• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Looking back at the previous cover stories, the latest one was the longest at 48 chapters. God damn that's a lot of catch-up.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I don't know if Opie's a mook. Buckbeard specifically said "If it's Opie, Ichigo won't be able to move for quite some time"...that means that he's gotta be something good. And then there's the fact that Ichigo is "special war potential" whatever the fuck that means.

Naruto

... What am I reading? How does this make sense?
How was their clan using the "force restart" eye trick so much? Doesn't it take away your eyesight?

And how could they die without WANTING to die if it were that common of a trick? Like, wouldn't some of them just run away from Itachi when he was killing them?

And ... didn't you need 1st kage's flesh to do that?

And .... how could someone spam it when they only have 2 eyes?

And ..... you know what, fuck it.

F-

Besides all the plot holes, why do these techniques exist in the first place? They're completely stupid. It's like having a Sharingan technique that makes the user lose his arm but then his opponent is trapped punching himself for all eternity unless he finds true love.

Oh, I figured out how they can spam Izanagi though. They use it once to change reality, losing one eye. Then they use Izanagi again to change reality to one where they have both eyes restored.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I didn't get the izanami flashback either. I meant, Senju must've been REALLY hax to be able to subdue an entire clan of reality altering goons. Also, how does Itachi know about all this shit? Also, how did Itachi slaughter everyone if apparently Izanami and Izanagi are free for all techniques.

The way Madara Tobi talked about them made it seem like they were techniques only the legendary Uchiha's knew about. Then there's the specific Mangekyou sharingan techniques (and it's still not quite clear how one achieves it either)...why the fuck didn't Itachi just use Izanami on Sasuke?

Dresden

So it seems Berserk will be getting a 3-part special about Guts' (pre-Hawks?) childhood...

KWn8v.jpg

I wonder who'll rape him this time.

Kreed

One Piece 668:

I was confused how the slime monster took out those two guys at first but realized it was from poison gas. I guess every enemy on this island has some sort of gas weapon/attack (yes I know it goes with the theme).

And I see now Law has begun his transformation into a comedic character now that he's teamed up with Luffy (won't be long before his eyes start popping out of his head). I'm kind of curious if Law kept his pirate crew this entire time or if he left them once he started working for the government (since they mentioned Law's crew name). Anyway I'm glad most of the characters have been swapped back.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

Where the fuck does Opie rank on the Pyramid in terms of power levels on the Vandenreich? He seems to be just a mook, but is able to do all this crazy ass shit. Come on son.

Naruto

The fuck is this shit? The explanation made NO fucking sense whatsoever.

Remember how powerful Grimmjow was at first.

Just gotta get that Ichigo powerup and it'll all stabilize again.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I think the whole "So you're leaving them behind" thing that Law said may have been a hint on how Law treated his crew. They may have not agreed with what he wanted to do so he left him behind. Law is now seeing the contrast between him and Luffy as a captain when Luffy said "If they want to do it, so do I." Just speculation, but Law will learn a lot from this alliance.

I really want to see what kind of Haki Sanji and Zoro can use.

survivor

Banned
Trinity Seven

Arata is the master of grabbing boobs

Battle stuff is boring and so was all the magic explanations garbage. Headmaster seems serious about fighting, I wonder if he is strong.

Epcott

Well let me break it down for you...

1. I get mad and think the names are weeaboo shit
2. People tell me it isn't weaboo shit and it's actually a name of a set of Japanese deities
3. I realize that I was wrong but try to explain why I thought it was weeaboo shit
4. Everyone thinks I'm calling Kishimoto a weeaboo
5. Makes joke about Kishimoto being a weeaboo in reaction
6. Continue on the main subject of scanlators being massive weeaboos and defending my initial position
7. People still think I'm saying Kishimoto is a weeaboo

You forgot #0...
You were trolling all along, and the manga guys just fell for your genjutsu. I see what you did there.

Anywho, moving on.

Naruto
A coworker was reading Naruto this morning, and asked what Izanami was. I really had no easy explanation, even with the full chapter wasted dedicated to explaining it. I mean, I get it, but it's just goofy to explain it out loud. I just told him it was a deus ex machina. It's much more tolerable if you just go with it, besides, how else would Itachi subdue Kobuto and make him end the edo tensei?

One Piece
Good chapter. I'm happy Taffy made the switch, I was getting tired of the "I'm in their body" gag. However, I was expecting the Cool Brothers to befriend Chopper in rage mode, mistaking him for a sasquatch, but it was pretty satisfying to see Traf take them down instead. I hope the emperor they're going after is Big Mom, but knowing how Oda works, it's probably not. (Edit: You guys think Shanks??? But why, when Luffy idolizes him?)

Bleach
Haven't read it since Quincy Nazi appeared in Ichigo's house. Meh... will wait until arc gets closer to wrapping up.

Deadman Wonderland
Still looking for a site with a scan. Is it on hiatus? Where are my dragons? (oops, misplaced GOT ref)

Tess3ract

Banned
Is DragonBall the manga also dragon ball z the manga? Like does it encompass both?

That being said I'm going through DragonBall right now and lmao at the bruce lee impressed by krillin's kick.

Is DragonBall the manga also dragon ball z the manga? Like does it encompass both?

That being said I'm going through DragonBall right now and lmao at the bruce lee impressed by krillin's kick.

Yea the entire series is called Dragonball but it was split up in the anime adaptation (DB dealing with Child Goku to Adult Goku vs Piccolo and Z dealing with the Saiyans to Buu)

Kreed

One Piece 668:

I really want to see what kind of Haki Sanji and Zoro can use.

Well I doubt Sanji and Zoro have "Conqueror's Haki" since Luffy already has it. That means that there's two remaining forms of Haki that Zoro and Sanji could get. And knowing how Oda's written these two for years he won't give Sanji and Zoro the same form of Haki. So if we look at the fighting styles of Sanji and Zoro (and Zoro's motivations/goals as a swordsman), I would say Sanji will get Observation Haki, and Zoro will get Armament Haki.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Yes. The entire manga is called Dragon Ball while the anime was split into two series. Kind of like Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.
Unless it's the Viz version, then it's split in the manga as well. Likely to avoid confusing people.

Zekes!

Kodomo no Jikan 83

Still working up to the girl's graduation. I'm feeling like we'll get to their graduation by the end of this year. Also alone time for Aoki and Rin? I wonder what's gonna happen.

Steroyd

Oh, I figured out how they can spam Izanagi though. They use it once to change reality, losing one eye. Then they use Izanagi again to change reality to one where they have both eyes restored.

But according to the flashback, Uchiha's were spamming Inzanagi so much Inzanami had to be created to counter it or something, which indicates Uchiha's were sacrificing eyesight all over the place before Inzanami came to play.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
One Piece 668:
Well I doubt Sanji and Zoro have "Conqueror's Haki" since Luffy already has it. That means that there's two remaining forms of Haki that Zoro and Sanji could get. And knowing how Oda's written these two for years he won't give Sanji and Zoro the same form of Haki. So if we look at the fighting styles of Sanji and Zoro (and Zoro's motivations/goals as a swordsman), I would say Sanji will get Observation Haki, and Zoro will get Armament Haki.
Even though I know it sounded like this, I didn't mean "type" as in the three different types of Haki. I just meant how they will integrate it into their current moveset. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it broke down, but at the same time since Luffy already has all three, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro had Observation and Armament.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Naruto:
The spoiler sounded bad but this is on a whole other level.

So I'm guessing the DBZ anime has lots of fluff? there's only 40 volumes or so of dragonball

DBZ had a bunch of filler which they attempted to remove in the Kai version of the series. Not sure if it was successful though.

Also didn't watch much of DB though so i'm not fully clear on the filler in that one.

Then GT takes anything good about Dragon Ball, extracts it, destroys it, and runs with whats left.

there is a reason GT was not placed in my post lol (i actually had it in as a warning but decided to remove it)

Even though I know it sounded like this, I didn't mean "type" as in the three different types of Haki. I just meant how they will integrate it into their current moveset. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it broke down, but at the same time since Luffy already has all three, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro had Observation and Armament.

It would make sense for both of them to have observation and armament .
They are going vs a logia user , observation only would make the person useless.
I can see them having both but being better at a certain one.

The DBZ anime has allot of filler , people powering up for 5 mins in a Ep lol
There was the Kai version but i stop watching because og how bad it was put together .

Kreed

One Piece 668:

It would make sense for both of them to have observation and armament .
They are going vs a logia user , observation only would make the person useless.
I can see them having both but being better at a certain one.

We don't know if Luffy knows which type of Haki Sanji and Zoro knows/is good at vs just knowing they know Haki. So him mentioning they were all Haki users doesn't mean they all have Armament. Besides I doubt Luffy, Law, Zoro, and Sanji are going to all fight Caesar Clown.

It is possible they did learn both (considering who Zoro's teacher was), but Sanji is another story. From what we saw of Sanji during the 2 year training, the setting was more suited for Observation training (running away/knowing how many people he needed to get away from).

Erigu

Again 1-7

This manga gets survivor's seal of approval. Well done comedy, great characters, good art, hilarious faces. Only 7 chapters are out so I can't comment on the pacing or if they will drag out the story, but let's hope for the best
The pacing and plot get a bit odd after three/four volumes, but I still find the characters and comedy very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom