• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
A town where there are no therapists 31 - END

So, we finally arrived at the dénouement, the unraveling of all the issues and plot points. We discover the source of all the tensions and problems and family, and Eba, after living with Haruto, learned to face her problems head-on, and thus reconciliate with her sister-in-law.
They now finally form a truly cohesive family and lived happily ever after.
Having no more reason to return to Hiroshima, Eba said goodbye to Haruto, promising him to see him again when they're in college.
Melancholic, Haruto reminisces his moments passed with Eba in the Shinkansen, and thus the series end.

See ? It could've ended right here, it would've been good enough ! Buuuut noo, let's all hop aboard the retard-train to another 140 chapters ! It hurts me that this is still going strong while Mx0 ended too early. Japanese audience is stupid.

And seriously, do all people in this manga have some serious issues ? When there will be a pedo tentacle fetichist ? Go to a therapist people !
Well I can understand them a bit. Even I would go mad if everyone in the vicinity looked like *exactly* like me [/troll]

gunbo13

gunbo:
Advance of the Titans [Shingeki no Kyojin] (ch31)
Übel Blatt [Evil Blade] (ch102)

survivor:
Negative Happy Chain Saw Edge (ch8)
Love Collage (ch119)
Karin (v14)
Threads of Time (ch46)
Id (v25)
Mushishi (ch35)

-I think that is a pretty good spread. See if you can match up to my chapter count and/or length.
-Pick your poisons and Infinite Justice witness.
-3 week deadline I think makes sense for this.

gunbo:

survivor:
Love Collage (ch119)
Karin (v14)
Threads of Time (ch46)
Id (v25)
Mushishi (ch35)

-I think that is a pretty good spread. See if you can match up to my chapter count.
Ugh

Just to be clear, I meant the translation of Blatt to Blade. Blatt means leaf or sheet in German. Blade is Klinge. /smartypants

I think I'll join you guys, gonna take a look at my backlog later.

Edit: When are you starting?

Edit: Can you be a bit clearer on the rules? Only manga you haven't started yet? What do the chapter numbers mean?

gunbo13

Edit: Can you be a bit clearer on the rules? Only manga you haven't started yet? What do the chapter numbers mean?
We start when survivor makes his picks that match up to my read length. Then Infinite Justice does a witness (so you can't worm out) and away we go. Right now we are jumping the gun a bit since I have one vol of Punpun left but that's alright.

The bet goes like this:
  • Pick a series or multiple series you have wanted to read yet have not.
  • Provide choices for the other person to select from which matches the length of your reads. Stuff can get ruled out if it has been read already or all the choices suck. But these are your choices so you are basically forcing them to read stuff. That's part of the fun since it will expand your reads.
  • Set a deadline for completion and review.
  • Alternate who picks each bet

EDIT:
Chapter numbers are current length.

survivor

Banned
gunbo:

survivor:
Love Collage (ch119)
Karin (v14)
Threads of Time (ch46)
Id (v25)
Mushishi (ch35)

-I think that is a pretty good spread. See if you can match up to my chapter count and/or length.

Mushishi is 10 volumes and Love Collage is 12 volumes so that's roughly the same amount of reading you will be doing.

Just to be clear, I meant the translation of Blatt to Blade. Blatt means leaf or sheet in German. Blade is Klinge. /smartypants

I think I'll join you guys, gonna take a look at my backlog later.

You should join cause I know you won't be recommending any slice of life/romance manga

Hunter x Hunter
THE VERY WORST TIME FOR A HIATUS. So it seems like things are progressing very fast and now they have a hunt target from all the major nations in the world? I don't want to say more since it seems more people haven't read it yet

gunbo13

You should join cause I know you won't be recommending any slice of life/romance manga
I gave you an even spread ya big baby. Just cause I'm reading the pure action/suspense ones doesn't mean you have to be jelly. It's not easy to find shit you haven't read.

Once witnessed we good.

Glass Rebel, how about you pick a couple series between the four that we are going to read?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Idol Pretender
Even more genderbent bisexual crossdressing harem hijinks. So business as usual for Idol Pretender, basically.

omG7a.png

Only one of the characters on this page was born a girl

I can't be the only one reading this, right?

Defuser

Magi
WHY IS THIS MANGA SO GOOD?!?!?! Holy shit,all the characters are awesome and the battles are soooo good.

I kept seeing Magi keep popping out in this thread,got my curiosity and I do regret not reading it until now.

upandaway

HxH

Wow. That was crazy.

The instant I saw the video I thought Ging would jump on that shit. Then they said Ging quit the Zodiacs.. I think he'll go for it. He'll go with them then ditch them once they're out. And I lol'd when I saw Pariston already there, this guy isn't joking around.
And if Ging goes for it, then Gon will tie into that. And being such a big deal, the Zoldyacks + Killua might tie into it too.

Not surprising that Beyond would be sort of villain-ish given his context but I don't think he's that bad of a guy. Or ignorant enough to rush to his death.
I doubt he'll have no problem going out but I also doubt that no one will be able to go. There's no way the arc will end with no one at least seeing a hint of the new world.

And yeah that was the worst chapter ever to go into hiatus.

huh? volume 30 is coming next month and with this chapter plus the "ten per volume" rule he has 2 more volumes after that he could churn out (although that would result in the volume releases being caught up to his most recent).
It does? Really? Huh? Where did you see that?

gunbo:

survivor:
Love Collage (ch119)
Karin (v14)
Threads of Time (ch46)
Id (v25)
Mushishi (ch35)

Witnessed etc :p

HxH

It does? Really? Huh? Where did you see that?

Plus it was in the same article that mentioned the hiatus

The next compiled book volume of the manga, #30, will ship next month. Viz Media published the 27th volume in North America this month.

Kreed

Hiatus X Hiatus 340:

Togashi definitely went all out with this chapter. Even the art was better than it has been in a couple of chapters. I hope we see new releases between Christmas and this time next year but Togashi has built up enough chapters for a couple of volumes (usually he only has one volume per hiatus) so who the hell knows when he'll be back next time.

Good chapter overall though. I doubt that Beyond is Netero's son though, he's probably a clone or something.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ubel Blatt:

Too much time spent on explosions and old men.

Not enough time spent on Koinzell banging chicks.

(What the fuck happened to their faces?)

Haly

Let's be honest, we all got into Ubel Blatt because he was basically a Link that slept around with all his Hyrulian Hoes.

survivor

Banned
You didn't get survivor's confirm. He is certainly a liar so he must be watched carefully. All of a sudden he'll be reading Black Lagoon and claim innocence.

/no trust
Black Lagoon is boring

Ubel Blatt:

Last time he banged a chick was like what, 60 chapters ago?

Solune

A simple guideline to ManGAF weekly cycle

- Hunter x Hunter release of thank god it's not on hiatus
LOL. Better revise that cycle.
A town where there are no therapists 31 - END

So, we finally arrived at the dénouement, the unraveling of all the issues and plot points. We discover the source of all the tensions and problems and family, and Eba, after living with Haruto, learned to face her problems head-on, and thus reconciliate with her sister-in-law.
They now finally form a truly cohesive family and lived happily ever after.
Having no more reason to return to Hiroshima, Eba said goodbye to Haruto, promising him to see him again when they're in college.
Melancholic, Haruto reminisces his moments passed with Eba in the Shinkansen, and thus the series end.

See ? It could've ended right here, it would've been good enough ! Buuuut noo, let's all hop aboard the retard-train to another 140 chapters !

You know it gets so bad that even Shouta sold off his volumes. Gatdayum.

It hurts me that this is still going strong while Mx0 ended too early. Japanese audience is stupid.

You guys... I'm still trying to salvage what's left of my heart. Why do we have to keep mentioning it!?

Let's be honest, we all got into Ubel Blatt because he was basically a Link that slept around with all his Hyrulian Hoes.

It's Hylian =p. Also I'd totally buy The Legend of Zelda: GTA.

Haly

Last time he banged a chick was like what, 60 chapters ago?

Must've been, which, in real world time, was like 3-4 years ago.

He also had kind of sort of not sex with Ato when he did the blood thing.

EDIT: Volume 2 to be exact, when he fucked the smuggler lady.

H X H

Fuck you Togashi. A great chapter and he goes on fucking hiatus. I really hope it´s like a couple of month not a whole year.

Beelzebub

Oga vs. a cheap Oga knock off. Funny chapter, but the damn red tail women annoy me to no end.

KHR

Finally we will know more about the damn Vindice.

Noblesse

Very nice development for Regis. He is now stomping and very good explanation about his new strength.

Ubel Blatt:

Dude haven't done that in a while now.

You didn't get survivor's confirm. He is certainly a liar so he must be watched carefully. All of a sudden he'll be reading Black Lagoon and claim innocence.

/no trust

That would require me to become ceiling cat and i don't have such resources lol

Okay, I'm at home.

Regarding your rules, gunbo, I'm not sure I totally get it. What am I actually reading? The stuff I want + stuff you guys suggested or just stuff from the suggestions?

Kusagari

HxH:

Oh my God, this is the biggest cocktease in manga history. I cannot believe he sets up this guaranteed to be amazing arc and then goes on hiatus.

Just a great chapter in every way. lol at Pariston already there like a boss.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hunter X Hunter: F

I didn't read it. I won't read it. Fuck you Togashi.

Narutu: F

Goddamn this shit is stupid. You know what I was thinking about earlier? These are 5 Kage. FIVE FUCKING KAGE and this battle is nothing more than a snooze fest. Then, I was thinking about previous battles involving Kage. 4th Hokage vs Anyone? 3rd Hokage vs Orochimaru? Real5th Hokage vs Pain (I'm talking about Jiraiya, not that pussy Narutu)? We already know the first was a boss...come on.

This is five kage and the battle is this boring? This is just awful.

The sasuke shit? Awful.

Hitman Reborn: F

This shit is SO boring. It doesn't even feel like anything is at stake. The biggest fault of Hitman Reborn is that EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER is paper thin and has 0 depth. This is a big problem because on the surface, there are plenty of likable characters that Amano has created.

gunbo13

Okay, I'm at home.

Regarding your rules, gunbo, I'm not sure I totally get it. What am I actually reading? The stuff I want + stuff you guys suggested or just stuff from the suggestions?
I don't think we can scramble a three person bet right now. So for this round if you want to join in this particular one, just pick some stuff out of the four reads we are reading overall.

-Advance of the Titans
-Ubel Blatt
-Mushishi
-Love Collage

If you have read most of them or feel like you can't put up with any, try finding one to make up for it from my list. If you then still come up empty, have survivor find you something that works. Still fail, then just do a side-bet with survivor. That will appease his inner action junkie. The goal is to equal the chapter count and length I posted so everyone is reading about the same amount. We typically have been writing a couple reviews per vols plus the final.
Send me a check to paypal then lol
Nah, this is a manga thread so you are the chosen one. A mech unit crashed next to your house amidst a galactic war. There is no reward except accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom