• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well let me break it down for you...

1. I get mad and think the names are weeaboo shit
2. People tell me it isn't weaboo shit and it's actually a name of a set of Japanese deities
3. I realize that I was wrong but try to explain why I thought it was weeaboo shit
4. Everyone thinks I'm calling Kishimoto a weeaboo
5. Makes joke about Kishimoto being a weeaboo in reaction
6. Continue on the main subject of scanlators being massive weeaboos and defending my initial position
7. People still think I'm saying Kishimoto is a weaboo

Wow what a shock, everyone else is wrong and you're right again! It's crazy how it always turns out like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hey it's not my fault people don't properly read posts. The only thing I'm right about here is scanlators being weeaboo fucks with their head up their ass.
Here's the thing: step three only happened in your mind. What actually happened was you argued vaguely that translators suck and also argued that Kishimoto shouldn't reference Japanese things all the time. It's either lying or trolling.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
At times like this I miss Dedication to Light.

Let's get this thread back on track dammit

Chitoge: Best girl, or best girl?

I will be having none of it as Onodera is the best girl!

Yea yea in all likelihood Chitoge is going to be the "one" in the end but who knows.... the author might pull off an Ichigo 100% here, heh.

Big One

Banned
Here's the thing: step three only happened in your mind. What actually happened was you argued vaguely that translators suck and also argued that Kishimoto shouldn't reference Japanese things all the time. It's either lying or trolling.
Oh I guess it did, didn't it? Either way I eventually admitted to being wrong, I figured people would realize that I've already admitted to myself that I was wrong about the name thing so I figured to just reconcile by defending the main purpose of my post in the first place. I guess that was taken as, "YO BIG ONE WAS WRONG ABOUT THE NAMES AND HE WON'T ADMIT IT LULZ WHAT YOU MEAN BY WEEABOO SHIT?" I assumed since the first post in response provided a logical outlet to why I assumed it was weeaboo shit would give you the hint that I already realized I was wrong, but I suppose not. Then again, over half of this thread has admitted that they don't even read half of the manga they focus their eyes on, so why should I be surprised?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
At times like this I miss Dedication to Light.

I will be having none of it as Onodera is the best girl!

Yea yea in all likelihood Chitoge is going to be the "one" in the end but who knows.... the author might pull off an Ichigo 100% here, heh.

So long as it's Ruri, not Onodera, I would still be happy with that! :p

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Don't worry you will see him soon .

I'll bet, hahahah.

Nurarihyon no Mago 202

LET'S ROLL!

nurarihyon_no_mago_3303571.jpg

I'll bet, hahahah.

Nurarihyon no Mago 202

LET'S ROLL!

http://s13.postimage.org/43x5j5qaf/nurarihyon_no_mago_3303571.jpg[/IMG]

This new arc so far has been great plus i really like Hagoromo Gitsune so it was awesome to see her again .
I trying to wait a while before i read it again but i don't know if i going to be able to hold out from reading it weekly.

Wish i could wait and read stuff every few weeks just makes reading series more fun .

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This new arc so far has been great plus i really like Hagoromo Gitsune so it was awesome to see her again .
I trying to wait a while before i read it again but i don't know if i going to be able to hold out from reading it weekly.

Wish i could wait a read stuff every few weeks just makes manga so much better .

It's my personal best at the moment, outclassing Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece by far. Don't know why, I really really like it.

Maybe it's because Rikuo is such a badass. Or maybe it's due to all the highly interesting Japanese mythology/demons. Maybe it's because all the awesomesauce art.

Maybe all of them. I don't know. To me it is just my personal best right now.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It's my personal best at the moment, outclassing Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece by far. Don't know why, I really really like it.

Maybe it's because Rikuo is such a badass. Or maybe it's due to all the highly interesting Japanese mythology/demons. Maybe it's because all the awesomesauce art.

Maybe all of them. I don't know. To me it is just my personal best right now.

Make sure to keep Big One away from this...

I gave Mago a try a while back, wasn't too taken with it though, tried again, still didn't care for it. The art isn't that great in the opening chapters, either. About when would you say it starts getting really good?

Big One

Banned
Naruto F

As usual, this chapter sucks.

Seriously the explanations for powers in Naruto are the most boring explanations for superpowers ever.

Make sure to keep Big One away from this...

I gave Mago a try a while back, wasn't too taken with it though, tried again, still didn't care for it. The art isn't that great in the opening chapters, either. About when would you say it starts getting really good?

It start off slow but i would say it starts to get good at the Tono Arc or the Kyoto arc which takes place shortly after IMO.
If you don't mine anime you could watch season 2 for it .
Also the art sometimes get messy but it should be no big deal .

Naruto.

I'm utterly lost. We need a programmer in here!

With Izanagi someone can pick two branching paths to erase "mistakes", essentially giving them godly avoidability powers.

But if two people use Izanagi, they might cause conflict in which person's decision gets picked over the other.

Izanami forces someone into a sensory loop they can only escape from if they admit their decision was "wrong" and stop using the jutsu in question.

This means that a decision made by Izanagi would have to be retracted, and Izanami would stop.

In other words, you can't "force quit" Izanagi, but you can force the user to change their decision by forcing them in a loop with Izanami.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It start off slow but i would say it starts to get good at the Tono Arc or the Kyoto arc which takes place shortly after IMO.
If you don't mine anime you could watch season 2 for it .
Also the art sometimes get messy but it should be no big deal .

I was probably getting close then, I think I'll try it again for a 3rd time soon. :p

Kusagari

Naruto:

A chapter full of boring exposition about a boring superpower we'll never see used again. Just end this fucking fight. I really hope next chapter is it.

Zetman 178

New Zetman :D

LOL @ Jin trying to talk down the enemy. And Kouga is back in action.

Trinity Seven

Headmaster is cool. How could MC forget about her boobs, disappointed.

Just curious, but how do you guys feel about "power exposition" in manga in general?

Is it just a bad thing as a whole, or is it sometimes done well? Any times you remember a power explanation or power-related exposition actually being good or mildly mind-blowing?

Big One

Banned
Pretty much anything written by Togashi has interesting power exposition since it usually leads to something incredibly badass and important. Like the other day I was watching YYH and having Gekai explain her power transfer to Yusuke was some heavy stuff, and it brought some great results with it.

Just curious, but how do you guys feel about "power exposition" in manga in general?

Is it just a bad thing as a whole, or is it sometimes done well? Any times you remember a power explanation or power-related exposition actually being good or mildly mind-blowing?
I don't mind it once it is done good but truth is i hardly remember most of them unless it really short to explain or it for a current series i reading .

So YuYu Hakusho is worth reading then?

I generally like HxH's, but I think Togashi went a little too over the top with it at some points in the Ant Arc.

I like how HxH has a strong system underneath the powers most of all. I like how it's not just *pop* power but an actual journey to developing them.

Erigu

Naruto:
A chapter full of boring exposition about a boring superpower we'll never see used again.
I, for one, am glad to know that the Uchiha came up with a technique to counter Izanagi back when so many of them were using it! Which means they all had both Uchiha and Senju DNA, huh? Okay!

Bleach
This fight is going on much longer than i thought it would .
Okay chapter and lets see where things go from here.

YYH suffers from a lot of problems Bleach does, so I'd stick to the anime, which is a fantastic adaptation.

The anime had a better pacing and ending IMO .

YYH suffers from a lot of problems Bleach does, so I'd stick to the anime, which is a fantastic adaptation.

Which ones? The general ones like bad pacing, and secondary cast members being fodder-ish?

Or stuff like it being almost entirely fighting-based with little to no real extensive plot building aside as a tool to get to the next fight?

Or the protagonist literally being the most boring fighter in the entire series?

Depending on which ones I'm more or less inclined to read it, lol.

Bleach

I really don't care for this fight. Is this dude even important or what?

Big One

Banned
Which ones? The general ones like bad pacing, and secondary cast members being fodder-ish?

Or stuff like it being almost entirely fighting-based with little to no real extensive plot building aside as a tool to get to the next fight?

Or the protagonist literally being the most boring fighter in the entire series?

Depending on which ones I'm more or less inclined to read it, lol.
I'm referring to the fact that Togashi spends a lot of time with white space, but nah, it's pretty good when it comes to the above things.

The only real problem with YYH that I personally dislike is that it left a lot of shit open that it didn't need to leave open.

Kusagari

Bleach:

Quincy Nazi turned really ugly and will probably be dead within 2 chapters. In other news Aizen clone #50503403 meets Buckbeard.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Naruto F

As usual, this chapter sucks.

Seriously the explanations for powers in Naruto are the most boring explanations for superpowers ever.

Seriously, everytime i see powers explanation in Naruto, i just skip the 2-3-4 pages he wasted on them.

I also, i started reading that Aunt Tits you guys keep talking about... and seriously i dont get the main character. He's afraid of incest but grabbing and sucking the tits of his aunt and cousin and licking their bodies doesn't count as that? This manga feels wrong!

Zeppu

Every time I look up Aunt Tits to see what you guys are talking about I get linked back to this thread. What's the actual name of this godforsaken manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom