• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunbo13

Do we see more of him in GT? And what does it add to the story? Is it up to Android Saga quality?
Laughably enough in GT, Goten/Trunks keep getting fusion-blocked when they want to. It's more BS terrible decisions in GT just to make sure Gokou is the lame focus.

GT is garbage and the Android Saga is a million times better then any arc is could muster. Just pretend it doesn't exist and if you must, youtube some SS4 clips just to see it in action.

ryan13ts

Probably already said but it looks like Trafalgar laws crew is dead. Maybe big mom had something to do with it.

I don't think this is the case. I think it's more likely that Law just doesn't directly have his crew follow him around anymore. It's probably a lot like some of the other Shichibukai, who still have their pirate crews, but mainly act on their own now because of their title. I seriously hope his crew isn't dead, I love Bepo.

Naruto

The life lessons from Itachi was actually good and the Itachi Sasuke talk ought to have been longer. Diagramming and detailing the attacks was so text heavy and such that it was hard to follow and confusing. I think its better not knowing how it works then detailing it so intensely. Attack is way cooler imagining how it works.

Seven Days 1-3

Pretty nice series so far. Glad they jumped right in with the two dating, favorite line so far was when they were on the train on tuesday pm and was like "are we supposed to be dating?". Character designs are actually good and art is nice. Cant wait to see if they get together, clearly have feelings for each other.

survivor

Banned
Seven Days 1-3

Pretty nice series so far. Glad they jumped right in with the two dating, favorite line so far was when they were on the train on tuesday pm and was like "are we supposed to be dating?". Character designs are actually good and art is nice. Cant wait to see if they get together, clearly have feelings for each other.
Awesome, you are finally reading this.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece

It has to be Big Mom. Part of their plan requires capturing Caesar Clown. A guy who makes "candy." I mean, come on.

Luffy would be excited by the idea of taking down Shanks, but he wouldn't want to do it on the strength of anyone other than his own crew. Luffy would be downright angry if it was Blackbeard and would have a completely different reaction. And Luffy flat out wouldn't give a fuck if it was Kaido.

No matter how you look at it, it has to be Big Mom. It's just a "secret" now because Oda always likes to keep things like this "secret" before it's time to really deal with it, even if it's the only real logical option. Like, for example, how Akainu being Fleet Admiral was a "secret," even though it was clearly the most obvious choice.

Reborn

Whoa, that's kind of a... big revelation there. I have a feeling this wasn't planned when Vindice was introduced. I mean how many generations of Arcobaleno are there!?

Naruto: F-

Uh. What the fuck bro?

Like? What? What did I even just read? So basically Izanami is something that can be used on 1% of people and one of those 1% just happened to be the one person who is controlling Edo Tensei blahblahdefuckingblah

What's more disappointing than the fact that Sasuke didn't do a goddamn thing in this fight?

This is yet another fight where it boils down to love, friendship, and talk no jutsu. I mean really, Izanami "you break the loop when you realize who you really are!"...really? -_-

Why couldn't they have just killed the fucker for being an asshole? And has Kabuto set the record for biggest villain turned fodder in a matter of chapters...chapters numbering the single digits? I mean, he literally just finished talking about dragon shit and snake sages with turbans and pipes and now he's just kinda like...nothing.
It was designed specifically to be used against other Uchiha and considering how hax Izanagi is, Izanami actually had a pretty reasonable explanation. You can say it's convenient that such an ability exists to counter Kabuto but on the other hand, what opponent did Itachi need to use it against in the past? The only person he lost to was Sasuke and he lost intentionally. He would have wiped the floor with Sasuke if he fought seriously and that's without Izanagi or Izanami. They are abilities that cost you your eyesight so it's not something to use lightly, not something he'd want to use in life unless he had no other choice.

Realizing who you are is specific to Kabuto. You just have to accept that the way you are doing things is wrong to get out of Izanami. It was actually a pretty good explanation. It's just cheesy here because Kabuto's motivation is an emo cause.

It was stated in a previous chapter that they can't kill Kabuto while Edo is still running or it will never deactivate. Kabuto said this and it could be BS, but hard to call a bluff when there's no going back if you kill the guy.

Agree that Sasuke was worthless this whole fight and it makes you wonder what the point was. I guess it's supposed to be a life lesson for him and Kishi is using it as a tool to get Sasuke to let go of his hate. No doubt Itachi will have a little pow wow with him after this fight ends. I pretty much agree with Kabuto too. He was being setup as a large threat power-wise and then is kind of shut down as if he's a side arc villain. He's not the main villain but his sad little motivation is what makes him really seem small time. All that power for a lame purpose. I give him slack on losing that easily considering he was basically defeated by a plot device.

Wiseblade

Since we've passed the halfway point in this thread, it feels appropriate to post the hall of shame as it stands now:

iPkbNzgeGpwhf.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not exactly sure how survivor took #1.

Must be all that hipster manga he reads.

upandaway

Seems I got a 2-3-3-4 record going on. I love the downward curve on that, but how can I be sure it's not just people posting more than me, rather than just me posting less?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not exactly sure how survivor took #1.

Must be all that hipster manga he reads.

When you're in your late teens early 20s you have enough patience to read everything.

You guys are all still about a thousand years too early to be talking about getting the most posts in the combined threads.

Loofy

One Piece
I'm surprised no one is talking about the fact that Diable Jamble and Asura are basically confirmed to be haki techniques now
Honestly I thought Usopp was too. Its the only way for any of his sling shot attacks do any real damage. But thinking about it now I dont think we've actually seen usopp use any regular slingshot attacks, theyve all been flowers and stuff.

Question about Soul Eater

I stopped right when they were arriving on the moon. I was expecting that to be the end of the series and wanted to marathon it. Is that not the case? Has that whole ordeal been resolved and the series is still going? Saw someone make a comment about someone taking a shower which makes me think the moon incident and the Chrome or Chrone? incident are over.

Naruto

While the explanation for Izanami is good and makes sense, I still feel the same way about the fight as a whole as I did last week. This fight really feels to me as though it's simply a plot device to get Sasuke to team up with Naruto against Tobi. He won't do a complete 180, but he will drop a heavy dose of hate. The good thing is we'll go back to Naruto sooner than I thought because shutting down Edo Tensei should instantly defeat Madara so there won't be multiple chapters of that fight before Naruto's as I originally expected. Hopefully it gets to this point within 2 more chapters.

Bleach

So bored with these characters except for Buckbeard, nice finish to the chapter. Just finish off that Quincy already, Ichigo! Look forward to watching Buckbeard wreck shit in SS.

One Piece

Fuck yeah, alliance forged! Should be against Big Mom since Luffy quickly accepted without any conflicting emotions. It just doesn't make any lick of sense for it to be Shanks at this point in the story. It could be Kadou and Law has an agenda against him or maybe it will even be Blackbeard and Law is just trying to find a weakness, but they won't actually defeat him. I think Big Mom is easily the most probable. She's probably the weakest of the Warlords so it makes all the more sense. We don't know how strong Kodou is, but considering he had the balls to take on Whitebeard, I'm going to assume pretty damn strong. Big Mom didn't even show up with all the other big players at the war.

Not surprised that most of the SH's don't have haki. Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji all had strong characters training them so it makes sense for them to have it. It's something you have to learn to use, you don't just get it by being powerful alone. The main tranny character that healed Luffy is an officer of the revolution, so I assume she is pretty damn strong in some respect and is the one that taught Sanji haki. Looks like the others are forever doomed to fight the lower end villain cronies but at least the strength level will be higher since it's the NW and they've all been training. Would be kind of neat if the big 3 trained some of the others to use haki though but I doubt that would happen. Good chapter and the NW is really delivering thanks to Law.

Reborn

Wow, things got a lot more interesting! I actually really like the concept of the Vindice being the outcome of former arcebelano and it makes sense why they are so strong. The question is why is Bermuda still in chibi form? Surprised so much of the mystery was explained here, now we just need to know what's so special about the pacifiers (and why Bermuda is still in that form). My only problem with it is that it seems premature to select new arcebelano. The current candidates are still strong and seem in top form. The new candidates are just kids and no where near as strong as the current arcebelano. Also, the current set were chosen when they were adults so we know there's no condition that new candidates need to be young. Also still curious about that special flame element that the Vindice use. Have to say, didn't expect the Vindice to have a noble goal and turn out to be quasi-good guys. I'm strapped in for the rest of this arc.

Fairy Tail

Tame result but I should have expected that, though I wouldn't think it would be a Sabertooth member that would call for peace. I forget how many days of competition there are, just one more, right?

survivor

Banned
wednesday mangagaf is the worst

smutgaf is where it's at
Aunt Tits weekend > big 3 Wednesday

Question about Soul Eater

I stopped right when they were arriving on the moon. I was expecting that to be the end of the series and wanted to marathon it. Is that not the case? Has that whole ordeal been resolved and the series is still going? Saw someone make a comment about someone taking a shower which makes me think the moon incident and the Chrome or Chrone? incident are over.

The moon fight is still going. Kid just took a side tour somewhere to be able to win the moon war.

Loofy

Heres what Im thinking.

Tobi uses Izanami on sasuke..

..he breaks free because he understands why he was wrong and accepts naruto as his bff.

The moon fight is still going. Kid just took a side tour somewhere to be able to win the moon war.

Damn, really dragging that fight on, eh? Wasn't it just Justin and the Final Boss creature (forget the name it's been so long)? Does it seem like this will be the final arc?

Wiseblade

Heres what Im thinking.

Tobi uses Izanami on sasuke..

..he breaks free because he understands why he was wrong and accepts naruto as his bff.

If the final solution to Sasuke's angst streak is more sharingan crap then I will book a flight to Japan and Protest outside of Kishimoto's house until he makes a public apology for what Naruto has become.

And it's more likely that Itachi will give up his other eye to do it.

Has to be the final arc cause everyone is getting involved in this war.
Good, wonder how many chapters I'm behind now. I don't even remember what number they arrived on the moon. Want to knock out some of these series I'm reading so I can pick up a new one or two.
If the final solution to Sasuke's angst streak is more sharingan crap then I will book a flight to Japan and Protest outside of Kishimoto's house until he makes a public apology for what Naruto has become.

And it's more likely that Itachi will give up his other eye to do it.
Nah, I think Itachi talk no jutsu will get the job done.
KHR

Very informative chapter. It´s great how´s everything is wrapping up.

This chapter made me wonder if this will be the final arc or at least the pen ultimate since the Arcebelano and Vindice were the final mysteries in the series and you would think the Arcebelano in particular would be end game material.

Wont he be gone though after the edo tensei is over?
He's not under the influence of Edo anymore, hence why he can fight against Kabuto. I expect he'll sacrifice himself, maybe against Tobi as he knows his time is over. He just wants to help and set Sasuke on the right path, especially since he feels responsible for the way Sasuke turned out.

Reborn

Wow, things got a lot more interesting! I actually really like the concept of the Vindice being the outcome of former arcebelano and it makes sense why they are so strong. The question is why is Bermuda still in chibi form? Surprised so much of the mystery was explained here, now we just need to know what's so special about the pacifiers (and why Bermuda is still in that form). My only problem with it is that it seems premature to select new arcebelano. The current candidates are still strong and seem in top form. The new candidates are just kids and no where near as strong as the current arcebelano. Also, the current set were chosen when they were adults so we know there's no condition that new candidates need to be young. Also still curious about that special flame element that the Vindice use. Have to say, didn't expect the Vindice to have a noble goal and turn out to be quasi-good guys. I'm strapped in for the rest of this arc.

I was confused about that part or maybe Bermuda is just speculating. Everyone in the war Representative battles are too young, well of the teams remaining, and no one is on Arcobaleno level as they were when the I prescelti sette were adults.

Loofy

He's not under the influence of Edo anymore, hence why he can fight against Kabuto. I expect he'll sacrifice himself, maybe against Tobi as he knows his time is over. He just wants to help and set Sasuke on the right path, especially since he feels responsible for the way Sasuke turned out.
Hes free of the influence but I thought he was still 'alive' because it was still active. He cant be zombie itachi forever..

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
If Itachi was gonna use Koto Amatsukiomifuckingstupidsharingantechnique on Sasuke to take actual control of him, I don't see why he wouldn't use Izanami on Sasuke. I mean, Izanami is one realizing for themselves that they should stop whatever it is they're doing.

So now, the question is, why the fuck did Itachi even attempt to implant Koto Amatsukiwhatever into the crow instead of Izanami? Stupid.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because he knew Sasuke would be too boneheaded to realize his mistakes, like Kabuto.

Only the power of boy love talk-no-jutsu can melt his frozen heart.

Reborn
Exposition chapter go! Yet, I'm amazed that most of it made sense. It's also a pretty cool concept and shifting between two methods of gathering who to curse is pretty cool.

If Itachi was gonna use Koto Amatsukiomifuckingstupidsharingantechnique on Sasuke to take actual control of him, I don't see why he wouldn't use Izanami on Sasuke. I mean, Izanami is one realizing for themselves that they should stop whatever it is they're doing.

So now, the question is, why the fuck did Itachi even attempt to implant Koto Amatsukiwhatever into the crow instead of Izanami? Stupid.

He'll obviously try talk no jutsu before resorting to Izanami as he should, and since it's Itachi, it will probably work. Sasuke is pretty calm and attentive to Itachi right now so chances are, he'll be receptive.

What's this Koto ability you're talking about?

He'll obviously try talk no jutsu before resorting to Izanami as he should, and since it's Itachi, it will probably work. Sasuke is pretty calm and attentive to Itachi right now so chances are, he'll be receptive.

What's this Koto ability you're talking about?

The crow with the sharingan Naruto got and finally used but it caught Itachi instead breaking him from Kabuto's grasp (via the Edo Tensei).

The technique would have basically forced Sasuke to be loyal to Konoha (as per Itachi's intent).

gunbo13

Do you also call Guts "gattsu"? jesus
I grew up calling him and writing Gokou. I used to get VHS tapes from China Town with paper stickers as labels before DBZ was in the states. So I'm not fucking changing.
smutgaf stands victorious
Like Wednesday-gaf even has a chance. I'll hold down Stat while we continue to dominate.
Should I be ashamed of being in the top 10
Yes. But you should also be proud.

The crow with the sharingan Naruto got and finally used but it caught Itachi instead breaking him from Kabuto's grasp (via the Edo Tensei).

The technique would have basically forced Sasuke to be loyal to Konoha (as per Itachi's intent).

Ah, forgot it had a name. I don't think Itachi foresaw how bad Sasuke would get and didn't feel Izunami was necessary. He was pretty surprised when he learned of Sasukes actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom