• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt it was a really forced arc that was really just setting up the goddesses/new hell war, and sacrificed fun character interactions for spectacle.

oh ok.

Seemed the same to me except she was not being a receptive to Keima compared to the others and the Weiss seemingly getting stronger was already being hinted.

damnit, im trying to read jojo 4, and i remember why i stopped the first time. these scans are fucking toxic.

pretty much the major reason i stopped reading and haven't continued for a while (another was the usual lack of time)

The Hinoki arc was the only one I thought was straight bad as well. It holds up a bit better when you don't have to wait a week between chapters, but it sounds like Wakaki was dealing with some personal shit and he admits it didn't come together as he wanted it to. The beginning was shallow because he failed at making her flashy and sexy like he intended, and the later parts were inspired by his own issues and it seems he had trouble portraying it because it was so personal.

981778-YR24NOV.png

The Hinoki arc was the only one I thought was straight bad as well. It holds up a bit better when you don't have to wait a week between chapters, but it sounds like Wakaki was dealing with some personal shit and he admits it didn't come together as he wanted it to. The beginning was shallow because he failed at making her flashy and sexy like he intended, and the later parts were inspired by his own issues and it seems he had trouble portraying it because it was so personal.

Yea i remember this and as said it was pretty interesting seeing Keima not being the direct savior for once but instead it was her sister

gunbo13

It just drags a bit to much like other....romance manga...not really a romance manga but I like it more than other romcom mangas and I think the love story is pretty well done.
Did you quote the wrong post? Wait, Hayate is on the same page. You must have meant to quote that post. Whew. I thought you meant...haha forget it that would be crazy!
I just got caught up with Aunt Tits too.

This isn't me being a part of SmutGaf or anything. This is just me mocking you all, bakas!

Brofist. Don't let survivor talk you into the smutgaf bs, though. Aunt Tits is in its own league.
One week later...
I just got caught up with [names 5 smutgaf manga].

This isn't me being a part of SmutGaf or anything. This is just me mocking you all, bakas!
One month later...
New chapter of TLR:D was amazing.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
gunbo if you read naruto and op, i'll read 4 smutmanga of your choice. Maybe.

retcon: and by the way fuck you, that scenario in your post will never happen

gunbo13

gunbo if you read naruto and op, i'll read 4 smutmanga of your choice. Maybe.
No deal. You'd have to read every smut manga in existence for me to read one chapter of Naruto.
retcon: and by the way fuck you, that scenario in your post will never happen
That's what they all say. Aunt Tits is the smutgaf gateway manga. You should try one chapter of Chronicles of Street Observation Research though. It's more like Aunt Tits and not the deplorableness of TLR:D. Very funny manga.

survivor

Banned
That's what they all say. Aunt Tits is the smutgaf gateway manga. You should try one chapter of Chronicles of Street Observation Research though. It's more like Aunt Tits and not the deplorableness of TLR:D. Very funny manga.
I still haven't found good manga like it. Great smut with a dose of comedy to make it a very enjoyable read.

gunbo13

I still haven't found good manga like it. Great smut with a dose of comedy to make it a very enjoyable read.
Yep. I switched right over to it once I read a few pages of the vanilla lolicon crap version. Was laughing after the first few pages. It has adult humor like Aunt Tits but way more creative with all those gags. Yuuta and his art class modeling was top notch. Kono S o, Mi yo is also seinen, like those two series, but not even close regarding humor. Same with Fiction Onee-san. And Nozoki Ana is garbage of course.

The only other series you have that go with them are My Balls and Love in Hell. Those are the only four I know like that.

Did you quote the wrong post? Wait, Hayate is on the same page. You must have meant to quote that post. Whew. I thought you meant...haha forget it that would be crazy!

I know, I thought Fruits Basket was the ultimate love story, but I was wrong!

No, I'm serious I like NA love plot....what can I say?

so i'm really bored with aunt tits and tlrd guys, I think smut manga was just a phase for me.

Prison Shcool is the solution.

Maybe, it could also turn you off from smut manga forever

Momo is overrated. She got boring, like, 5 chapters in to Darkness.

Somehow I can never get enough of Momo although she ends doing the same always...just like it always happens the same in the manga.

survivor

Banned
I just discovered Asano has a new manga. HYPE

Yep. I switched right over to it once I read a few pages of the vanilla lolicon crap version. Was laughing after the first few pages. It has adult humor like Aunt Tits but way more creative with all those gags. Yuuta and his art class modeling was top notch. Kono S o, Mi yo is also seinen, like those two series, but not even close regarding humor. Same with Fiction Onee-san. And Nozoki Ana is garbage of course.

The only other series you have that go with them are My Balls and Love in Hell. Those are the only four I know like that.

It's almost criminal how translation for this are slow. Kono S is somewhere on my list will read it at one point

Well I guess were finally getting a truly new manga in the shonen jump alpha, wonder if the volumes will be released swiftly too.

North Amercan manga publisher Viz Media announced during its "Shonen Jump Alpha Meet-up" panel at FanimeCon on Saturday that its weekly digital anthology Shonen Jump Alpha will add Kōhei Horikoshi's Sensei no Baruji (Barrage) manga. It will start next week.

Viz described the story: "The planet of Industria is in a state of chaos, and its fate lies in the hands of Astro, a good-natured boy for the slums.

Rorschach

I was catching up with OP and was so bored. I'm tired of them not doing anything and/or finding new reasons for them not to fight anyone at full strength or shit that gets in the way of advancing the story. When their bodies got switched, I almost felt like just closing it for good. At least the humor is always entertaining.

Hope this arch is over soon, but now we have a stupid blob enemy to deal with. Yawn.

Wiseblade

I was catching up with OP and was so bored. I'm tired of them not doing anything and/or finding new reasons for them not to fight anyone at full strength or shit that gets in the way of advancing the story. When their bodies got switched, I almost felt like just closing it for good. At least the humor is always entertaining.

Hope this arch is over soon, but now we have a stupid blob enemy to deal with. Yawn.

ibcg2qT938Q1iV.gif

Rorschach

btw- what was that site that kept track of all the balls Oda had in the air? The cover pages made me realize I've forgotten some people. :p

There was one for OP and one for Naruto. It was like an updated image or something.

Mega-end volume (in english, it's 414 pages!) Nice, heart-felt ending; no big twist or anything. I wish there was
a time skip to catch up with the characters
but it's easy to appreciate how the author poured himself into finishing this work. Good job

Now to cleanse all of this good writing out of my system with some Bleach chapters

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
If it weren't for Law, this arc would be just as shitty as FI. Law suddenly makes this go from like D+ status to B+/A- Territory.

Antimagia 6
tumblr_m4nwc4eT7x1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Main characters with crybaby tendencies are kind of nice. Again the violence in this manga is pretty intense, I guess the most of Ive encountered in the manga Ive read, but it fits into the atmosphere and makes everything way more intense and epic than I would think.

Expected outcome of the event once it happened. Curious what memories will Lucas retain at the end.

upandaway

Well I guess were finally getting a truly new manga in the shonen jump alpha, wonder if the volumes will be released swiftly too.
This is hilarious. Out of everything, they choose a manga with 2 chapters (2nd not even out in Japan), from an author who was cancelled at 26 in 2010.

I guess they just want all the battle fantasies in Jump without any other genre. Do we know if Alpha is successful or not?

btw- what was that site that kept track of all the balls Oda had in the air? The cover pages made me realize I've forgotten some people. :p

There was one for OP and one for Naruto. It was like an updated image or something.
The OP guide is on hiatus because the dude is busy with school or something. It stopped somewhere during Fishman Island arc.

It was really good, too. I could imagine one for all sorts of busy series, like HxH which is hard to remember because of all the breaks.

upandaway

Minamoto

I dunno man, "elegant" doesn't really seem like the word humanity would use to celebrate those furnitures, or her style.

But that's just me.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Liking the Bleach cover.
Haha, before it was revealed I was afraid we were gonna get Yuki so this is definitely a pleasant surprise. It seems he's trying something new by adding colour tints (green for this, and orange for the new Rebooted Souls info book) but I will miss the dynamic shading of the Fullbring covers -
l5Iuq.jpg

Also, speaking of Bleach covers, anyone else annoyed Stark didn't get one but Dordoni and Cirucci did? I know the cover characters represent what's happening in the volume, but he's the Primera for fuck sake, and the only Espada along with Zommari without one :^(

Solune

So that picture from a while ago upandaway is from Love Mixing. Of course I don't actually recommend that you read it, just putting it out there you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom