• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone following Naruto, I have a question:

Have zombie Kimimaro and Chiyo done anything yet? I remember seeing them way back at the beginning of all of this Edo Tensei stuff and don't remember them doing anything.

Seems they had an inconclusive outcome before we focused on key characters. I guess we'll see them dissipate once the edo tensei stops.

Erigu

Have zombie Kimimaro and Chiyo done anything yet? I remember seeing them way back at the beginning of all of this Edo Tensei stuff and don't remember them doing anything.
I'm guessing they (and a bunch of others) are there just so the anime guys would have some filler material (kinda hard to interrupt a war with entirely different stories, after all)...

Zekes!

TWGOK

The singing was cheesy as fuck (I hate it when there's singing, for whatever reason. At least Beck would omit the lyrics when they sang in the manga...anyways) but Keima crying at the end was a nice reveal.

I'm ready for this new arc

survivor

Banned
Cosmic is indeed the shounenbro. But that doesn't exclude him from taste criticism! Also there's no reason we can't be both shounen/smut readers. survivor is like the merging between both races. It's like when Zeratul discovered the Zerg/Protoss hybrid.
I will bring true peace between smutgaf and shounengaf

TWGOK

Should have ended the manga right there with Keima and Chihiro dating and but whatever, we got some manga to milk

TWGOK

Should have ended the manga right there with Keima and Chihiro dating and but whatever, we got some manga to milk

Way too many loose threads and unanswered questions. To name a few, we still need to know what Tenri told Diana which caused her wings to grow, Mercury needs proper screen time to establish her personality like the other Goddesses did, we have no idea what the deal is with Akari and Nikaido, Lune and the leaders of Vintage are still at large, etc. It might have been possible to tie up a few of those if Wakaki were in a rush, but taking all of them on now could only seem contrived.

Also everyone forgot about Haqua, because she's overrated.

Way too many loose threads and unanswered questions. To name a few, we still need to know what Tenri told Diana which caused her wings to grow, Mercury needs proper screen time to establish her personality like the other Goddesses did, we have no idea what the deal is with Akari and Nikaido, Lune and the leaders of Vintage are still at large, etc. It might have been possible to tie up a few of those if Wakaki were in a rush, but taking all of them on now could only seem contrived.

Also everyone forgot about Haqua, because she's overrated.

We still have Elsie's sister (at least getting more info about her)

Wiseblade

Me

I refuse to read that filth

Yet you read ReBurst...

idDMwKxnLRPH3.gif

Mr. Fix

Fairy Tail

I KNEW someone would pick all 100 monsters. And of course little miss deus ex machina has to beat them all.

I get a good chuckle when everyone who reads FT says something about it being so cliche and obvious.
Only read the first chapter- months ago.
Cheers brahs.

Fairy Tail 284

Jellal looked cool on the cover and even then we also got Hibiki, best member in Blue Pegasus, well and also Eve-kun. But still, Fairy Tail A rising to destroy the competition. Ignoring the loose bandages on Titania, that was pretty nice. Natsu and Gray were just having a blast unsurprised.

Surprisingly, I think its safe to say Fairy Tail A may, in fact not lose, but win it all after being in the bottom for so long.

Fairy Tail
Broken Erza does crazy stuff , okay chapter since i like her .
Talking about the FT anime it most likely going to done after the movie comes out .

The anime does that a lot though, there's been times when they've been even closer, I think.

Yeah, but usually Fairy Tail arcs aren't very long, so the anime can get away with being only 1 behind while inserting a little bit of filler in here and there. Right now, the manga seems to be in a relatively long arc, causing the anime to have its first real filler arc.

Fairy Tail
Broken Erza does crazy stuff , okay chapter since i like her .
Talking about the FT anime it most likely going to done after the movie comes out .

Why do you say that? It still pulls in pretty good ratings IIRC and the movie will only help that. Being close probably won't be a problem with how they've been handling it so far.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Re-reading One Piece from the beginning has proven to be a rather entertaining venture. Really, in terms of conveying sheer scale, this manga is perhaps one of the best.

The Aqua Laguna, the Gate of Justice, the massive to-Skypiea launching stream, the giant land fish, the Ark, the Marine-Whitebeard grand melee, etc etc etc.

Anyone care to guess what is the relation between Luffy and Roger? Especially the "D" part. It's rather amazing (or is it annoying? heh) that we have gone more than 60 volumes already and yet Oda barely touches that.

Literally, it translates to "Seven Military Seas." But since that sounds really dumb, ""Seven Warlords of the Sea" is the translation used by Viz, 4Kids and Funi.

Aaaah so the official translators use some liberty in translating it. Yea "Seven Military Seas" seem stupid. "He is one of the Military Seas!" doesn't have a nice ring to it, haha.

Ah well, "Shichibukai" is cool sounding enough, heh.

Why do you say that? It still pulls in pretty good ratings IIRC and the movie will only help that. Being close probably won't be a problem with how they've been handling it so far.

From what i understand the ratings have gone down and getting worst since the filler started .
Plus they are really close to the manga it only going to be matter of time before they end up in filler hell.
Where they have to do months of filler before they can do a manga arc.

Anyone care to guess what is the relation between Luffy and Roger? Especially the "D" part. It's rather amazing (or is it annoying? heh) that we have gone more than 60 volumes already and yet Oda barely touches that.

I don't think they have anything to do with each other than being a D.
From what we understand people with D in there names suppose to play a big part in history or who cause things to happen .
We most likely not going to find out until near the end of manga to tell the truth .

survivor

Banned
X8QXa.png

Sugimoto is such a cool person. She is a nerd and Date Masamune is her 2d husbando

Re-reading One Piece from the beginning has proven to be a rather entertaining venture. Really, in terms of conveying sheer scale, this manga is perhaps one of the best.

The Aqua Laguna, the Gate of Justice, the massive to-Skypiea launching stream, the giant land fish, the Ark, the Marine-Whitebeard grand melee, etc etc etc.
Why One Piece is epic and awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom