• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bleach has the coolest covers.

If I didn't read any of them, and I walked down the manga aisle in B&N, the bleach covers would be the ones to grab my attention first.

Bleach has the coolest covers.

If I didn't read any of them, and I walked down the manga aisle in B&N, the bleach covers would be the ones to grab my attention first.

That would be the opposite for me i find Bleach covers boring since it always has 1 character one the cover with a white background .

Haly

Web 2.0 man.

Bleach is the Helvetica of manga covers.

Haly

I thought web 2.0 was about moving away from geocities-era web design.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought web 2.0 was about moving away from geocities-era web design.

That's just the tools and technologies for web design evolving, as well as designers overall learning how to not create ugly websites, though web 2.0 is part of that change too.

Web 2.0 is mostly about the rise of online communication and collaboration.

still boss.
image.php

Kusagari

Yeah but One Piece in general is full of busy panels. People should be warned about what they're getting into.

I'm fine with it usually, but Oda does go over the top at times. I remember the war arc where some chapters were just giant spreads with so much shit going on you couldn't tell what was happening.

I'm fine with it usually, but Oda does go over the top at times. I remember the war arc where some chapters were just giant spreads with so much shit going on you couldn't tell what was happening.

You mean like how wars really are ?
I have seen people say that about both Naruto and OP that the pages messy or they got to much stuff going on during the war arcs.
It makes sense to have it that way , you might have to pay more attention to page or just look at it for a little while longer but it should not be a big deal .

I really like this!

Shaman King

So I finally got around to finish reading it. Series feelings after finish? Meh.

The later end just felt cheaper for me as it went on. It's one of those cases where you get the message of the author but it's just not going over well. I'd say up until the focus of death and blah blah level ups is when it went south. Before then not bad. Hoping Flowers makes up for...something.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Caught up to last few chapters nothing really much to say to tell truth .
Some times i do wonder why i still reading this and Kimi Ni Todoke .

Took a break from FT and caught up on the last 5 chapters. Wow this arc got a sudden turn to the interesting. A lot of interesting new cast and what not. The fanservice ratio is a big chunk lol. Strip and remove your seal. Glad it wasn't just fanservice. And that last chapter... gamechanger.

One Piece

Shit is happening woo! Still a bit hard to keep up who is who and what is going on, but shit is interesting. I do hope Luffy will have a challenge against someone eventually. It does seem Haki is quite broken in this world.

bleach

So... quincies can Kirby now! Finally a different power that's interesting. A bit tired how everyone pretty much just swings swords, 'high speed movement' and have some sort of beam attack. And shit is officially going down.

Naruto

What? So... sharingan philosophy is pretty much Gurren Lagan?

gunbo13

I like Maid sama, but it really should have ended after she and the dude hooked up.
Never. Them maid outfits should continue forever. Probably the only reason I read it TBH. And I heard somebody mention KnT. You see the thing is...[profanity]...[really bad profanity]...[ban?]...[ban].

I'd better not.

Never. Them maid outfits should continue forever. Probably the only reason I read it TBH. And I heard somebody mention KnT. You see the thing is...[profanity]...[really bad profanity]...[ban?]...[ban].

I'd better not.

If i had to drop one it would be KnT , i like the art better in maid sama and at least can i laugh at some of the jokes in it along with other stuff.
KnT has becoming boring , the main couple while it was fun to see them get together has become so fucking useless .

gunbo13

Top of his head looks off.

retcon:
I was just reading the latest Bleach. Does anyone remember the manga/anime where the enemy was absorbing the good guys energy? Then the good guy just let him have it and it overloaded him? I thought it was maybe DBZ, return of Cooler?

retcon2:
Yep, Return of Cooler. I wonder...

Good Ending

This must be like the worst couple in a manga ever.

I hope she cheats on him and he goes insane, it would be the only way to make it interesting.

The last Bleach databook I bought was interesting (well theyre good when there are colored pages) but the assessment of characters abilities on the aptitude diagrams is always baffling in these databooks, that have them. If only they were published in the western world faster.

survivor

Banned
Aunt Tits

I have been thinking about this, is Minamoto really gonna sleep with any of the girls? Cause for some reason I feel like they are gonna go down the road of "learning a lesson from each girl" and keep going at it until the end. Well if they go down that unfortunate path, I want them to have an ending like Power Play where they show what happens if he picks each different girl at the end.

El Sloth

Banned
The World Chihiro Only Knows

mmhmm

End game, fellas. You'll see.

Aku no Hana

Comic seems like it's about to go down The Girl By The Sea route. Not sure if it's worth it to keep reading and potentially end up on some sort of watch list.

Edit: Should we not read very much into Chihiro being able to see the angel wings?

The World Chihiro Only Knows

mmhmm

End game, fellas. You'll see.

Edit: Should we not read very much into Chihiro being able to see the angel wings?

Too early to say, but my guess would be they're just allowing Chihiro to see them because of her role in the whole thing. I'm actually very interested to see where the story goes next; are we going to return to the old formula for a bit, will there be some transition chapters to resolve some of the unanswered questions, or will he ferry us into a new big arc immediately? There's no clear indication of where things go from here.

Too early to say, but my guess would be they're just allowing Chihiro to see them because of her role in the whole thing. I'm actually very interested to see where the story goes next; are we going to return to the old formula for a bit, will there be some transition chapters to resolve some of the unanswered questions, or will he ferry us into a new big arc immediately? There's no clear indication of where things go from here.

Keima will have to clear his galge backlog lol.

El Sloth

Banned
I actually meant that as Chihiro being the eventual end game not that I think the comic is ending soon. Sorry about that!

I think Wakaki will give us some "break" chapters to wind down from this really long arc while laying the groundwork for the next arc along the way. Maybe with a healthy does of Mercury (That's Ayumi's goddess right?) to flesh out what her shtick is. Hopefully in the style of the old formula.

I actually meant that as Chihiro being the eventual end game not that I think the comic is ending soon. Sorry about that!

I think Wakaki will give us some "break" chapters to wind down from this really long arc while laying the groundwork for the next arc along the way. Maybe with a healthy does of Mercury (That's Ayumi's goddess right?) to flesh out what her shtick is. Hopefully in the style of the old formula.

We've gotten glimpses of Mercury's character; she's aloof and apparently likes to sleep a lot. But yeah, she needs more screen time. We also need Diana to explain how she got her wings, and Akari finally explaining who she is would be nice too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

If I had to guess, I would say it's going to be how much of a pain in the ass it is for Keima to both keep to himself and make captures while burdened with a gigantic unwanted harem. I'm sure a bigger arc is coming, but I would doubt it's just going to move straight to that since he'd be wasting lots of opportunities to explain relevant plot points without resorting to infodump if he did.

We still of course have tons of other things to see, i.e. it's not like they stopped Vintage, Haqua is still a fugitive from Hell, Elsie's sister's still a Chekov's Gunman, etc. etc. so the plot certainly isn't over yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom