• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

ah my goddess:

God I hope this is real.

dmuTK.jpg

Azure J

Deadman Wonderland 1 - 39

OK, so the sheer WTF of the first episode that aired on Toonami yesterday was totally the impetus for this, but I decided to read it and holy fucking shit.

What

What

What

One thing I'll give this series though, Ganta's a fucking boss even with all the fucked up shit going on around him. Even more so because he manages to take the "whiny Shinji" archetype used for these situations, turn it on its head and be effective when necessary. He's like the Yusuke of "the world hates you" protagonist types.

Few notes:

- Reading this makes me wonder if American bodies are ready for the sheer unadulterated raunch that is everything Minazuki.
- Shiro is awesome, but OMFGGGGGG
I saw the Red Man twist from a mile away, but its still no less understated where I currently am. On a related note, NO not Azami!

- Reading this makes me wonder if American bodies are ready for the sheer unadulterated raunch that is everything Minazuki.

<3 Minatsuki. She was my avatar for a while. And now you know the meaning of this post :D

I'm honestly curious to see if they'll change her dialogue at all. I mean... it's kind of graphic, but so was the fake Ganta video which was kept intact for the dub.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was promised smut.

Where is it upandaway? Where are you hiding it?

Or did you lie to me?

EDIT: I just got the joke. Fuck me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No no, the fault lies with me. Luckily there's a new Nisekoi chapter.

EDIT: aaaah delicious smut

Azure J

Deadman (All caught up)

Wow, what a fucked up place for a hiatus. Mockingbird's mind stuff reminds me far too much of first anime FMA went down with Dante/Hoenheim's extended body snatching stuff.

I'm nearing the point where I'm starting to give up on a happy ending for everyone. (Re: As happy as something this warped can be anyway.)

TWGOK

Chihiro is true route, harem is secondary route.

smurfx

get some go again
god the ending to air gear was a giant mess. nice start to the manga and then everything went to hell. well makes sense since the same happened with tenjho tenge.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Cat street 7

Reading through this series. Pretty interesting concept so far with the main character with the mental capacity of a grade schooler trying to get back her life with a bunch of misfits, but god she can be pretty annoying.

Kreed

Deadman Wonderland

OK, so the sheer WTF of the first episode that aired on Toonami yesterday was totally the impetus for this, but I decided to read it and holy fucking shit.

I was actually tempted to do this but I didn't know if it was worth reading or not from just seeing the first episode. But based on your review I'm going to give the series a read.

flawfuls

Cat street 7

Reading through this series. Pretty interesting concept so far with the main character with the mental capacity of a grade schooler trying to get back her life with a bunch of misfits, but god she can be pretty annoying.

Just take comfort in knowing the best guy will win.
Which is surprising because he seems like a minor character at first.

smh at Jmanga. Sorry guys, "offline mode" for reading your manga should not be a feature to promote. I now fully expect it to be some trash iphone app where you can only cache 1 chapter at a time and it only displays at 3GS resolution.

Sad when Viz seems like the future of manga by comparison.

Doesn't disqualify it from being on-going. Berserk is ancient too.

The scary thing is that AMG is basically a decade older than Berserk.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Cat Street END

Wow, turned out to be a nice touching story. Them coming back to the school was a great way to tie the story.

Can get pretty shoujo, but it's tamer than most.

Could see the final romance from miles away.

gunbo13

He didn't bang Ringo? FUck yes
He didn't do much from what I just quickly gathered. I just skimmed the last few chapters and laughed at how much of a mess it looked like. And I even read a few hundred chapters. One of the worst downward spirals I've seen starting with the tower arc.

"In the manga, it is later revealed that Trophaeum Tower is actually a big geo-thermal research center, located on Mt. Shinonome." Good lord... Then the whole gravity children bullshit.

/chapter 140+ END

PS: DTL, the tournament arc in Flame of Recca is where I dropped it. That was seriously the longest tournament arc in the history of manga. DBZ tourneys were shorter even when they evolved into planet saving stuff.

Sai

He didn't bang Ringo? FUck yes
It's not like they showed them being all lovey dovey in the end, but it's pretty clear that he chose her, with her acting as his Tuner for the Storm Regalia, and the last chapter's cover.

Kururu ended up becoming another competitive rival for him, in a sense... Simca was more of an idol to him rather than a love prospect... And Hako was out of her mind. :I

survivor

Banned
The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor vol 1

YcMs0.png

What started out as a dark life of prostitutes manga turned out to be a light hearted slice of life manga. Probably for the better since I didn't like the stuff in the first chapter. Our protagonist this time is Etou, a girl that used to chill with bad gang of girls that like to take men to love hotels and steal their money, then she decided to quit that life on the street and do something decent. So she became a nude model for our male protagonist, Asai.

Asai is your usual silent dark handsome male lead. He is really not interesting at all. His crossdressing cousin, Inoue, is a much cooler character.

Oh and since this is a manga about an artist, the cliffhanger of the first volume is about him hurting his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom