• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
Flashback keeps on going. Average chapter which I guess is going to fill in some more holes or whatever. Was funny seeing all those things already had happened to Adachi so good for her.

gunbo13

Aunt Tits

I have been thinking about this, is Minamoto really gonna sleep with any of the girls? Cause for some reason I feel like they are gonna go down the road of "learning a lesson from each girl" and keep going at it until the end.
He'll end up sleeping with one of them after all the lessons are learned. The cousin would be the safe bet.

upandaway

Daily Life with a Monster Girl 2-3

Aren't harpies, like, the natural enemies of lamias?

But yeah I'm fine with this. Papi's XD face kills me every time. She's so silly.

RaGyv.png

Papi, you're so silly.

Solune

I honestly think this volume would look better if the text is made smaller, hopefully that's just a placeholder for or something.
Liking the Bleach cover.
Haha, before it was revealed I was afraid we were gonna get Yuki so this is definitely a pleasant surprise. It seems he's trying something new by adding colour tints (green for this, and orange for the new Rebooted Souls info book) but I will miss the dynamic shading of the Fullbring covers -
l5Iuq.jpg
This cover is pretty good in itself in comparison.
iNXMo.png

MORE SWAG
I think this is what was on that Jump cover that one time.
The orange is really good in this composition, digging it.

My favorite so far the one in your avatar though.
I was the one that asked for the source

thanks

Oh yeah, it was you. I was a bit confused there!

Now I can be confident, I won against survivor at something.
Whoops! I'm pretty sure upandaway posted it and both of you didn't know where it came from... or something.
At least now we know how she sits on the toilet.

And it's not in the direction I thought it would be!

Now I'm really curious about picking this up.

Air Gear 355 - 357 (end)

Well I guess overall an 9 / 10 or so. I kind of liked how the ending arc was done and even these three (Ikki looked cool and
Gravity on Earth letting loose for awhile was crazy
I wish it could have gone on for longer but Im satisfied, all my favorites getting a panel or such.

Im glad I picked it up, every arc was fun, emotion worked, friendstuff nice. All the battles intense as well as the various regalia's and just abilities on their own (St. Elmos crossfire, always) Only thing I didn't like was all the fanservice moments, but I guess by having it in an equal opportunity manner, I cant complain that much. Kazu, Ikki, Agito for favorite characters and arcs. Kururu >>>>>>>>>>>> Ringo.

I think the second longest I finished (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles at 233 and Dragonball at 520).

Now if they can give a full anime adaptation.

Esch

Banned
I just started reading Slam Dunk and its hilarious how much it takes from Ippo. The main character is basically takamura, his rival is a Miyata copypaste...Sendoh....

edit: wtf creepy ass monster girls

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo ran at the same time, apparently.

Air Gear

Nice ending, even though the story was convoluted as fuck like all Oh!Great stuff. The color cover of the last chapter with Ikki and Ringo being all coupley was adorable.

Kreed

Bleach:

Kubo needs to tone it down on the large fonts all over the artwork of those Bleach volume covers. I actually thought those were the Viz versions at first, but then I looked those up and they actually do a better job of keeping the fonts off of the artwork:

zGQHb.jpg

Although I would have chosen a font color other than bright red, and I like how Kubo changes the title colors with each volume vs Viz keeping the title font the same colors.

Averon

Air Gear Final

I really hope Oh! Great gets a proper writer for his next work. I like his art, but his stories are a pain to read through. Air Gear's writing was better compared to Tenjo Tenge, but that isn't saying much given how incomprehensible TT was.

edit: And the ending was a mess. It was all over the place.

Wait. Air gear ended??

I don't think I'm ready for the final few eps.

I do hope oh great goes back to doing nipples again. He puts so much care in them in tenjo tenge xD

Air Gear End

That ending wasn't bad at all and it was nice to see certain things finally cleared up (plus although the story was fucking ridiculous it was still easier to deal with than Tenjou Tenge).

And Ikki is the motherfucking BOSS

Air Gear
Stop reading a long while ago but since it end was catching up in a way .
Story had better ending than TT but that was not hard to do and it was still ridiculous.
Okay ending for how stupid the series had gotten .

Zekes!

What's up bitches I'm back from my weekend trip to Vancouver.

While I was over there I read the first volume of Me and the Devil Blues, which I had found in the library before I left. I think I remember someone mentioning it here a while back, and wanted to check it out 'cause it's by Akira Hiramoto, who's doing Prison School right now, which I really like.

I'll probably start some new series or something over the next week, though I might just take a little break (though I have Osamu Tezuka's Swallowing the Earth in the mail, and still need to order Saturn Apartments vol. 5)

retcon: Anyone wanna spoiler the ending to Air Gear? I don't think I have enough patience right now to go back and figure out where I left off years ago, but I used to love the series so I'm curious about how it finally ended.

Air Gear end

You know, I actually like the thing with Ikki stealing the world's gravity. It's something worthy of a final battle-scale fight. May not have been strategically sound (though the paper crane part was), but at least it was cool. Final chapter was a bit more confusing. The out of order story-telling threw me off. At least Onigiri got an awesome end. And I'm confused, is Emily still stuck in Obama's body or not?

In retrospect, this would have been a much easier read if I started it when it was already finished. Still would be confusing as hell though. This really need a full run anime reboot.

Pluto Vol. 1

I really like it. Urasawa's art style mixed with the futuristic setting works well; the cityscapes are quite attractive. The issue of robots becoming indistinguishable from humans and the resulting societal issues is one of the most common themes there is in sci-fi, but it's compelling here because of how well it's handled. Having a strong lead in Gesicht and emotional resonance in characters like Robby's wife helps with that. The North No. 2 story was particularly moving.

Black Paradox

Pretty crazy and unsettling, though not as unsettling as other Junji Ito manga I've read. The ending didn't quite have that "everything's spiraled out of control" feel I'm used to, although it hinted that that would happen in the future. My favorite chapter was the first; doppelgangers are always creepy, and not knowing who I could trust left me continually on edge.

Black Paradox

Pretty crazy and unsettling, though not as unsettling as other Junji Ito manga I've read. The ending didn't quite have that "everything's spiraled out of control" feel I'm used to, although it hinted that that would happen in the future. My favorite chapter was the first; doppelgangers are always creepy, and not knowing who I could trust left me continually on edge.

This still has the best description on MU.

A manga about people trying to kill themselves, but weird stuff happens instead.

And yeah, first chapter was damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom