• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Yay~

moar Hanamaru Youchien~

Doesn't Izanami have a startup time though? Izanagi is instant.
Yep, Izanami takes a while to prepare.

Naruto

So Izanami trades one of the users eyes to trap someone in a repeating genjutsu that can never be overcome unless Itachi gets killed which he can't because he regenerates
We don't know the conditions of Izanami's release yet. Only vague hint is what Itachi said about holding Kabuto's fate in his hands, but that only Kabuto could decide it. May mean that the conditions can only be met when Kabuto does exactly what Itachi wants, but... Well, we'll find out next week.

One Piece vol 4 - 20 (Sanji Arc + Arlong Arc + Chopper Arc + First part of Alabasta)

Sanji Arc was kind of ok, I liked Ging. I don't remember if we see him afterwards.
Arlong Arc finished maybe too fast, but maybe that's because the following arcs have much more longer fights or in my memories the Luffy/Arlong arc dragged on and on...in the anime maybe ?
Chopper Arc was kind of ok too. Chopper is awesome.
Alabasta is still one of my favourite parts of the series.

Cwarrior

Ushijima the Loan Shark Manga ch4

Apparently gonorrhea turns you into a hobo with white hair

zOHjp.jpg

Hro5n.jpg

Wouldnt that have ruined the 7^3 policy? Since he's separate from everyone he probably ended up perishing or something.

She really made it sound like ALL of the pacifiers were needed, the full spectrum covered in that arc. It really feels like Bermuda is something she just came up with later and tossed in there pretending the past events didn't happen. I'll wait until we learn more about him and the curse before I fully declare it plot hole, but it sure seems like one right now.

gunbo13

I haven't watched cowboy bebop yet, quick summary of it's bounty system?
In Cowboy Bebop there is an actual TV show (much like in flawfuls post) where they post bounties for known criminals or wanted men throughout the galaxy. The bounty hunters, like the Bebop crew, watch the show and go after targets. They get paid on capture/kill and delivery. So it's pretty close in concept.

upandaway

Holyland (end)

The last couple fights were just as good as all the others. Dunno about Izawa vs Yuu.

As for the plot, well, it was plot. No clue why Yuu didn't go pro, or why no one recognizes him despite him still being active. I'm kinda lost on the whole ending to be honest.

Also, wasn't the big deal with the drugs that they were legal? When did they suddenly become illegal? Did I just entirely forget that happened?

Oh well, stuff, and also sometimes things. But the fights were so damn good in this manga.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ode to Kirihito

If you're a furry, you'd like this book a lot.

faridmon

Guys question: They just released the omnibus of Genshiken Vol. 1-3. Do you think that they will keep their promise and release all of the volumes as Omnibuses?

I want to get the manga, and the initial stand alone volumes are rarer than it used to be. So I am want to get the ominibuses but I am afraid of the inconsistancy of the Volumes throughout.

survivor

Banned
Guys question: They just released the omnibus of Genshiken Vol. 1-3. Do you think that they will keep their promise and release all of the volumes as Omnibuses?

I want to get the manga, and the initial stand alone volumes are rarer than it used to be. So I am want to get the ominibuses but I am afraid of the inconsistancy of the Volumes throughout.

They have 3 omnibus releases dated so they will release all 9 volumes. Now I doubt they will do the same for the second part of Genshiken that began in 2010.

Antimagia 2-5
tumblr_lzn9ksNDgV1qde07ro1_250.jpg

The most brutal manga I have read, people being splattered to blood by clubs, tyrannosaures just appearing in front of windows, and even people melting to stone. I hope it becomes anime. Lucas in serious mode is cool, his facial expressions, and Lionel is pretty epic, swords ftw.

The likely outcome for the overall end is kind of depressing if they go that route, he'd save the country and leticia but lose the memories.

Dragonball 15 - 28

Oolong is so useless in the cast. Of all the things to wish for...panties?! I kind of wish they didnt split after that ape transformation segment, Yamcha, Goku, Bulma would have had some fun adventures, but the rule of dragonball staying stone had to get into the way. Take Yamcha adventures over Krilin's anyday.

faridmon

They have 3 omnibus releases dated so they will release all 9 volumes. Now I doubt they will do the same for the second part of Genshiken that began in 2010.

Good. then it looks like my next Manga title is set. Is the second part out as well as a seperate volumes? How many volumes are there?

faridmon

Also, I bought the first volume of Bloody Monday due to this thread, and I have to say that I don't like it. It seems too shonen for me and some of the writings and the stuff that happens there seems too simplistic and predetermined (if that make sense)

Does the 2nd and 3rd volume become better or should I just sell it and invest in other Mangas?

upandaway

EX Young Castaways (end)

Hahaha oh wow, they sure went all the way. Entire world in ruins, building an entire village by themselves, and a whopping 12 thousand years later aftermath. Oh futuristic news lady man, you are so silly.

Also Shinichi is a beast. And Asahi is still the best character.

The World God Only Knows (en- o-oh, sorry, it's not over? I kinda went with the flow there, whoops!

Well I guess Vintage isn't done yet, but really, what will Keima do now? There's no more girls to capture. Whichever happens, can't say no to more TWGOK. I want new arc.

Also, I bought the first volume of Bloody Monday due to this thread, and I have to say that I don't like it. It seems too shonen for me and some of the writings and the stuff that happens there seems too simplistic and predetermined (if that make sense)

Does the 2nd and 3rd volume become better or should I just sell it and invest in other Mangas?

Simplistic? It gets confusing as hell.

The first series is good, but it gets really dumb in the 2nd and 3rd with flip-flopping morality and super convoluted plans. I'd say if you're curious, read the first series and then drop it. If you aren't, drop it now.

faridmon

Simplistic? It gets confusing as hell.

The first series is good, but it gets really dumb in the 2nd and 3rd with flip-flopping morality and super convoluted plans. I'd say if you're curious, read the first series and then drop it. If you aren't, drop it now.

Does it gets better? The charcters are also very flat which doesn't help either. I think the first volume comprises of the first 6 chapters.

Does it gets better? The charcters are also very flat which doesn't help either. I think the first volume comprises of the first 6 chapters.

It has some high highs and good plot twists from time to time, but even at its best, it made me angry. That doesn't mean it's bad. I would say the first series is legit good for the most part. It moves at a brisk pace and gets pretty intense. It's almost like Death Note with hackers instead of magic notebooks.

Though I'm not so sure I would recommend continuing if you didn't care for volume 1.

faridmon

It has some high highs and good plot twists from time to time, but even at its best, it made me angry. That doesn't mean it's bad. I would say the first series is legit good for the most part. It moves at a brisk pace and gets pretty intense. It's almost like Death Note with hackers instead of magic notebooks.

Though I'm not so sure I would recommend continuing if you didn't care for volume 1.

That Death Note comparisons makes me want to stick with it. I'll buy the 2nd volume and see if I like it, if not, I am going to sell them.

EX Young Castaways (end)

Hahaha oh wow, they sure went all the way. Entire world in ruins, building an entire village by themselves, and a whopping 12 thousand years later aftermath. Oh futuristic news lady man, you are so silly.

Also Shinichi is a beast. And Asahi is still the best character.

The World God Only Knows (en- o-oh, sorry, it's not over? I kinda went with the flow there, whoops!

Well I guess Vintage isn't done yet, but really, what will Keima do now? There's no more girls to capture. Whichever happens, can't say no to more TWGOK. I want new arc.

Time to start wooing the girls of Vintage then :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, I just completed Ode to Kirihito and MW in 2 days, can't wait to get Swallowing the Earth and the upcoming Barbara. I currenly have Apollo's Song, Ayako, Dororo, Book of Human Insects, MW, and Ode to Kirihito.

I'm not sure if I'll get Black Jack, seems too long though. I might look for Metropolis and Buddha. Thinking about getting Adolf.

By the way, who are the gods of manga? I'm usually into dark adult stuff. One of my favorites is MW.

Zekes!

Mx0 1-99:

I've been meaning to reread this because I loved Mx0 back in high school, and I want to see if it's as good as I remember it being. In my mind right now it's probably one of my favourite shonens.

Man, I just completed Ode to Kirihito and MW in 2 days, can't wait to get Swallowing the Earth and the upcoming Barbara. I currenly have Apollo's Song, Ayako, Dororo, Book of Human Insects, MW, and Ode to Kirihito.

I'm not sure if I'll get Black Jack, seems too long though. I might look for Metropolis and Buddha. Thinking about getting Adolf.

By the way, who are the gods of manga? I'm usually into dark adult stuff. One of my favorites is MW.

All the chapters of Black Jack are self-contained, so it's worth checking out some volumes because it's an awesome series., probably one of my favourite manga, honestly. Both Black Jack and Pinoko are the only real recurring characters, so you can literally pick up any volume and not
be confused.

Definitely read Buddha and Adolf. Phoenix is worth checking out too, even though I've only read one volume so far (volume 3). Some of the stories have continuity, or have multiple parts, but some contained (ie both stories in volume 3).

Fairy Tail 283

People actually underestimated Natsu? Natsu is so strong that he wouldnt fall victim to the likes of Gemma. Cool chapter and I think it adds even more to the theory of the dragonslayers joining Fairy Tail. They may have "slayed" their dragon but without friendship bonds, they, even Gemma, are in no way at Natsu's level. Also nice gray sama on the cover.

upandaway

Fairy Tail

I would have liked the other scan team to finish first but oh well.

Anyway, I can accept this conclusion. The lightning being a regular move is pretty fun. I expected at least SOME hint of dominance from Gamma (like "you stopped me right before I was about to counter him" or something), but he ended up a bit vanilla.

survivor

Banned
Holyland

Before I continue reading the 4th chapter, when does the MC become tolerable? Cause right now I just want to punch that weakling whiny kid.

El Sloth

Banned
Holyland: 160-182

That was worth reading I think. I'm disappointed it never "graduated" to pro fighting, but I think this was a proper way to let it end. I sorta wish the author didn't include a "epilogue" chapter though. Many probably would have found the ending frustrating without it, but I like endings that leave the outcomes to the reader's imagination (and furious arguments on internet message boards).

I wish there were more comics out there that went into as much detail into the tactics and techniques of the fights as Holyland did. I will definitely be looking forward to whatever the author has planned next.

Edit: Derp. Technically Suicide Island is what he has planned next. And I already enjoy the shit outta that. I guess this makes me a Mori Kouji fan. I hope he eventually does another manga as focused on fighting as Holyland was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom