• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

Nigeru Otoko 1

At first I thought this was about a dude who has sex with bear, but then I realized the main character had breasts and they revealed that the one she had sex with was a just a guy who cleverly swaps places with bears in order to pick up chicks.

KvLHS.png

Seriously though it's seems like it will be a neat little surreal manga and Natsume Ono hasn't let me down yet.

Reading TWGOK made me realise it might be the first manga where I give a shit about shipping.

Kill me now.

It's a little different since Keima is still far from the point where he could believably date anyone for real, so it's really just a question of which girl is superior to the others.

On that note, which team are you on?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's a little different since Keima is still far from the point where he could believably date anyone for real, so it's really just a question of which girl is superior to the others.

On that note, which team are you on?

Not really on a team, but when keima stomped on chihiro it made me pretty uncomfortable. Reading the new chapter now made me wish for a a happy ending for the poor girl.

Though I gotta say the whole feeling manipulation theme in this series always made me feel slightly uncomfortable. Still a fun read though.

Eh, most of the "twists" or "reveals" in Bleach either made sense or have yet to be explained in full.

cosmicblizzard is like the ultimate shonenbro. He reads as much shit as smutgaf and their terrible tastes but its like, swag shonen instead. I know I'm talking about you like you didn't recently post or anything, but yeah. I've gotta take a look at that thread you made when I've got some time.

Oh, and don't take mysticwhip seriously. He'd tell you this Naruto war arc is good shit.
you like bleach so your argument is invalid son.

As far as favourite arc goes it's probably yui. Funniest arc, plus gender benders are always a plus.

The switch was funny and i like how it still persists even though they were reverted.

I loved the Kusunoki arc, though Chihiro remains my favorite character. Really, the only arc I disliked was Kusunoki's sister's arc.

Why do people hate that arc?

I thought it was just ok and the most interesting thing was the ending since it changed the status quo a bit (i.e Keima ultimately being the one that helps them revert)

Chihiro's snake eyes creep me out.

The Kusunoki arc was my favorite one though.

Wow, I liked Kusunoki arc quite a lot too...I thought I was alone. *sniff*

Internal monologues and bubbles filled with ellipses. Her first arc was okay, her second one was just boring.

It was badly paced imo, but Shiori is actually one of the few interesting female characters.

Nozoki Ana 1-10

Smutgaf, bow before your lord !

WOW, High five! best smut manga.

Nozoki Ana 11 - 81

I came for the smut, I stayed for...I don't know what in fact.
On the plus side : Madoka is mah waifu
On the con side : I nearly expected some Onani Master Kurosawa shit going on at times. Nope, just smut and unlikely situations.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Gantz

Eh, the biggest issue now is that he's actually trying to stop him. These aliens are massacring the entire human race, kurono would be a fool to believe they would stop if he shows mercy now. The aliens were having them as desserts for fucks sake, they're not going to see you as equals all of a sudden. This thing about the aliens having compassion or whatever is completely bonkers, there's exactly one alien that has showed even the slightest amount of compassion, but that's only after holding her hostage.

I can get Kurono being sympathetic, if there was any reason to, but his hostage being a tiny bit compassionate has nothing to do with the other 99% of them that still want to annihilate humans.

The whole thing with psyboy showed that you have two different sets of alien factions going on here. You have the civilians that are only marginally aware that humans exist and you have the government/military that is actively trying to exterminate the humans.

Nozoki Ana 11 - 81

I came for the smut, I stayed for...I don't know what in fact.
On the plus side : Madoka is mah waifu
On the con side : I nearly expected some Onani Master Kurosawa shit going on at times. Nope, just smut and unlikely situations.

I know how you feel man!

I kinda hope it'll go into one of those endings where we have delicious violent slaughter.

What was that one thing called? School Days? That'd redeem the series.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The switch was funny and i like how it still persists even though they were reverted.

Why do people hate that arc?

I thought it was just ok and the most interesting thing was the ending since it changed the status quo a bit (i.e Keima ultimately being the one that helps them revert)

I felt it was a really forced arc that was really just setting up the goddesses/new hell war, and sacrificed fun character interactions for spectacle.

msv

The whole thing with psyboy showed that you have two different sets of alien factions going on here. You have the civilians that are only marginally aware that humans exist and you have the government/military that is actively trying to exterminate the humans.
Some are only marginally aware by choice. But we've seen that they get televised feeds of human torture, and when they landed, it was shown that they could see the invasion with their own eyes, looking out the window. Humans were on the menu.

I get what that you're saying; they're not that much different from most of the humans that have been shown in Gantz. But that doesn't change that they'll still annihilate them, if they don't keep on the offensive. This is pretty much their only change of stopping them. It's pretty obvious the aliens don't care that humans are sentient, and I don't think a speech or anything would change that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I loved the Kusunoki arc, though Chihiro remains my favorite character. Really, the only arc I disliked was Kusunoki's sister's arc.

Kusunoki's sister was the only one I thought was outright terrible. Shogi girl, Shiori and Dollgirl just came off weird so while I didn't actively dislike their arcs, I think I would have found them tedious if the arc was a current week to week thing.

gunbo13

tenchir

Erza could have taken on 51 monsters instead of 100 with the same result.

Now that I think about it.

She was using logic. Beating all 100 would mean only her team would get points and everyone else 0. Beating 51 monsters would give chances to the other team for 2nd, 3rd, 4th place points. Now her team is 2nd place ranking overall.

GG-Duo

Fairy Tail

I skipped over all of the explanations, so when she said "I'll take on all 100" I thought it was kinda bad-ass.

I thought it's a great chapter. (With the exception that power levels in this manga are completely screwed up.)

:p

upandaway

She was using logic. Beating all 100 would mean only her team would get points and everyone else 0. Beating 51 monsters would give chances to the other team for 2nd, 3rd, 4th place points. Now her team is 2nd place ranking overall.
Do everyone else really get 0? They all tied for second place, so I'd expect the 2nd place reward to be distributed between them (so like, 2 points each, while she gets 10).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So is Negima worth reading even with the terrible ending I've heard about?

Like is it worse than Mass Effect 3's ending?

So is Negima worth reading even with the terrible ending I've heard about?

Like is it worse than Mass Effect 3's ending?

In a way it's worse, as it ends with an asspull, and by the time you'll get to the ending (you'll understand once you read it) all the hanging plots and questions will be resolved, without explaining anything to the reader.

It's an enjoyable series to read, but the ending will really let you down and bad taste.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I just got caught up with Aunt Tits too.

This isn't me being a part of SmutGaf or anything. This is just me mocking you all, bakas!
I marathoned Aunt Tits.

It...was...glorious!
Brofist. Don't let survivor talk you into the smutgaf bs, though. Aunt Tits is in its own league.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I just got caught up with Aunt Tits too.

This isn't me being a part of SmutGaf or anything. This is just me mocking you all, bakas!

Brofist. Don't let survivor talk you into the smutgaf bs, though. Aunt Tits is in its own league.

No, you must read To Love Ru Darkness as well.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
damnit, im trying to read jojo 4, and i remember why i stopped the first time. these scans are fucking toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom