• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I thought there was gonna be something beyond Bankai too early on. But Kubo has kind of made it alright by not showing us the bankais (read: Stalling) of some of the strongest shinigami.

Bleach has been shitty for so many chapters its almost ridiculous. Its been terrible since the soul society arc ended. Really nosedove in quality.

I largely agree but there have been exceptions here and there. There were some good fights in the Arrancar arc and the Pendulum flashback was one of the brightest points in the series. FB started promising and then turned to shit. This arc I expect to ultimately be good because Kubo can go balls to the walls with throwing every last element of the series into this arc, being the last.

You guys ever attempt the fusion dance when you were kids?

I swear it almost worked

Only time I saw the dance in motion was in the Bakuman anime, which I guess I need to see a gif in db anime.

edit oh found one
tumblr_m4fxfubt9D1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Tess3ract

Banned
Dragonball

"Goku, kill piccolo! if I die you can always revive me with the dragonballs!"

Except....if he does that he wont be able to because if the person who created the dragonballs dies, the dragonballs stop working.

Zekes!

Medaka Box

Wut.

Anyways, Naze is moe, yadda yadda. Have I ever mentioned that I appreciate her wearing her panties outside her pantyhose? No?

Soma

Medaka Box

Oh wow, a
Kanji user
? da fuuuuuck?

Naze continues to be my favorite character (besides Kumagawa).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
nah, bleach chapter just looked especially shit this week.
look at this bro

k3zVn.jpg

F2lCQ.jpg

H3l5N.jpg

Can't tell me those don't look like shit. On the flipside, other than Opie (who is supposed to look a mess)...everything in Bleach looked like usual. But then again, art and subjectivity and shit.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I always craved for there to be something higher than Bankai in Bleach which is looking to be unlikely, characters like Renji, Byakuya, and Hitsugaya would benefit since if theres nothing higher than Bankai then theyve already reached their highest levels.

Well, Kubo said in a recent interview that Renji's Bankai has changed somewhat

Q: Will they display new abilities or techniques in the new arc?
Kubo: That will be revealed. Renji’s bankai has already changed.
From - http://itsbleach.tumblr.com/post/16476257327

So I believe we'll be seeing some new attacks, and perhaps something more unique than just acting like an amped up version of Zabimaru. I know it sounds odd, but I'm thinking it'll actually have flesh and a mind of it's own now. Also, Hitsugaya was training with his Bankai after the FKT war. I'm guessing he's finally got rid of those limiting petals, so that should be interesting to see too.

Edit: What? Bleach's art was fine this week. I think people are hating on Kubo just for the sake of it now...

look at this bro

http://i.imgur.com/k3zVn.jpg[/mg]
[mg]http://i.imgur.com/F2lCQ.jpg
[ig]http://i.imgur.com/H3l5N.jpg[/ig]

Can't tell me those don't look like shit. On the flipside, other than Opie (who is supposed to look a mess)...everything in Bleach looked like usual. But then again, art and subjectivity and shit.
sasuke always looks like that and that kabuto is a scan or tone from a previous chapter(kishi didn't redraw it like he usually does) so i don't really give two fucks about that

YAWN

Yeah, I feel like I'm defending Bleach everywhere I go. I understand people being pissed at the Fullbring arc, but this current arc seems to be making amends. Kubo's definitely stepped up his pacing, and we're finally getting more info on the Quincy.
It just irks me when people bash it because "lolbleach" when this arc has had more content so far than a lot of it's contenders. Like I said before, if a villain in One Piece just showed off the ability to absorb and steal the powers of another, people would be calling it a great chapter :^/

Yeah, I feel like I'm defending Bleach everywhere I go. I understand people being pissed at the Fullbring arc, but this current arc seems to be making amends. Kubo's definitely stepped up his pacing, and we're finally getting more info on the Quincy.
It just irks me when people bash it because "lolbleach" when this arc has had more content so far than a lot of it's contenders. Like I said before, if a villain in One Piece just showed off the ability to absorb and steal the powers of another, people would be calling it a great chapter :^/
this arc is just like every other one so far, slightly faster pace in the beginning and i'm guessing it's gonna turn to shit soon like every bleach arc. these villains feeling like non canon movie fodder doesn't help either.

A character has done that and a lot of people called it a bullshit development.

Just to be clear, I'm not taking sides here. I'm a pretty big Bleach fan too and have no problem with recent events. I also liked the Fullbring arc. I'm just hoping Kubo doesn't end the series without showing the Royal Guard and the King.

YAWN

this arc is just like every other one so far, slightly faster pace in the beginning and i'm guessing it's gonna turn to shit soon like every bleach arc. these villains feeling like non canon movie fodder doesn't help either.

Well, in the interview I linked earlier Kubo said that we'll be seeing the Royal Guard in this arc. Coupled with the fact that the enemy can steal bankai, absorb and use the powers of another, and the leader is someone who Yamamoto failed to kill has me guessing these guys are more than fodder.

cosmicblizzard - Blackbeard right? Back when he first stole Whitebeard's power I remember the forum I visited exploded in hype. I guess people have formed a different opinion now, but when Oda does give an explanation on how Teach exactly did it, like Kubo did with the Quincy this chapter, I'm sure people will come around.

Big One

Banned
We get hyped about unexpected develops in One Piece because the explanations and storyline behind it is of top notch quality. When Bleach does it, it's very vague and once we find out the truth (like Aizen's plan in Soul Society arc) it never makes any legitimate sense, wasn't foreshadowed, and is bad storytelling overall. Bleach literally bullshits everything while with One Piece what you don't see coming turns out was already established in the manga itself.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
We get hyped about unexpected develops in One Piece because the explanations and storyline behind it is of top notch quality. When Bleach does it, it's very vague and once we find out the truth (like Aizen's plan in Soul Society arc) it never makes any legitimate sense, wasn't foreshadowed, and is bad storytelling overall. Bleach literally bullshits everything while with One Piece what you don't see coming turns out was already established in the manga itself.

And the sad part is he actually believes this.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Eh, most of the "twists" or "reveals" in Bleach either made sense or have yet to be explained in full.

cosmicblizzard is like the ultimate shonenbro. He reads as much shit as smutgaf and their terrible tastes but its like, swag shonen instead. I know I'm talking about you like you didn't recently post or anything, but yeah. I've gotta take a look at that thread you made when I've got some time.

Oh, and don't take mysticwhip seriously. He'd tell you this Naruto war arc is good shit.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Isn't it Warlords? I think it's warlords.

Hmmm.

Oda really loves his organizations/groups, huh.

Four Emperors.
Shichibukai.
World Government.
New Age Pirates.

etc etc.

It's gonna take a while before Luffy tackles them all. Not to mention Oda is probably going to invent some new ones on the road, hahaha.

It's gonna be interesting to see which one of these two mangas will end first: One Piece or Detective Conan. I'm banking on Conan but you never know since every few meters Conan walks in any direction murder happens, heh.

Steroyd

Naruto

While the explanation for Izanami is good and makes sense, I still feel the same way about the fight as a whole as I did last week. This fight really feels to me as though it's simply a plot device to get Sasuke to team up with Naruto against Tobi. He won't do a complete 180, but he will drop a heavy dose of hate. The good thing is we'll go back to Naruto sooner than I thought because shutting down Edo Tensei should instantly defeat Madara so there won't be multiple chapters of that fight before Naruto's as I originally expected. Hopefully it gets to this point within 2 more chapters.

I really don't see what's stopping Madara from using that path where he could revive himself so he isn't directly affected by Edo Tensei's rules... like what happened to Itachi with his own eye technique.

I think I just threw up a little.

Isn't it Warlords? I think it's warlords.
If you go by the literally translation Oka Shichibukai means Royal Seven Military Seas .
Yokou does not translate literally to Four Emperors either if i remember right .
but yeah Shichibukai means Seven Warlords in English .

cosmicblizzard - Blackbeard right? Back when he first stole Whitebeard's power I remember the forum I visited exploded in hype. I guess people have formed a different opinion now, but when Oda does give an explanation on how Teach exactly did it, like Kubo did with the Quincy this chapter, I'm sure people will come around.

That because more people are willing to give Oda a chance to explain what happen for whatever reason to them .

Hmmm.
Oda really loves his organizations/groups, huh.
Four Emperors.
Shichibukai.
World Government.
New Age Pirates.

etc etc.
It's gonna take a while before Luffy tackles them all. Not to mention Oda is probably going to invent some new ones on the road, hahaha.

Truth is Luffy has already met with allot of them .
He met with all the Warlords already , the tops guys in the WG and 2 of the Four Emperors .

On the Topic of Bleach this arc has be good so far and i like it but Bleach has lost allot of fans during the last 2 arcs if you go by manga sales in Japan

Literally, it translates to "Seven Military Seas." But since that sounds really dumb, ""Seven Warlords of the Sea" is the translation used by Viz, 4Kids and Funi.

Funny thing is the the Shichibukai are nothing like Warlords if you go by the definition of what a Warlord is .
Well expect for maybe Boa and Moria.

Wiseblade

Funny thing is the the Shichibukai are nothing like Warlords if you go by the definition of what a Warlord is .
Well expect for maybe Boa and Moria.

Well, "Seven Lapdogs of the World Government" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :p

"Mercenaries" would be more accurate, but doesn't really have the cool factor of "Warlord".

Seven Days 4-13.1 (End)

That was pretty nice. Seryou and Yuzuru had many great scenes favorites were the one in the park, the movie theater the room on Saturday (though, of course the cell phone always ruins these moments in stories), and the ending. Nice. Hopefully can find something else like it. Thanks for the recommendation for it (survivor)

Well, "Seven Lapdogs of the World Government" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :p

"Mercenaries" would be more accurate, but doesn't really have the cool factor of "Warlord".

Royal Seven Mercenaries of the Seas or Seven Mercenaries of Seas don't sound as cool but it not bad lol.

Bullshit. Please tell me where ace being Rogers son was foreshadowed cause I called asspull on that the minute Sengoku revealed that.

Wiseblade

Bullshit. Please tell me where ace being Rogers son was foreshadowed cause I called asspull on that the minute Sengoku revealed that.

Ace's conversation with Garp just prior to the Impel down arc was a strong hint. and IIRC at the Post-Enies Lobby arc questions were raised about their relation too.

Zeppu

Also, the fact that Ace wasn't a 'Monkey'. It was shown right from his very first appearance that he wasn't really Luffy's brother. Ace's true heritage and ancestry was put into question from his first appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom