his body anyway.

gunbo13

So the only arc you like is the one that is battle focused? Your shounen roots are showing

Tarasu arc was better, plus Tarasu, Pariya and the twins are great waifus
My maturity was stunted by DBZ. I rank everything I do with power levels.

It had the battle scene but it was also very dramatic. And I liked all the characters mixing in especially the rising of the townsfolk. Tarasu arc seemed forced to me. I couldn't buy into how quickly a foreigner was wrapped up in all of it. I started to get a Princess Mononoke vibe, which was good, but without proper development. It went way too fast and was dropped in the same. Pariya is adorable but she hasn't gotten her time yet. I would comment more about the twins but I'm currently falling asleep each time on that arc 1 panel at a time. Wake me up when an arc equal to the first one shows up.

soc

Aphorism

I think this was the best aphorism in a while. I'm liking that Rokudou is getting more involved now. Hope he put some exp into dual-wielding.

I wasn't really happy with how the Tomonaga arc ended: it felt like a lot of wasted potential for Hinata and Rokudou. It looks like it'll pick up in the new arc for both of them.

Also, Sekia and Hakua are adorable little monsters.

Kusagari

It makes sense to me cause Big Mom is gigantic for no real reason, as are the kids. The more you eat the "candy" the bigger you grow, evidently. Luffy was probably immune because he can change the shape of his body anyway.

I don't really like it because it reeks of the steroids in Fishman Island. We just did a long arc involving drugs. I don't mind Caesar being a douche and drugging kids, but I don't know about it extending to Big Mom.

Air Gear 331 - 354

Finally caught up. Final arc is decent just way too focused on Ikki and co. I mean, at least theres Akito but hospitalized Kazu? darn. My favorite moment was in the middle of these when Sora was like he didnt have his A-T's powered on, mindblown.

Naruto

Izanami is too broken. I am glad this fight is over. At least Kabuto lived to my expectations.

Bleach

The recap was necessary. So the quincies can adjust their blood. Damn, Opie is hella durable for a human.

one piece

I think the emperor that Law wants to take out is Shanks, which will bring Law on a collison course with Luffy.

Noblesse

Great and sad background story. Everything is moving at a good pace.

KHR

Great chapter. I can´t wait for the info next week.

Toriko

It seems like Toriko evolved a lot because of the bubble fruit. I am glad that he learned a new technique.

Freezing

Chiffonnnnnn. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Kuroko no Basket 1-54

Nice sports manga. I was so glad when Kuroko´s team lost and lost until they got out of the competition.

Bleach
tumblr_m44msd0t7J1r2r06fo1_500.jpg

Although both sides may be "just"...hopefully Ichigo is the one to actually save the war. As a third party he ought to be able to bridge their gap in difference of opinion.

Honestly, way too txt heavy for me but Kubo delivered in the good character design department.

Yo Gotti

Banned
One Piece

But didn't Luffy eat all of the "Candy" that Big Mum had in Fishman Island?

Zekes!

Yandere Kanjo

that was a nice little chapter

time to read something else while I take a break from Diablo 3.

More JoJo perhaps?

neoanarch

what manga is this

Saint Young Men

Hilarious gag manga. Scanned really slowly.

fucking christ is someone hating on Brides Story? Its pretty clear at this point its structured like a anthology meant to touch upon as many characters(brides) as possible. Like the title suggest its based around the idea of young women and marriage. It can't really dwell on a character for too long. It would kind of lose its focus.

upandaway

Enigma vol 1

Great concept for a manga. This reminds me a lot of 999 except it's shounen so probably not as dark and more asspulls. I'm just concerned if they will drag out the school settings for the rest of the manga or if they will move somewhere else.
I forgive you for comparing it to 999 (I'm a reasonable person) but please don't do that again

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One Piece

I personally figured it was the other way around, that Ceasar had been giving Big Mom drugs. He seems like the kind of guy who would know how to make drugged candy.

Did that bomb from Mermaid Island ever go off?

gunbo13

fucking christ is someone hating on Brides Story? Its pretty clear at this point its structured like a anthology meant to touch upon as many characters(brides) as possible. Like the title suggest its based around the idea of young women and marriage. It can't really dwell on a character for too long. It would kind of lose its focus.
Yea, "someone" is. The much more trashy Sore wa Totsuzen resets the entire character set every ~5 chapters and still handles the narrative pacing/focus better then Bride's Snory. Dwelling != developing.

One Piece vol 1 - 3

The whole thing screamed "ADVENTURE" at that time too. I also find the drawings more pleasing to the eye, I find the latest chapters to be a little too rough. Or maybe that's because I'm reading the tankubon version ?

Also it's fun to see all the foreshadowing ("We'll need a cooker...and a musician !")

survivor

Banned
I forgive you for comparing it to 999 (I'm a reasonable person) but please don't do that again

Why not? The first arc was pretty similar to 999.

Enigma vol 1-7 END

Pretty good manga in setting up mystery and having tense puzzles. Obviously they all get solved with "talents" which are basically superpowers so it's not like it's mainly focused on wit and intellect to solve the puzzles. Oh yeah and don't try to make sense of the story. Seriously I still don't understand what happened in the last few chapters.

I'm kinda surprised it was cancelled. It had a good cast of characters and good mysteries and challenges. Definitely better than all the shit romance comedy garbage WSJ is picking up.

survivor

Banned
Beelzebub

We need more chapters like this. Focusing on comedy instead of garbage battles

It's not my fault I'm not that popular

Poor girl, she doesn't have a place to eat :(

survivor

Banned
Becchin to Mandara vol 1 END

This manga is so weird. I'm still having a hard time trying to comprehend the settings and understand how the fuck does this world work. So they getting bombed, and there is this river thing where they drop dead zombie bodies? And these two high school girls are fighting them? And what is it with the doctor interview thing at the end where he kept saying Mandara doesn't exist? Fuck

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Makes you wonder how the Senju were even able to compete with the Uchiha given all these broken techniques they have.

If you have a tailed beast, I suppose you could escape., but it's kind of ridiculous that Sharingan (which ostensibly is just an eye) can some how trap you in an unmissable genjutsu, shoot magic burning lasers, form giant magic burning soldiers to fight for you, and completely alter reality. It probably has even more powers too. It's just stupid to just invent more Sharingan powers rather than find something clever to do with the ones you've already established. It's for this reason the "Naruto should have more techniques than rasengan, clones and frogs" is a dumb argument. Having lots of powers isn't clever.

Edit: Maybe Kishimoto is going for a really dumb Inception reference here =V

If you have a tailed beast, I suppose you could escape., but it's kind of ridiculous that Sharingan (which ostensibly is just an eye) can some how trap you in an unmissable genjutsu, shoot magic burning lasers, form giant magic burning soldiers to fight for you, and completely alter reality. It probably has even more powers too. It's just stupid to just invent more Sharingan powers rather than find something clever to do with the ones you've already established. It's for this reason the "Naruto should have more techniques than rasengan, clones and frogs" is a dumb argument. Having lots of powers isn't clever.

Edit: Maybe Kishimoto is going for a really dumb Inception reference here =V

The worst part about Izanami and Izanagi is that they don´t need eye contact to work. Kabuto´s eyes were covered so this genjutsu should not have worked.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The worst part about Izanami and Izanagi is that they don´t need eye contact to work. Kabuto´s eyes were covered so this genjutsu should not have worked.

They aren't really eye powers, they're just magic powers that defy the basic rules of the series. The ability to reshape reality as you see fit isn't really a power, it's just being a deity.

They aren't really eye powers, they're just magic powers that defy the basic rules of the series. The ability to reshape reality as you see fit isn't really a power, it's just being a deity.

They are technically eye powers, even though they are godly powers. Does EMS protect the eyes from Izanami and Izanagi? I think these 2 jutsus are not protected by EMS.

upandaway

Argh you guys and the Kuroko stuff. The anime's so good so far. I really wanna marathon it but I'm waiting till the anime ends (since I don't won't have time for a while anyway, and the anime's quality is really good).

But seriously, it's good sports. I'm really excited because I remember how Kuroko's rankings are always "17 17 18 18 17 19 18 17 18 17 3 10 19 18 19 17..."
Can't fucking wait for those 3's, man. Just look at that, it's crazy.

Why not? The first arc was pretty similar to 999.
The setup is really common to begin with (especially with those silly Japanese), so I'm not counting that. Aside from that they're not really similar.

I really liked the twist with MC's ability but uh well, the other farts were pretty smelly, as they say nowhere.

Angry Grimace

So what you are saying is that Itachi is Kishimoto?

More like any Uchiha who has a name. There's lot of allegedly incompetent ones, but virtually all of the ones we've seen are violently overpowered to the point of being the equivalent of gods.

survivor

Banned
Tropical Citron vol 1-2 END

Best manga I have read in a long time. It's kind of the crazy wacky settings yet it has a plot that is easy to follow and not just some random shit thrown at you. The manga description really doesn't do it justice. Last few chapters leading up to the rabbit hunt was pretty great. Crazy horse taxi driver was a top tier character.

Sai

Does EMS protect the eyes from Izanami and Izanagi? I think these 2 jutsus are not protected by EMS.
A lot of people will say that it can't happen. But the reasons behind those claims pretty much amount to the fact that an Izanagi and Izanami that can be used without the risk of losing the eye's functionality is simply too game breaking.

Fact of the matter is, Izanagi and Izanami deplete the Sharingan's "light" the exact same way using the Mangekyou Sharingan's powers does, only instantly. By definition, the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan should negate the cost of using even those techniques.

So, even if folks will say they don't want it to happen(myself included, concerning what we know of Izanami at this point), it's still possible.

Angry Grimace

A lot of people will say that it can't happen. But the reasons behind those claims pretty much amount to the fact that an Izanagi and Izanami that can be used without the risk of losing the eye's functionality is simply too game breaking.

Fact of the matter is, Izanagi and Izanami deplete the Sharingan's "light" the exact same way using the Mangekyou Sharingan's powers does, only instantly. By definition, the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan should negate the cost of using even those techniques.

So, even if folks will say they don't want it to happen(myself included, concerning what we know of Izanami at this point), it's still possible.

The concept of "game breaking" is pretty silly right now. Itachi just used a super eternal eye genjutsu on a blind guy

I wanted to read Madoka Box, but after watching 7 episodes i came to realize that Madoka is the preachy type character who gets on nerves. I will continue to watch the anime but i won´t read the manga.

The fact that Izanami and Izanagi does not require EMS, very shitty. I actually thought that those are the jutsus that were gained when EMS is obtained. After all Itachi said that Tobi made a new jutsu after obtaining EMS.

How did Kabuto fall into a genjutsu even though his eyes were covered? I mean Kabuto was in sage mode, it should at least disrupt the illusion by getting natural chakra. Genjutsu controls the sense through manipulating the chakra inside the body.

Sai

The concept of "game breaking" is pretty silly right now. Itachi just used a super eternal eye genjutsu on a blind guy
Yeah, well... At least he lost an eye while doing it? :p

Right now Izanami seems too powerful. While it's supposed to be Izanagi's counterpart, it seems more like a step above it. Opinions might change once we learn more about it.

Medaka Box
:x

How did Kabuto fall into a genjutsu even though his eyes were covered? I mean Kabuto was in sage mode, it should at least disrupt the illusion by getting natural chakra. Genjutsu controls the sense through manipulating the chakra inside the body.
Kabuto did notice something when Itachi's left eye fizzled out.

But everybody's still trying to figure Izanami out. Like Izanagi, it doesn't seem to be an illusion technique that works through manipulation of the recipient's senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom