• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to last volume I believe Bleach has risen by about 50k for first week totals. I think from here on out it might start rising volume by volume again. Thank god we're done with that FB shit.

Yep, Bleach is up, and this is only the beginning.

Bleach alternative translation

These translation make much more sense

CNet's translation of this chapter came out yesterday. It made for an interesting read.

Our multi-named bloke is called 'Iban' by CNet, and Choujirou's speech is as follows:

'Th.. There is... something important I must tell you...!! ... Th... Those fiends... They have the power... to erase a Shinigami's...'

And they have Yamamoto thinking that the shadow allowed them to bypass the protective barrier completely.

CNet's translation for the war is 'the Millennium Blood-war' and their translation reports Ikkaku and Yumichika investigating 'Western District 14' rather than the 'District 64: east' we're seeing in other translations.

The western Rukongai is, of course, the territory Aizen (in the Soul Society Arc) said the area Urahara still has influence in.

And, interestingly enough, CNet's translation doesn't definitively say the masked visitors said Choujirou is already dead. Their translation is:

'Mourn him not. Rather, you should praise him. He has shown the path... that you all must ultimately follow. Which is to say... A futile struggle with all your might... followed by despair and death'.

It can be interpreted that way, or it can be interpreted as him being in the process of dying.

It's always interesting reading the different translations.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Maybe I am mistaken, but it appears amongst all the major players out there Kishi is the one with the least amount of hiatus/rest/break?

Can't seem to recall the last time Naruto had a break. Dude's pretty dedicated.

Big One

Banned
Maybe I am mistaken, but it appears amongst all the major players out there Kishi is the one with the least amount of hiatus/rest/break?

Can't seem to recall the last time Naruto had a break. Dude's pretty dedicated.
Kishi don't have to take a break cause his fans take breaks for him.

iavi

Donyatsu: 1-2

dFcrV.jpg

There wasn't enough there to really gauge anything, but this looks as if it has the potential to be pretty funny. Donyatsu's moe as hell.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Gktop.png

Anyways,

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but for some reason I think the art for One Piece for this chapter seems a bit sharper than usual.

Gamaran continues its awesome tradition of characters acting "I AM STROOONG FEARR MEEEE" getting slashed in one quick battle. Very nice. Currently my number one sword-centric manga entertainment.

Baby Steps continues to be a good read. To bad a manga of this style does not stand a good chance to be more popular than the likes of Prince of Tennis.

And AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei is my current guilty pleasure.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The arc starts, and then there's a hiatus.

Wonderful way to treat fans of your manga, Togashi. At least just end the arc and have that be the last chapter before a hiatus.

upandaway

Wonderful way to treat fans of your manga, Togashi. At least just end the arc and have that be the last chapter before a hiatus.
With how the last 10 chapters went, I doubt Togashi planned on having 30 chapters from the beginning. I think he was going for 20 and somehow pulled another 10 during that time.

I just hope we won't pay for this later with a longer hiatus than usual

And where the fuck are the HxH volume releases? This just makes me angry.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
With how the last 10 chapters went, I doubt Togashi planned on having 30 chapters from the beginning. I think he was going for 20 and somehow pulled another 10 during that time.
Regardless of how he planned it, he should've known when his last chapter would be. With that said, what kind of decision is one where you start an arc with the same chapter you go on hiatus on?

I'd rather just have a(nother) downtime chapter in the meantime, it's believable...and those kind of chapters have a place after the end of an arc and before an arc starts.

I could understand what you're saying if he was 10 chapters into this new arc for some reason, but this is literally the first chapter of an arc. Wtf?

upandaway

Well I don't know what the chapter is since I didn't read the spoilers (whoa!!), but if you say so (and it depends on just how much of it is new arc-ish), yeah that's pretty silly.

It's great way cause he going to build hype for when he comes back .
The new arc sound great and he knows he fans loyal so he don't give a ass.

And where the fuck are the HxH volume releases? This just makes me angry.

Well it should take longer than normal he does have to fix up some of the art for certain chapters .

Verelios

Togashi isn't going to fix up shit. Didn't he hurt his hand or something a while ago? I see HxH volume like 15, then go to Vol.18 and holy shit, the inconsistency. He was okay, then good, then made his own style, then scribble. What.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Well I don't know what the chapter is since I didn't read the spoilers (whoa!!), but if you say so (and it depends on just how much of it is new arc-ish), yeah that's pretty silly.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I read the spoilers. Seems like this is the start of a new arc, but what's even worse is that this arc seems badass and awesome in every way possible as a followup to recent events.

With all the hiatus that Togashi has, you would think he would improve the damn doodles. Why does he not work on drawing the chapter better when he is off? Damn, he is so damn lazy.

Togashi isn't going to fix up shit. Didn't he hurt his hand or something a while ago? I see HxH volume like 15, then go to Vol.18 and holy shit, the inconsistency. He was okay, then good, then made his own style, then scribble. What.

For some of the older Vols he did fix up some stuff but i guess it depends if he feels it needs fixing .

But the first 10 chapters should be released as is as a volume. I can get waiting on the last 20 for after the hiatus ends (like usual), but at least announce one volume.

huh? volume 30 is coming next month and with this chapter plus the "ten per volume" rule he has 2 more volumes after that he could churn out (although that would result in the volume releases being caught up to his most recent).

flawfuls

Donyatsu: 1-2

http://i.imgur.com/dFcrV.jpg[IMG]

There wasn't enough there to really gauge anything, but this looks as if it has the potential to be pretty funny. Donyatsu's moe as hell.[/QUOTE]

Step aside Dragon Head. I think we have found a new king of apocalypse manga.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SGbhc.jpg

MCD

Fairy Tail

7 years time skip and the main members of Fairy Tail guild still look the same.

Why? WHY?

Solune

We need a badge for Manga GAF members that make it through all of KNIM's trolling/rage. I remember just how much rage was going on around OT2 regarding the series and man, I just had to give it a shot. Is it funny that the rage part didn't get to me (that shit was stupid hilarious) as much as
the mehness going on post Eba and Haruto living together?

Akari, Asuka, Kiyomi... Shit at this point it'd probably have been hilarious to see how things developed if Haruto got with the the crazy manga-ka chick. :lol
He should totally get together with everyone, then we'd have A Town of School Days or A Town of NTR
Although that's already happened
. Shit this would be infinitely better than whats going on right now.
Iris Zero 1 - 2

So far it seems to want to become Mx0.

I see the weekly manga trend is in full force.

iavi

Step aside Dragon Head. I think we have found a new king of apocalypse manga.

Haha, yessssss, someone's reading it! I love how the opening spread sets you up for this dreadful apocalyptic setting, then we get Donyatsu. The humor in those two chapters was on point. I hope he can keep it up.

Lain

Fruits Basket vol 7 (13+14)
75adfa054b3e771db4259912623f5c24dd7f3bc1.jpg

I like how this motherly feel emanating from Toru keeps growing, and growing so much that at the end of the volume Yuki admits that what he is looking for in Toru is a mother.
Even Rin finally breaks down and lets Toru cuddle and hug her.
The whole flashback about Rin's past was long but it was nice to see certain things. Almost every Soma family just sucks and damn if Akito doesn't manage to become even more unlikable even without being actually being on screen (the part in the flashback doesn't count!).
Oh, and the Momo+Momiji thing was touching.

hiro4

Baby Steps continues to be a good read. To bad a manga of this style does not stand a good chance to be more popular than the likes of Prince of Tennis.

Just started reading this, after reading your post.
I like it!
It kind of reminds me of BECK, but then with tennis instead of guitars.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
True, but I'm sure some people are still claiming that Hilda is better.

Cousin Incest Monogatari

More cousin fondling and sucking.

survivor

Banned
What is there to argue?

I'm shaking in anticipation.

Want to start manga bet #3? I'll be done with Punpun tonight so might as well get going. I'm going to read Advance of the Giants this time. Will update you on your read choices soon.

Aizen have mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom