• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

If Itachi was gonna use Koto Amatsukiomifuckingstupidsharingantechnique on Sasuke to take actual control of him, I don't see why he wouldn't use Izanami on Sasuke. I mean, Izanami is one realizing for themselves that they should stop whatever it is they're doing.

So now, the question is, why the fuck did Itachi even attempt to implant Koto Amatsukiwhatever into the crow instead of Izanami? Stupid.

Because the Sharingan has so many powers, it's easy to forget about a couple of them from time to time.

Ah, forgot it had a name. I don't think Itachi foresaw how bad Sasuke would get and didn't feel Izunami was necessary. He was pretty surprised when he learned of Sasukes actions.

To be fair you wouldn't want to use the "force unwillingly" action before the "willingly repent" option and i think that's the beef Stat is having.

I grew up calling him and writing Gokou. I used to get VHS tapes from China Town with paper stickers as labels before DBZ was in the states. So I'm not fucking changing.

Like Wednesday-gaf even has a chance. I'll hold down Stat while we continue to dominate.

Yes. But you should also be proud.

?

Zekes!

Fujimura-kun Mates:

The last few chapters haven't been as funny. Hopefully we can get back to the funny soon.

Beelzebub

jHvLBo8Taw67y.png

gunbo13

So you prefer... being wrong?
Prefer? Not really. But I probably type Gokou instead of Goku about 1/2 the time out of habit. It was Gokou on a ton of shit for so many years. I'm willing to correct myself if you want to give me an organized training regiment. Either that or we both can just not give a shit. ;)
I actually understood what you were saying but i just trolling lol
Yea...sounded a bit off.
Must...increase...power level
Good luck with that and your 9000.

Loofy

So you prefer... being wrong?

http://i.minus.com/iSUdoMUwRH7R6.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]Its a translation from japanese. Anything goes.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/c2DNbl.jpg
Anime name Goku
Alternate names
Son Gokou
Son Gokuh
Son Gokuu
Kakarotto
Monkey Boy
Zero (Harmony Gold dub)
Cachalote
Sangoku
Son-Kuh
Son-Kun
Super Goku
Mega Goku
Mr. Super Saiyan
Songo (Polish Dub)
Gogo (Arabic Dub)
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Goku

gunbo13

Its a translation from japanese. Anything goes.
c2DNbl.jpg

Yea. I used to have all those figures with Gokou on it. My VHS copies I got while DBZ wasn't here yet usually used Gokou. Other stuff like posters, JPN games, trading cards, etc... I used a lot of dough on DBZ.

I believe Goku is preferred though as it is close to the pronunciation and another spelling with Gokuu. I don't remember the specifics though.
My nakama
Go enjoy your fruit punch.

The one I read kept using Gokuh, though some of the names in Dragonball seemed impossible to spell, like was it Babi Di, Bebi De, Bebi dah? Vejita, Vegetta, Vejeta, Krilin, Kurrurun, Kililin, Kulilun, Kakarot, Kakarotto.

Kyuur

Beelzebub 157

Beel sucking it up and electrocuting his opponents = awesome

So awesome! I love this manga.

One Piece
I'm surprised no one is talking about the fact that Diable Jamble and Asura are basically confirmed to be haki techniques now

Diable Jamble makes all kind of sense now. Sanji just uses armor Haki to prevent himself from feeling the fire. His new all-fire mode is him simply applying the same principle to his entire body.

I think Zoro has been using Haki for a while now. All his 'flying' attacks could be weak forms of haki usage (pre-timeskip anyways). Have we ever seen one of those go through a logia type? Also, the 'breath of all things' he did in Arabasta makes me think of Haki as well.

Esch

Banned
Bleach has been shitty for so many chapters its almost ridiculous. Its been terrible since the soul society arc ended. Really nosedove in quality.

Bleach has been shitty for so many chapters its almost ridiculous. Its been terrible since the soul society arc ended. Really nosedove in quality.

Impossible. Maybe if you meant the Arrancar saga but since Soul Society ended? Bleach became so much better after that improving upon mistakes made in that arc, weak characters were developed into competent fighters, Soul Society and stoic characters were rounded out and made more interesting, new powers outclassed everything then, there was an actual identifiable final boss with minibosses that we actually cared about, we received better and higher quality lush environments, Rukia received Sode no Shirayuki Tsugi no Mai Haguren (no more spamming of Hado 33 Soikatsui and Hado 31 Shakkahou), and the arc was nice length with good pacing.

Soul Society wasnt that good and Ive read it and rewatched it all four times now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Actually, smutgaf is just an awkward group of dudes who are turned on by cartoons. I have no clue why you'd want to talk about it publicly. You know how girls at your school think about anime and how its pretty much all tentacles? That's how the rest of us view hentaiGAF.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You don't have to be tsundere about it, you are welcome to join us anytime you want Grimace-kun

tsundere would imply there was any dere available for hentai

Not nearly as crazy as when people use "shichibukai" and "yonkou".

I am 100% serious. That drives me up the wall.
For the most part, the English/Japanese translation is quite good these days. Some people are just unpleasant, unpleasable types.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Nah. It's been up and down since. But it's definitely had great moments since SS. Hueco Mundo had bad pacing but plenty of good fights. FKT was great up until Aizen started to become a true fucking creeper and ugly and shit (with Long Hair Ichigo being somewhat redeeming). Fullbring was pretty much all shit. This current arc has been mostly good.

gunbo13

Actually, smutgaf is just an awkward group of dudes who are turned on by cartoons.
We exist solely for you to generalize and label.
Nah. It's been up and down since. But it's definitely had great moments since SS. Hueco Mundo had bad pacing but plenty of good fights. FKT was great up until Aizen started to become a true fucking creeper and ugly and shit (with Long Hair Ichigo being somewhat redeeming). Fullbring was pretty much all shit. This current arc has been mostly good.
Agree with everything except the current arc, where I have observed nothing good. And while Bleach has been up and down, SS was its true up. Hueco Mundo and FKT had sparks that were quality but still well below the SS high points.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Agree with everything except the current arc, where I have observed nothing good. And while Bleach has been up and down, SS was its true up. Hueco Mundo and FKT had sparks that were quality but still well below the SS high points.
The thing that's best about this arc so far is the pacing. Compare how this arc started with how other arcs started. Shit has gotten real, and really quickly, it's only been 12 chapters and it's taken no time for shit to start to happen. That, and we have an intriguing main villain and an amp up in the violence. + It all revolves around the Quincy.

Well, that's what I like about it so far. I'll look for the depth and such once we get a bit more deep into it and should have more information.

But yeah, I agree with you. I wish Kubo could redraw the SS arc with his current art style. That would be a treat.

Zekes!

Actually, smutgaf is just an awkward group of dudes who are turned on by cartoons. I have no clue why you'd want to talk about it publicly. You know how girls at your school think about anime and how its pretty much all tentacles? That's how the rest of us view hentaiGAF.

You get turned on by us getting turned on from cartoons (getting turned on)

I'm gonna be real and say that the use of nakama in translated works bugs me.

Truth is i write which one is shorter just being lazy i guess.

Man hentai can work for you.

Tess3ract

Banned
I grew up calling him and writing Gokou. I used to get VHS tapes from China Town with paper stickers as labels before DBZ was in the states. So I'm not fucking changing.
It's engrish though. You're perpetuating engrish.

Its a translation from japanese. Anything goes.
c2DNbl.jpg

That's because japan doesn't have that specific U sound so it has to include the OU to do it. So again, ENGRISH.

I remember when I was young and thought that shit was real. Fuck.
nuke it from orbit.

I had allot of friends who also thought is was real .
When they found out it was fake they were crushed , good times.

Edit how the hell am i still in top 20 for this thread when i hardly post compare to the old days .

Beelzebub
Going to stop read this for a while cause nothing seem to be happening .

gunbo13

Honestly, I would've preferred that things stop at SS2 and SS3 reserved for fusions. Gohan turning SS2 for me was what DBZ was about. Sure, it isn't super deep but the entire thing was just so satisfying. It's very reminiscent of Ichigo's bankai. However, SS3 was closer to Hueco Hichigo. SS2/Bankai were surprises even though you knew the makeup of the power-ups already. In Bleach, we knew about bankai and had seen them. And Ichigo had shown plenty of flashy moves already. In DBZ, we had seen variations of SS1. But the reason SS2 and Ichigo's bankai were so great is that they met your expectations but didn't equal them. Hichigo/SS3, while great, typically did meet your expectations. They seemed cool...but never caught you off guard.

Maybe it's the curse of the shounen power-up, at least for me. It's typically not the first one shown but somewhere in the early batch. From there, series like Bleach had great moments with early Hichigo, the mask, etc... DBZ with fusions, crazy moves, legendary SS, etc... But none of them even come close to the few power-ups I mentioned.

Bankai will always be my favorite Bleach power up .
It was awesome, Ichigo seem like a Boss with it after that none of the other power ups were the same to me .
Hollow form just made his Getsuga Tensho black and his 2 other power ups he can't use any more.

But that's when Beelzebub is good

Not to me i like when there is a mixture of both story and comedy.

I remember when homies first seen Ichigo's bankai, and he schooled the fuck out of Byakuya.

When Byakuya said it would take him 100 years to master Bankai and Ichigo did it under three days. That was when Soul Society got epic.

I always craved for there to be something higher than Bankai in Bleach which is looking to be unlikely, characters like Renji, Byakuya, and Hitsugaya would benefit since if theres nothing higher than Bankai then theyve already reached their highest levels.

In the case of Dragonball, I wouldnt have minded things beyond SS2, if the appearances of the characters didn't change so much and become kind of villainous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom